2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Re: RE: Re: 2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#981 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 7, 2017 1:49 pm

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Somebody needs to tell these guys that this is a home game. We're terrible.

Maybe Dardai is trying to avoid EL by starting Esswein?

Esswein has been much better than Haraguchi. Not good, but still.

I actually think the left side with Kalou is much worse because he stopped giving a **** a while ago (and because he shouldn't play on the wing even when he does).
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#982 » by Foye » Sun May 7, 2017 2:22 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Somebody needs to tell these guys that this is a home game. We're terrible.

Maybe Dardai is trying to avoid EL by starting Esswein?

Esswein has been much better than Haraguchi. Not good, but still.

I actually think the left side with Kalou is much worse because he stopped giving a **** a while ago (and because he shouldn't play on the wing even when he does).

I only watched highlights from your match yesterday and Esswein was literally involved in a lot of stupid scenes it seemed. On offense he would shoot from outside the box despite being left alone and having all the time in the world to go inside the box for a better shot...and well on defense he made a formidable assist to Poulsen.

Regarding Kalou, he is no winger. Constantly played out of position. Thats the problem.

No idea why Dardai doesnt like Stocker. I mean hes no top winger but it doesnt get much worse than Esswein imo.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Andi Obst
General Manager

Re: RE: 2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#983 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 7, 2017 2:46 pm

Foye wrote:No idea why Dardai doesnt like Stocker. I mean hes no top winger but it doesnt get much worse than Esswein imo.

Stocker actually started, too, but was as a bad as everyone else. He tends to do stupid things (like his brutal red card against Dortmund) or get injured whenever he gets a chance to show what he's got.

Foye

Re: 2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#984 » by Foye » Sun May 7, 2017 2:57 pm

This game makes it painfully evident why both teams are standing where they are. Neither team has a clue what to do with the ball in possession.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#985 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 7, 2017 3:07 pm

Will No_20 make his trolling comeback in a few minutes?

Will he keep hiding?

I'm so nervous right now.

Foye

Post#986 » by Foye » Sun May 7, 2017 3:49 pm

Decent result. Gotta take care of Frankfurt next week and we'll be safe. Then again, I'm not too comfortable that we are able to take care of anyone these days.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
Foye

Post#987 » by Foye » Sun May 7, 2017 4:45 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Will No_20 make his trolling comeback in a few minutes?

Will he keep hiding?

In his parallel universe HSV is still in the Champions League race.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#988 » by Baphomet » Sun May 7, 2017 4:47 pm

Will he keep hiding?

He literally logged in for the first time in weeks after Spurs lost to West Ham just to mouth off about Bilic :lol:
Andi Obst
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: 2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#989 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 7, 2017 4:55 pm

Baphomet wrote:

Will he keep hiding?

He literally logged in for the first time in weeks after Spurs lost to West Ham just to mouth off about Bilic :lol:

I saw that

Easy to tell he had his troll post lined up today.

Foye

Post#990 » by Foye » Sun May 7, 2017 7:28 pm

Would be incredibly funny if Watzke got rid of the best coaching option Dortmund has :roll:
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#991 » by No_20 » Tue May 9, 2017 12:11 pm

Remember when I told you guys that Tuchel would be leaving Dortmund this summer? And Foye completely denied it.

They should obviously go after Nagelsmann. If I were him I would do it now as well. Chances are that he will struggle next season with European football and 3 games in a week which is something Hoffenheim got no experience with. Also think he will have it easier at BvB than at Bayern where you have bigger egos who maybe wont have the same respect for such a young manager.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,964

Post#992 » by cgf » Tue May 9, 2017 3:43 pm

No_20 wrote:Remember when I told you guys that Tuchel would be leaving Dortmund this summer? And Foye completely denied it.

They should obviously go after Nagelsmann. If I were him I would do it now as well. Chances are that he will struggle next season with European football and 3 games in a week which is something Hoffenheim got no experience with. Also think he will have it easier at BvB than at Bayern where you have bigger egos who maybe wont have the same respect for such a young manager.

Nope. But I do remember when you said HSV would play in europe next season, how's that workin out for ya?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#993 » by Det the Threat » Tue May 9, 2017 6:36 pm

Gladbach signs french under 18 international Mickael Cuisance to a five year deal.

Also, today's a day to celebrate.
Gladbach legend and all time top goal scorer Jupp Heynckes celebrates his 72nd birthday today. :clap:
Foye

Post#994 » by Foye » Tue May 9, 2017 6:40 pm

cgf wrote:
No_20 wrote:Remember when I told you guys that Tuchel would be leaving Dortmund this summer? And Foye completely denied it.

Nope. But I do remember when you said HSV would play in europe next season, how's that workin out for ya?

Watzke is an idiot if he lets go of Tuchel.
Watzke basically sold three of the top five players prior to the season and Tuchel can still win the Cup. Would be an incredible achievement given the fact he basically had to start from zero after a great last season.
Foye

Post#995 » by Foye » Tue May 9, 2017 8:37 pm

Javi Martinez is officially Mr. Glasknochen now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
No_20
Veteran

Post#996 » by No_20 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 am

Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:

Watzke basically sold three of the top five players prior to the season and Tuchel can still win the Cup. Would be an incredible achievement given the fact he basically had to start from zero after a great last season.

It's not really just Watzke. Apparently many senior players are threatening to leave if Tuchel stays.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/3643/exklusiv/2017/05/10/35380212/borussia-dortmund-ungekl%C3%A4rte-zukunft-von-thomas-tuchel

Zufällig dürfte das Interview von Watzke nämlich nicht zu diesem Zeitpunkt in dieser Schärfe gegeben worden sein. Wer sich ein wenig im Profisport auskennt, weiß, dass solche Interviews immer durch eine Autorisierungsphase gehen. Hier wurde also bewusst etwas lanciert. Scheinbar aus einem guten Grund. Wie Goal erfuhr, sollen sich mehrere Führungsspieler heftig über den Trainer, dessen Team und die Umgangsgepflogenheiten aller beschwert haben. Sie sollen sogar damit gedroht haben, den Verein im Sommer verlassen zu wollen, sollte sich die Lage nicht ändern und Tuchel weiterhin bleiben.

Denn intern sind die Tischtücher längst zerschnitten. Tuchel hat seinen Spielern mehrmals die Qualität abgesprochen. Etwa nach der Niederlage in der Hinrunde bei Eintracht Frankfurt oder zu Beginn des Jahres in Darmstadt. "Die Leistung war ein einziges Defizit", sagte Tuchel damals zum Beispiel und befand, dass die Mannschaft es einfach nicht besser könnte in manchen Spielen. Darauf sollen die Spieler mehr als irritiert reagiert haben - genauso wie die Vereinsführung, die in diesen Kader immerhin über einhundert Millionen Euro im Sommer investiert hatte. Und an dem Tuchel selbst mitgebastelt hatte. Er war zum Beispiel der Einzige, der von Andre Schürrle als Neuzugang ohne Wenn und Aber überzeugt war, und hatte ihn gegen Widerstände durchgesetzt. Und plötzlich reicht der Kader nicht für Größeres?

Die Gräben zwischen Tuchel und seinem Trainerteam auf der einen Seite und der Mannschaft und den Verantwortlichen auf der anderen sind tief, gegenseitiges Vertrauen fast nicht vorhanden. Die Kommunikation scheint eine Katastrophe. Eine Weiterbeschäftigung des fachlich unbestritten guten Fußballlehrers scheint ausgeschlossen. Zumal wichtige Spieler ihre Zukunft beim BVB auch von der Zukunft Tuchels abhängig machen wollen.

So yeah it seems like he has totally lost the dressing room even though the results arent that bad.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye

Post#997 » by Foye » Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 pm

No_20 wrote:
Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:Nope. But I do remember when you said HSV would play in europe next season, how's that workin out for ya?

It's not really just Watzke. Apparently many senior players are threatening to leave if Tuchel stays.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/3643/exklusiv/2017/05/10/35380212/borussia-dortmund-ungekl%C3%A4rte-zukunft-von-thomas-tuchel

Zufällig dürfte das Interview von Watzke nämlich nicht zu diesem Zeitpunkt in dieser Schärfe gegeben worden sein. Wer sich ein wenig im Profisport auskennt, weiß, dass solche Interviews immer durch eine Autorisierungsphase gehen. Hier wurde also bewusst etwas lanciert. Scheinbar aus einem guten Grund. Wie Goal erfuhr, sollen sich mehrere Führungsspieler heftig über den Trainer, dessen Team und die Umgangsgepflogenheiten aller beschwert haben. Sie sollen sogar damit gedroht haben, den Verein im Sommer verlassen zu wollen, sollte sich die Lage nicht ändern und Tuchel weiterhin bleiben.

Denn intern sind die Tischtücher längst zerschnitten. Tuchel hat seinen Spielern mehrmals die Qualität abgesprochen. Etwa nach der Niederlage in der Hinrunde bei Eintracht Frankfurt oder zu Beginn des Jahres in Darmstadt. "Die Leistung war ein einziges Defizit", sagte Tuchel damals zum Beispiel und befand, dass die Mannschaft es einfach nicht besser könnte in manchen Spielen. Darauf sollen die Spieler mehr als irritiert reagiert haben - genauso wie die Vereinsführung, die in diesen Kader immerhin über einhundert Millionen Euro im Sommer investiert hatte. Und an dem Tuchel selbst mitgebastelt hatte. Er war zum Beispiel der Einzige, der von Andre Schürrle als Neuzugang ohne Wenn und Aber überzeugt war, und hatte ihn gegen Widerstände durchgesetzt. Und plötzlich reicht der Kader nicht für Größeres?

Die Gräben zwischen Tuchel und seinem Trainerteam auf der einen Seite und der Mannschaft und den Verantwortlichen auf der anderen sind tief, gegenseitiges Vertrauen fast nicht vorhanden. Die Kommunikation scheint eine Katastrophe. Eine Weiterbeschäftigung des fachlich unbestritten guten Fußballlehrers scheint ausgeschlossen. Zumal wichtige Spieler ihre Zukunft beim BVB auch von der Zukunft Tuchels abhängig machen wollen.

So yeah it seems like he has totally lost the dressing room even though the results arent that bad.

Reads like BVB multimillionaires are fragile minds immune to criticism. They had every right to be criticized after some terrible efforts they have performed earlier season.

Not sure what is wrong about this. If you play like horsesh/t its right to call them out. Maybe he shouldnt have done so in public but he probably wanted to wake them up.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#998 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm

It would be the best choice, for both sides. But Nagelsmann's contract expires still next year and i don't think that Hoffenheim will release their coach. Prior to this, they have to secure a replacement for him.
The best end for Dortmund would be a win against Frankfurt in Berlin, so they can round down the season 16/17 successfully. Also some certain people can finally get their first trophy.

Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:

But besides to Watzke there are also members of the team who also have their problems with Tuchel. If there would only a anlge between Watzke and Tuchel, i would ignore that and consider this as a sideshow. However, there are certain players involved. Moreover, he had also arguments with their scout several times.
Concerning Watze, he had to sell these three players. All of them wanted a new challenge and when clubs lure with more money, even Dortmund can't argue, so they came to that decisions.
No_20
Veteran

Post#999 » by No_20 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Foye wrote:
No_20 wrote:
Foye wrote:

Reads like BVB multimillionaires are fragile minds immune to criticism. They had every right to be criticized after some terrible efforts they have performed earlier season.

Not sure what is wrong about this. If you play like horsesh/t its right to call them out. Maybe he shouldnt have done so in public but he probably wanted to wake them up.

They're very young so it's not surprising that some of them are fragile. Why do you have to abuse Emre Mor who's 19 years old and who just came from the Danish league?

Also let's not make his record better than it is. He completely bottled the tie against Liverpool last season. Yeah did lose players last summer but they did also spend a lot and still they're only competing for a direct CL place. Despite the fact that Bayern are quite average this season and clubs like Leverkusen, Schalke and M'Gladbach are having really bad seasons. His tactics in the first half of the first leg against Monaco was shockingly wrong.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,964

Post#1000 » by cgf » Wed May 10, 2017 5:23 pm

I am shocked, shocked, to find that Mor is a whiny little b**** and that watzke's buddy wrote an article full of anonymous quotes that Watzke fed him.

Watzke is quickly turning BVB into Schalke
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Soccer Board