Around the NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1541 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Saberestar wrote:
DRK wrote:Houston needs a new coach. Thibs would be a good choice. They need to fix that defence first and foremost. Thibs coaching a team with Dwight Howards as their defensive anchor would be amazing. And Harden has shown he can be a great defender when he puts his mind to it.

I think that McHale is not a great coach, probably a decent one at best, but even with that I think their biggest problem is Lawson. Last year that team was in the WCF and McHale was there with a similar team....minus Lawson. He has changed the structure of the team and has played horrible basketball. He needs to come off the bench ASAP because Beberly is a better fit next to Harden and way better defensively.

If McHale continues to play Lawson big time minutes he probably will be fired in less than a month.

Done already.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1542 » by bigfoot » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:58 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Also, fun fact: There are 4 teams in the NBA with ranked in the top 10 in Offensive and Defensive rating this season: Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland and your Phoenix Suns. It's early and we've played some **** teams, but it's still a fun fact.

Interesting I was looking at those same stats earlier this morning. Popped them into a spreadsheet so I could look at the ranked offensive - defensive efficiency. GSW and Spurs where both double digit differential and ranked one and two. Utah had a better differential than us but not in the top 10 for offensive efficiency. We are definitely a top 8-12 team in the league based on these numbers. Also it showed how miserable Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans are. They were in the bottom five. The funny thing is the east was well represented with the Miami, Cavs, Boston, Toronto, and Atlanta all in the top 10. Maybe the league is starting to balance finally.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#1543 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:05 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Also, fun fact: There are 4 teams in the NBA with ranked in the top 10 in Offensive and Defensive rating this season: Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland and your Phoenix Suns. It's early and we've played some **** teams, but it's still a fun fact

Guess which of those other four teams have played **** teams so far? All of them.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,486

Post#1544 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Golden State dodging a bullet by not playing OKC or San Antonio until January 25th, which would be their 45th game of the season. Not saying they'd easily be 45-0 until they play one of them but probably 39-5 until facing the Spurs. Pretty weird playing more than half of season before meeting those two teams.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,823

Post#1545 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:42 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
DRK wrote:Houston needs a new coach. Thibs would be a good choice. They need to fix that defence first and foremost. Thibs coaching a team with Dwight Howards as their defensive anchor would be amazing. And Harden has shown he can be a great defender when he puts his mind to it.

I think that McHale is not a great coach, probably a decent one at best, but even with that I think their biggest problem is Lawson. Last year that team was in the WCF and McHale was there with a similar team....minus Lawson. He has changed the structure of the team and has played horrible basketball. He needs to come off the bench ASAP because Beberly is a better fit next to Harden and way better defensively.

If McHale continues to play Lawson big time minutes he probably will be fired in less than a month.

Done already.

:lol: :lol:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1546 » by TeamTragic » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:58 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Done already.

R U A WIZARD? :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1547 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:28 am

Damn if somehow the TWolves end up with the 13th or 14th pick, or make the playoffs, we will have traded that pick for half a season of Brandan Wright.

I mean it seems crazy, but they've already beaten the Bulls, Heat and Hawks all ON THE ROAD.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,700

Post#1548 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 am

Man it's crazy that Porzingis is actually playing extremely well! I like watching him play. I wish Len had that little shimme shake that Porzingis did on Frank the Tank. Actually, I just wish Len had the confidence in the post to do what Porzingis is doing. To me it's all about confidence.
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#1549 » by Sunsss » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:04 am

Qwigglez wrote:Man it's crazy that Porzingis is actually playing extremely well! I like watching him play. I wish Len had that little shimme shake that Porzingis did on Frank the Tank. Actually, I just wish Len had the confidence in the post to do what Porzingis is doing. To me it's all about confidence.

He doesn't show any emotion at all, so I don't know how much confidence he has. Although he isn't shy of taking jumpers.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1550 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:25 am

What a crazy Clips/Warriors game that must have been. I didn't watch it, but looking at the stats, Paul actually overall had a little better numbers than Curry, but of course most of that was early. Amazing they came back.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#1551 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:27 am

bwgood77 wrote:What a crazy Clips/Warriors game that must have been. I didn't watch it, but looking at the stats, Paul actually overall had a little better numbers than Curry, but of course most of that was early. Amazing they came back.

Watched it. I honestly do not know how Golden State is going to lose. Clips played a fantastic game, but Golden State just turned superhuman...... After seeing this game, 82-0 does not look like an impossibility.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1552 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:What a crazy Clips/Warriors game that must have been. I didn't watch it, but looking at the stats, Paul actually overall had a little better numbers than Curry, but of course most of that was early. Amazing they came back.

Watched it. I honestly do not know how Golden State is going to lose. Clips played a fantastic game, but Golden State just turned superhuman...... After seeing this game, 82-0 does not look like an impossibility.

I figured it...even though the box slightly favors Paul, Curry does it all when it really counts.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#1553 » by NTB » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 am

They are just amazing.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#1554 » by Christine-In-AZ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:45 am

The Golden State Warriors from 1995 through 2012 (18 seasons) made the playoffs but one time ('07). Despite nearly a generation of lowlights & frustration their fans remained ...well? Fanatic.

If any franchise/fanbase "deserves" this high level of play and success it's the Warriors and Oakland/East Bay

-Me (NBA fan -year 46)
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#1555 » by letsgosuns » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:36 am

Did you guys hear how loud the Warriors fans were at the end of the game tonight? The game was in LA. And after the Warriors took the lead late in the game, Reggie Miller said this is starting to sound like a Warriors home game. It is one thing for a team like the Suns under their circumstances to not have good home support. But to have that happen to a Clippers team that supposedly is a championship contender is inexcusable.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1556 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:49 pm

When they are already talking about who will replace you, you are as good as gone.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239919/Report-Ranadive-Has-Interest-In-Nancy-Lieberman-As-Interim-If-George-Karl-Fired
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#1557 » by rsavaj » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:50 am

For all the "omg more like McDUNGOOFED!" talk re getting rid of Mook Morris a few weeks ago, let's check out how he's playing through 11 games:

per-36, 13.9 ppg on 38% FG shooting, 27% from three, 73% from the line.

Trololololo
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1558 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:32 am

And, Portland beats the Clippers tonight....with the Clippers starters playing...and of course the Pels beat the Spurs.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#1559 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:02 am

The dream is alive! Golden State is 14-0, two more wins, get the record and then the Suns break their streak. :pray:
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,486

Post#1560 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:31 am

The only way I can see Golden State beating Bulls record is if they lose 2 games at home. Even going 34-7 on the road is insane but with this Warriors team is possible.

Return to Phoenix Suns