ImageImageImage

Bakersfield Jam

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Bakersfield Jam 

Post#21 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 pm

JTrain wrote:D-League hasn't really been around for that long. It's only been the full size it is now since 2006. The reason you won't see that many big players there is that all the top five draft picks play for awful teams, so they can already start or play big minutes there. But Gerald, Danny Green and Lin played in the D-League. And I think you'll continue to see more and more guys drafted in the lower first round make short stints there. Especially for teams like the Suns who now have their own team.

I agree. As teams figure out how to use the d-league better and more 19 year olds are drafted, it becomes a great place to hone skills and get minutes. But the NBA team has to have exclusive control over the team and the coaching to make it work right.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#22 » by TASTIC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Send Tucker down there, tell him to learn to be a goddamn professional.

In this day and age he has ZERO excuses to not make a friggin plane...

The crazy thing is - and this is a badge for him - is that he would accept it and bust his arse down there.

I love his commitment and drive...but there's something about him that flashes 'WARNING' to me.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#23 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:00 pm

TASTIC wrote:Send Tucker down there, tell him to learn to be a goddamn professional.

The crazy thing is - and this is a badge for him - is that he would accept it and bust his arse down there.

I love his commitment and drive...but there's something about him that flashes 'WARNING' to me.

Rodman was an extreme form of what Tucker seems like to me. Has real issues off the court, but once he is on the court, no matter where it is, he just works his butt off.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#24 » by RunDogGun » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 pm

TASTIC wrote:Send Tucker down there, tell him to learn to be a goddamn professional.

He made the plane, he just didn't catch the team bus to the airport. So as a team rule, he sat out the game. Hopefully missing that bus had nothing to do with drinking, for that would set off huge red flags.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#25 » by RunDogGun » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:10 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
JTrain wrote:D-League hasn't really been around for that long. It's only been the full size it is now since 2006. The reason you won't see that many big players there is that all the top five draft picks play for awful teams, so they can already start or play big minutes there. But Gerald, Danny Green and Lin played in the D-League. And I think you'll continue to see more and more guys drafted in the lower first round make short stints there. Especially for teams like the Suns who now have their own team.

I agree. As teams figure out how to use the d-league better and more 19 year olds are drafted, it becomes a great place to hone skills and get minutes. But the NBA team has to have exclusive control over the team and the coaching to make it work right.

I don't think they have to have that much control of the Dteam, as long as they keep bringing the guy(s) back into the NBA team fold enough to learn the system. Many of these guys just need strong fundamental skills. So I guess you just hope they have good coaches, who themselves are trying to work their way up to the show.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by TASTIC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:

Rodman was an extreme form of what Tucker seems like to me. Has real issues off the court, but once he is on the court, no matter where it is, he just works his butt off.

Rodman was also the greatest pound-for-pound rebounder of all time as well as a lockdown defender...Tucker isn't exactly elite, I mean he is a solid role player who works his tail off - but I'm not sold he's worth $5m per for the next 3 years - especially with Warren looking for minutes.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#27 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Have you ever been in LA traffic? It's basically always rush hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using RealGM Forums mobile app
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,638

Post#28 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I took it as he slept in. Which is very unprofessional but hey, everyone has one of those days.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#29 » by bigfoot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:37 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

I don't think they have to have that much control of the Dteam, as long as they keep bringing the guy(s) back into the NBA team fold enough to learn the system. Many of these guys just need strong fundamental skills. So I guess you just hope they have good coaches, who themselves are trying to work their way up to the show.

Actually I was listening to a Horny interview last week and they run the Suns system in Bakersfield. The Suns chose the coach and he worked with the Suns team during training camp in October. Several of the Jam's players were on the Suns preseason roster including Earl Barron, Joe Jackson, Casey Prather, and Jamil Wilson.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#30 » by bigfoot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:43 pm

TASTIC wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Rodman was also the greatest pound-for-pound rebounder of all time as well as a lockdown defender...Tucker isn't exactly elite, I mean he is a solid role player who works his tail off - but I'm not sold he's worth $5m per for the next 3 years - especially with Warren looking for minutes.

Yeah I've cooled off on Tucker somewhat. Missing 4 of 11 games for plain old stupidity is a problem. In the third year it is only a 1.5 mil hit if we waive him. Still think his contract is an easy trade to a playoff team that needs a good defender if our season starts heading south. Right now I would prefer Tolliver's minutes to be eliminated and given to TJ by putting PJ or Marcus at PF.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by TASTIC » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am

If the Clips keep struggling...would they consider a Miles/Tucker for Hawes OR Jordan swap?

Would be interesting for both teams wouldn't it?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#32 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 pm

TASTIC wrote:If the Clips keep struggling...would they consider a Miles/Tucker for Hawes OR Jordan swap?

Thought about a trade for hawes the other day but after the fleecing they got last time, don't think they want to negotiate with McD any time soon.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by TASTIC » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:If the Clips keep struggling...would they consider a Miles/Tucker for Hawes OR Jordan swap?

Thought about a trade for hawes the other day but after the fleecing they got last time, don't think they want to negotiate with McD any time soon.

What could go wrong - slightly overpriced, unathletic, erratic offensively, team heart and soul, glue guy? haha

Sounds almost like a Dud...
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#34 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:58 am

TASTIC wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

What could go wrong - slightly overpriced, unathletic, erratic offensively, team heart and soul, glue guy? haha

Sounds almost like a Dud...

Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#35 » by Flying Colors » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 am

jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#36 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Odd game from Warren. Its almost like someone said, "We're going to Archie this game, we really don't want you to score. Why don't you show us if you can rebound?"
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#37 » by phx#7 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Flying Colors wrote:Bump for the Young Suns

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20141226/BAKCTN/

All I can think about when looking at that box score is:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREGbLdOzfg[/youtube]
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#38 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Having watched most of that awful game, I don't think they told Warren to focus on anything. He looked like he was playing in mud. He didn't run. The whole game he didn't run. Not once. Didn't get back on D, didn't run on offense. He was just... there. 180 degrees from the guy we saw in Summer League.

Maybe they did tell him to take a back seat. Or maybe he's sick of the back seat. Maybe he thinks he'll be moved. I have no idea.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#39 » by Saberestar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Rookie small forward T.J. Warren missed his only two shots and scored one point in 26 minutes but grabbed 10 rebounds.

Clearly, he doesn't want to play more games in the D-League. He proved that he can put 40 points per game in that league with a 60% shooting and he can play in the NBA right now. He seems frustrated.

Hopefully he is strong mentally and he plays better and focused in the next game.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#40 » by Blackification » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:43 am

So apparently in the second game Warren played well and Goodwin didn't? Did anyone watch?

I don't know but if I had to choose between the two i'm picking Warren without question. I haven't been impressed by Archie like a lot of people have been. I can see that he has potential but i'm just not seeing any improvement, especially in comparison to Len.

Return to Phoenix Suns