ImageImageImage

The Official Tyler Ennis Thread!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Re: The Official Tyler Ennis Thread! 

Post#41 » by NTB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:03 am

Guys Gerald Green is better than T-Ross IMO.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,176

Post#42 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:17 am

JMac1 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
JMac1 wrote:
Me too. I tired to understand it. I tried to appreciate it. I tried to believe it, but after watching the films and his measurables, I just can't. Should have packaged 14 and 18 to pick McDermott!!

No

We will see. Mark this post!!

Fine by me.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#43 » by Revived » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/482335663246041088[/tweet]

Its funny cause that's exactly what I was saying too when we picked him :lol:
puinha
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#44 » by puinha » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Cash wrote:I'm a Syracuse fan, so I've probably seen more of Ennis than most posters here. I definitely like this pick and think he'll be a real good pro. Ennis' athleticism is underrated, partially because of the way he plays. He's very smooth, and that sometimes makes him look slower than he is. No, he'll never be confused with Zach Lavine physically, but IMO, he's legitimately an NBA-caliber athlete, not just a guy who's "good enough to get by."

Ennis is 100% a true point guard -- he looks to distribute much more than score, and he almost never turned the ball over at SU. His shooting stats weren't impressive, but his stroke was very sound, and he hit enough outside shots to make me think he'll be a good outside shooter someday. Keep in mind that he was really 100% the point guard, meaning he never played off the ball or got catch & shoot opportunities. Most guys shoot a lot better in catch & shoot situations than when they have to pull up.

Ennis is very steady on the floor, and as I said earlier, very smooth. When he drives, he usually varies his tempo (a la Nash and others) to beat his man, rather than just blowing by with pure speed. On a team with vaunted senior CJ Fair, Ennis still became the leader or at least co-leader of the team within a few games. The reason we started 25-0 was because we were invincible in close games. Now, obviously no one ALWAYS wins their close games, but Ennis' clutch play and steady, ice-cold personality were huge for us. I'm not saying that SU would've won as many close games next year if Ennis came back -- I do know what regression to the mean is -- but Ennis has the "clutch" traits that help maximize a team's chances in a close game. It just so happened that those chances went our way almost every time last year, and that part involves some luck. But there's nothing lucky about a PG who never gets rattled, always stays cool no matter the stakes, never takes bad shots, and consistently makes the right pass to an open teammate. Plus there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAOIdhEJ1Hg

At a minimum, I think Ennis is an immediate upgrade over Ish Smith, and a likely starter long term.

We wanted Ennis with our 20 pick. I think he will be good in the league. Good luck to him in Phoenix...
ringo39
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 » by ringo39 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Not good.

Tyler Ennis may have been the worst first-round pick at Vegas. He shot a putrid 21.9 percent from the field and didn’t make any of his six attempts from beyond the arc. There are almost too many weaknesses to count, so I’m not even going to go there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/4 ... -summary-5
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#46 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Should've made a trade with Toronto.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Suns Court 23
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#47 » by Suns Court 23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:42 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Should've made a trade with Toronto.

For what? I don't think they would give up Amir Johnson for Tyler Ennis
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#48 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:45 pm

Suns Court 23 wrote:

Perhaps not straight up but from the rumblings around that time, it sounded like they were really high on him and were pissed off to no end that we took him when we already had 1000 guards. I think we could've made trade for Amir.
Suns Court 23
Sophomore

Post#49 » by Suns Court 23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Suns Court 23 wrote:

Perhaps not straight up but from the rumblings around that time, it sounded like they were really high on him and were pissed off to no end that we took him when we already had 1000 guards. I think we could've made trade for Amir.

Well what package do you think we could have given up with Ennis to get Amir? a future1st?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#50 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

Suns Court 23 wrote:Well what package do you think we could have given up with Ennis to get Amir? a future1st?

In hindsight we probably wouldn't have made the move for Amir since we were preserving cap space for LBJ but I would've sent Ennis and a future 1st for Amir.
Suns Court 23
Sophomore

Post#51 » by Suns Court 23 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Suns Court 23 wrote:Well what package do you think we could have given up with Ennis to get Amir? a future1st?

In hindsight we probably wouldn't have made the move for Amir since we were preserving cap space for LBJ but I would've sent Ennis and a future 1st for Amir.

Ok. Yeah you are probably right that we wouldn't have traded for him so we could still LeBron and another star.
Revived
RealGM

Post#52 » by Revived » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:08 am

Suns Court 23 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Suns Court 23 wrote:For what? I don't think they would give up Amir Johnson for Tyler Ennis

Well what package do you think we could have given up with Ennis to get Amir? a future1st?

Ennis and the Minnesota first.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#53 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:15 am

Suns Court 23 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Suns Court 23 wrote:For what? I don't think they would give up Amir Johnson for Tyler Ennis

What makes people think Amir Johnson is available? The dude was pretty important for Toronto and they made the playoffs as a 3 seed for the first time in well, probably their history. He is on a value contract too.

It amazes me when people think playoff teams will trade a significant piece (like this one) for scraps or their best player (like Horford).
Revived
RealGM

Post#54 » by Revived » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:10 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Suns Court 23 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Perhaps not straight up but from the rumblings around that time, it sounded like they were really high on him and were pissed off to no end that we took him when we already had 1000 guards. I think we could've made trade for Amir.

What makes people think Amir Johnson is available? The dude was pretty important for Toronto and they made the playoffs as a 3 seed for the first time in well, probably their history. He is on a value contract too.

It amazes me when people think playoff teams will trade a significant piece (like this one) for scraps or their best player (like Horford).

Horford's been constantly injured for Atlanta the past couple years so people assume that they might let him go because of that and that the Suns training staff can fix him up.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:17 am

SF88 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Horford's been constantly injured for Atlanta the past couple years so people assume that they might let him go because of that and that the Suns training staff can fix him up.

Yeah I definitely agree that people may assume that.
Parasight
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#56 » by Parasight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:36 am

Vice just put up a short video following Tyler at the draft and some footage of his CIA Bounce days. Thought you guys might enjoy this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WfoxFiIc2I[/youtube]
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#57 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Parasight wrote:Vice just put up a short video following Tyler at the draft and some footage of his CIA Bounce days. Thought you guys might enjoy this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WfoxFiIc2I[/youtube]

thanks for posting
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,183

Post#58 » by Frank Lee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 am

How 'bout that Nash guy offering up his fat 'empty' pad in Phnx if Ennis needed a place? That Cnuck love is strong.
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns