Official Liverpool FC Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#1 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 4, 2021 4:35 am

Keep Liverpool-focused discussion here. This is a continuation of the previous thread, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=266&t=1153066

You guys know the drill. You'll never walk alone, 6 times, those bloody Mancs, etc.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 5, 2021 12:16 am

Let's go!

Please sign someone soon!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#3 » by aggerrard » Fri Aug 6, 2021 3:33 pm

Don't see us back at 19/20 level and deffo not 18/19. We might be able to compete for a top-2. But i can honestly see us fail big time aswell. I fear this season. We so **** desperately needs new blood in the squad. Last season we had Mané and Firmino play time after time despite worser performances every time. With Jota out, we had no backup. Shaq, Origi... lol. Get some depth my gosh. In the midfield. Fabinho is absolute top-tier world class. Thiago decent down the stretch. Henderson is a question mark, getting older and injured alot recently. Keita haven't showed it yet, and gets injured every second game. Milner, Ox, Jones, Elliott. Don't believe either can make a difference. So yea, we need a quality player there. Saul would be perfect imo.

I'm happy with the defense. But then again, we don't know how Virgil, Matip and Gomez performes after all being injured for most of last season. And how good is Konate? We don't know yet.

I see many and big question marks with this team. Go and get a freaking attacking player and a midfielder, now!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#4 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 3:41 pm

We resigned Allison and Fabinho to a new deal, which is nice....but we gotta do more than that. League starts in about 8 days, and I'm frankly disappointed with the complete lack of movement this offseason. CL champs...Super cup Champs, Prem Champs, all in the last couple years, and we pull it off to get back in the CL this last season.....and we got nothin in the bank???? Guys.....
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 6, 2021 3:59 pm

Well said. Not much more that I can add. It's been a very disappointing Summer window so far. I guess it's fair to say that the pandemic has had a lasting effect ($). It's also frustrating to see other clubs make moves (City, Chelsea) and for us to pretty much stick with the status quo. Not very encouraging to say the least.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:28 am

aggerrard wrote:getting older and injured alot recently.

I see many and big question marks with this team. Go and get a freaking attacking player and a midfielder, now!

Robbo is in a walking boot & will likely be out a while. Unreal. I guess we made a deal with the devil. :(

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#7 » by HIF » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
aggerrard wrote:getting older and injured alot recently.

Robbo is in a walking boot & will likely be out a while. Unreal. I guess we made a deal with the devil. :(

Read on Twitter

I heard it's weeks rather than months.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:23 am

3 days till the prem starts. One has to assume this is the team we're going to battle with. Teams that were already better than us spent $$$ and improved. So it's a little hard to get enthusiastic about our prem hopes.

We'll see...."punchers chance" and all that jazz
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#9 » by aggerrard » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:36 pm

Really frustrating off-season.

I don't get how we just doesn't have the money to spend something. Meanwhile smaller clubs with a bigger loss from the pandemic can spend twice or 3-4 times what we can. We were in a fantastic position - IF the owners would renew the squad. One or two new players every season. But no. I really see us in a deep hole in two-three seasons time when we have to renew half the squad at once.
HIF
RealGM

Post#10 » by HIF » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:46 am

aggerrard wrote:Really frustrating off-season.

I don't get how we just doesn't have the money to spend something. Meanwhile smaller clubs with a bigger loss from the pandemic can spend twice or 3-4 times what we can. We were in a fantastic position - IF the owners would renew the squad. One or two new players every season. But no. I really see us in a deep hole in two-three seasons time when we have to renew half the squad at once.

I'm shocked at the inactivity of Liverpool FC. After last season they must expect a few injuries during the season.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:17 pm

I was working on my patio yesterday, so I only caught the last 15 minutes or so. Watched some highlights...but that's only so good.

Looked decent. Loved the clean-sheet. Always my fave. Some good goalie work in the 85-86th minute (thereabouts).

I know Norwich is hardly a world-beater...but 3-0 on the road is a good showing. Wish I coulda seen the whole thing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Shaqiri has left to join Lyon.

Really befuddled by the lack of signings. I guess we plan on rolling the dice with what we have.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Shaqiri has left to join Lyon.

Really befuddled by the lack of signings. I guess we plan on rolling the dice with what we have.

Agree.

We resigned Andy Robertson to a new deal. I like that we have resigned several of our 'core' ....but some new guys would be nice too.
HIF
RealGM

Post#14 » by HIF » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Shaqiri has left to join Lyon.

Agree.

We resigned Andy Robertson to a new deal. I like that we have resigned several of our 'core' ....but some new guys would be nice too.

You've done a good job re-signing players but their salary is getting very high which means if they don't perform you are stuck with them because no-one can pay them - like Couthino now or Bale and Ramsay etc...

I think you've dropped away from Man city and Chelsea, even to a lower tier alongside Man U. You need to get through the season without significant injuries, which is unlikely given your schedule, or your top 4 place could be under threat from the likes of West Ham and Spurs.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:56 am

HIF wrote:You've done a good job re-signing players but their salary is getting very high which means if they don't perform you are stuck with them because no-one can pay them - like Couthino now or Bale and Ramsay etc...

I think you've dropped away from Man city and Chelsea, even to a lower tier alongside Man U. You need to get through the season without significant injuries, which is unlikely given your schedule, or your top 4 place could be under threat from the likes of West Ham and Spurs.

West Ham? I'm not up to date on all things Premier League. Have they surpassed Leicester now? :wink:
HIF
RealGM

Post#16 » by HIF » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
HIF wrote:You've done a good job re-signing players but their salary is getting very high which means if they don't perform you are stuck with them because no-one can pay them - like Couthino now or Bale and Ramsay etc...

West Ham? I'm not up to date on all things Premier League. Have they surpassed Leicester now? :wink:

Certainly have this week :wink: . They did finish 6th last season.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Sounds like we're kicking the tires on some mid-fielder. If he's quality.....we could certainly use him. Would rather not bother with someone "decent" though.

Bissouma is his name. I don't know anything about him.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Big match tmrw. Sounds stupid.....but I think this is our season. A home game early in season, with full roster, against one of the big boys. Gotta win these. Gotta win these.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Well, Bissouma is apparently a pretty good defender, and has a motor that won't quit (from what I read). I guess he's 24 and one of those "rising stars" players.

Well we need some youth, and we need some midfield. I guess I'm down with it. Let's hope it happens.
HIF
RealGM

Post#20 » by HIF » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:25 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Sounds like we're kicking the tires on some mid-fielder. If he's quality.....we could certainly use him. Would rather not bother with someone "decent" though.

Bissouma is his name. I don't know anything about him.

He's a good player. Very good defensively in midfield.

Return to The General Soccer Board