Re: GAME 1: LA Lakers @ Phoenix Suns 

Post#21 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 am

Should be ez.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#22 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 am

They will be tired from the night before.

Our 3 headed dragon will run them out of the building.

I bet we win by 20.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#23 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:44 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:The Lakers start the season with a back to back....They will play us after they play the Rockets the night before.

Easy win. 8-)

They have a fairly young team so a back to back is a blessing to them.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#24 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 am

SunsReadyToRoll wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:The Lakers start the season with a back to back....They will play us after they play the Rockets the night before.

Easy win. 8-)

Hope WJ turns the ball over 8 times again.... :lol:

On a side note we have to get our turnovers under control.

There is nothing worse then a turnover in sports IMO. We would have beat the Clippers if we didn't turn the ball over a million times.

Any1 see that 3rd quarter? Holy mother of god. We basically gave them them ball every time down the court,
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#25 » by phrazbit » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:14 am

SunsReadyToRoll wrote:

Easy win. 8-)

Not really... its not like their foe is under the same condition. Playing, then flying, then playing again all in under 24 hours is never a blessing, sure it effects old teams worse than young teams but its not a good thing for any team.

Also... the Lakers are not particularly young to begin with. Their youngest starter is Lin at 26, and he might not even start, if Price starts over him then the Lakers will be starting 3 guys over 30 years old. The only guy on their entire roster that qualifies as "young talent" in NBA years is Randle.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#26 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:19 am

phrazbit wrote:
SunsReadyToRoll wrote:

Easy win. 8-)

Not really... its not like their foe is under the same condition. Playing, then flying, then playing again all in under 24 hours is never a blessing, sure it effects old teams worse than young teams but its not a good thing for any team.

Also... the Lakers are not particularly young to begin with. Their youngest starter is Lin at 26, and he might not even start, if Price starts over him then the Lakers will be starting 3 guys over 30 years old. The only guy on their entire roster that qualifies as "young talent" in NBA years is Randle.

I was making a joke about them being young hoping you would catch it. B2b will be extremely difficult for Kobe
and Boozer.
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#27 » by phrazbit » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am

SunsReadyToRoll wrote:
phrazbit wrote:
SunsReadyToRoll wrote:

I was making a joke about them being young hoping you would catch it. B2b will be extremely difficult for Kobe
and Boozer.

Gotchya. Sarcasm is hard to detect when it comes to opinions on the Lakers, occasionally non-Laker fans seem to buy their hype. You read their board and their fans are under the impression Kobe is going to "tutor all these kids", and they are hard to project because of all their youth. What kids? What youth? Apparently Wes Johnson and Nick Young are still up and comers are 27 and 29 years old.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#28 » by TASTIC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:38 am

I took the day off work for this one.

Game starts at like 3am my time so I'll hides scores and watch after breakfast, can't wait!!
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#29 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 pm

At last, season kicks off (and so does the fantasy one :D ). Go SUNS!
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,702

Post#30 » by Qwigglez » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I hope Kobe drops 40 and we still win by 20 (has nothing to do with Kobe being on my fantasy team).
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#31 » by Zelaznyrules » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Qwigglez wrote:I hope Kobe drops 40 and we still win by 20 (has nothing to do with Kobe being on my fantasy team).

I hope Kobe Drops 4 and we still win by 200 (has nothing to do with Kobe being a Laker).

This is the kind of team that we always tend to fall asleep on. Green and Markieff both tend to lose focus against weaker opponents. We're not good enough to take anyone for granted. Let's face it, we lost to an even worse Lakers team last season.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,437

Post#32 » by BurningHeart » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Why the **** would you want Kobe Bryant to "drop 40" on your favorite team?

I hope he gets a stomach bug and is forced to "drop" his pants and take violent **** in the locker room all game.

I hate the fantasy sports-ification of sports. Ugh. People tweet me about why Andre Johnson doesn't get touchdowns or something similar. It's like, "bitch, I don't give a **** about any goddamn fantasy team so long as my teams in real life, you know, win."
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#33 » by Revived » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:54 am

Anyone who wonders why Andre Johnson doesn't score a lot of TDs probably doesn't understand the concept that all recievers need a quarterback who can actually get em the ball.
Maystack
Senior
And1: 184

Post#34 » by Maystack » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:28 pm

TASTIC wrote:I took the day off work for this one.

Game starts at like 3am my time so I'll hides scores and watch after breakfast, can't wait!!

I agreed to go in to work on Thursday before remembering that the game is on. Still gonna stay up and watch it, I'm sure I can get enough sleep...
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#35 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:20 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:Should be ez.

Famous last words. If you take games as easy, you lose. It looks like Kobe is back. Anything can happen.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#36 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:36 pm

SF88 wrote:Anyone who wonders why Andre Johnson doesn't score a lot of TDs probably doesn't understand the concept that all recievers need a quarterback who can actually get em the ball.

And he can't go against Richard Marshall every game. (btw, did you see he was released?)
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#37 » by Revived » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SF88 wrote:Anyone who wonders why Andre Johnson doesn't score a lot of TDs probably doesn't understand the concept that all recievers need a quarterback who can actually get em the ball.

And he can't go against Richard Marshall every game. (btw, did you see he was released?)

Yes I feel like Christmas came early when I saw that. I'll go on the Chargers board right now to talk more about that with you.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,702

Post#38 » by Qwigglez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:32 am

BurningHeart wrote:Why the **** would you want Kobe Bryant to "drop 40" on your favorite team?

Kobe is fun to watch, lol.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#39 » by JTrain » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 am

Really trying to soak in these next 40-some hours. Good vibes, until about midway through the first quarter when we will be back at each other's throats arguing about who knows what. :)
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,437

Post#40 » by BurningHeart » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 am

Qwigglez wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:Why the **** would you want Kobe Bryant to "drop 40" on your favorite team?

Kobe is fun to watch, lol.

I'll be throwing a party the day he retires.

*crosses Qwigglez off guest list*

Return to Phoenix Suns