Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,846

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#761 » by Qwigglez » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:With Jrue not having a stellar season, if the Celtics get knocked in the semis, would the Suns, Beal, and or Celtics consider…
Beal for Jrue Holiday and Al Horford.
Bud has familiarity with both Jrue and Horford.

Read on Twitter

So because a guy is NOT doing well you want to trade for him? If he put up those stats here, I can't imagine what people would say considering what they say about Beal who was 6th in 3pt shooting.

However, with his defense and age along with Horford's age they would fit right in, at 34 and 38.

It's actually a fairly solid trade. We would just have really really old players for the foreseeable future. Jrue does make about $35 million a year for the next 4 years, where he will be between 34-37. Horford is expiring next year. Maybe a team over the cap gives us someone but probably no one good unless we attach a pick...and he only makes $9.5 million so you won't find a good player who makes that.

I’m saying that since both Beal and Jrue probably didn’t live up to expectations or perhaps their fit wasn’t ideal that maybe swapping these players would benefit both teams and those players too. Given the age difference I also felt like it was a fair trade, though like you mentioned, the Suns get significantly older. I definitely want to start building a younger team, but I can’t help but think the fit would be better suited for Beal and Holiday.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,877

Post#762 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 pm

kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,007

Post#763 » by kennydorglas » Sat May 11, 2024 12:00 am

50/5 to coach Bud.
Let's go
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#764 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 12:11 am

I’m probably in the minority but I’d take Holliday over Beal tbh. He’s less injury prone (and that’s crazy cause Holliday isn’t durable himself) and Holliday even at age 38 will probably still be a top 5 defender in the NBA.

I’ve seen him put clamps on the young 20 yr old kids in the league now without breaking a sweat. I don’t think that will change in a few years.

Not sure I want Horford though.
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 347

Post#765 » by bullsaficianado » Sat May 11, 2024 12:16 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

These analysts are clueless sometimes. They also go with a different narrative when one team starts winning. None of them had Minnesota possibly coming out of the West. Suns roster can be retooled.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#766 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat May 11, 2024 1:12 am

kennydorglas wrote:50/5 to coach Bud.
Let's go

Finally a championship coach that will lead us to the promise land. I’ve been waiting 24+ years and am super stoked to watch him due his magic. Plus he’s an Arizona native that’s extra browny points too.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#767 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 11, 2024 1:16 am

IF we do trade KD and we still want to try and pivot slightly to compete at a high level, I keep coming back to a KD to Atlanta trade. I get that KD might not want to go to Atlanta, but I honestly wouldn't care whether he has a preference or not. And he is under contract, so I'd send him where it benefits us most!

KD to Atlanta

Atlanta-
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix-
Dejounte Murray/ D Hunter/ Jalen Johnson / ATL 24' 1st (10th pick)/ SAC 25' 1st (1-14 protected)/ ATL 26' 1st (SAS right to swap)/ ATL 28' 1st.
Then in the draft
10th pick (acquired from Atlanta) - Trade back with Portland for the 14th and 34th picks.
14- Yves Missi.
22- Tyler Kolek.
34- Hope Ryan Dunn falls to 34, otherwise just draft Jaylon Tyson.

Murray/ Booker/ KD/ Collins/ Nurkic.
Clarkson/ Allen/ O'neale/ Muscala/ Damian Jones.
Kolek/ D Lee/ J Johnson/ Bol Bol/ Yves Missi.

G League affiliate
- Ryan Dunn to work on shooting development. And will be brought back into the team the following season.
- Drew Pember to get stronger and add polish as a multipositional versatile 6'11 version of Austin Reeves.
- Eric Gaines to work on his overall shooting and playmaking as a vertically explosive smaller version of Ja Morant.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#768 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 11, 2024 1:31 am

Revived wrote:I’m probably in the minority but I’d take Holliday over Beal tbh. He’s less injury prone (and that’s crazy cause Holliday isn’t durable himself) and Holliday even at age 38 will probably still be a top 5 defender in the NBA.

I’ve seen him put clamps on the young 20-year-old kids in the league now without breaking a sweat. I don’t think that will change in a few years.

If people really want the next Jrue Holiday, look at Jimmy Clark 3rd ( Duquesne).
https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-ultimate-ncaa-tournament-prospect

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5QsdWSYqL6s?feature=share :wink:
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,262

Post#769 » by MrMiyagi » Sat May 11, 2024 2:06 am

We now have stability at the coaching position for the next 5 years.... Just like last offseason....
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,804

Post#770 » by sunsbum » Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Revived wrote:I’m probably in the minority but I’d take Holliday over Beal tbh. He’s less injury prone (and that’s crazy cause Holliday isn’t durable himself) and Holliday even at age 38 will probably still be a top 5 defender in the NBA.

I’ve seen him put clamps on the young 20-year-old kids in the league now without breaking a sweat. I don’t think that will change in a few years.

If people really want the next Jrue Holiday, look at Jimmy Clark 3rd ( Duquesne).

pfh.. 7th grader.
I hate this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#771 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat May 11, 2024 2:24 am

sunsbum wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

pfh.. 7th grader.

Gradecist!
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,036

Post#772 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 11, 2024 2:56 am

MrMiyagi wrote:We now have stability at the coaching position for the next 5 years.... Just like last offseason....

I would prefer building the future with Bud because he has the experience and gravitas to coach future hall of famers.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,262

Post#773 » by MrMiyagi » Sat May 11, 2024 2:59 am

TeamTragic wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:We now have stability at the coaching position for the next 5 years.... Just like last offseason....

I would prefer building the future with Bud because he has the experience and gravitas to coach future hall of famers.
I"m fine with the hire, but he won't be here for 5 years. I'll be surprised if he's here for 2.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,804

Post#774 » by thamadkant » Sat May 11, 2024 4:26 am

I feel Ishiba is just making coaches richer by signing them on big contracts and hoping they pull a miracle year in and year out.

Vogel is 30 Million dollar richer and going to be sitting at home away from the stress of NBA life. Bud also looking to bolster his wealth by pushing for 10M a year knowing its a win win, if Suns do well... he gets praised....and paid... the suns crash and burn, he gets paid and go back to sitting at home chilling.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,724

Post#775 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:39 am

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:With Jrue not having a stellar season, if the Celtics get knocked in the semis, would the Suns, Beal, and or Celtics consider…
Beal for Jrue Holiday and Al Horford.
Bud has familiarity with both Jrue and Horford.

Read on Twitter

So because a guy is NOT doing well you want to trade for him? If he put up those stats here, I can't imagine what people would say considering what they say about Beal who was 6th in 3pt shooting.

However, with his defense and age along with Horford's age they would fit right in, at 34 and 38.

It's actually a fairly solid trade. We would just have really really old players for the foreseeable future. Jrue does make about $35 million a year for the next 4 years, where he will be between 34-37. Horford is expiring next year. Maybe a team over the cap gives us someone but probably no one good unless we attach a pick...and he only makes $9.5 million so you won't find a good player who makes that.

I’m saying that since both Beal and Jrue probably didn’t live up to expectations or perhaps their fit wasn’t ideal that maybe swapping these players would benefit both teams and those players too. Given the age difference I also felt like it was a fair trade, though like you mentioned, the Suns get significantly older. I definitely want to start building a younger team, but I can’t help but think the fit would be better suited for Beal and Holiday.

I think Holiday's a better fit than Beal. The defense would be nice. He's not as good offensively and I have a feeling he declines soon, but he does fit better. I always liked Horford. About 5 years ago I thought he was pretty much done though...and then he kind of bounced back, but I don't think he has a ton left in the tank. He could hit 3s.

I really wish Bol Bol could beef up a little bit and become a really good rebounder. He is good at shooting the 3 and can contest and block a ton of shots, has a handle, etc. He honestly could be the perfect type of 5 in Bud's offense, if he just improved in a few areas and added a few pounds.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#776 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

First time I've heard that KD wanted CP3 out of Phoenix...around 4:20
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#777 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:54 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:IF we do trade KD and we still want to try and pivot slightly to compete at a high level, I keep coming back to a KD to Atlanta trade. I get that KD might not want to go to Atlanta, but I honestly wouldn't care whether he has a preference or not. And he is under contract, so I'd send him where it benefits us most!

KD to Atlanta

Atlanta-
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix-
Dejounte Murray/ D Hunter/ Jalen Johnson / ATL 24' 1st (10th pick)/ SAC 25' 1st (1-14 protected)/ ATL 26' 1st (SAS right to swap)/ ATL 28' 1st.
Then in the draft
10th pick (acquired from Atlanta) - Trade back with Portland for the 14th and 34th picks.
14- Yves Missi.
22- Tyler Kolek.

G League affiliate
- Ryan Dunn to work on shooting development. And will be brought back into the team the following season.
- Drew Pember to get stronger and add polish as a multipositional versatile 6'11 version of Austin Reeves.
- Eric Gaines to work on his overall shooting and playmaking as a vertically explosive smaller version of Ja Morant.

Can we give them Nurk and get Capela back? Or can only send one player out?
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#778 » by Slim Charless » Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think Holiday's a better fit than Beal. The defense would be nice. He's not as good offensively and I have a feeling he declines soon, but he does fit better. I always liked Horford. About 5 years ago I thought he was pretty much done though...and then he kind of bounced back, but I don't think he has a ton left in the tank. He could hit 3s.

I really wish Bol Bol could beef up a little bit and become a really good rebounder. He is good at shooting the 3 and can contest and block a ton of shots, has a handle, etc. He honestly could be the perfect type of 5 in Bud's offense, if he just improved in a few areas and added a few pounds.

I can't think of a single reason why Boston would Jrue for Beal. Not even one. Pretty sure Jrue was the superior scorer this year while being leagues better defender. We're stuck with Beal.....and most likely all of the Big 3.

I'd like to see what we can get for Nurk though. Giddey would be the dream, but that's probably too crazy......?

I'd settle for some picks in the 2025+2027 drafts (when we have 0 picks). Doing so, also allows us to drop below the 2nd apron and maybe use Ish's billions to buy a pick or 2 in this draft.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#779 » by Revived » Sat May 11, 2024 7:14 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

I"m fine with the hire, but he won't be here for 5 years. I'll be surprised if he's here for 2.

If the Suns decide to blow it up and rebuild after realizing this roster is heavily flawed and can’t be improved without a trade of the big 3, Budenholzer would be a great coach to lead that rebuild imo. He’s only in his 50s still and he’s a great culture setter.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,263

Post#780 » by Bogyo » Sat May 11, 2024 7:19 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:IF we do trade KD and we still want to try and pivot slightly to compete at a high level, I keep coming back to a KD to Atlanta trade. I get that KD might not want to go to Atlanta, but I honestly wouldn't care whether he has a preference or not. And he is under contract, so I'd send him where it benefits us most!

KD to Atlanta

Atlanta-
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix-
Then in the draft
14- Yves Missi.
22- Tyler Kolek.

G League affiliate

I'd do this without the picks. Not sure Atlanta would knowing KD.
(Also you just traded KD, yet he is in your starting lineup as I see :) )

I've been out of here since middle march - thats when I had a bit of a meltdown as our "stars" could not comprehend simple basketball realities and continued with their flegmatic, generic, non-commital, utterly disgusting attitude.
I can not wait until both are out of here, they are a disgrace to this franchise - in europe the fans would make them take off their jerseys as a sign that they do NOT deserve to wear them. Maybe a couple of slaps would follow to set them straight a bit.

As for coaching - it doesnt really matter, as long as they don't listen and buy in. They never will - unless everything goes their way, which will yield the same results as it did this year. "Middy" - say middy again mfer (Samuel Jackson voice from Pulp Fiction)...
Booker can go to the highest bidder as well, get one-two players and a lot of picks and we'll have at least as much wins as this year and maybe have some fun while doing so. Having actual effort instead of going through the motions, real emotions instead of this flegmatic bs would do wonders.

Oh, while we are at it, JJ can suck a fat one as well - I hated this lazy, smug snake oil selling bastard eversince the TJ trade. He lucked into CP (who only wanted to play here), but other than that he set this franchise back at every possible juncture, as he managed to take the wrong choice like clockwork.
# waiting for the next chapter

Return to Phoenix Suns