2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,945

Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II 

Post#81 » by cgf » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:20 pm

Bernman wrote:
cgf wrote:Both Passlack and Pulisic are staying with the first team. And though you are right that Pulisic has a higher ceiling than Passlack and is the more exciting prospect; he's not a FB candidate and certainly not for the german NT. Which is what that post was about. Bauer and Max have been starting at LB for their clubs; Bauer in particular is intriguing to me, as he's always impressed with the youth NT in the games I've seen him in. Weiser has gotten his career back on track at Hertha and is a very talented RB candidate; who is seeing regular first league time as well.

And with Passlack staying with the senior squad for BVB, he enters the unclear mess that is BVB's RB depth chart; because, as you pointed out, Pulisic is ahead of him for an attacking position...and that despite all of Pisczek/Ginter/Durm/Stenzel being in the picture, the rotation is still up in air. I've always compared Passlack to a more dynamic Kuba for BVB fans that didn't watch our youth NTs; and Kuba is a player who I always wanted to see played consistently in a midfield trio. So I can certainly envision Passlack growing into a box-to-boxer or winger; but for now, he's seems poised to make his first impacts on senior team football at RB.

I see, I thought you were referring to Bundesliga prospects in general.

No worries, my initial post wasn't the most clear.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#82 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:26 pm

Another great first half defensively. But still, we aren't winning the game like that.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#83 » by ATL Boy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:34 pm

Pretty even between Dortmund and Hertha in the first half.

Hertha's defensive discipline has been impeccable. If we want the win, we'll have to take it, Berlin won't give it away.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#84 » by No_20 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:39 pm

Jose Mourinho is in Germany watching Hertha Berlin-Borussia Dortmund with assistant Rui Faria today.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#85 » by Foye » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:46 pm

No_20 wrote:Jose Mourinho is in Germany watching Hertha Berlin-Borussia Dortmund with assistant Rui Faria today.

Why is this relevant?
No_20
Veteran

Post#86 » by No_20 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:51 pm

Foye wrote:
No_20 wrote:Jose Mourinho is in Germany watching Hertha Berlin-Borussia Dortmund with assistant Rui Faria today.

Why is this relevant?

Well, it's interesting that one of the greatest managers of all time(who is jobless as well) is at a random Bundesliga game.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye

Post#87 » by Foye » Sat Feb 6, 2016 3:52 pm

No_20 wrote:
Foye wrote:

Why is this relevant?

Well, it's interesting that one of the greatest managers of all time(who is jobless as well) is at a random Bundesliga game.

He probably just wants to see which Dortmund player he is going to buy for 50+ mil. once he joins United. :dontknow:
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#88 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, after the game last week it's very nice to see our defense is back. A point against Dortmund is good obviously but a win wasn't impossible.

Good game. On to the next one.

Foye

Post#89 » by Foye » Sat Feb 6, 2016 4:41 pm

Schaaf was rocking a striker lineup of Almeida, Szalai and Sobiech at the end of the game. Fortunately, they had nobody to assist the three tree trunks up front. :lol:
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#90 » by truth18 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:37 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Well, after the game last week it's very nice to see our defense is back. A point against Dortmund is good obviously but a win wasn't impossible.

The Bulls, brah. Remember when I told you Garpax would ruin the team a year and a half ago?
YOU LOSE
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#91 » by Baphomet » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:39 pm

Foye wrote:Great goal from Stafylidis

https://streamable.com/lt9j

Was a lovely strike
Andi Obst
General Manager

Re: AW: RE: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II 

Post#92 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:45 pm

truth18 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Well, after the game last week it's very nice to see our defense is back. A point against Dortmund is good obviously but a win wasn't impossible.

The Bulls, brah. Remember when I told you Garpax would ruin the team a year and a half ago?

Yeah, it's pretty sad. At least Hertha is kinda good this year.

truth18
RealGM

Post#93 » by truth18 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:46 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Foye wrote:Great goal from Stafylidis

https://streamable.com/lt9j

Was a lovely strike

Beautiful
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM

Re: AW: RE: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II 

Post#94 » by truth18 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:48 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty sad. At least Hertha is kinda good this year.

Should have never fired Thibs, given him GM power and flipped Rose for what you could. Now you guys are on a long rebuild plan that may waste some of Butler's good years.

Unfortunate that the FO cares more about pinching pennies and selling out the UC.

Good game btw. (Dortmund/Hertha).
YOU LOSE
Andi Obst
General Manager

Re: AW: RE: Re: AW: RE: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II 

Post#95 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:54 pm

truth18 wrote:Should have never fired Thibs, given him GM power and flipped Rose for what you could. Now you guys are on a long rebuild plan that may waste some of Butler's good years.

Nah, Thibs was done in Chicago. He's a good coach but he didn't reach the team like he used to. They were done with him, this wasn't only on the FO.

And nobody was ever going to trade for Rose, let's be honest.

truth18
RealGM

Re: AW: RE: Re: AW: RE: Re: 2015-16 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread II 

Post#96 » by truth18 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 6:04 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
truth18 wrote:Should have never fired Thibs, given him GM power and flipped Rose for what you could. Now you guys are on a long rebuild plan that may waste some of Butler's good years.

Nah, Thibs was done in Chicago. He's a good coach but he didn't reach the team like he used to. They were done with him, this wasn't only on the FO.

And nobody was ever going to trade for Rose, let's be honest.

This was all on the FO, imo, even if you want to take that approach, they could have spent some **** money on actually aquiring effective talent.

Instead they alienated and then manipulated the media and team against Thibs (Fred played Butler insane minutes this year, I didn't here the Chicago media complaining), who was a suggestion from OBAMA to begin with (Negro was Garpax's hire, then Fred). They **** with Luol when the man was practically dying, aquired Pau because he was the cheapest option that falsely improved the team. Portis pick was solid I'll give them that. Someone definitely would have traded for Rose after the first injury, probably Brooklyn, Sac, or NYC.

Your FO us terrible and things will only get worse unless they go, but Gar is teflon, and firing Pax only solves half of that issues.

I feel for the Bulls man. I think the Celtics future is grim (eight year plan until we are back in contention), but you guys need a miracle.

When the Sixers have had more post Jordan success than the team that had Jordan, it's the FOs fault.

If I seem upset, it's because I am. Your beautiful franchise deserves much more than this. Bulls and Lakers are some of the only other NBA teams I have real respect for. Made me so sad to see Butler hurt last night and the subsequent loss.
YOU LOSE
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#97 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 6, 2016 6:31 pm

We can definitely agree that the Bulls are in a terrible situation right now and that our FO is very bad. Don't agree on Thibs and trading Rose, though.

truth18
RealGM

Post#98 » by truth18 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:13 pm

Lol Xabi.
YOU LOSE
No_20
Veteran

Post#99 » by No_20 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:18 pm

Bayern are dreadful atm.

Honestly think their tie against Juventus Turin is 50-50. The big question if Pogba and Dybala can do it against Europe's elite. They havent done it yet.
DD12
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#100 » by DD12 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:34 pm

having about 1.5 billion euro squad and playing this awfully. LOL at PEP

Return to The General Soccer Board