ImageImageImage

The TJ Warren Thread!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Re: The TJ Warren Thread! 

Post#321 » by Damkac » Wed Oct 5, 2016 7:20 pm

LukasBMW wrote:Warren looking fit and HUGE!

I mean, he just looks taller and bigger. He looks like a 4 now.

He looked much bigger than Kawhi. If only he was as long as him.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#322 » by MathiasPW » Wed Oct 5, 2016 7:49 pm

You guys are very outdated with basketball terminology.

That is nowadays called "SWOLE!"
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,701

Post#323 » by Qwigglez » Wed Oct 5, 2016 10:42 pm

He looks like PG13
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,823

Post#324 » by Saberestar » Fri Oct 7, 2016 12:26 am

“He’s getting great opportunity and great experience defending dominant 3-men,” Suns coach Earl Watson said. “That’s one thing we want to see out of him. We want to see him grow. T.J. has been great. T.J. is growing up in front of our eyes as a basketball player and as a person. You see the maturity coming. You see his game growing right in front of you. Once he gets his rhythm and hits those runners and touch shots, he’s going to be unstoppable.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/10/06/phoenix-suns-score-small-wins-preseason-loss-utah/91651364/
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#325 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#326 » by DRK » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Super excited for Warren this season. He doesnt get his name mentioned much around here because he doesnt have the marketability of Devin "Kobe" Booker, or the highlight plays of Chriss, but man TJ can flat out score that basketball from anywhere on the court. Having two wings in Book and TJ who can create shots out of nothing is going to be great.

Will not be surprised if it is TJ and not Booker who averages 20 this season
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#327 » by NTB » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm excited for TJ not because of his scoring but his improved defense. If he can continue to defend players like in this preseason, we might become a serious contender for playoffs.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#328 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Read on Twitter
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#329 » by NTB » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#330 » by gaspar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:25 am

Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#331 » by Ryu » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:30 am

Frank Lee said couple of days ago how TJ is overrated among Suns` fans. Well, actually Warren is so underrated in the NBA circles right now it`s unbelieveable. That guy is so smooth and natural on the court and has limitless offensive arsenal, pure joy to watch.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#332 » by ATTL » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:49 am

He's improved a lot since coming into the league. Very happy to see him as our starting 3 and think he can be a good 2nd option on our future playoff teams.
Hesh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#333 » by Hesh » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:39 am

Alot of people here were beginning to forget about warren and attaching his name in trade proposals like he was a "throw in" to make a deal happen :nonono: He does have some flaws but he seems to be someone who is coachable and will give 110% even if it means taking himself out of his comfort zone to apply himself in other areas
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#334 » by kennydorglas » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 am

Pretty much everyone here knew he could score on anyone.
What is impressing me is his rebounding ability (especially for def reb)
He's crashing them HARD.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#335 » by LukasBMW » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:18 am

We have our 2 & 3 of the future. Better budget for 2 max extensions. I ain't playing!
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#336 » by sunskerr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:12 am

TJ now back in our hearts. We already knew he was capable of this but a lot of us (i.e. me) soured on him unfairly after he was injured for a while.

I love watching him because he knows where to be at all times on offense. He is almost never out of position. That highlight video of his 30 also showed him using some more dribble moves which to me is new. Hope he can keep it up.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#337 » by Zelaznyrules » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:19 am

LukasBMW wrote:We have our 2 & 3 of the future. Better budget for 2 max extensions. I ain't playing!

I could see Warren being our 4 of the future depending on who we have playing the 5. Anyway, I think we have a core of Ulis, Booker, Warren, Chriss and Bender that might eventually work as our starting lineup too and we might need more than 2 max extensions when they all come of age.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#338 » by GimmeDat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:24 am

Great to see Warren doing well. A couple of questions - is he a 3 or a 4? Does he have a 3 ball now? And has his defense improved?

Going in to this season, I felt Warren's scoring ability was obvious, but I questioned whether he was the guy you want next to Booker, mainly for defensive reasons. If his defense really has improved, you may well have your future wing combo for years to come.

With two high ceiling PF prospects coming through the ranks and an upcoming draft with an abundance of great PG talent in the lottery, things could pan out well.

Whether Len's the answer at C going forward or not I'm not sure, you've seen a lot more of him than I have, but that's obviously a crossroads your at right now. Personally, I'd lean towards rolling with him going forward. He may not consistently live up to his potential, but he seems like a very solid, big C, and they're not dime a dozen. Ideally, once all the pieces start falling in to place, he's not a main option anyway.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#339 » by darealjuice » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:12 am

GimmeDat wrote:Great to see Warren doing well. A couple of questions - is he a 3 or a 4? Does he have a 3 ball now? And has his defense improved?

Going in to this season, I felt Warren's scoring ability was obvious, but I questioned whether he was the guy you want next to Booker, mainly for defensive reasons. If his defense really has improved, you may well have your future wing combo for years to come.

With two high ceiling PF prospects coming through the ranks and an upcoming draft with an abundance of great PG talent in the lottery, things could pan out well.

Whether Len's the answer at C going forward or not I'm not sure, you've seen a lot more of him than I have, but that's obviously a crossroads your at right now. Personally, I'd lean towards rolling with him going forward. He may not consistently live up to his potential, but he seems like a very solid, big C, and they're not dime a dozen. Ideally, once all the pieces start falling in to place, he's not a main option anyway.

He's supposedly grown a bit since we drafted him, so he plays a bit of 3 and a bit of 4. I feel like it depends a bit on who he'll be matched up on offense, but he'll primarily be a 3. His defense isn't lights out or anything, but he gets his hands into the passing lanes and has been a lot more active on the defensive end this year. I'm pretty sure he actually leads the league in tipped passes this year.

I think Len has a great frame and all the athleticism to be a good center, but he just sucks at basketball. He's got no touch around the rim, zero post game, and just doesn't have a positive impact on defense. I'd prefer that he broke out and we could rely on him to be good for the future, but I don't like the money we'll likely have to pay him to stay here, so I'd rather let him go and trade for a younger center than can fill the role.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#340 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:58 am

darealjuice wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Great to see Warren doing well. A couple of questions - is he a 3 or a 4? Does he have a 3 ball now? And has his defense improved?

He's supposedly grown a bit since we drafted him, so he plays a bit of 3 and a bit of 4. I feel like it depends a bit on who he'll be matched up on offense, but he'll primarily be a 3. His defense isn't lights out or anything, but he gets his hands into the passing lanes and has been a lot more active on the defensive end this year. I'm pretty sure he actually leads the league in tipped passes this year.

I think Len has a great frame and all the athleticism to be a good center, but he just sucks at basketball. He's got no touch around the rim, zero post game, and just doesn't have a positive impact on defense. I'd prefer that he broke out and we could rely on him to be good for the future, but I don't like the money we'll likely have to pay him to stay here, so I'd rather let him go and trade for a younger center than can fill the role.

I doubt Len is going to get the huge money. His play is evident to everyone in the league. He will have to step it up to get a deal over 11-12 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Phoenix Suns