Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Re: 2015 

Post#361 » by treiz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Doormatt wrote:
DD12 wrote:
treiz wrote:Beauty from Salah too, surprised at Florenzi at RB but it's clear Pjanic-DDR-Naingollan is the best midfield trio to trot out there.

Hope Roma can keep this going and DDR isn't too badly hurt.

Fiorentina literally played one sided game but Roma was lucky enough to win.

I dont agree, we missed just as many quality chances as them, and only conceded on literally the last kick of the ball. They might have dominated possession but they didn't dominate the game, most of their possession was them just passing the ball along the back 4 because they couldn't figure out how to get past our midfield. This was the best game from Ninja all season, his tackles were on point, hopefully this means he's bouncing back cuz he has been mostly mediocre.

I also don't think there has ever been a question of DDR-Ninja-Panic being our best midfield, the problem is Ninja has been massively underperforming compared to last season so our midfield has looked shaky. Also the injuries meant DDR had to play CB a few games. Still, we are in first and we are missing our best defender. Once Castan can (hopefully) play we will look 100x better, Manolas and Rudiger clearly do not know how to play with each other and are a bit inexperienced to know how to get by.

I'm not doubting it, just sort of emphasising that fact. As much as I love Florenzi, right now he should only be getting playing time at RB and even then I'm very skeptical about it. Like you said, Ninja was under-performing but hopefully this can kick start his season.

Disappointed about DDR limping off just as Ninja got it going, hopefully it's nothing too serious. I'd be willing to give Vainqueur a chance, just as long as he just stays back and just defends allowing Digne and Florenzi (should be play at RB) or Torosidis to help the attack more. Just not too sure about a midfield trio of Ninja-Pjanic-Florenzi.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#362 » by DD12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:17 am

cgf wrote:kid has a lot of Boateng to him if it does.

No he doesn't suck that much. He will be fine. Far better than Boateng for sure.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,111

Post#363 » by magik9113 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Disaster of a half from Juve. Sansone scored a sweet free kick, we can't get anything going offensively, and Berardi broke the **** outta Chiellini so he fouled him and got a red. Jesus
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#364 » by Foye » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 pm

magik9113 wrote:Disaster of a half from Juve. Sansone scored a sweet free kick, we can't get anything going offensively, and Berardi broke the **** outta Chiellini so he fouled him and got a red. Jesus

They should've brought him to Juve family years ago.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#365 » by magik9113 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Foye wrote:
magik9113 wrote:Disaster of a half from Juve. Sansone scored a sweet free kick, we can't get anything going offensively, and Berardi broke the **** outta Chiellini so he fouled him and got a red. Jesus

They should've brought him to Juve family years ago.

He is still a member of the fam, he's just away at college
treiz
RealGM

Post#366 » by treiz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Very good 3-1 win for Roma, surprised at how the Pjanic-Ninja-Florenzi midfield worked out. Thought it would've been disastrous but they were all very cohesive throughout.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#367 » by magik9113 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

treiz wrote:Very good 3-0 lead right now for Roma, surprised at how the Pjanic-Ninja-Florenzi midfield worked out. Thought it would've been disastrous but they were all very cohesive throughout.

Why do you prefer Florenzi at RB?
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#368 » by magik9113 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Juve sure do suck sometimes
treiz
RealGM

Post#369 » by treiz » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:45 pm

magik9113 wrote:
treiz wrote:Very good 3-0 lead right now for Roma, surprised at how the Pjanic-Ninja-Florenzi midfield worked out. Thought it would've been disastrous but they were all very cohesive throughout.

It's not that I prefer him there, I just feel like having the trio of Florenzi-Ninja-Pjanic is not ideal due to the fact that I don't think they'd all have specific roles for that midfield, and that could lead to too many guys committing forward or too many defending, I was more worried about the lack of cohesion it would've brought to the team due to all of them being very good all around midfielders on their day and not having primary objectives. I know that this is something that can be solved by these 3 playing more games together and getting used to each other but I feel this is not the time to be experimenting.

For example, I feel that if DDR is playing, he's the designated holder of the three and will only push up when they have the opponents really pinned back (which allows him to dictate the game more) or in the case of the Leverkusen game, when they were behind.

Also, Florenzi is too good a player to sit on the bench so he'd have to be in the XI somehow.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#370 » by magik9113 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

treiz wrote:
magik9113 wrote:

It's not that I prefer him there, I just feel like having the trio of Florenzi-Ninja-Pjanic is not ideal due to the fact that I don't think they'd all have specific roles for that midfield, and that could lead to too many guys committing forward or too many defending, I was more worried about the lack of cohesion it would've brought to the team due to all of them being very good all around midfielders on their day and not having primary objectives. I know that this is something that can be solved by these 3 playing more games together and getting used to each other but I feel this is not the time to be experimenting.

For example, I feel that if DDR is playing, he's the designated holder of the three and will only push up when they have the opponents really pinned back (which allows him to dictate the game more) or in the case of the Leverkusen game, when they were behind.

Also, Florenzi is too good a player to sit on the bench so he'd have to be in the XI somehow.

I feel like they've all played mid together at least enough times last season if not this, but yea I get what you're saying.

Roma back in first by two points and ahead of Juve by 11. Cue the fire Allegri hashtags. It sucks Marchisio was ill today but I don't even know what the deal is anymore and I'm tired of making excuses for such lack of offense when we have Dybala, Morata, Pogba, Cuadrado etc
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#371 » by No_20 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Who would replace Allegri?

Spalletti? Prandelli? Or a non-Italian manager?
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#372 » by magik9113 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I think replacing Allegri becomes a real possibility only if we do not pick up at least 3 points in our next two games (vs Torino and @BMg). If Juve fail to do so Montella would then become a candidate. I'm sure Prandelli, Lippi, and Ancelotti would be thrown around as possibilities too.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,917

Post#373 » by cgf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:10 pm

treiz wrote:Very good 3-1 win for Roma, surprised at how the Pjanic-Ninja-Florenzi midfield worked out. Thought it would've been disastrous but they were all very cohesive throughout.

Pjanic is a very smooth talent to facilitate their possession and the other two bring a lot of running alongside their skill to help shelter him against the physical play that can put him off. Against a normal midfield I don't see why that trio wouldn't be very effective. I would have my doubts if they were facing a giant and physical midfield (like Pogba, Matuidi/Vidal and Matic/Xhaka/young-Xabi); if only because of how vulnerable Pjanic is to being muscled out of a game; but if they're not overpowered that trio should be pretty dang effective.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#374 » by cgf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm

magik9113 wrote:I think replacing Allegri becomes a real possibility only if we do not pick up at least 3 points in our next two games (vs Torino and @BMg). If Juve fail to do so Montella would then become a candidate. I'm sure Prandelli, Lippi, and Ancelotti would be thrown around as possibilities too.

I may over-rate him because of a lack of exposure but Montella seems like he could be a great fit. The kind of fit that not only got you back into form in the league, but helped you make last season's CL run a more regular event. Love the idea of him working with Dybala and Pogba with Mandzo/Morata, Marchisio, Cuadrado, and the rest to support them.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

treiz
RealGM

Post#375 » by treiz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm

cgf wrote:
treiz wrote:Very good 3-1 win for Roma, surprised at how the Pjanic-Ninja-Florenzi midfield worked out. Thought it would've been disastrous but they were all very cohesive throughout.

Pjanic is a very smooth talent to facilitate their possession and the other two bring a lot of running alongside their skill to help shelter him against the physical play that can put him off. Against a normal midfield I don't see why that trio wouldn't be very effective. I would have my doubts if they were facing a giant and physical midfield (like Pogba, Matuidi/Vidal and Matic/Xhaka/young-Xabi); if only because of how vulnerable Pjanic is to being muscled out of a game; but if they're not overpowered that trio should be pretty dang effective.

That's exactly why, you summed up the position on Pjanic and Florenzi isn't exactly the biggest guy in the world and he misses too many tackles (one of the reasons people are against him at RB), Ninja is the only one capable and yet having him sit deep is nullifying his attacking prowess and all around game.

But like you said against smaller teams it should be fine on talent alone.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#376 » by DD12 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:33 am

cgf wrote:
magik9113 wrote:I think replacing Allegri becomes a real possibility only if we do not pick up at least 3 points in our next two games (vs Torino and @BMg). If Juve fail to do so Montella would then become a candidate. I'm sure Prandelli, Lippi, and Ancelotti would be thrown around as possibilities too.

I may over-rate him because of a lack of exposure but Montella seems like he could be a great fit. The kind of fit that not only got you back into form in the league, but helped you make last season's CL run a more regular event. Love the idea of him working with Dybala and Pogba with Mandzo/Morata, Marchisio, Cuadrado, and the rest to support them.

You are not overrating Montella. He is a very promising coach who did very good job at Fiorentina.

HOWEVER,

He has his mental issues. He was like this when he was a player and he still has this problem. He likes to go against presidents and throwing players under the bus in front of the media. I am not quite sure how effective he could be with players like Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio who have star attitude.
cgf
RealGM

Post#377 » by cgf » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 am

treiz wrote:
cgf wrote:

That's exactly why, you summed up the position on Pjanic and Florenzi isn't exactly the biggest guy in the world and he misses too many tackles (one of the reasons people are against him at RB), Ninja is the only one capable and yet having him sit deep is nullifying his attacking prowess and all around game.

But like you said against smaller teams it should be fine on talent alone.

Yeah, it's certainly vulnerable to bigger sides that can just overpower them in puckbattles with no De Rossi or Strootman; but the more I think about it, the more I like the fit in matches where they can get away with it. Florenzi isn't huge but the kid covers a ton of ground and puts in a ton of work. Nainggolan as you say has the strength as well as the running to shelter Pjanic; who would need to play a more pirlo like role as the metronome who their counters and attacking-movements flowed forth from, mostly hanging behind Ninja-Florenzi as they burst forward to join the front three in either pressing or attack. With Nainggolan and Florenzi having to do a lot of work coming back against the ball when pressing up the pitch fails so that Pjanic doesn't get taken advantage of defensively.

Again, I don't think it would work too well against big strong midfields that they can't just outclass, or top sides...but without Strootman and De Rossi I like it for matches that they can get away with it.

DD12 wrote:
cgf wrote:

You are not overrating Montella. He is a very promising coach who did very good job at Fiorentina.

HOWEVER,

He has his mental issues. He was like this when he was a player and he still has this problem. He likes to go against presidents and throwing players under the bus in front of the media. I am not quite sure how effective he could be with players like Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio who have star attitude.

The only thing more fitting than the explosive football that I can imagine a Montella-coached Juve playing, would be an explosive divorce in ~3 years.

magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#378 » by magik9113 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:21 am

Montella did well during his little time at Roma, then at Catania and Fiorentina. I always felt that Roma should have kept him. Mourinho has mental problems but his coaching career turned out aight. I'd be willing to give Montella a chance but I'm still behind Allegri for the time being
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#379 » by Doormatt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:03 pm

I highly doubt Montella would coach Juve, and I highly doubt Allegri will get fired unless Juve finish outside of the top 3. This is all overreaction, other top teams aren't consistent enough to have already decided the scudetto race even with an 11 point lead.
#doorgek
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#380 » by magik9113 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:14 pm

I think he'd coach Juve if they were to actually offer him the job. But yea I only entertained No20's question about possible replacements since it was asked. Allegri isn't close to being fired and I'm sure the only way he'd get the boot anytime soon is if we lose out in champions league or something

Return to The General Soccer Board