ImageImageImage

Bledsoe's turnovers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Re: Bledsoe's turnovers 

Post#21 » by In Len We Trust » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:37 pm

RunDogGun wrote:While some of Bledsoe's turnovers are just plain stupid, I think they are correctable. What's tough about that table shown, it doesn't show the tendencies of players they are assisting to. If some are spot up shooter, or just great finishers off pick and rolls vs guys that take one or two dribbles after they receive a pass, or guys that like to create once they get a pass, which usually (even if made basket as a result of a pass) are listed as unassisted.

I agree that they seem very correctable but when he keeps making the same exact boneheaded turnovers every game for like 6 months in a row and is showing zero improvement you have to start questioning whether or not he will ever change. It is almost as if he has a dying urge to throw the ball into the 8th row at least once every game.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#22 » by Revived » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 am

In Len We Trust wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:While some of Bledsoe's turnovers are just plain stupid, I think they are correctable. What's tough about that table shown, it doesn't show the tendencies of players they are assisting to. If some are spot up shooter, or just great finishers off pick and rolls vs guys that take one or two dribbles after they receive a pass, or guys that like to create once they get a pass, which usually (even if made basket as a result of a pass) are listed as unassisted.

I agree that they seem very correctable but when he keeps making the same exact boneheaded turnovers every game for like 6 months in a row and is showing zero improvement you have to start questioning whether or not he will ever change. It is almost as if he has a dying urge to throw the ball into the 8th row at least once every game.

^this. Frustrating part about Bledsoe is that he isn't showing improvement in not turning the ball over, it might even be getting worse.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#23 » by NavLDO » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:44 pm

SF88 wrote:
In Len We Trust wrote:

^this. Frustrating part about Bledsoe is that he isn't showing improvement in not turning the ball over, it might even be getting worse.

Actually, no. Last year, his Asst-to-TO rate was 1.6. This year, his Asst-to-TO rate is 1.8, which, although very slight, is still an improvement. And as I said on the last page, the fact that his TO rate has increased since the All-Star Break is no surprise, and shouldn't really have surprised anyone, considering we lost IT and Dragic, while integrating Knight into the offense. It's going to take some time for all of them to get accustomed to playing together. And also, not to mention, that Knight and Len have been injured as of late, so I don't expect it to improve anytime soon, either, which I'm sure will mean this thread will surely thrive for the immediate future.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#24 » by aIvin adams » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 pm

I haven't seen the entirety of the last couple games but I have seen some gametime with Bledsoe and TJ Buckets.

Bledsoe has limitations as a playmaker right now but he will look a lot better when he's playing with guys who are more talented at moving off the ball into the space on the floor that's open after Bled drives. TJ Buckets is gifted at this. PJ Tucker is below average and Mook is average at best. Dragic and IT weren't good at it.

Overall, Bledsoe is a better PG than I expected before last year. Of course, my expectations were very low. I told my friend earlier this year that Bledsoe was a better PG than I thought and he looked at me funny. I said, 'Well, I expected he would be bad. Like Brandon Knight bad." LOL. woops.

I think Bled will continue to improve next year with better-fitting personnel and more horizontal motion off the ball across the key. Our offense already looks like it's changing in that direction to me but we'll know more next year after Ryan works on the roster and Horny has an offseason and a training camp to install new sets..
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#25 » by aIvin adams » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:52 pm

also seen some chemistry between Bled and Len before the ASG. I think Bled is pretty good at dumping the ball to a rolling big. He needs to get his passes up to Len's hands more consistently but he hardly ever fails to make the pass when it's there.

Return to Phoenix Suns