ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who wiil have more turnovers?

Durant
78%
Edwards
22%

Total votes: 9

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,235

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#21 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm

Happy we're in the playoffs and have a shot.
Realistically, I think we have a real chance to reach round 2 and MAYBE the WCF.
Matchups against the Mavs and Clips this season have shown me enough to believe our story ends there, but hopefully I'm wrong. Who knows though, crazy things happen.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: Game 1: Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota T-Wolves l Saturday l 12:30pm l ESPN 

Post#22 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm

The West is really wide open. I don't see any team beating Boston though. They have a cakewalk to the finals.

For us to have a crack against the Celtics, we need 4 games where our offense is on fire and we outgun them. Unlikely but if we get that far, there's a reason.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,506

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:45 pm

King4Day wrote:Happy we're in the playoffs and have a shot.
Realistically, I think we have a real chance to reach round 2 and MAYBE the WCF.
Matchups against the Mavs and Clips this season have shown me enough to believe our story ends there, but hopefully I'm wrong. Who knows though, crazy things happen.

Well the Mavs and Clips would have to beat OKC before we'd face them.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,856

Post#24 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Post#25 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:53 pm

zero expectations for this team so whatever happens is cool
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,559

Post#26 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:54 pm

sunskerr wrote:zero expectations for this team so whatever happens is cool

It’s NBA finals or bust. :evil:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,616

Post#27 » by Revived » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm

I don’t expect the Suns to far in the playoffs and I’d have them losing if the series was against Denver, LAC or Dallas.

But losing the series to Minnesota would be a new low even for me. What a way for this “super duper” team to go out in.

That said, I don’t think we’ll lose this series. But it won’t be easy. They likely will win at least 2.

My prediction as of now for this series is

Game 1: suns lose
Game 2: suns win
Game 3: suns win
Game 4: suns win
Game 5: suns lose
Game 6: suns win
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,792

Post#28 » by Qwigglez » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm

I got it like this
Game 1 - Suns win
Game 2 - Suns lose
Game 3 - Suns win
Game 4 - Suns win
Game 5 - Suns lose
Game 6 - Suns win
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#29 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 am

My expectations for the rotation:

Beal (38) / Gordon (10)
Book (40) / Gordon (8)
Allen (36) / O'Neale (12)
KD (34) / O'Neale (14)
Nurkic (30) / Eubanks (12) / KD (6)
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#30 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am

Read on Twitter

Lol, Ant himself doesn't believe what he is saying, it's so obvious to me.

But it's true that KAT is super important for them.

If he somehow can defend KD without needing too much help and on offense he can punish inside our smaller defenders he can be a huge factor in this series.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,849

Post#31 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am

Who would defend KAT though? KD?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#32 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am

Calvin Klein wrote:Who would defend KAT though? KD?

I think that he will be his primary defender because in the last game they tried to "hide" him on Allen and the results were horrible for the Wolves.

On theory he fits nicely to defend Nurkic, but then you have to sit Gobert or put him on a perimeter player. They can try a zone too. We will see.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#33 » by King4Day » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I wasn't even thinking of them. That's an even worse matchup than Dallas and LAC so my opinion still stands. WCF is best case scenario. Hope I'm wrong but this team only proved they can't be counted on consistently.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#34 » by King4Day » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm

Revived wrote:I don’t expect the Suns to far in the playoffs and I’d have them losing if the series was against Denver, LAC or Dallas.

But losing the series to Minnesota would be a new low even for me. What a way for this “super duper” team to go out in.

That said, I don’t think we’ll lose this series. But it won’t be easy. They likely will win at least 2.

Minny is the team that severely overpaid to get Gobert and that led to the Suns being forced to overpay to get KD. One team will be bounced in round one and have big questions this offseason.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,559

Post#35 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm

King4Day wrote:
Revived wrote:I don’t expect the Suns to far in the playoffs and I’d have them losing if the series was against Denver, LAC or Dallas.

Minny is the team that severely overpaid to get Gobert and that led to the Suns being forced to overpay to get KD. One team will be bounced in round one and have big questions this offseason.

Would be hilarious if Minnesota gets fed up with Rudy/Conley and decides to trade them back to Utah.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,849

Post#36 » by Calvin Klein » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 pm

Saberestar wrote:

I think that he will be his primary defender because in the last game they tried to "hide" him on Allen and the results were horrible for the Wolves.

On theory he fits nicely to defend Nurkic, but then you have to sit Gobert or put him on a perimeter player. They can try a zone too. We will see.

Sorry, I meant who will KD guard on defense.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#37 » by Saberestar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Sorry, I meant who will KD guard on defense.

He always defends KAT but we switch on screens.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#38 » by NapoleonII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he somehow can defend KD without needing too much help and on offense he can punish inside our smaller defenders he can be a huge factor in this series.

Well, Ant believes he's the best player in the world, so who knows what he thinks lol
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

King4Day wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I wasn't even thinking of them. That's an even worse matchup than Dallas and LAC so my opinion still stands. WCF is best case scenario. Hope I'm wrong but this team only proved they can't be counted on consistently.

Yeah, the funny thing is I think the 3 teams that are the toughest could be OKC/DAL/LAC. DAL was the hottest team down the stretch, winning 16 of 18 before resting their players the last couple. We know how tough OKC did, and they won out the 1 seed, and then the Clippers stumbled a bit, but they have Kawhi, and if he's healthy, he is the best playoff performer....of course they also have Harden. But Lue is such a good coach, if things start clicking, I could see any of those 3 teams getting all the way to the finals. Unfortunately for Dallas and LAC, they have to play in the first round. I could see them in a WCF matchup if they were on opposite sides.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 pm

NapoleonII wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, Ant believes he's the best player in the world, so who knows what he thinks lol

Ant actually said he believes he COULD be the best in 2-3 years. He doesn't think he's the best now. Needs to cut down on turnovers, especially in key moments though. Of course you could say that about a lot of people. He doesn't have as many as Luka I don't think. Or maybe Harden. And I think Wemby leads the NBA in turnovers...of course he's a rookie but I imagine he will always have a lot.

Return to Phoenix Suns