Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,754

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#261 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:CP3 just loves hoops. This is why he's able to play at 38 years old being only 6 foot tall. He knows every small detail. I wish he was part of our coaching staff, or even played for us still. I remember we'd run the same play over and over and over and over again until the defense makes the proper adjustment and then we'd run something else.

Should've never have gotten rid of him. He was the leader of the team. What we needed to do was grab a young point and have him back up and learn from CP3, then take over when he's done.

The fire lacking on the team is apparent and it wouldn't exist if Chris was still here.
Bro what are you on? You HATED paul at the end. lol. wtf.
Flex is now your father.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,228

Post#262 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:CP3 just loves hoops. This is why he's able to play at 38 years old being only 6 foot tall. He knows every small detail. I wish he was part of our coaching staff, or even played for us still. I remember we'd run the same play over and over and over and over again until the defense makes the proper adjustment and then we'd run something else.

Should've never have gotten rid of him. He was the leader of the team. What we needed to do was grab a young point and have him back up and learn from CP3, then take over when he's done.

The fire lacking on the team is apparent and it wouldn't exist if Chris was still here.
Bro what are you on? You HATED paul at the end. lol. wtf.

Dude.

I've always been a fan of his. Never backed off of him. You're getting confused again. I did abandon DA finally towards the end. Probably what you're thinking of. Always loved cp3
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,592

Post#263 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 am

Would anyone here trade Booker or KD for Embiid? He’s just such an unlikable player who flops at any given moment. He has his moments get easily get to the ft like and average 35ppg but the downright is injuries and major flopping.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,048

Post#264 » by garrick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Jones said no to CP3's replacement in Haliburton. He should be fired for that alone.

Jones and Vogel are being fired this offseason don’t worry it’s a done deal. Matt Ishbia is smart he won’t allow those two to ruin this team even further. He’s quick and calculating. More help is on the way.

I have to disagree with you about Ishbia being smart.

Only a fool would have taken on Beal's massive contract and we can see just how difficult it is to sign quality bench players being so high above the 2nd apron we aren't able to sign anyone to anything besides the vet minimum.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#265 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 am

garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Jones said no to CP3's replacement in Haliburton. He should be fired for that alone.

Jones and Vogel are being fired this offseason don’t worry it’s a done deal. Matt Ishbia is smart he won’t allow those two to ruin this team even further. He’s quick and calculating. More help is on the way.

Only a fool would have taken on Beal's massive contract and we can see just how difficult it is to sign quality bench players being so high above the 2nd apron we aren't able to sign anyone to anything besides the vet minimum.

We're changing our team name to The Ten-Days next season.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 966

Post#266 » by Maze » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:17 am

Lakers getting away with all kinds of interior contact/fouls this qtr
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#267 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 am

Slim Charless wrote:

I feel like we needed to get rid of him because he could never stay healthy in the playoffs. I just hope we can get him back this offseason if the Suns decide to run it back once more. A young PG would also be beneficial.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,086

Post#268 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 am

Nuggets about to sweep the Lakers. A well rested defending champion will be waiting in 2nd round if miracle happens and Suns make it past 1st round.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#269 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 am

sunsbg wrote:Nuggets about to sweep the Lakers. A well rested defending champion will be waiting in 2nd round if miracle happens and Suns make it past 1st round.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#270 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 am

sunsbg wrote:Nuggets about to sweep the Lakers. A well rested defending champion will be waiting in 2nd round if miracle happens and Suns make it past 1st round.

Perfect! They gonna be rusty waiting a whole week before playing the mighty Suns.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,038

Post#271 » by Son of Ra » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Would anyone here trade Booker or KD for Embiid? He’s just such an unlikable player who flops at any given moment. He has his moments get easily get to the ft like and average 35ppg but the downright is injuries and major flopping.

Which one of the three guys are you describing now in the second part?
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#272 » by Son of Ra » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am

So with Miami, Indiana and Dallas winning on the road and the first two down 0-2 home teams making statement wins after Babyface said "but, but, but...the other road teams lost too" what is Booker gonna say after we lose again? "But, but, but...the Lakers lost too!"?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#273 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am

Son of Ra wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Would anyone here trade Booker or KD for Embiid? He’s just such an unlikable player who flops at any given moment. He has his moments get easily get to the ft like and average 35ppg but the downright is injuries and major flopping.

Obviously Embiid.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer

Post#274 » by Son of Ra » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:

Obviously Embiid.

I know, I know it was a joke. Because you could somewhat stretch this description to fit all of them...
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#275 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 am

Son of Ra wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Son of Ra wrote:Which one of the three guys are you describing now in the second part?

Obviously Embiid.

I know, I know it was a joke. Because you could somewhat stretch this description to fit all of them...

Haha! Very true.. only one difference Booker & KD are incapable of averaging 35ppg. ;)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,553

Post#276 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

We wouldnt' have been able to sign anyone anyway with CP3/Shamet's contracts and then Book's super max kicking in. Not sure why people don't understand it. We may have had a tax MLE or MLE but you are not getting nearly as good of player with that.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,086

Post#277 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

We wouldnt' have been able to sign anyone anyway with CP3/Shamet's contracts and then Book's super max kicking in. Not sure why people don't understand it. We may have had a tax MLE or MLE but you are not getting nearly as good of player with that.

Problem is we are not getting such overpaid player either. It's not like signing Beal has led to glory days and it's about to get worse with this contract.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,553

Post#278 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:I have to disagree with you about Ishbia being smart.

Problem is we are not getting such overpaid player either. It's not like signing Beal has led to glory days and it's about to get worse with this contract.

Well it all started with KD. Once we did that we were screwed for 7 or 8 years. After that you had to salvage what you could get for the corpse of Paul and Shamet.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,048

Post#279 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

In the short term yes you're not getting someone of Beal's level on the MLE but with each year his value is going to diminish as he ages unless he magically starts being an ironman and his salary really starts to balloon with each successive year.

This is really the crux of the matter, all our moves only see us looking into the next 1-2 years and Ishbia is kicking the can down the road as to how we can improve the roster.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,949

Post#280 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm

How about the Magic and Pacers?

I love what I'm seeing from them.

Return to Phoenix Suns