Re: 2023-24 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#122 » by Foye » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:03 pm

MetalFingaz wrote:
Foye wrote:0-0 at Darmstadt.

Any Sunday league match is more exciting than this

How does van den Berg look?

Good.
One of the few bright spots.

He was terrible to start the season but has really improved since then.

He is banned next game on his 5th yellow, though.
-Luke-
Starter
And1: 4,056

Post#123 » by -Luke- » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:31 pm

2-2 vs. Frankfurt after leading 2-0. 5 points from the games against Union, Wolfsburg and Frankfurt are good, but it's the fifth time this season that we have scored 2 goals and didn't win. Pretty annoying, but three things are certain: death, taxes and Werder being bad defensively.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#124 » by Foye » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:57 am

-Luke- wrote:2-2 vs. Frankfurt after leading 2-0. 5 points from the games against Union, Wolfsburg and Frankfurt are good, but it's the fifth time this season that we have scored 2 goals and didn't win. Pretty annoying, but three things are certain: death, taxes and Werder being bad defensively.

At least you guys are scoring goals.

We have a total of 3 games where we scored two goals. Including the Cup. :lol:
Foye

Post#125 » by Foye » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Kimmich effect once again in perfection.

NT played well without him last two games.
Losing 2-3 against Turkey with him.
Foye

Post#126 » by Foye » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:45 pm

More than a third of the roster is out injured or banned due to yellow cards for our away game in Hoffenheim.

I expect another dreadful performance.
-Luke-
Starter

Post#127 » by -Luke- » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:22 am

Foye wrote:More than a third of the roster is out injured or banned due to yellow cards for our away game in Hoffenheim.

I expect another dreadful performance.

You'll probably play better than the national team, though.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#128 » by SgtPepper » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:31 pm

That's almost always been the case, since Bayern can fill their weak NT positions with skilled foreigners. The same pattern happens with a lot of the favorite clubs in Europe. Nags is still figuring out how to use the NT as well.
Foye

Post#129 » by Foye » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:50 am

1-1 draw at Hoffenheim.
Result sucks. But it was a step into the right direction.
Played much better than against Darmstadt and dropped the horrible back 5.

Jonny Burkardt and Silvan Widmer are back. Missed those two.

The atmosphere at Hoffenheim is dreadful.
Felt like they have 300 home fans max.
Foye

Post#130 » by Foye » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:28 pm

0-1 loss to Freiburg.

If you are not winning games like this you are getting relegated.

Ajorque is a bum.

Missed the empty net.
Didn’t even shoot on target alone in front of the keeper.
In total 5 great chances created for him by the team but he is just a dreadful finisher.

Can’t wait for the day he is gone from the squad.
Foye

Post#131 » by Foye » Thu Dec 7, 2023 9:52 am

Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig eliminated already from the Cup.

This was the year to win the Cup.

But we lost 0-3 to Hertha in the 2nd round smh
-Luke-
Starter

Post#132 » by -Luke- » Thu Dec 7, 2023 12:44 pm

If I'm not missing something, every cup winner since 1997 (Stuttgart) is already out.

We lost in the first round vs. Viktoria f***ing Köln. Didn't watch anything yesterday. But my father (Frankfurt fan) said they didn't have a single chance against Saarbrücken.
-Luke-
Starter

Post#133 » by -Luke- » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:57 pm

Frankfurt loses without a chance against third division team Saarbrücken and massacres Bayern a few days later. I mean, sure. Why not.

Also looking good for us vs. Augsburg. Would be an important win.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,026

Post#134 » by cgf » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:22 pm

Gruda & Burkardt are fun young players, if they stay fit Mainz should start scoring again...Weiper's a good one too but he's still out.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Foye

2023-24 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#135 » by Foye » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:43 pm

cgf wrote:Gruda & Burkardt are fun young players, if they stay fit Mainz should start scoring again...Weiper's a good one too but he's still out.

I don’t know how much longer the officials in this club still want to give Ajorque minutes?
He is absolutely dreadful.
They could just start Burkardt and Gruda as striker duo.
cgf
RealGM

Post#136 » by cgf » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:02 pm

Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:Gruda & Burkardt are fun young players, if they stay fit Mainz should start scoring again...Weiper's a good one too but he's still out.

I don’t know how much longer the officials in this club still want to give Ajorque minutes?

Hopefully Weiper's knee heals soon and you can just roll with those three kids up front. I like all 3 and they would be a nice blend of complementary skillsets.
- Nelson the big but skilled, mobile target man who can draw the others in or pull defenders out of position, when he's not banging goals in
- Joni with his crafty offball movement, vision, and nose for goal
- Gruda the tricksy little dribbler, who can create danger when someone has to run at defenders & force an opening

This was a pretty good game for the kids I rate for the NT. Burkardt almost snagged a goal before coming off; Gruda's end product wasn't good enough today but he created a lot of danger; and Martel was his typical secure self in front of that Köln backline.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Foye

Post#137 » by Foye » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:17 pm

cgf wrote:
Foye wrote:

Hopefully Weiper's knee heals soon and you can just roll with those three kids up front. I like all 3 and they would be a nice blend of complementary skillsets.
- Nelson the big but skilled, mobile target man who can draw the others in or pull defenders out of position, when he's not banging goals in
- Gruda the tricksy little dribbler, who can create danger when someone has to run at defenders & force an opening

This was a pretty good game for the kids I rate for the NT. Burkardt almost snagged a goal before coming off; Gruda's end product wasn't good enough today but he created a lot of danger; and Martel was his typical secure self in front of that Köln backline.

We have been more competitive since Svensson stepped down but still very frustrating.
Ajorque is terrible. I hate him. He doesn't do anything particularly well except for blowing quality chances and is the slowest player on the pitch every time he is out there.

Burkardts contract is running out at the end of the season. I hope they will manage to prolong it.
But chances are slim. If we are relegated then he is gone for sure.

Gruda and Weiper need some time to develop. Gruda is going to be a very good player once it is all said and done but right now he is still lacking the efficiency too often. Once he finds that he will be a nightmare for every defender.

I hope Weiper is back in shape sooner than later because we have no CF who can score goals at all on the roster thanks to Ajorque and Onisiwo having dreadful seasons.

I wish they would just move to a 4-4-2 with Burkardt and Gruda up top, but for whatever reason Ajorque is in the lineup every single game.
cgf
RealGM

Post#138 » by cgf » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:43 pm

Foye wrote:
cgf wrote:
Foye wrote:I don’t know how much longer the officials in this club still want to give Ajorque minutes?

We have been more competitive since Svensson stepped down but still very frustrating.
Ajorque is terrible. I hate him. He doesn't do anything particularly well except for blowing quality chances and is the slowest player on the pitch every time he is out there.

Burkardts contract is running out at the end of the season. I hope they will manage to prolong it.
But chances are slim. If we are relegated then he is gone for sure.

Gruda and Weiper need some time to develop. Gruda is going to be a very good player once it is all said and done but right now he is still lacking the efficiency too often. Once he finds that he will be a nightmare for every defender.

I hope Weiper is back in shape sooner than later because we have no CF who can score goals at all on the roster thanks to Ajorque and Onisiwo having dreadful seasons.

I wish they would just move to a 4-4-2 with Burkardt and Gruda up top, but for whatever reason Ajorque is in the lineup every single game.

The relegation race should be interesting this year. I think that you, Köln, and us have the quality to get clear, but Darmstadt, Bochum, and Heidenheim aren't going to just roll over and Heidenheim seems to have the quality to stay up too. With the 3rd spot in BuLi2 looking like it'll go to a traditional club atm, the relegation playoff could be very competitive.

magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,120

Post#139 » by magik9113 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:47 pm

wth happened to Bayern this weekend?

cgf wrote:The relegation race should be interesting this year. I think that you, Köln, and us have the quality to get clear, but Darmstadt, Bochum, and Heidenheim aren't going to just roll over and Heidenheim seems to have the quality to stay up too. With the 3rd spot in BuLi2 looking like it'll go to a traditional club atm, the relegation playoff could be very competitive.

long time no see, mate :beer:
Foye

2023-24 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#140 » by Foye » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:53 pm

Yeah, welcome back cgf. Good to have you here.

In other news:
Clubs have voted in favor of accepting an investor that will give them money now for selling a part of 20 years of future tv money.

I have to think this is an incredibly stupid and short-sighted move that will move more clubs into red figures long-term and only benefit the current established top clubs.

No idea how anyone can be so stupid to accept this but apparently 2/3rds of the clubs are that stupid (probably including Mainz - I am ashamed).

Return to The General Soccer Board