The Official Bogdan Bogdanovic Thread!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

The Official Bogdan Bogdanovic Thread! 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:45 am

A thread for discussions, news, video's, and links about Bogdan Bogdanovic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHuTnAFNJQM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jKIFV1SyXA[/youtube]
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Re: The Official Bogdan Bogdanovic Thread! 

Post#2 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:49 am

Epic draft pic. Also, 1st.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#3 » by Revived » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:30 am

"I'm ready to play now".

I know he might have said that cause that's the politically correct answer to say but still, I'd like us to give him a shot here before shipping his ass off Europe for a year or two.

I have a gut feeling that he will actually turn out good even if its not right away.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#4 » by LV-Suns » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:51 am

I am pretty excited about Bogdanovic after seeing seeing about his performance last year. I am hoping we ask him to participate in our summer league team, unless he is already playing for his national team.
I Dont wanna be here
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#5 » by Revived » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:31 am

After watching his scouting report on draftexpress (the one Kerrsed provided in the OP) he reminds me a lot of the younger Dragic.

I feel like the way he plays in Europe is probably the same style of play that Dragic played in Europe.

Even their strengths and weaknesses are pretty similar (from when Dragic was a rookie).
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#6 » by WTFsunsFTW » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:06 am

He looks aggressive and keeps his head up well for a wing.
Gokey Balboa
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Gokey Balboa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 am

This guy could be potential steal of this draft.
He's SG, can play SF in smallball european game, had to play PG due to some injuries of his teammates.
So, he learned how to handle the ball and run some offense, beside being a 40% 3pts shooter in the same time.
Amount of things he can do is comparable to those Ginobili could do in Europe in 2000-02. He still needs to improve his D, and shot selection, but overall he's by far the best international player on this draft selected after D.Saric.

BTW, I watched more than 100 of his games in last 2 years, both for MNT and his club.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#8 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:52 am

Gokey Balboa wrote:This guy could be potential steal of this draft.
He's SG, can play SF in smallball european game, had to play PG due to some injuries of his teammates.
So, he learned how to handle the ball and run some offense, beside being a 40% 3pts shooter in the same time.
Amount of things he can do is comparable to those Ginobili could do in Europe in 2000-02. He still needs to improve his D, and shot selection, but overall he's by far the best international player on this draft selected after D.Saric.

BTW, I watched more than 100 of his games in last 2 years, both for MNT and his club.

Please tell me he doesn't flop!
Gokey Balboa
Freshman

Post#9 » by Gokey Balboa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:55 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Please tell me he doesn't flop!

Everyone flops here. :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRTiQhLAJvc[/youtube]
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#10 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

In his interview he states he's ready to come to Phoenix now and scouts say he's ready. Why are we stashing then?
Gokey Balboa
Freshman

Post#11 » by Gokey Balboa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:05 am

ginobiliflops wrote:In his interview he states he's ready to come to Phoenix now and scouts say he's ready. Why are we stashing then?

I don't know about that, but this guy will be #1 backcourt player in Europe in 1-2 years if he stays here. He's already top10, maybe even better. So, if he doesn't make it in NBA, he'll be just fine without that. But, I do believe that he has that drive to compete with the best and he'll do everything to succeed overseas.
Maybe it won't be with Suns, but he has tools to make good career in this version of NBA.
STEV13
Suns Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 853

Post#12 » by STEV13 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:45 am

Glad we picked him. Hope he plays for the summer Suns :D
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#13 » by TASTIC » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:50 am

I wanted him at that pick, so very happy with him.

He reminds me of Giricek - he had pretty good handles for a 6'6" guy. Maybe even a Brent Barry type guy who can play 1-2 and 3 at a pinch, but not the shooter Barry was.

Manu would be GREAT! I remember thinking Bogdanovic was a Spurs type player too...

I'm curious what's going to happen from here out, whether he stays in Europe or he actually does get brought over, McD will obviously be the deciding factor - but what's Bog's contract status, does he have a buyout option?
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#14 » by MathiasPW » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:08 am

ginobiliflops wrote:In his interview he states he's ready to come to Phoenix now and scouts say he's ready. Why are we stashing then?

To retain cap space, so we can pursue FA's more aggressively, I believe.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#15 » by thamadkant » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:45 am

Brent Barry is closer to Exum/Gordon Hayward than Bogdanovic I think.... Crafty, wiry, skilled, deceiving quickness etc
Barry also had incredible intangible skills and facilitating skills... Would love him on the current or SSOL suns...

Anyways... I'm happy with Bogdan!
He is definitely a spurs type player... I don't think he is as smart, as skilled and crafty as Ginobili.. Ginobili has elite ball handling and he gets really low while dribbling whilst retaining amazing balance...

Bogdan reminds me more of Joe Johnson SSOL days... Joe obviously is more explosive and athletic... But Bogdan has quicker catch and shoot release...

I feel the same thing I felt with Archie... Basically potential game changers if given the chance to develop and shine.

Looking at the state of the west... I would actually try to buy out Bogdan from Europe or ask him to come and join D-league for 10-15 games...
If the Suns aren't amongst the top 10 teams in the west 20 games in... I would go all young... Or atleast 70% young.

Warren, Len, Goodwin, Bogdanovic and Ennis....give then 20-24 minutes off the bench every game... That's a fast bench team who could become future starting 5.

Bledsoe and Dragic... I feel only one of them will stay by the end of the year... Again depending if Suns are not amongst the top 10 west teams early in. I would prefer to keep Dragic to mentor and be the veteran leader. Mainly because Bledsoe will indeed get max money or near it and he does tend to hog the ball or atleast he handles it too much... The mini-Lebron label applies a lot in that Bledsoe would suit teams with catch and shoot spot shooters. But that style of offense is detrimental to a young team trying to reach their potential.
mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Post#16 » by mybloodisorange » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:21 pm

MathiasPW wrote:

To retain cap space, so we can pursue FA's more aggressively, I believe.

Exactly. McD said many times that we dint have roster space or minutes for 3 rookies. And considering we need to get guys like Len and Goodwin more burn this year he's probably right. I'm guessing drafting Bogy is a way to grab the best talent available while letting him develop for a bit overseas. This way he gets minutes, our cap isn't impacted and we might have a solid, versatile 6th man type guard in a couple seasons. It might not sound exciting but looking at his skills now if he continues to develop it will be an incredible value at the 27th spot.

And I can't lie I like that drafting Bog and Ennis (both guards) might make Goodwin less comfortable - providing a little extra motivation for him to work hard on his game. It might be good for him maturity wise.
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#17 » by deb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Great pick imo. I wouldn't compare him to Ginobili though, he's not as agile or crafty. He's more like Batum, 6-11 wingspan, likes to play D and can shoot from outside. Can give you a bit of playmaking, but isn't spectacular in that department. He's also probably the most battle-tested of all the draftees. He clocked heavy minutes in Euroleague (31.5 min, 14.8 pts, 3.7 rbd and assists) and was a key player for Serbia in last year's Eurobasket.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#18 » by PZiv » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Ohai
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#19 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Love love love the pick. I've been high on Bogdan for a while and always wondered why he wasn't projected to go higher. Dude has great size at the 2 with his 6 11 wingspan. Love that he has a little f-u in his game.

I had a feeling that the suns would be high on him after all the talk of them liking stauskas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#20 » by phx#7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Love love love the pick. I've been high on Bogdan for a while and always wondered why he wasn't projected to go higher. Dude has great size at the 2 with his 6 11 wingspan. Love that he has a little f-u in his game.

I had a feeling that the suns would be high on him after all the talk of them liking stauskas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

He is the guy I wanted once they made it known they were going to draft and stash if they couldn't package the pick.

Return to Phoenix Suns