ImageImageImage

Draft Thread: Who do you want with the 13th pick? Stanley Johnson and WCS added..change votes if you want

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which three guys would you most like to draft if they are there at 13?

Kevon Looney
11%
Devin Booker
9%
Myles Turner
18%
Frank Kaminsky
23%
Trey Lyles
6%
Bobby Portis
7%
Willie Cauley-Stein
9%
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
4%
Stanley Johnson
8%
Montrezl Harrell
4%

Total votes: 208

BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Re: Offical Draft Thread: What should we do with the 13/14th pick and 43/44th pick? 

Post#261 » by BullsFTW » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:05 am

Would you guys be interested?

Bulls Get: #13
Suns Get: Taj Gibson & #21
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Re: Offical Draft Thread: What should we do with the 13/14th pick and 43/44th pick? 

Post#262 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 am

BullsFTW wrote:Would you guys be interested?

I would. Taj is probably better than most people we could get at 13 IMO and the 21st pick gives us a chance to grab a boom or bust player, which is what we'd probably pick at 13 anyways.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#263 » by BullsFTW » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

I would. Taj is probably better than most people we could get at 13 IMO and the 21st pick gives us a chance to grab a boom or bust player, which is what we'd probably pick at 13 anyways.

Taj is a very solid player and great defender as well. However, Mirotic would need minutes next year at PF. He is our future PF.

The Bulls with the 13th Pick can draft a young C like Jakob Poeltl that can grow under Noah.

I think Taj will do well in Phoenix.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#264 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:37 am

I probably would only think about pulling the trigger on that deal under two cirumstances. I'd have to have a deal in place to deal the Morris twins for something worthwhile AND I would probably not pull the trigger until I saw who was there at 13.

If we keep the twins, there is no reason to trade a lottery pick for Taj. Some think he's an upgrade from Kief, and maybe he is, but if you are going to be a premier team, those guys are probably best suited for backups. I think both could start IF surrounded by a bunch of studs, because they are both solid, but they are kind of redundant to some extent.

Plus, there are a bunch of guys I would love to get that could be there at 13 (Looney, Lyles, Turner, and maybe Portis if he changes his mind) that it would be tough to move down. Who do YOU like at 13?
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#265 » by Mr-Al » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:38 am

BullsFTW wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Taj is a very solid player and great defender as well. However, Mirotic would need minutes next year at PF. He is our future PF.

The Bulls with the 13th Pick can draft a young C like Jakob Poeltl that can grow under Noah.

I think Taj will do well in Phoenix.

No way is Taj worth the 13th pick

I trust the Suns FO drafting prowess too much to lose whatever TJ Warren-ish caliber player for some relatively old, backup PF

I like Taj a lot, I like his fire and I think he's a great defender/locker room guy

But he's no where close to a difference maker on the Suns

we need a young PF of the future, like a Noah Vonleh or a Mirotic

not another above-average bench PF like Kieff and Taj

We'll trade you Bledsoe for Mirotic/contract filler if you want
In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Post#266 » by In Len We Trust » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:51 am

Absolutely. Then I'd trade the Morris twins.
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#267 » by letsgosuns » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:07 am

Taj Gibson is too old to trade the 13th pick for. He is turning 30 in June. That is way older than the age of players the Suns are building around. There is usually a pretty big talent difference too between the 13th and 21st picks. I would rather the Suns package the 13th pick and the Morris brothers or something else (not Len, Goodwin, or Warren) for a higher pick in the draft assuming the Suns do not get a top 3 pick.
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#268 » by Mr-Al » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 am

letsgosuns wrote:Taj Gibson is too old to trade the 13th pick for. He is turning 30 in June. That is way older than the age of players the Suns are building around. There is usually a pretty big talent difference too between the 13th and 21st picks. I would rather the Suns package the 13th pick and the Morris brothers or something else (not Len, Goodwin, or Warren) for a higher pick in the draft assuming the Suns do not get a top 3 pick.

exactly on point.

getting Taj would be absolutely pointless
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#269 » by BullsFTW » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I probably would only think about pulling the trigger on that deal under two cirumstances. I'd have to have a deal in place to deal the Morris twins for something worthwhile AND I would probably not pull the trigger until I saw who was there at 13.

If we keep the twins, there is no reason to trade a lottery pick for Taj. Some think he's an upgrade from Kief, and maybe he is, but if you are going to be a premier team, those guys are probably best suited for backups. I think both could start IF surrounded by a bunch of studs, because they are both solid, but they are kind of redundant to some extent.

Plus, there are a bunch of guys I would love to get that could be there at 13 (Looney, Lyles, Turner, and maybe Portis if he changes his mind) that it would be tough to move down. Who do YOU like at 13?

I believe the Bulls need to draft a young center who's a solid rim protector. A center who can learn under Noah and grow with Mirotic. Two players I like are Jakob Poeltl and Willie Cauley-Stein.
MrMiyagi

Post#270 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 am

BullsFTW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I believe the Bulls need to draft a young center who's a solid rim protector. A center who can learn under Noah and grow with Mirotic. Two players I like are Jakob Poeltl and Willie Cauley-Stein.

Hate to break it to you, but no way Cauley-Stein drops to 13. If he does, I'd take him in a heart beat.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#271 » by BullsFTW » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but no way Cauley-Stein drops to 13. If he does, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Oh I agree. He'll probably end up in the Top 8.

But I'll be satisfied with Jakob Poeltl. Just really like the way he plays as a true center.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#272 » by DRK » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:43 pm

"With the 6th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76-er's (via Phoenix) select: Stanley Johnson!!!!""
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#273 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 pm

DRK wrote:"With the 6th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76-er's (via Phoenix) select: Stanley Johnson!!!!""

I wonder if he will go that high. He's as high as six in some mocks, but I think Winslow is probably better, and likely Porzingis and Hezonja as well, though I don't know those guys as well. Though I do love Stanley too. I will hate to see it if Philly gets that pick though.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#274 » by King4Day » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:33 pm

DRK wrote:"With the 6th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76-er's (via Phoenix) select: Stanley Johnson!!!!""

Part of me hopes that pick turns into a 4 or 5 since we don't have it anymore, but on the flip side, imagine this disaster of a season for the Lakers and nothing to show for it? A high pick helps them rebuild quicker.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#275 » by kennydorglas » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:13 pm

People are still thinking that ****' LA will lose a high pick in the 'lottery'
Keep dreamin', guys
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
MrMiyagi

Post#276 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:21 pm

DRK wrote:"With the 1st pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select: Karl Anthony Towns!!!!""

Fixed it for you.
Safety Pickle
Senior
And1: 222

Post#277 » by Safety Pickle » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Might as well let it go and just forget we had the pick at all. No reason to worry about where it lands and who gets it
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#278 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:45 pm

Safety Pickle wrote:

Might as well let it go and just forget we had the pick at all. No reason to worry about where it lands and who gets it

Just so hard to do. "What could have been" is addictive.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#279 » by JohnWall2 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:07 am

As much as I like Taj Gibson and feel he would add something which we are lacking - a rugged tough defender - the fact he is turning 30 this year puts me off. If he was 4-5 years younger then I would pull the trigger on that trade getting a proven nba player plus a lower first round pick to take a flier on someone. We already have enough young guys who need mins with guys like Warren, Goodwin and Len so getting a guy like Taj would have been good, aside from the age thing. Not a good long term investment.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#280 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Apr 1, 2015 2:02 pm

I say we draft Rudy Gobert.

Return to Phoenix Suns