OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,632

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#941 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:16 am

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty league:

Taking offers for Kevin Porter Jr if anyone is interested in trading for a future star. Would like a wing with some boards or maybe a young big.

edit: wrong thread :lol:

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Post#942 » by Qwigglez » Sat May 8, 2021 6:28 pm

The past 6 months I've recently watched Ozarks which I thought was incredible, a slow build up like Breaking Bad though. Can't wait for the newest season. Altered Carbon season 1 was great, Season 2 was okay. Got a lot of Cyberpunk vibes from it, even though I only played a few hours of Cyberpunk, decided I'll wait for all the glitches to be patched up. The Witcher wasn't bad at all. I know a lot of people had Game of Thrones like hype for it and thought anything short of it was a failure. I had a different approach since I read the first book, and loved the Witcher 3 game. I enjoyed Season 1 and am excited for Season 2, will likely attempt to play the Witcher 3 for the billionth time and try to actually get to the downloadable content.
I watched Season 1 of the boys, but couldn't get into Season 2, maybe I'll try again later. Reading the past few pages of this thread, I'm in the same boat as Bdub about trying to watch Westworld season 2. Lost track of the latest season of TWD, it's getting a bit stale for me and I didn't really enjoy the fake zombie guys (forgot their names). I thought their whole philosophy was stupid and nobody would really get behind it. Oh and I'm almost caught up on My Hero Academia if anyone is into Anime.
Not really into movies as much as series so I can't comment on anything movie related really.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,738

Post#943 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 9, 2021 11:03 pm

Haven't really watched too much streaming TV since the last two Marvel TV series (Wandavision and Falcon X Winter Solider). Watched a few episodes of the Thai series, the Girl from Nowhere and it's OK.

Haven't watched TWD or FTWD in years. I kinda lost interest in it after a while. I watched the 1st Witcher season and thought that was pretty well done and keen for the second season. I tried getting into Ozarks but while it was a bit interesting I think it just too a little too long to get into.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,619

Post#944 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 9, 2021 11:24 pm

If anyone's looking for something, watch this...it's good and pretty addicting..it just hit netflix.

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,143

Post#945 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 am

If anyone like tremors as a kid this might be up your alley...

and if some1 doesnt know tremors here ya go:

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#946 » by Frank Lee » Thu May 13, 2021 4:45 am

Still Game

This one caught me by surprise
Watch it with subtitles
Supreme shite giving belly laughs

Prolly not for all, but it’s very well done
What ? Me Worry ?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,812

Post#947 » by Qwigglez » Thu May 13, 2021 5:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Haven't really watched too much streaming TV since the last two Marvel TV series (Wandavision and Falcon X Winter Solider). Watched a few episodes of the Thai series, the Girl from Nowhere and it's OK.

Haven't watched TWD or FTWD in years. I kinda lost interest in it after a while. I watched the 1st Witcher season and thought that was pretty well done and keen for the second season. I tried getting into Ozarks but while it was a bit interesting I think it just too a little too long to get into.

Ozark I enjoyed, however I could only watch it while multitasking, it's very slow and I often lose interest unless I'm doing multiple things at once.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#948 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 am

I'm gonna give Ozarks another go!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#949 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu May 13, 2021 8:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I'm gonna give Ozarks another go!

Wanna Netflix and chill? :eyebrows:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#950 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:45 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I think I remember watching a few episodes of that. I just didn't care for the main character's actor if I remember correctly, not that he was bad at acting, I just didn't like him for some reason.

It gets WAY better in like season 2. I think you also gave up on Into the Badlands when it had a short bad stretch....after that it got really good with some very interesting reveals, battles, more great fighting, new great characters, etc.

I have a hard time pushing through shows that don't hold my interest early. If there's a bad storyline a few seasons in, I have more of a chance of pushing through since I already sunk a bunch of time into multiple seasons.

Yeah, I agree. It's hard. I actually quit some shows early because of this and then went back later and watched them and they are some of my favorites ever.

TURN for example. This is a top 5 show for me...maybe top 3...but I tried to watch it long ago and didn't get into it. Sense8 is another one of my favorites and it takes a while. But down the stretch of both those shows of season one and especially beyone season one, they are superb.

I just finished 12 Monkeys which was a very entertaining sci fi time travel series. Oddly enough, it's another one I watched a few episodes of back when it aired and I stopped watching for some reason.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#951 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 28, 2021 6:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
It gets WAY better in like season 2. I think you also gave up on Into the Badlands when it had a short bad stretch....after that it got really good with some very interesting reveals, battles, more great fighting, new great characters, etc.

I have a hard time pushing through shows that don't hold my interest early. If there's a bad storyline a few seasons in, I have more of a chance of pushing through since I already sunk a bunch of time into multiple seasons.

Yeah, I agree. It's hard. I actually quit some shows early because of this and then went back later and watched them and they are some of my favorites ever.

TURN for example. This is a top 5 show for me...maybe top 3...but I tried to watch it long ago and didn't get into it. Sense8 is another one of my favorites and it takes a while. But down the stretch of both those shows of season one and especially beyone season one, they are superb.

I just finished 12 Monkeys which was a very entertaining sci fi time travel series. Oddly enough, it's another one I watched a few episodes of back when it aired and I stopped watching for some reason.

I love spy movies might check out TURN like you suggested. I finished watching " the American" few years ago and that was a heck of a tv show. Was rated 8.4 on IMBD.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#952 » by grumpysaddle » Fri May 28, 2021 6:14 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I have a hard time pushing through shows that don't hold my interest early. If there's a bad storyline a few seasons in, I have more of a chance of pushing through since I already sunk a bunch of time into multiple seasons.

I love spy movies might check out TURN like you suggested. I finished watching " the American" few years ago and that was a heck of a tv show. Was rated 8.4 on IMBD.

Do yourself a favor and watch The Patriot on Amazon Prime. One of my favorite shows ever. Kind of like a super dark spy comedy, kind of hard to explain though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#953 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:37 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I have a hard time pushing through shows that don't hold my interest early. If there's a bad storyline a few seasons in, I have more of a chance of pushing through since I already sunk a bunch of time into multiple seasons.

Yeah, the Americans was great. TURN takes a while to build characters, but it's about Washington's spies to help win the revolution, based on a lot of facts...it's fiction and entertaining with great characters, and it's amazing to watch just how risky it was for these guys surrounded by British sympathizers and how much they probably did impact us winning the war. If it's near reality at all, we don't win that war without those spies. It prevented armies from walking into traps and stuff....and they had to get messages to Washington very carefully from long off...it wasn't easy that's for sure. Seasons 2-4 are great. When it introduces Washington in about episode 6 it really starts to pick up. As much as I liked The Americans, I liked this better.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#954 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:38 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Do yourself a favor and watch The Patriot on Amazon Prime. One of my favorite shows ever. Kind of like a super dark spy comedy, kind of hard to explain though.

I watched an episode or two, and I remember laughing hard at his guitar song at the beginning. I sometimes have a hard time getting into series that can't decide if they are going for serious or comedy, so I wasn't sure if I would like it that much if I continued. But I've only heard great things from those who watched it.
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#955 » by grumpysaddle » Fri May 28, 2021 6:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I watched an episode or two, and I remember laughing hard at his guitar song at the beginning. I sometimes have a hard time getting into series that can't decide if they are going for serious or comedy, so I wasn't sure if I would like it that much if I continued. But I've only heard great things from those who watched it.

It's a master class in dark comedy, basically.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#956 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 28, 2021 6:58 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well, if Terry O'Quinn is on the show I'd have a difficult time saying no.
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#957 » by grumpysaddle » Fri May 28, 2021 7:56 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I had to look up who that was, but yeah, dude from Lost is in it. Hah. Seriously though, everyone I've recommended it to that actually followed through on watching it got hooked and finished both seasons in a day or two.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#958 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Do yourself a favor and watch The Patriot on Amazon Prime. One of my favorite shows ever. Kind of like a super dark spy comedy, kind of hard to explain though.

I had to look up who that was, but yeah, dude from Lost is in it. Hah. Seriously though, everyone I've recommended it to that actually followed through on watching it got hooked and finished both seasons in a day or two.

Yeah, as soon as I saw his photo as a huge "Lost" fan he was incredible in that show. I knew that I should give it a peek. Although maybe I shouldn't watch and have your unbeaten streak of everyone you recommend to watch broken by me. ;)

Spoiler:
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,143

Post#959 » by SlovenianDragon » Sat May 29, 2021 9:22 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

this is a spy show that was really funny no idk where to watch it though it used to be on hulu

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#960 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Finished Ozarks. Bloody great show. I think the difference is that when I gave Ozarks a go a few years back and couldn't get into it, I was watching it by myself and didn't really have anyone to discuss episode by episode. I watched it this time with my partner and it's a different experience when I can talk and react to someone. Can't wait for the next season!

Return to Phoenix Suns