Transfer Thread 2021/22

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,482

Re: Transfer Thread 2021/22 

Post#41 » by Foye » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:24 am

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:I'm convinced that Spurs will be a much better team if they can offload Kane. But why would anyone want to pay £100m for such a plodder?

Probably because he's scored 237 goals in his club career, and just lead the Premier League in both goals and assists despite being injured for a chunk of the season. We will in no shape or form be a better team without him unless we buy well, which won't happen, we can't even get a manager in. He has looked crap for England but everyone does.

I agree. While it's theoretically possible to become better when your star player leaves (more different threats, less predictable), Tottenham roster looks like they will get signifcantely worse if Kane leaves.
Bale is gone, too. Who is going to score the goals except Son?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,659

Post#42 » by Baphomet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:43 pm

Foye wrote:
Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:I'm convinced that Spurs will be a much better team if they can offload Kane. But why would anyone want to pay £100m for such a plodder?

Probably because he's scored 237 goals in his club career, and just lead the Premier League in both goals and assists despite being injured for a chunk of the season. We will in no shape or form be a better team without him unless we buy well, which won't happen, we can't even get a manager in. He has looked crap for England but everyone does.

I agree. While it's theoretically possible to become better when your star player leaves (more different threats, less predictable), Tottenham roster looks like they will get signifcantely worse if Kane leaves.

According to Romano and other reliable sources, City have made their first official offer of £100m, with the possibility of players being exchanged too. I would be tempted by £100m+ and Laporte, tbh. Gives us an excellent, albeit injury prone player in a position of dire need and money to upgrade other positions.

We'll see how this pans out.
okboomer
Pro Prospect
And1: 754

Post#43 » by okboomer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:27 pm

It City get Kane, I can see Chelsea paying up for Haaland. Going to be a two team league soon...
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#44 » by HIF » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Foye wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

They can use the money from Kane to get players who fit their team. Baph won't agree with me and I understand that but to me Kane is on the downside of his career. He just doesn't have the pace and stamina that is needed for a top team in the present era. The game at the top end is a pressing game and he can't do that and unless he drops into midfield as the no.10 I don't see him making any top team better. He's a natural goalscorer and he can pass well but he's not in position to score as striker unless it's a set piece. Talk of 150m can get a couple of really good players for Spurs.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#45 » by HIF » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:16 pm

Baphomet wrote:
Foye wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

According to Romano and other reliable sources, City have made their first official offer of £100m, with the possibility of players being exchanged too. I would be tempted by £100m+ and Laporte, tbh. Gives us an excellent, albeit injury prone player in a position of dire need and money to upgrade other positions.

We'll see how this pans out.

If they are stupid enough to offer that you should snap their arm off. Laporte is no more injury prone than Kane and you have more need of a decent CB than you do of any attacker.

HIF
RealGM

Post#46 » by HIF » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:20 pm

okboomer wrote:It City get Kane, I can see Chelsea paying up for Haaland. Going to be a two team league soon...

It was a 1 team league this season. Manchester City and Chelsea both need strikers (being as Chelsea refuse to play Abraham nor Giroud). Liverpool should be challenging next season again, Manchester United have the money to challenge too.

it's a big 4 league now.

okboomer
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by okboomer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:32 pm

HIF wrote:
okboomer wrote:It City get Kane, I can see Chelsea paying up for Haaland. Going to be a two team league soon...

It was a 1 team league this season. Manchester City and Chelsea both need strikers (being as Chelsea refuse to play Abraham nor Giroud). Liverpool should be challenging next season again, Manchester United have the money to challenge too.

it's a big 4 league now.

This was a weird year due to Covid imo. I think Liverpool could potentially be a challenger as long as Klopp is there (probably a few more years). I dont think United will ever challenge with Ole. This coming season I can see it as Chelsea, City, and Liverpool potentially winning it, but after that with Liverpool's aging core, unless they bring in a bunch of newer players I see it as more difficult (Klopp being the xfactor here). I do think this will be one of the more interesting summers with transfers though.
Foye

Post#48 » by Foye » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Agreed. As long as Ole is head coach at United they will at max. be pretenders even if they had the best roster in the league (which they have not).
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#49 » by The_Brecht » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:44 pm

C'mon guys, Arsenal is going to be Premier League champions next season.

Spoiler:
A man can dream.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Foye

Post#50 » by Foye » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:21 pm

The_Brecht wrote:C'mon guys, Arsenal is going to be Premier League champions next season.

Spoiler:
A man can dream.

Something tells me Arsenal drought will be longer than Liverpool 30 years. Already more than half way
HIF
RealGM

Post#51 » by HIF » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:48 am

The_Brecht wrote:C'mon guys, Arsenal is going to be Premier League champions next season.

Spoiler:
A man can dream.

At least they're getting rid of Xhaka.

HIF
RealGM

Post#52 » by HIF » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am

Patson Daka Salzburg to Leicester done.

So German fans tell me he's the next world superstar.

Foye

Post#53 » by Foye » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 am

HIF wrote:Patson Daka Salzburg to Leicester done.

Not following Austrian league...
okboomer
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by okboomer » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:50 pm

From what I have seen of him, he will do very well. Leicester's transfers these past few years have been pretty spot on.
HIF
RealGM

Post#55 » by HIF » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 am

okboomer wrote:

From what I have seen of him, he will do very well. Leicester's transfers these past few years have been pretty spot on.

We've done alright but we also make mistakes.

Perez, Slimani, Musa were all big money purchases that haven't worked out.

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#56 » by Sharcm1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Real Madrid look like idiots after the Hakimi deal. Smh.
okboomer
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by okboomer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:47 pm

HIF wrote:
okboomer wrote:

We've done alright but we also make mistakes.

Perez, Slimani, Musa were all big money purchases that haven't worked out.

That is fair, but the past few seasons in particular with Castagne, Fofana, Tielsman, Ricardo, Maddison, and Soyuncu. They continue to make such key signings I expect them to be able stay in the top 5. Especially with Spurs and Arsenals issues that dont seem that will be fixed anytime soon.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#58 » by The_Brecht » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Ben White to Arsenal.
I like it.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 930

Post#59 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:13 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Ben White to Arsenal.
I like it.

We'll see if this actually happens or if we lowball the offer or someone else swoops in with more money.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#60 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jul 1, 2021 9:13 am

On the first official day of the transfer window, I thought it would be nice to revisit some of these predictions:

ecuhus1981 wrote:What the heck, let me lay down some top predictions for the summer transfer window:

1) Haaland to Chelsea for 120mil euros + Abraham

2) Kane to Manchester City for 100mil euros + Jesus

3) Depay to Juventus on a free transfer

4) Sancho to Manchester United for 90mil euros

5) Lukaku to Real for 75mil euros + Jovic

6) Andre Silva to Liverpool for 50mil euros

7) Calhanoglu to Barcelona on a free transfer

8) Dybala to Atlético for Morata

9) Brozovic to Atlético for 25mil euros

10) James Rodriguez to Roma for 15mil euros

I see Hazard, Pogba, Salah and other big names staying put. Tell me where I'm wrong!

1) nothing yet, I still think this is a plausible outcome. I love Dortmund, we all know that they tend to bluff on player valuations, relative to eventual transfer fees. Maybe they dig in their heels on Erling, they certainly don't NEED to sell him. I just think he'll go for less, still a giant number but not the 200mil they've quoted.

2) nothing final here either, and no substitute signing that would preclude it

3) I was wrong, he DID go to Barcelona as many predicted. I knew it was likely, I was just looking at roster and wage balancing. The key development is that Barça have let Messi become a true free agent, since they don't have the funds to re-sign him yet at the number he seeks. They will sell a few more players (ahem, *Griezmann*) to make it happen.

4) Done, and actually for even less than I predicted.

5) not a ton of smoke here, Real may not address their strike position after all.

6) RB Leipzig pipped some bigger clubs here, good for them. They know a sound investment when they see one.

7) oooooh, he switched sides to the crosstown rivals on a free? That stings.

8) Morata extended his loan at the Old Lady, which might pave the way for this permanent transfer. Or not. Who knows.

9) I would love this, but it sounds like our big acquisition in the midfield will be for De Paul. Meh, he's very good but not the destroyer nor the box to box type that I think fits us best.

10) nothing final, it sounds like AC Milan will land him
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to The General Soccer Board