OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,700

Re: OT - Media Thread 

Post#141 » by Qwigglez » Thu Jan 7, 2016 3:51 am

Anyone watch Making A Murderer on Netflix? Heard some good things about it. Finishing episode 1 right now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#142 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 5:30 am

Qwigglez wrote:Anyone watch Making A Murderer on Netflix? Heard some good things about it. Finishing episode 1 right now.

I watched one episode. Probably won't watch any more but I'm sure it's interesting and my brother likes it. I just know that crap happens all the time and I won't feel good watching it. There is a really long thread about it on the media lounge. I gave my thoughts on the situation with that there.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1420379#start_here
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#143 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 7, 2016 2:07 pm

Has anyone seen:

Master of None or F is for Family?

DLd both the other day so might start one or the other.

Also Fargo, I've had couple seasons DLd for ages but never seem in the right mood to watch it!? Recommendations? I loved the movie FYI which is why it's weird I haven't watched the series yet...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#144 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 2:11 pm

TASTIC wrote:Has anyone seen:

Also Fargo, I've had couple seasons DLd for ages but never seem in the right mood to watch it!? Recommendations? I loved the movie FYI which is why it's weird I haven't watched the series yet...

I think Master of None was mentioned earlier in the thread and there it is definitely talked about in the Media Lounge. Sounds like a more possibly lighthearted version of Louie if you've seen that...at least it is described like that.

I thought Fargo was the best season of tv this year. Season 1 was good too, but not nearly as good....starts off great, and ends pretty well, but also involved some unnecessary and often stupid storylines and characters.

The seasons have no relation whatsover and none of the same characters, so I HIGHLY recommend watching season 2 of Fargo.

Fargo the movie is one of my favorites.

I don't usually watch tv series more than once but I will probably watch Fargo season 2 again..it was that good.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#145 » by wheezy » Thu Jan 7, 2016 6:25 pm

Yeah Fargo was great. The two seasons are almost entirely unrelated, so don't feel compelled to watch 1 before 2.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#146 » by wheezy » Thu Jan 7, 2016 6:27 pm

I loved season 2 of Fargo, but season 2 of the Leftovers reeeeeally surprised me with how good it was. I think I'd recommend that over Fargo.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#147 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 7, 2016 6:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I think Master of None was mentioned earlier in the thread and there it is definitely talked about in the Media Lounge. Sounds like a more possibly lighthearted version of Louie if you've seen that...at least it is described like that.

It is similar to Louie, but it is very much Aziz's show. It's probably Aziz's best work, and I mean that as a good thing. It really is a wonderful show, and I highly recommend it. It's 10 half-hour episodes and I knocked it out the night it came out. I had only intended to watch the first episode or so, but I got hooked. I'm actually thinking about watching it again because I enjoyed it that much.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
wheezy
Rookie

Post#148 » by wheezy » Thu Jan 7, 2016 9:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
wheezy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I saw The Big Short a couple of days ago. Probably the best movie of 2015 that I've seen, but I still have 5-10 on my list.

I haven't seen that one yet but my favorites of the year so far have been Ex Machina, Sicario, and Mad Max. Star Wars is probably right in there too but Ex Machina stayed with me for a while.

Yeah, I almost said it was just behind Ex Machina, and maybe it was because I just saw it, but I liked it better. I also really liked Sicario. I loved Star Wars, and I could maybe call that my favorite but I am not sure I equate that with best, or something I think it award worthy...it was great though. Mad Max was fun too.

Did you watch a movie called Cop Car?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#149 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 10:08 pm

wheezy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
wheezy wrote:I haven't seen that one yet but my favorites of the year so far have been Ex Machina, Sicario, and Mad Max. Star Wars is probably right in there too but Ex Machina stayed with me for a while.

Yeah, I almost said it was just behind Ex Machina, and maybe it was because I just saw it, but I liked it better. I also really liked Sicario. I loved Star Wars, and I could maybe call that my favorite but I am not sure I equate that with best, or something I think it award worthy...it was great though. Mad Max was fun too.

Did you watch a movie called Cop Car?

No.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#150 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 7, 2016 11:01 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It is similar to Louie, but it is very much Aziz's show. It's probably Aziz's best work, and I mean that as a good thing. It really is a wonderful show, and I highly recommend it. It's 10 half-hour episodes and I knocked it out the night it came out. I had only intended to watch the first episode or so, but I got hooked. I'm actually thinking about watching it again because I enjoyed it that much.

Watched two episodes of Master of None. Doesn't really do much to keep me interested. The premise feels too similar to other past shows and maybe it's the material but it feels like Aziz is trying really hard to reach a joke per minute threshold. Too forced. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Aziz's stand-up but he just doesn't seem natural being the focus of his own show. I loved Louie because I thought his on stage persona translates well on screen. I'll probably finish it off but it hasn't been entirely enjoyable so far

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead, I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't watched any of the past films so I'm probably missing a lot of the references but it's still a funny show.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#151 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Anyone watch Making A Murderer on Netflix? Heard some good things about it. Finishing episode 1 right now.

I watched one episode. Probably won't watch any more but I'm sure it's interesting and my brother likes it. I just know that crap happens all the time and I won't feel good watching it. There is a really long thread about it on the media lounge. I gave my thoughts on the situation with that there.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1420379#start_here

Started watching it over the weekend. I'm on episode 4 now and it's pretty damn interesting. I read some of your thoughts on that thread and to some extent I agree, but I'm interested in these sorts of things.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#152 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:12 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Watched two episodes of Master of None. Doesn't really do much to keep me interested. The premise feels too similar to other past shows and maybe it's the material but it feels like Aziz is trying really hard to reach a joke per minute threshold. Too forced. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Aziz's stand-up but he just doesn't seem natural being the focus of his own show. I loved Louie because I thought his on stage persona translates well on screen. I'll probably finish it off but it hasn't been entirely enjoyable so far

Started watching Ash vs Evil Dead, I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't watched any of the past films so I'm probably missing a lot of the references but it's still a funny show.

Master of None had a few good episodes but I lost interest fast. I like Aziz's work but it's obvious he's not the same without Harris writing his jokes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#153 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:32 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Master of None had a few good episodes but I lost interest fast. I like Aziz's work but it's obvious he's not the same without Harris writing his jokes.

It was funny in the golden globes tonight when they pan in on the contestants up for the award, he had a book in his face and the title on the cover said something like "How to deal with losing to Jeffrey Tambor with dignity" or something like that. But someone else won anyway.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#154 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:48 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:Master of None had a few good episodes but I lost interest fast. I like Aziz's work but it's obvious he's not the same without Harris writing his jokes.

It was funny in the golden globes tonight when they pan in on the contestants up for the award, he had a book in his face and the titleon the cover said something like "How to deal with losing to Jeffrey Tambor with dignity" or something like that. But someone else won anyway.

Haha, yeah. Love the guy. Can't wait to listen to his audiobook. The preview was great.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#155 » by TASTIC » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:53 am

Saw The Revenant last night...Really gritty and thoroughly enjoyed it, the wife not so much though.

Spoiler:
And I gotta say, I really don't think that was Leo's best work.

I don't want to go into too much detail to spoil anything, but playing 1/2 the movie in a state of being half dead, grunting, moaning, spitting and looking mad should be something every actor can do. I thought Hardy was better than him in this film and I do like DiCaprio. He's 'acted' better in other films. The cinematography was really cool, especially at the start with the panning and almost go--pro sense of it, very nicely done
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#156 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Damn I'm so keen for The Revenant. I'm watching it this weekend!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#157 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 am

Agent Carter 2 hour premier tonight. This show was one of the best new shows last year. I was shocked at how good it was, and the female lead is without a doubt the best female lead in any show. I guess it's tough to go against Carrie in Homeland, but the girl in Agent Carter is a bad ass with elegance and class....just extremely entertaining to watch.....oh, and she's really hot.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#158 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 am

Watched The Revenant over the weekend. Amazing acting, amazing cinematography, a little long. I get the length, sort of needed it for to really show the expanse and scale of the kind of land they live on but boy, I felt it was probably 30-45min too long.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#159 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:56 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched The Revenant over the weekend. Amazing acting, amazing cinematography, a little long. I get the length, sort of needed it for to really show the expanse and scale of the kind of land they live on but boy, I felt it was probably 30-45min too long.

Yeah, I'm waiting on that one. I have to be in the right mood for long movies that can get boring or have long dream sequences regardless of quality. That and The Room are the only two Best Picture Oscar Nominations I haven't seen, so I plan on seeing them.
wheezy
Rookie

Post#160 » by wheezy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:05 am

Hayley Atwell from Agent Carter was in one of the best episodes of Black Mirror (S2E1) opposite Domnhall Gleeson. Highly recommended if you haven't watched those. They're all one off stories, kind of like a technological twilight zone.

Return to Phoenix Suns