Official Euro 2008 Grp. A - SWI, CZE, POR, TUR

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

NBA Cares
Sixth Man
And1: 34

Re: Official Euro 2008 Grp. A - SWI, CZE, POR, TUR 

Post#121 » by NBA Cares » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 pm

holy crap !!! All the credit goes to Turkey, who kept on fighting and scapping until the end! :clap:
And what a game for Tuncay, who was a striker, and ended up all the way back to being a goalie.
Se7en WoRds
Lead Assistant
And1: 0
Location: The thought you had don't even contemplate, Infinite like figure eight there's no escape...

Post#122 » by Se7en WoRds » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm

Amazing game by Turkey

way to fight back
"Yo I'd rather have respect than money, no doubt
But listen to me y'all, I want the mass amount
That the Sesame Street Dracula cant Count"
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#123 » by Rasheeed!!! » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Sleepy wrote:
Kush wrote:That come back reminded me of the Man U VS Beyern Munich back 99... wow

What is even better is that Turkey gets weaker opponent than Portugal who won the group...

Wait... what? Turkey won the group? If Croatia wins tomorrow, finishing first and Germany comes in second, it'll be Turkey vs. Germany next round... Basti, good luck in Berlin, you'll need it.

:starwars

By beating Germany, Croatia has already sealed top spot no matter what happens. So it's Croatia v Turkey and Portugal v Germany/Austria/Poland
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 941

Post#124 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Sleepy wrote:
Kush wrote:That come back reminded me of the Man U VS Beyern Munich back 99... wow

What is even better is that Turkey gets weaker opponent than Portugal who won the group...

Wait... what? Turkey won the group? If Croatia wins tomorrow, finishing first and Germany comes in second, it'll be Turkey vs. Germany next round... Basti, good luck in Berlin, you'll need it.

No, Portugal won the group. Unfortunately.
Kush
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#125 » by Kush » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Rasheeed!!! wrote:
Sleepy wrote:

By beating Germany, Croatia has already sealed top spot no matter what happens. So it's Croatia v Turkey and Portugal v Germany/Austria/Poland

Sometimes luck is all you need in football, and this is good example of being lucky. Turkey gets the best possible team they could get in the final 8...Croatia and Portugal who won their group get a team they didn't want to see until the final or final 4. I think Germany is going to beat Portugal and Turkey has very good chance of beating Croatia who is much weaker team than the Czech's and Swiss.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#126 » by El Turco » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:33 pm

OMFG! I AM STILL SHAKING AND WIPING THE TEARS OFF MY FACE!

these fans deserve it all, they never gave up and send message to players, IT AINT OVER! that is the Turkish spirit i wanted to see and they delivered.

In biased point of view this was probably the most exciting game i ve ever watched given what was at stake , even looking subjective this game makes it to my top 5. We probably lost half our population aged 50+. Hell, i almost had a cardiac arrest and i am 21. Despite having a pigheaded coach, despite having arguably the worst defense in the competition, despite being down 2 goals, these guys fought till the end, and i along with 100 million Turks around the world are proud of this team. My only sadness is i cant celebrate with my people.

That being said, we cant take anything granted and need to start immense preparation to Croatia game. We can play well against strong teams and give 110% but the second we are assumed as favorites, we tend to relax and take it easy. We cant make this fatal mistake this tournament.

On a side note, our GK is a moron for making that idiotic assault. Doesnt matter whether or not he deserved the red card, you need to learn how to control your emotions when you are up front against emotionally drained opponent. What if Czechs got a chance to take shoot at the goalie and send the game to shootout? He would have change his country, name and even continent. Amateur spirit that got us back in the game almost killed us-and probably literally killed couple dozen people in Turkey.

Anyways, Croatia, here we come! Cheers to all the Turkish supporters around the world! :beer:

P.S: if you are located in Central European countries such as Germany, Holland, Belguim as well as host countries, i would strongly advise against going out tonight.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#127 » by a-rod » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Anyway, Mário Zagallo Said it best, 2-0 its the most dangerous score in a game....

[quote="ElTurco"][/quote]
Congratulations ElTurco... :clap:
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#128 » by Point forward » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm

ElTurco wrote:OMFG! I AM STILL SHAKING AND WIPING THE TEARS OFF MY FACE!

these fans deserve it all, they never gave up and send message to players, IT AINT OVER! that is the Turkish spirit i wanted to see and they delivered.

In biased point of view this was probably the most exciting game i ve ever watched given what was at stake , even looking subjective this game makes it to my top 5. We probably lost half our population aged 50+. Hell, i almost had a cardiac arrest and i am 21. Despite having a pigheaded coach, despite having arguably the worst defense in the competition, despite being down 2 goals, these guys fought till the end, and i along with 100 million Turks around the world are proud of this team. My only sadness is i cant celebrate with my people.

That being said, we cant take anything granted and need to start immense preparation to Croatia game. We can play well against strong teams and give 110% but the second we are assumed as favorites, we tend to relax and take it easy. We cant make this fatal mistake this tournament.

On a side note, our GK is a moron for making that idiotic assault. Doesnt matter whether or not he deserved the red card, you need to learn how to control your emotions when you are up front against emotionally drained opponent. What if Czechs got a chance to take shoot at the goalie and send the game to shootout? He would have change his country, name and even continent. Amateur spirit that got us back in the game almost killed us-and probably literally killed couple dozen people in Turkey.

Anyways, Croatia, here we come! Cheers to all the Turkish supporters around the world! :beer:

P.S: if you are located in Central European countries such as Germany, Holland, Belguim as well as host countries, i would strongly advise against going out tonight.

INCREDIBLE GAME.

I was there at public viewing with thousands of Turks, and when Polak (?) hit the post and just missed the 0-3, ppl were sinking into depression. But when the 2-2 was scored, the place went NUTS. I was again treated to the typical Turkish clothesline bear hug, and when Nihat scored the 3-2, I was happy that I made it out alive. Or do you like to be squashed by delirious seven-foot, 250 lb Turkish part-time wrestlers? :wink:

Well, I made it out, and my ears are still ringing. If I had 1 cent for every "TURKIYE!!" shout I heard, I would never have to work again. Car corsos are going around, and everywhere Turkish ppl are screaming and shouting themselves silly. On the other side, the evening outside ended with free Lahmacun and free Efes! BTW, a lot of Turkish girls seemed to be asking themselves whether Arda Turan or Hamit Altintop are still single. :D

BTW, Volkan was an idiot for sure, but I was impressed by the Turkish grit. Down 0-2 and still fighting like berserkers, that was gold. On the other side, ppl seem to groan that this victory means that Turkish public enemy Nr. 1 (Fatih Terim) will stay in charge for some more time, but I don't think anyone minds now. Now, let's see whether Rustu (he will play, IMHO) can replace Volkan.

Now, Germany has to follow Turkey... :pray: :nod:

ElTurco wrote:P.S: if you are located in Central European countries such as Germany, Holland, Belguim as well as host countries, i would strongly advise against going out tonight.

I don't mind going out after a Turkish win, and I live in Germany. I don't mind getting deaf. :D
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#129 » by Point forward » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:23 pm

I don't speak a word of Turkish, but I don't think this Hurriyet (biggest Turkish tabloid) quote needs translation: :wink:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL.. DAKİKA 87, GOL NİHAT... SAĞDAN HAMİT ORTALADI... CECH SEKTİRİYOR... NİHAT ALTIPASIN ÖNÜNDEN DOKUNDU... TOP AĞLARDA... TÜRKİYE 2-2 ÇEK CUMHURİYETİ...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL.. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL... DAKİKKA 92, GOL NİHAT.... SAVUNMANIN ARKASINA BİR TOP... CEZA SAHASI ÖN ÇİZGİSİ ÜZERİNDEN VURDU... ÜST DİREĞE ÇARPAN TOP AĞLARA GİDİYOR...

VOLKAN KIRMIZI KART GÖRÜYOR... 93. DAKİKA... SAHADA 10 KİŞİYİZ...

TUNCAY KALEYE GEÇTİ... SON SANİYELER ARTIK...

SON DÜDÜK GELİYOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR... TÜRKİYE ÇEYREK FİNALDE...
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#130 » by Slava » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 pm

WOW. Football at its very best! :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#131 » by El Turco » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:49 pm

^heh, that is just extremely obnoxious play by play. I actually would love to play Germans in semis, that would create incredible atmosphere all over Europe. Plus, Germans are probably only fans that we dont have a beef with(as far as i know)

to tell you the truth, i dont even remember how we scored the third goal, i was still passed out from the second goal then all of the sudden i saw Nihat celebrating, and my brain slowly processed what happened. Jeebus, i know this is only a game but there is a good chance it is going to take my life when i am in my 50s.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
fc_dinamo
Pro Prospect

Post#132 » by fc_dinamo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 am

Turkey has to be the most dangerous team to play now, because they've come back to win the game in the dying moments 2x in a row now...

Too bad the goalie got red carded. That was stupid of him to push Koller when there were a few seconds left and they had the lead...I'm interested to know what was said...

Too bad for the Czechs, in 15 minutes they go from glory to agony...but they have nobody but themselves to blame. Cech made a huge error and they paid for it. And why didn't Baros play at all? They should have never let up and invited the Turks to attack...it seemed like their strategy was to just milk the clock away and luck out/rely on Cech to get through...

Just goes to show you that you can never lose concentration, no matter how certain victory...or defeat...looks...
bacid
Ballboy

Post#133 » by bacid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:36 am

Yeaaaa Turkey!!!

What a crazy game! I still can not believe how Petr Chech made such a mistake. That's really unbelievable.
We have so many injured players, our goal keeper and aurelio won't play the match against Croatia. But still I'm very optimistic about the next game.And the next game I won't stop rooting till the game is over :D
kromoszoma
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#134 » by kromoszoma » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Nihat's second was a real beauty. The guy has some composure :)
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#135 » by treiz » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 am

Heartbreaker for the Czech's. But well played Turkey, they were persistent and definetly deerved a goal, but not 2. (I wanted to see a penalty shoot-out :D )

Anyway, I hope this doesn't affect Cech' performance next year.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#136 » by BlackMamba » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:33 pm

well, great, GREAT final 25 minutes by the turkish team. that's what i like about them, they never put their arms down and fight till the final wistle is blown.

croatia-turkey will be a very good game.

Return to The General Soccer Board