UEFA European Championship 2020 Qualifying

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,659

UEFA European Championship 2020 Qualifying 

Post#1 » by Baphomet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm

No big surprises so far, although Ukraine getting a point against Portugal was pretty good for them. England with a thorough 5-0 victory over Czech Republic, France winning comfortably in Moldova.

Just watched a 1-0 classic between Ireland and Gibraltar.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,479

Re: UEFA European Championship 2020 Qualifying 

Post#2 » by Foye » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:37 am

Out team looked fun to watch again.

Also good that Löw didnt start that bum Timo Werner today.

Gnabry and Sane are better players. Werner whenever he gets possession puts his head down towards the ball and completely loses sight of the teammates
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,592

Post#3 » by AK47MVP » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Watching Swiss-Denmark now. Danes got screwed by obvious handball and no VAR on first goal??? WTF?
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,174

Post#4 » by magik9113 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 pm

There is no VAR for the qualifiers. Soooo stupid
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#5 » by AK47MVP » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:42 pm

magik9113 wrote:There is no VAR for the qualifiers. Soooo stupid

WHAT? How is this making any sense? So we use VAR for final stages but we let teams get screwed by blind refs in qualifiers? WTF UEFA?
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#6 » by AK47MVP » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Amazing comeback by Denmark. Down 0-3 with 6 minutes left they manage to tie 3-3 and had couple more great chances to score. With first Swiss goal being an obvious mistake and Denmark dominating second half it would have been very unfair to lose that game.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Baphomet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm

AK47MVP wrote:Amazing comeback by Denmark. Down 0-3 with 6 minutes left they manage to tie 3-3 and had couple more great chances to score. With first Swiss goal being an obvious mistake and Denmark dominating second half it would have been very unfair to lose that game.

Yeah that was crazy, best game of the qualifiers so far
AK47MVP
Starter

Post#8 » by AK47MVP » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Baphomet wrote:
AK47MVP wrote:Amazing comeback by Denmark. Down 0-3 with 6 minutes left they manage to tie 3-3 and had couple more great chances to score. With first Swiss goal being an obvious mistake and Denmark dominating second half it would have been very unfair to lose that game.

Yeah that was crazy, best game of the qualifiers so far

I need to watch Sweden Norway 3-3 game as well. Read it was a crazy action until the end as well.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#9 » by The_Brecht » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 pm

England losing...
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#10 » by HIF » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Euro qualifiers and WC qualifiers are boring and a waste of time and simply disrupt leagues.

My suggestion would be all knockout teams automatically qualify for the following championships (at least the European ones) and the rest of the teams play to take any remaining spots.

England are an average team who hardly ever lose a qualifier - so what is the point?

It was great for England to lose yesterday as Gareth's selection has become a joke and England were believing their own hype. I remember how Southgate was going to pick players on form, how he wasn't going to select players simply because the are from a big club but yesterday finally showed what a load of rubbish those statements are despite him watching several games a week in the prem.

Some of those players haven't been in form all year, others have been slected despite playing only a handful of games in the prem.

Rose? Keane? Rashford?

A boring midfield that has lacked inspiration for many games. Dour midfield players like Henderson, Dier, Barkley, Rice.

Even Kane isn't on form other than from the spot whilst Abraham is on fire.

Surely we'll never see Lingaard, Keane, Dier and Rose in an England shirt ever again. And hopefully several of the others can be dropped until they re-find their form.

Oh no that won't happen because Gareth Southgate is terrible.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Baphomet » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:03 pm

HIF wrote:It was great for England to lose yesterday as Gareth's selection has become a joke and England were believing their own hype. I remember how Southgate was going to pick players on form, how he wasn't going to select players simply because the are from a big club but yesterday finally showed what a load of rubbish those statements are despite him watching several games a week in the prem.

Some of those players haven't been in form all year, others have been slected despite playing only a handful of games in the prem.

Rose? Keane? Rashford?

A boring midfield that has lacked inspiration for many games. Dour midfield players like Henderson, Dier, Barkley, Rice.

Even Kane isn't on form other than from the spot whilst Abraham is on fire.

Surely we'll never see Lingaard, Keane, Dier and Rose in an England shirt ever again. And hopefully several of the others can be dropped until they re-find their form.

Oh no that won't happen because Gareth Southgate is terrible.

The football was rubbish. No composure on the ball, and just rushed it forward every time somebody got on it. Really poor. Keane, Rice and Rose stood out to me as the worst players on the pitch.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,164

Post#12 » by Hellcrooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:13 am

Its me or this qualifiers have become a complete boredome just based on the crapy non straight to grasp system due to that stupid " so called" competition that was held last year? i dont even remeber how the seals fetus was called.
HIF
RealGM

Post#13 » by HIF » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:44 am

7-0 Montenegro.

Again I ask what is the point of these qualifying competitions for the "elite" nations.

If you make the last 16 in the previous finals then automatic qualification and let the other team battle out the remaining places. Games are boring, interrupt the league play, risk potential injury and increase the number of games players have in a season.

It's even worse when you know that England will saunter through qualification and then lose to any decent team they meet in the finals. Harry Kane must be the king of scoring against **** teams and then doing nothing against decent teams.

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,157

Post#14 » by UcanUwill » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Portugal 6-0 Lithuania, I was like, ok, I will watch it till its 0-0, it took them like 4 minutes to concede, well, at least we still have Basketball and strongmen competition... :nonono:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Baphomet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:44 pm

HIF wrote:It's even worse when you know that England will saunter through qualification and then lose to any decent team they meet in the finals. Harry Kane must be the king of scoring against **** teams and then doing nothing against decent teams..

I thought Kane's record against good teams was pretty good? It is for Spurs anyway, don't know about England.

You're right though, we'll **** the bed again at the Euros.
HIF
RealGM

Post#16 » by HIF » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:39 am

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:It's even worse when you know that England will saunter through qualification and then lose to any decent team they meet in the finals. Harry Kane must be the king of scoring against **** teams and then doing nothing against decent teams..

I thought Kane's record against good teams was pretty good? It is for Spurs anyway, don't know about England.

You're right though, we'll **** the bed again at the Euros.

Hey I shouldn't sound so hard on Harry. at least he scores and he always has opportunities in him. He is one of the best strikers that England have EVER had.

I think of the top teams he's scored against Croatia, France and Germany.

Where he is class though is against the rubbish of the world with doubles or hat-tricks against
Montenegro
Bulgaria
Panama
Tunisia
Malta

He excels in putting the garbage away. That is a rare skill.

HIF
RealGM

Post#17 » by HIF » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am

Just looked up strikers scoring against the big 6.

Did you know that Messi has scored more against the big 6 than Kane despite never playing in the prem?

Aguero
Vardy
Hazard
Messi
Kane

AK47MVP
Starter

Post#18 » by AK47MVP » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Looking forward to Ireland - Denmark game on Monday. Can Irish avenge 5-1 trashing from 2 years ago? They have new manager and seem to be playing a bit less ugly style then before so it will be interesting to see if they can finally advance to major tournament.
HIF
RealGM

Post#19 » by HIF » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:03 am

AK47MVP wrote:Looking forward to Ireland - Denmark game on Monday. Can Irish avenge 5-1 trashing from 2 years ago? They have new manager and seem to be playing a bit less ugly style then before so it will be interesting to see if they can finally advance to major tournament.

Do they have anyone who can put the ball past Kasper?

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Baphomet » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm

AK47MVP wrote:Looking forward to Ireland - Denmark game on Monday. Can Irish avenge 5-1 trashing from 2 years ago? They have new manager and seem to be playing a bit less ugly style then before so it will be interesting to see if they can finally advance to major tournament.

Mick McCarthy teams are usually a bit better organised. I thought they were quite good today, did a decent job of slowing Denmark's gameplan. The 1-1 result wasn't exactly revenge, mind you.

Return to The General Soccer Board