Official Liverpool FC Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread II 

Post#321 » by Baseline81 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:49 am

HIF wrote:2 subs = about $200m.

Quite generous with the word "about". Increasing the amount by £55m.

Darwin Nunez joins Liverpool in club-record £85m transfer deal from Benfica
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12630828/darwin-nunez-joins-liverpool-in-club-record-85m-transfer-deal-from-benfica

Dominik Szoboszlai: Liverpool sign midfielder from RB Leipzig in £60m deal
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12912305/dominik-szoboszlai-liverpool-sign-midfielder-from-rb-leipzig-in-60m-deal

Note the final score of 3-1. Gakpo equalized and Jota added the third goal. You were beaten.

MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#322 » by MetalFingaz » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:52 pm

3 lovely goals.

Unfortunately for Leicester, they don't pro-rate the Champions League money on a "time spent in the Top 4 before collapsing down the stretch" basis.
It's time for 5 refs.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#323 » by HIF » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:10 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
HIF wrote:2 subs = about $200m.

Quite generous with the word "about". Increasing the amount by £55m.

Darwin Nunez joins Liverpool in club-record £85m transfer deal from Benfica
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12630828/darwin-nunez-joins-liverpool-in-club-record-85m-transfer-deal-from-benfica

Dominik Szoboszlai: Liverpool sign midfielder from RB Leipzig in £60m deal
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12912305/dominik-szoboszlai-liverpool-sign-midfielder-from-rb-leipzig-in-60m-deal

Note the final score of 3-1. Gakpo equalized and Jota added the third goal. You were beaten.

I understand that you may have problems reading but I wrote about $200m. I think that's not far off even with your prices it's $175m dollars and then there are the extras that Liverpool has agreed to pay. Still if you prefer 2 subs for $175m then I don't have a problem with that. Even though you insist that Liverpool doesn't pay exorbitant money for players.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#324 » by HIF » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:13 pm

MetalFingaz wrote:3 lovely goals.

Unfortunately for Leicester, they don't pro-rate the Champions League money on a "time spent in the Top 4 before collapsing down the stretch" basis.

I don't get what you're saying.

Liverpool did score 3 lovely goals, eventually. against a championship's B team. Liverpool deserved the win even if the ref should have sent off a liverpool defender and given at least 1 of the 3 penalty calls he ignored.

When did so many of the Liverpool supporters become bellends like their whining manager and players?

Good luck in the league cup, I hope you make it to the semis before drawing Man city.

Baseline81
Starter

Post#325 » by Baseline81 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:55 pm

HIF wrote:I don't get what you're saying.

Liverpool did score 3 lovely goals, eventually. against a championship's B team. Liverpool deserved the win even if the ref should have sent off a liverpool defender and given at least 1 of the 3 penalty calls he ignored.

When did so many of the Liverpool supporters become bellends like their whining manager and players?

Good luck in the league cup, I hope you make it to the semis before drawing Man city.

By the way, Manchester City was knocked out yesterday.
HIF
RealGM

Post#326 » by HIF » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:18 am

Baseline81 wrote:
By the way, Manchester City was knocked out yesterday.

Should be an easy cup for you then.

MetalFingaz
Starter

Post#327 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:53 pm

HIF wrote:

Liverpool did score 3 lovely goals

Hope you're well. <3
It's time for 5 refs.
HIF
RealGM

Post#328 » by HIF » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:49 am

MetalFingaz wrote:
HIF wrote:

Liverpool did score 3 lovely goals

Hope you're well. <3

:wink: :D

Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,808

Post#329 » by Triple M » Sun Oct 1, 2023 5:29 am

I think Pool wins the league. Salah is playing at an elite level and his play making is making it easier for an already good attack force. They can unlock low blocks, play with possession and transition with the best. Im more confident after the Tottenham game
HIF
RealGM

Post#330 » by HIF » Sun Oct 1, 2023 8:04 am

Triple M wrote:I think Pool wins the league. Salah is playing at an elite level and his play making is making it easier for an already good attack force. They can unlock low blocks, play with possession and transition with the best. Im more confident after the Tottenham game

Man city win the league. A far better team all round than Liverpool.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#331 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Oct 2, 2023 4:50 pm

Liverpool certainly don't stand a chance if they're gonna get jobbed. What a disgraceful game.

But Man City were always gonna win the title......like they did last year, and the year before......*yawn*
HIF
RealGM

Post#332 » by HIF » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:27 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Liverpool certainly don't stand a chance if they're gonna get jobbed. What a disgraceful game.

But Man City were always gonna win the title......like they did last year, and the year before......*yawn*

"Jobbed" . It's sport. It happens to someone every week, it just happens to be Liverpool this week.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#333 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 3:40 pm

HIF wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Liverpool certainly don't stand a chance if they're gonna get jobbed. What a disgraceful game.

"Jobbed" . It's sport. It happens to someone every week, it just happens to be Liverpool this week.

Hmmm...when was the last time City got "Jobbed"?
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,627

Post#334 » by Baphomet » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:33 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
HIF wrote:

I'm sure there are other instances, but I remember this one specifically in the CL where Llorente scored with his arm and VAR didn't rule it out, because it happened against Spurs like the recent controversy.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#335 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Oct 3, 2023 6:17 pm

Baphomet wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
HIF wrote:

I'm sure there are other instances, but I remember this one specifically in the CL where Llorente scored with his arm and VAR didn't rule it out, because it happened against Spurs like the recent controversy.

I mean, I'm looking at an arm that couldnt be closer to his body unless it melted into it. I don't know that city got Jobbed there.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#336 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 4:48 pm

As big of a snafu as it was, and as annoying as it was to have to stomach.....stomach it we must.

Klopp is calling (sort of) for a replay of the game. We all know it isnt going to happen. Nor should it. Talk about opening pandora's box. No league would ever get to their last game, if this was allowed to stand.

Klopp is right: this was BS of the highest order. Complete crap. But it's time to move on, and get ready for the next game. Spilt milk is just that: all over the floor...and nobody wants it now. Prob got cat hair and stuff in it.
Baseline81
Starter

Post#337 » by Baseline81 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 5:30 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:As big of a snafu as it was, and as annoying as it was to have to stomach.....stomach it we must.

Klopp is calling (sort of) for a replay of the game. We all know it isnt going to happen. Nor should it. Talk about opening pandora's box. No league would ever get to their last game, if this was allowed to stand.

Klopp is right: this was BS of the highest order. Complete crap. But it's time to move on, and get ready for the next game. Spilt milk is just that: all over the floor...and nobody wants it now. Prob got cat hair and stuff in it.

At the end of the day, I do feel nothing will come of it for Liverpool. However, I do believe the club needs to continue to put pressure on PGMOL in order to ensure changes are made to the laws/VAR.

I did read about how Darren England will not officiate Liverpool for rest of the season, but will not be sacked.
MetalFingaz
Starter

Post#338 » by MetalFingaz » Wed Oct 4, 2023 5:47 pm

Thankfully we play tomorrow and can talk about putting 5 past Union Saint-Gilloise.
It's time for 5 refs.
MetalFingaz
Starter

Post#339 » by MetalFingaz » Thu Oct 5, 2023 8:57 pm

Not a good performance, but a win is a win.
It's time for 5 refs.
MetalFingaz
Starter

Post#340 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:19 am

I have to remind myself sometimes that no one in the midfield core of Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch, Jones, and Elliott is older than 24.

I've really been impressed with Gravenberch's ability to carry the ball. Adds another element to the attack.

Good win today. A little sloppy at times, but job done and 5 goals.
It's time for 5 refs.

Return to The General Soccer Board