ImageImageImage

Game 9: Charlotte Hornets (3-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-3)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 640

Re: Game 9: Charlotte Hornets (3-5) @ Phoenix Suns (5-3) 

Post#121 » by Sunlight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:31 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
If Tolliver was never inserted, we never lose our lead. He gave hornets all the points they wanted and gave them life.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Big faith that McD and Horny read this. Never should suit Suns shirt anymore.
Marz11
Junior
And1: 125

Post#122 » by Marz11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:34 am

So far, there is a pattern of the Suns bench being either amazing or really bad. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground because it depends on two streaky chuckers who are poor defensively. Tolliver needs to give this team something otherwise it is pot luck on Green and Thomas hitting difficult shots.

A 4 guard rotation of IT, Goran, Bled and Green ends up putting at least two guys out of rythym because of disjointed playing time. Last years 3 guard rotation worked much better IMO. More predictable, consistent and chemistry will be maintained. For me, Green should still be traded for some frontline help.

Give it 20 games and if we are still a .500 team then Warren, Archie and Ennis need to start getting court time because it would be a lose/lose season if we just miss the play offs and those guys don't develop... or this stage, even play at all.

Warren should already be playing. Would have been useful in this game given how Charlotte slowed the tempo and locked us down.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#123 » by Blackification » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 am

tj warren is a monster
Sunlight
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by Sunlight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:47 am

why Dragic has lower 2 and 3 point procents than last year?

1. No Frye -> less base to shoot threes
2.Thomas keep ball -> less drives and speed stop jumpers
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#125 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 am

Let's go Lakers!

DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#126 » by DRK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:56 am

Marz11 wrote:f\
A 4 guard rotation of IT, Goran, Bled and Green ends up putting at least two guys out of rythym because of disjointed playing time. Last years 3 guard rotation worked much better IMO. More predictable, consistent and chemistry will be maintained. For me, Green should still be traded for some frontline help.

This. Except I wouldnt trade Green or Dragic.

But I whole heartedly agree with the notion that the rhythm of the players can be affected.

It doesnt help that Bledsoe and IT both play quite selfishly and our system doesnt promote ball movement.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Sunlight
Bench Warmer

Post#127 » by Sunlight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

Dragic/Thomas
Bledsoe/Tucker
Green/Warren
Kieff/Mook
Plumlee/Len

-> playoffs
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#128 » by BurningHeart » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

You can't be an offensive team and shoot as consistently awful as we have been.

We have to get better, more consistent shooting. Otherwise none of this works.

43%? Really? 20-whatever from three? Really? Get the hell outta here with this TRASH.

Of course, when you rely on an inconsistent loser like Gerald Green to be your main offensive spark, you're doomed from the start.

Our entire existence is a **** coinflip at this point. And this team doesn't act like a team that is coached by Jeff Hornacek should. We do the dumbest things possible. It's because our team is full of low IQ players. Why are you shooting threes when you have the lead down to 6 and 4 with two minutes left? Are you kidding me?
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#129 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:02 am

Sunlight wrote:Dragic/Thomas
Bledsoe/Tucker
Green/Warren
Kieff/Mook
Plumlee/Len

-> playoffs

I love it.

DRK
RealGM

Post#130 » by DRK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:05 am

BurningHeart wrote:
Of course, when you rely on an inconsistent loser like Gerald Green to be your main offensive spark, you're doomed from the start.

Yes because yanking Green after 7 minutes is "relying" on him. Its hard to get into a rhythm when you dont know if youre getting 5 or thirty minutes from one game to the next.

This is funny. You're always talking trash about sports fans "overeacting," but here you are doing exactly the same thing. Green saved our sorry ass many times last year, but he has one bad game and suddenly he's public enermy number 1.

:noway: :noway:
DRK
RealGM

Post#131 » by DRK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:06 am

Sunlight wrote:Dragic/Thomas
Bledsoe/Tucker
Green/Warren
Kieff/Mook
Plumlee/Len

-> playoffs

This team is not where near playoffs if Plumlee is our starting center man.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#132 » by BurningHeart » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:13 am

DRK wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:

Yes because yanking Green after 7 minutes is "relying" on him. Its hard to get into a rhythm when you dont know if youre getting 5 or thirty minutes from one game to the next.

This is funny. You're always talking trash about sports fans "overeacting," but here you are doing exactly the same thing. Green saved our sorry ass many times last year, but he has one bad game and suddenly he's public enermy number 1.

Green does extremely dumb things even when he's saving us. I've talked about it constantly throughout his tenure here. To claim it's just one instance is absolutely asinine. Green is an erratic player who gets hot while doing stupid **** regardless because he has an extremely low basketball IQ. To expect him to fill the stat sheet is ridiculous, and if we're bringing him in expecting him to get the team going, more often than not we'll end up disappointed.
DRK
RealGM

Post#133 » by DRK » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:17 am

BurningHeart wrote:
DRK wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:

Green does extremely dumb things even when he's saving us. I've talked about it constantly throughout his tenure here. To claim it's just one instance is absolutely asinine. Green is an erratic player who gets hot while doing stupid **** regardless because he has an extremely low basketball IQ. To expect him to fill the stat sheet is ridiculous, and if we're bringing him in expecting him to get the team going, more often than not we'll end up disappointed.

Point taken. But right now he's our best three point shooter on the team by a MILE.

In our fast paced, perimeter shooting-reliant offence....if you can even call it an offence right now, (I prefer the term "mess".) having our best three point shooter and most athletic player play only 7 minutes in a game is just as asinine.
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#134 » by letsgosuns » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:23 am

This Suns team is so flawed. The abundance of guards while having no quality big men is awful. Plus, this is exactly what I was worried about with Gerald Green. He is incredibly important to the team's success. When he is on, the Suns keep him in. If he is cold, Hornacek yanks him out of the game. I hate it. It is like they give Green 3-4 minutes to come in and see if he is hot. If he is, he stays, if not, he sits down. That is no way to play him. In his previous two games he had 19 points in 19 minutes and then 28 points in 27 minutes. Tonight he played a total of 8 minutes. 8 damn minutes. It is not like he is a rookie and deserves no respect. Hornacek needs to play him 20 minutes a night somehow. I would rather have him out there instead of Marcus. In fact, I hate that Marcus is the starting small forward. I also have completely lost faith in Plumlee. He is playing terrible. Seems so hesitant every time he shoots, is getting out-muscled inside, and playing bad defense. I used to a big proponent of him last year and thought he would improve but he has been a major disappointment. Too bad.
Sunsfansince96
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#135 » by Sunsfansince96 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:31 am

Is it just me or is the pace this season seriously lacking? Haven't been keeping track of the stats but it seems we should be running more with a trio of talented PGs...

JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#136 » by JTrain » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:15 am

Did we just lose to the **** Charlotte Hornets? ****. #drunk

Sent from my SCH-R970 using RealGM Forums mobile app
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Post#137 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:18 am

DRK wrote:
Point taken. But right now he's our best three point shooter on the team by a MILE.

In our fast paced, perimeter shooting-reliant offence....if you can even call it an offence right now, (I prefer the term "mess".) having our best three point shooter and most athletic player play only 7 minutes in a game is just as asinine.

Let's conveniently forget that he went 0-6 in those 7 minutes, and that this is only the second game in which he played less than 19 minutes (the other one he played 14).
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,484

Post#138 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:52 am

JTrain wrote:Did we just lose to the **** Charlotte Hornets? ****. #drunk

Yep, the Charlotte Hornets team that will either be 7th or 8 seed and make the playoffs.
mybloodisorange
Rookie
And1: 66

Post#139 » by mybloodisorange » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:13 am

Marz11 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Warren with 20 first half points in the D-league

Could have used him in this game.

He, Ennis and Goodwin are going to rot away this season.

One more reason we need to move Bledsoe...
Everybody dies but not everybody truly lives.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Post#140 » by Revived » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:58 am

SunsReadyToRoll wrote:
JTrain wrote:Did we just lose to the **** Charlotte Hornets? ****. #drunk

Yep, the Charlotte Hornets team that will either be 7th or 8 seed and make the playoffs.

Only in the East lmao, they wouldn't even be able to spell p-l-a-y-o-f-f-s if they were in the West.

Return to Phoenix Suns