ImageImageImage

Earl Barron

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Earl Barron 

Post#1 » by In Len We Trust » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:04 pm

What are your thoughts on him right now? Some people complained when we signed him, but for a 10 day contract I think he's a home run. I would love to see him on this team the rest of the year no doubt.

All. Season. Long. No really, all season long I have been saying that Barron is way better than the travesty that is Miles Plumlee(THANK GOD HES GONE!!!!). He has a very dependable 10-15 foot jumper, fights hard for rebounds, plays aggressive on D, has high bball IQ, can catch the ball, and doesn't ever really do anything at all to hurt your team. You can count on him to go out there and make a solid impact. Barron had a very good preseason, destroyed the D league, and is now helping us out in real NBA games.

I was at the game last night and had a good close view of the Suns bench. The guys love him. When he hit those jump shots Eric Bledsoe was going CRAZY on the bench! He was so excited and screaming which make PJ Tucker, Marcus Thornton and a couple other guys laugh their asses off. I can't really describe it but it was pretty funny. Everyone was stoked to see him play well.

I don't see any need to sign another player. Barron is a solid backup big man and I think we should give him about 10 minutes a game for the rest of the year.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Re: Earl Barron 

Post#2 » by rsavaj » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

He's really worked on his jumper. He couldn't hit anything during his last stint with us.
In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Post#3 » by In Len We Trust » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

He is way, way better now than he was during his last stint with us. I remember how impressed I was during the preseason. Nice jumper and he uses his body well.
tdjm
Sophomore
And1: 191

Post#4 » by tdjm » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Realistically, based on play, he earned that spot at the end of the bench in the preseason but they kept Shav instead because of his tiny expiring and guaranteed contract (ended up working out since they flipped him for Bullock for free).

I watch Jam games, and Barron was super easy to like there. He hustled like a madman, and him and Archie had amazing chemistry. They were both very adept at passing to each other. Plus, he's an incredible, incredible teammate. Always helping out guys in Bakersfield, dappin em up etc. When he did that 3 week stint in China, he would retweet Jam stuff and send out encouragement every night.

For all the people clamoring for a vet presence, Earl is that dude.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#5 » by RunDogGun » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm

I want to sign I'm for the rest of the year. Another dirt worker, with range......what's not to like?
Bobbyydee
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#6 » by Bobbyydee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:51 pm

He is way better than all knicks big ben. lol
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,724

Post#7 » by Qwigglez » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:14 pm

As long as he hustles and plays with energy. I hope it rubs off on the rest of the teammates though.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#8 » by Revived » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm

I like him, he's a decent backup C. I didn't know he could shoot, that was good to see.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#9 » by DRK » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 am

Earl is a grown ass man. Didnt have tbis sort of hustle in his last stint here. Hes matured alot and provides alot of much needed help and energy off the bench.

The man has earned his spot. Sign him for the rest of the season
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,617

Post#10 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 am

i like him a lot. hope he stays. way better to have him than any scrub
free steve nash!
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#11 » by JTrain » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:36 am

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I went horseback riding with Barron, but there weren't any horses around? Well, Barron throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Wouldn't you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles.

So anyway, Barron decides to enter me in the Breeders' Cup, under the name Turkish Delight. And I'm running in second place, and I'm running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, "Don't shoot him, he's a human!"
SarcasticSun
Junior
And1: 228

Post#12 » by SarcasticSun » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:09 am

I actually really like him as a veteran presence and as a back up to Len, wouldn't mind locking him up for 2-3 years on the cheap.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#13 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:48 am

Fine with him till the end of the year. Still pissed we did'nt pick up Ed Davis for peanuts though... The ultimate backup 4 (who can play some 5 against smaller C s )
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#14 » by Moochthemonkey » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:26 am

He can definitely play ball. Let's not forget that he averaged 11 points and 18 rebounds in his last stint in the NBA.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#15 » by Flying Colors » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 am

Bogyo wrote:Fine with him till the end of the year. Still pissed we did'nt pick up Ed Davis for peanuts though... The ultimate backup 4 (who can play some 5 against smaller C s )

I wouldn't be surprised if Suns gave him a call but he liked his chances with the Lakers better
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#16 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 am

Flying Colors wrote:
Bogyo wrote:Fine with him till the end of the year. Still pissed we did'nt pick up Ed Davis for peanuts though... The ultimate backup 4 (who can play some 5 against smaller C s )

I wouldn't be surprised if Suns gave him a call but he liked his chances with the Lakers better

Could be, but isn't he on a 2yr minimum contract with a PO after this? What I really ment was giving him a 10/3 contract, or something like that, after noone went for him for a while... I'm pretty sure he would have taken it, then we would have him on the cheap instead of a Wright rental, which we'll likely have to overpay this summer.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#17 » by TASTIC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:57 am

Earl Barron averaged a double double for the Knicks once.

True story.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#18 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Flying Colors wrote:

Could be, but isn't he on a 2yr minimum contract with a PO after this? What I really ment was giving him a 10/3 contract, or something like that, after noone went for him for a while... I'm pretty sure he would have taken it, then we would have him on the cheap instead of a Wright rental, which we'll likely have to overpay this summer.

I thought I read a bit back that Davis is going to opt out for a bigger and better contract. He might be available. But the Lakers will have money, and depending on who they draft, they might try and keep him.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,957

Post#19 » by KLEON » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 pm

I thought he was our best player during the pre-season and I was shocked he got cut. Glad to have him back
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#20 » by Bogyo » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:35 am

RunDogGun wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Flying Colors wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Suns gave him a call but he liked his chances with the Lakers better

I thought I read a bit back that Davis is going to opt out for a bigger and better contract. He might be available. But the Lakers will have money, and depending on who they draft, they might try and keep him.

That is correct. He will opt out this summer. I bet he gets his contract now. Again - if we can't re-sign Wright, he could be a really good plan B. Wouldn't even mind giving him a 4 year deal. He'll be in his prime all along, on the cheap before the new cap, and dude has been consistant since entering the league, with not a buch of miles on him.
Check out his stats: 6 years in the league, averaging between 15-25 minutes in every season (lows in Memphis behind ZBo and Gasol), FG% between 51-59% every year, rebounds between 4.5-7.5 (again, lows in Memphis). Only 26 in june, 6'10 and 240. What's not to like?

Return to Phoenix Suns