Official Liverpool FC Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,659

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#21 » by Baphomet » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:13 pm

I'll echo what HIF said. Bissouma is very good and I'm surprised that Arsenal didn't sign him. He's an outstanding ball carrier and tackler, has great positional awareness and is easily the bright spot in that Brighton team, would be a superb tactical fit under Klopp.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,648

Post#22 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:22 am

Baphomet wrote:I'll echo what HIF said. Bissouma is very good and I'm surprised that Arsenal didn't sign him. He's an outstanding ball carrier and tackler, has great positional awareness and is easily the bright spot in that Brighton team, would be a superb tactical fit under Klopp.

Sounds good to me. Thanks to you and HIF for the input. I don't get to watch too many non-liverpool games these days, so I'm way out of the loop with players.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#23 » by HIF » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:12 am

Baphomet wrote:I'll echo what HIF said. Bissouma is very good and I'm surprised that Arsenal didn't sign him. He's an outstanding ball carrier and tackler, has great positional awareness and is easily the bright spot in that Brighton team, would be a superb tactical fit under Klopp.

Just the man Arsenal needed but they don't seem to think that defence is important any longer.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Well, a draw isn't a loss. But at home, and you have them a man down the entire second half; it certainly feels like it.

Oh well.....we move on.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#25 » by aggerrard » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Chelsea are just hard to open up. Solid defense. But ofc disappointed we didn't win with a man up the entire second half.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:37 am

I find the whole 'Brazilian players ban' thing totally confusing. Where the hell did this come from? I think FIFA needs to step in here, and they need to get all these international games under control. I hear talk about a WC every 2 years? NO...leave the damn thing alone! It's great the way it is. And that's all teams need: MORE crap for players to go deal with. I'm sorry, but these teams are paying crazy transfer fees, and millions a year on players, and so I totally get that they are reluctant to let them go off all the time.

Anyhow...the good news is that it sounds like we will be able to play all our guys on Sunday. Just read article on ESPN Soccernet thats about 4 hours old. I guess Brazil Argentina and Paraguay all agreed to drop the matter. For now.

Good news for us. But FIFA needs to figure this stuff out. I'm fine with some international stuff....but it's gotten ridiculous. And if they throw the WC every two years?? That'll be insane. Not to mention....talk about completely watering down the thrill of the WC.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:38 am

Grats to both Salah and Mane on their milestones.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:59 pm

Brentford played well. Deserved the point. Still frustrating to not finish & leave points. Especially when Chelsea & United both lost.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 3:59 am

Feel like the Porto goalie was Liverpool's "man of the match"today. He made a few brutal mistakes.
HIF
RealGM

Post#30 » by HIF » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:41 am

That was a lovely first goal.

HIF
RealGM

Post#31 » by HIF » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Great win but weren't Watford abysmal for 65 minutes?

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:20 pm

HIF wrote:Great win but weren't Watford abysmal for 65 minutes?

Yep, I agree. What a great pass on that first goal. But we took care of it like a team should. Truthfully, the goalie had a couple nice stops...we hit the crossbar twice, and Mane missed a total gimme. This could have been historical. Good day for us. Good luck to your boys. Hope they can get the 3 points.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Is Bissouma hurt? We got him...I heard he has good quality. I don't think I've seen him yet. Strange.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Love how Firmino got the hat-trick...and really didn't have to do anything. 2 goals essentially "bounced" off his leg into the goal, and the third was him just cleaning up in the box. Easiest hat-trick I've ever seen.

Hey...being in the right place at the right time is a talent unto its own.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:48 pm

5? Wow. Watford must be horrid.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#36 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Salah looked like the Egyptian Messi on his goal.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 pm

The wolves are circling around Salah now. Real wants him, and will prob get him from us. Seems like Real and Barca get whoever they want....eventually. I read that Real wants to trade Hazard back to us. No thanks.

Hazard has been oft-injured, and has yet to find his form at Real. He's yet to score a goal there. So let me get this straight: you want us to give you our block-buster striker who's absolutely tearing it up. And your gonna give us back your failed experiment?

I think Salah will eventually ask for a transfer. I dunno. It seems like this has been the perfect place for him, and we've won everything an individual team can possibly win. And we're looking like a pretty good team this season. So perhaps he does resist the temptation for Real. Sadly...it seems like everyone wants to goto Real or Barca, and be the king of the mountain.

If it does happen....they can keep their rubbish, and pay in cash. Lot's of cash. Lot's. We want the Coutinho deal again. Didn't work out for Barca....but it sure worked out for us (VVD waves)! If Real wanna drop $120-140mil.....I'll get over the loss. Would be a great way to get 2-3 younger legit talent onto the squad.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:23 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Is Bissouma hurt? We got him...I heard he has good quality. I don't think I've seen him yet. Strange.

Replying to my own comment....I hope that's legal =0)

Anyhow....looking at the soccernet website, I don't see Bissouma on our squad. I thought we got him? Was it one of those delayed transfers or something? Anyone know what happened?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Great:

07/10/2021 - 15:00
A Brighton & Hove Albion player was arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning and it has now been revealed in the English media that this player was Yves Bissouma and that the reason for the footballer being taken into custody was a suspicion of sexual assault .

Well nevermind.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#40 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:The wolves are circling around Salah now. Real wants him, and will prob get him from us. Seems like Real and Barca get whoever they want....eventually. I read that Real wants to trade Hazard back to us. No thanks.

Hazard has been oft-injured, and has yet to find his form at Real. He's yet to score a goal there. So let me get this straight: you want us to give you our block-buster striker who's absolutely tearing it up. And your gonna give us back your failed experiment?

I think Salah will eventually ask for a transfer. I dunno. It seems like this has been the perfect place for him, and we've won everything an individual team can possibly win. And we're looking like a pretty good team this season. So perhaps he does resist the temptation for Real. Sadly...it seems like everyone wants to goto Real or Barca, and be the king of the mountain.

If it does happen....they can keep their rubbish, and pay in cash. Lot's of cash. Lot's. We want the Coutinho deal again. Didn't work out for Barca....but it sure worked out for us (VVD waves)! If Real wanna drop $120-140mil.....I'll get over the loss. Would be a great way to get 2-3 younger legit talent onto the squad.

I don't even understand that. Real and Barca are in debt. I thought they were only after Neymar and even then they wouldn't pay what PSG wanted.

Real and Madrid, along with Man U and Bayern, were tops in revenues. But Liverpool can't be doing that bad, with all the CL games they've been playing. Plus Liverpool has a big worldwide following. Maybe not as big as those other clubs but still big.

And aren't Liverpool owners rich too?

Yeah if the player wants to move on, he can but unless he really prefers the lifestyle in Spain more, it would be puzzling. It was understandable when Ronaldo moved down to Madrid.

Maybe the Egyptian Messi wants to show he can do well in the same league as the real Messi. However, EPL seems to have more competitive teams at the moment whereas La Liga has 3 clubs at most and Barca are going to be down for awhile?

Return to The General Soccer Board