Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Transfer Thread 12- Summer 2019 Window 

Post#321 » by HIF » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:57 am

gh123 wrote:
HIF wrote:
gh123 wrote:Lol, ManU forums are very sad places to read, I can kind of feel their pain, seriously how tf did anyone think it's a good idea to pay 90 effing mil for Maguire, like how ? Who is running their FO? What's going on there? Are they criminals? Are they legalizing money or doing what? Jesus *ing Christ!!

It's a lot of money but he's instantly their best CB. I think you underestimate how poor Manure have become defensively.

Maguire is also great in the opposition's box - he gets his head to more balls than anyone else.

90 mil though, they could buy literally any other CB for that money.

Who?

They don't have the pulling power this season that they have had for decades. De Ligt didn't want to join them and even Dybala is saying he wants a ridiculous weekly salary to go to Manchester.

Tell me who you think they could have bought?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#322 » by gh123 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:47 am

HIF wrote:
gh123 wrote:
HIF wrote:
It's a lot of money but he's instantly their best CB. I think you underestimate how poor Manure have become defensively.

Maguire is also great in the opposition's box - he gets his head to more balls than anyone else.

Who?

They don't have the pulling power this season that they have had for decades. De Ligt didn't want to join them and even Dybala is saying he wants a ridiculous weekly salary to go to Manchester.

I barely watched EPL last season, but Rugani isn't worse than Maguire I assume (people say I overrate him though) and he's available for 40 euro. Bonucci would pack his bags now if you offered him current Maguire's salary and Paraticci would drive him to the airport for 50 mil.
HIF
RealGM

Post#323 » by HIF » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:17 pm

gh123 wrote:
HIF wrote:
gh123 wrote:

Who?

I barely watched EPL last season, but Rugani isn't worse than Maguire I assume (people say I overrate him though) and he's available for 40 euro. Bonucci would pack his bags now if you offered him current Maguire's salary and Paraticci would drive him to the airport for 50 mil.

I thought that they wanted £50m+ for Rugani and everything I read doesn't rate him anything like Maguire. Bonucci is what? 32? And you're talking about guys who have never played in the Prem and will need time to adjust. Try again.

gh123
Sixth Man

Post#324 » by gh123 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:08 pm

HIF wrote:
gh123 wrote:
HIF wrote:
Who?

I thought that they wanted £50m+ for Rugani and everything I read doesn't rate him anything like Maguire. Bonucci is what? 32? And you're talking about guys who have never played in the Prem and will need time to adjust. Try again.

Don't know about Rugani, I read different reports, but I think the price is 40 euro now. Sure, if you don't want Bonucci, there are plenty of other good CBs for half of what ManU paid.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#325 » by gh123 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:06 am

So Rugani is out to Arsenal on a year long deal with an option to buy him for 40 GBP I think. Spurs agreed to buy Dybala, but he doesn't want to go. Of course it's more fun to sit in the bench in Juve, collecting his fat paycheck while being passive aggressive about lack of playing time.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,645

Post#326 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 7, 2019 8:09 pm

Lukaku to Inter for 70m close
Lo Celso to Spurs for 55m close, Sessegnon looks like it could be a goer as well
Danilo for Cancelo done
Arsenal signing David Luiz and Tierney
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,645

Post#327 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:04 pm

Not a bad window for Spurs. Ndombele, Clarke, Lo Celso and Sessegnon in. Trippier out. Fell short in the Dybala negotiations, but haven't sold Eriksen yet. I still think he'll leave, probably to one of the Spanish big boys, but we've strengthened our midfield depth even if he does.
HIF
RealGM

Post#328 » by HIF » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:36 am

Baphomet wrote:Not a bad window for Spurs. Ndombele, Clarke, Lo Celso and Sessegnon in. Trippier out. Fell short in the Dybala negotiations, but haven't sold Eriksen yet. I still think he'll leave, probably to one of the Spanish big boys, but we've strengthened our midfield depth even if he does.

I think your window was the best in the prem and will move you up to 2nd.

Arse saved themselves from dropping out of the top 6 on deadline day.

Everton possibly had the second best transfer period with wolvesand West ham also doing well.

Manchester still have problems, Chelsea let more go than I thought but have a wealth of good youngsters.

Liverpool didn't seem to do enough.

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#329 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 am

After confirming the loan of Couthino to Bayern, who is now the potential replacements in the Neymar-Deal to Barca? Vidal? Rakitic? etc.
Or are Real now the frontrunners?
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,332

Post#330 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:After confirming the loan of Couthino to Bayern, who is now the potential replacements in the Neymar-Deal to Barca? Vidal? Rakitic? etc.
Or are Real now the frontrunners?

I think Barca's plan is to get him via loan and a purchase option next summer. Not sure how that's going to work out for them, or what incentive PSG has to accept it vs taking Real's package/cash
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#331 » by gh123 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Where are the De Ligt's fans? The dude was absolutely atrocious again, nth game in a row, 0 awareness, 0 positioning, it's like he doesn't even know what's going on the whole match. Jesus Christ, I know he's super young, but even Rugani was miles better at his age and people consider him bad. He better become 500% better right now, coz otherwise he won't see any playing time at all. Demiral is peak Canavarro compare to him.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,472

Post#332 » by Foye » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:07 am

gh123 wrote:Where are the De Ligt's fans? The dude was absolutely atrocious again, nth game in a row, 0 awareness, 0 positioning, it's like he doesn't even know what's going on the whole match. Jesus Christ, I know he's super young, but even Rugani was miles better at his age and people consider him bad. He better become 500% better right now, coz otherwise he won't see any playing time at all. Demiral is peak Canavarro compare to him.

Jesus Christ, he is 20 and has a 75 mil. burden on his shoulders. At least give him a season to figure things out before labeling him a bust. Does he even speak Italian?

We can swap him and Alexander Hack then you will see what a truely dreadful defender is made of.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#333 » by gh123 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:57 am

Foye wrote:
gh123 wrote:Where are the De Ligt's fans? The dude was absolutely atrocious again, nth game in a row, 0 awareness, 0 positioning, it's like he doesn't even know what's going on the whole match. Jesus Christ, I know he's super young, but even Rugani was miles better at his age and people consider him bad. He better become 500% better right now, coz otherwise he won't see any playing time at all. Demiral is peak Canavarro compare to him.

Jesus Christ, he is 20 and has a 75 mil. burden on his shoulders. At least give him a season to figure things out before labeling him a bust. Does he even speak Italian?

We can swap him and Alexander Hack then you will see what a truely dreadful defender is made of.

My point is that if he's promissing he should have showed some promise at least a little bit, but he was downright dreadful since the first pre-season match. The problem is that he was our only big transfer this summer and so far it's 75 mil + huge contract down the drain.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,170

Post#334 » by magik9113 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 3:02 pm

Lol it’s a new league, system, language, and many other things for de ligt. Young players are always eased in in Italy. I know Allegri is no longer the coach but even dybala sat for a month before becoming a regular at juve. De Ligt was not going to play if Chiellini didn’t get injured the day before the match. Give De Ligt some time
ZoLo
Senior
And1: 305

Post#335 » by ZoLo » Sun Sep 1, 2019 3:38 pm

Rebic on his way to Milan. Should be official tomorrow.

Return to The General Soccer Board