Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Re: Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread 

Post#1181 » by ruiner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:29 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:
You promised to never post again for a whole year if Amare was resigned to max right? :D

Except that was if it's a 6 year deal :lol:

Max doesn't have to be 6 yr deals. He can get 3 yr deal and it's still MAX.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1182 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 am

I was listening to ESPN Radio a minute ago and they had that 30 second local teaser and Gambo was saying the Suns would go after Dirk and pay him big-time but not D-Lee. If we're giving someone 20 mil per year it better be Dirk and not Amare (if the situation presents itsself). Ya know Nash-Dirk are buddy but i don't see him leaving Dallas and i don't see us dumping LB.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#1183 » by WTFsunsFTW » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:33 am

You never said 6yrs you just said max contract.

How convenient you erased it from your sig...

I pray before bed every night that we sign Amare to max dollars so I can tell you how much I will look forward to never reading your posts again and rub it in your face until you shut down your account.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1184 » by MaryvalesFinest » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 am

ruiner wrote:
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
You promised to never post again for a whole year if Amare was resigned to max right? :D

Except that was if it's a 6 year deal :lol:

Max doesn't have to be 6 yr deals. He can get 3 yr deal and it's still MAX.

Yeah that's the max but I was talking about the max contract which was 6 years-130M, you guys can still hope I guess :lol:
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#1185 » by ruiner » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 am

While true. Actually, I wasn't here when you said it so I wasn't sure if you clarified that or not.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1186 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:49 am

Do we know specifically why Mike and Amare didn't get along?
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1187 » by MaryvalesFinest » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 am

D'antoni played favorites, he had a father son relationship with Nash that soon grew into something more where two guys had emotions for one another, not in a sexual way but like BFF's...while Amare was always treated as just one of the other guys on the team and never had that with D'antoni...I know it sounds kind of gay but it's true :lol:
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1188 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:09 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:D'antoni played favorites, he had a father son relationship with Nash that soon grew into something more where two guys had emotions for one another, not in a sexual way but like BFF's...while Amare was always treated as just one of the other guys on the team and never had that with D'antoni...I know it sounds kind of gay but it's true :lol:

Thx for clearing it up. :lol: Amare got his numbers and got paid big time he should've just played along. Damn superstars are so fragile these days.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1189 » by DRK » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 am

I bet Amare will just sign the damn extension with the Suns and we would've wasted 6 months talking about "what happens when Amare leaves."
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
7Insomniac
Junior
And1: 1

Post#1190 » by 7Insomniac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 am

I don't know if this has been posted yet but Stephen A. Smith was on Bickley and MJ two days ago and said that a year ago he interviewed Amar'e and he said that he should be viewed as on the level as Lebron,D-wade,Etc and the only thing holding him back is that he plays in Phoenix.

Here is the interview at about 11:45 he talks about Amar'e.
http://www.xtra910.com/cc-common/mediap ... -AM&TRACK=
chefsunsfan7
Junior
And1: 9

Post#1191 » by chefsunsfan7 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:12 pm

I live near Philly and let me tell you - Stephen A. Smith is a joke. Don't listen to anything he says.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#1192 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:18 pm

chefsunsfan7 wrote:I live near Philly and let me tell you - Stephen A. Smith is a joke. Don't listen to anything he says.

I don't need to live in or near Philly to say Stephen A. Smith is a joke when he says this:

7Insomniac wrote:I don't know if this has been posted yet but Stephen A. Smith was on Bickley and MJ two days ago and said that a year ago he interviewed Amar'e and he said that he should be viewed as on the level as Lebron,D-wade,Etc and the only thing holding him back is that he plays in Phoenix.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#1193 » by rsavaj » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm

I disagree that you can have shorter years and it still be a "max" contract. A max contract is the maximum amount of dollars a player can sign for, which is like $130 million if Amare signs with us. Anything less is not a max IMO.

Anyways, Coro has a great write-up of this: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/ar ... emire.html

Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver has stuck to the idea of giving Stoudemire a maximum-salary deal for four years (his existing remaining option season plus three more) but not for the maximum six years (option plus a five-year extension) that Stoudemire has desired. NBA sources said Sarver might be willing to change the extension's length to four years, which would give Stoudemire a five-year deal worth $107 million.

If Stoudemire went to another team without a sign-and-trade deal, the most he could sign for is five years and about $100 million because raises with another team are limited to 8.5 percent rather than the 10.5 percent raises he can have with Phoenix. That is where a sign-and-trade possibility enters the picture to get Stoudemire a larger contract and net the Suns a return of either players or a trade exception, which could be used to acquire a high-salary player without returning any contracts.

If Sarver is offering a 4 year extension(5 years total) then he is actually offering more money then any other team could. I never thought that would happen...
AZWildByNature
Senior
And1: 86

Post#1194 » by AZWildByNature » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm

When is the deadline for Amar'e to opt out?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1195 » by rsavaj » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm

AZWildByNature wrote:When is the deadline for Amar'e to opt out?

Tonight at/before 9 I think.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1196 » by rsavaj » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/ ... s-contract

dking97 wrote:Strangeness? A new Suns contract for 5 years is slightly better than a 4-yr extension on next season. So, given a 5-yr committment, he's financially better off re-signing with the Suns AFTER today.

The skinny:

Don't be surprised when Amare opts out, even if he still wants to re-sign with the Suns.

Paul Coro, this morning calling in to KTAR, said that the Suns and Amare were most likely laying ground work for a new contract to be signed AFTER tonight, than they were in trying to get an extension done today.

If Amare agrees to the extension today (he doesn't have to actually sign it till next spring but if he doesn't opt-out he's still committed to the Suns and off the market), then you know Sarver and Gentry are good salesmen and Amare really never wanted to entertain other offers at all.

If Amare opts out today, that doesn't mean the Suns are out of the picture as long as they're now willing to go 5 years. On 5 years, the Suns can still offer more money than anyone else. Amare might just want his ego stroked a little (he's never been on the market before) before re-signing. Kind of like Dirk in Dallas. And Paul Pierce in Boston. They just opted out yesterday, but still figure to re-sign with their teams. Getting wooed can be fun, I guess.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#1197 » by pidi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:58 pm

let me get this straight - ama´re didn´t opt out ´til now?? i thought he opted out weeks ago..

Props to the great one
And1: 355

Post#1198 » by wordsenuff » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

rsavaj wrote:http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/6/30/1545022/the-skinny-on-amares-contract

dking97 wrote:Strangeness? A new Suns contract for 5 years is slightly better than a 4-yr extension on next season. So, given a 5-yr committment, he's financially better off re-signing with the Suns AFTER today.

The skinny:

Don't be surprised when Amare opts out, even if he still wants to re-sign with the Suns.

Paul Coro, this morning calling in to KTAR, said that the Suns and Amare were most likely laying ground work for a new contract to be signed AFTER tonight, than they were in trying to get an extension done today.

If Amare agrees to the extension today (he doesn't have to actually sign it till next spring but if he doesn't opt-out he's still committed to the Suns and off the market), then you know Sarver and Gentry are good salesmen and Amare really never wanted to entertain other offers at all.

If Amare opts out today, that doesn't mean the Suns are out of the picture as long as they're now willing to go 5 years. On 5 years, the Suns can still offer more money than anyone else. Amare might just want his ego stroked a little (he's never been on the market before) before re-signing. Kind of like Dirk in Dallas. And Paul Pierce in Boston. They just opted out yesterday, but still figure to re-sign with their teams. Getting wooed can be fun, I guess.

this is what i was saying, theses guys just want some attention being lil divas
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout

Post#1199 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:20 pm

The Nets are hoping to sign LeBron James, but they do have alternative plans.

They will meet Friday with Dwyane Wade and with Chris Bosh Bosh. They will then meet with Amar’e Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, David Lee and restricted free agent Rudy Gay. Dirk Nowitzki, a former player for Johnson, opted out of his Mavericks contract on Tuesday.

The Nets are confident they will at least be able to sign Stoudemire and Gay.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0sMUrRA00
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1200 » by Miklo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 pm

^man, this whole thing is a mess. LOTS of feelings are gonna get hurt; players, fans, front offices, Amar'e (oh wait I already said players)

Return to Phoenix Suns