charley barkles
Senior
And1: 213

Re: Free Agency Tracker 2015 

Post#181 » by charley barkles » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:37 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
batsmasher wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/morris_press_conference

Mook's presser. Listening to that stupid mop talk makes me so happy he's gone. Cringey presser too.

In reaction to question about getting traded he literally said "I mean, it's fine".

wow, what a short depressing presser.

His last sentence regarding Markieff.

"I hope he does well wherever he is at, whether at Phoenix or wherever." Obviously Markieff wants to be traded.

yeah I thought that was interesting too.

How would you feel as a Pistons fan or media person there? It felt like no one wanted to ask questions. I thought SVG did a good job of starting that off really positive and he convinced me that they actually believe in him...and by the end of it, I just wanted it to end so bad! Compare that to Tyson Chandler's press conference, and boy what a different feel. Everything - from sound to the questions/answers and interaction from the crowd. Makes me feel way better about things...
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#182 » by TASTIC » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 pm

They're like petulant brats, you didn't see Harvey and Horace Grant b1tching and moaning about not being together. Life isn't a fairy-tale.

This is not Happy Days and they're not the Fonz.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#183 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Well looks like the Mavs might go after hometown hero Deron WIlliams at a discounted price since the Nets will release his contract and still be on the hook. I guess this is consolation for missing out on Linsanity
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#184 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Celtics get Perry Jones. Thunder trades him into Boston's cap space. Good deal for Celts. He showed some promise.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:35 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/623680616001703936[/tweet]
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by saintEscaton » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:50 pm

Spurs gave Jimmer a camp contract to be the 15th man off the bench and give them backcourt depth. They already replaced the departed Joseph by trading for McCollum (Funny because the Kings stole Belinelli away from them in the first place)
Jonestown Suicide Squad

saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#187 » by saintEscaton » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Cuban's butthurt is priceless. 'He didn't even pick up the phone." Still can't get over being royally screwed by DJ

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/623871499695464448[/tweet]
Jonestown Suicide Squad

carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#188 » by carey » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:50 pm

saintEscaton wrote:Cuban's butthurt is priceless. 'He didn't even pick up the phone." Still can't get over being royally screwed by DJ

Still can't? Do you know how bad that hurt the team? How bad it hurt the Mav's employees & businesses surrounding the arena? Let's see you get over something that would cost you millions in just a week. Dumb comment.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#189 » by saintEscaton » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:49 pm

carey wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:Cuban's butthurt is priceless. 'He didn't even pick up the phone." Still can't get over being royally screwed by DJ

Still can't? Do you know how bad that hurt the team? How bad it hurt the Mav's employees & businesses surrounding the arena? Let's see you get over something that would cost you millions in just a week. Dumb comment.

Boo hoo. Cry me a river. There are more important socioeconomic issues to lament about that should garner more attention than the plight of a billionaire venture capitalist NBA owner losing out on chump change.
Jonestown Suicide Squad

Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#190 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:18 pm

saintEscaton wrote:
carey wrote:

Boo hoo. Cry me a river. There are more important socioeconomic issues to lament about that should garner more attention than the plight of a billionaire venture capitalist NBA owner losing out on chump change.

The socioeconomic issue to lament here is the epic decline of what it means to be a man and to have your word be worth a damn. Plus, I fell in love with the NBA in the early 90's - you would have been run out of BOTH LAC and DAL had you pulled this ****. Too many people are apologists these days....

Your cynical opinion seems tied to Cuban's wealth which is, itself, narrow-minded. "Oh, he's worth a ton of money so it's okay he gets screwed over...."

This whole class warfare thing is getting old. The reality is that Cuban has done more for more people throughout his career than probably half of the NBA starters combined. And I'm not even a Mavericks fan.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#191 » by saintEscaton » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:
saintEscaton wrote:
carey wrote:Still can't? Do you know how bad that hurt the team? How bad it hurt the Mav's employees & businesses surrounding the arena? Let's see you get over something that would cost you millions in just a week. Dumb comment.

The socioeconomic issue to lament here is the epic decline of what it means to be a man and to have your word be worth a damn. Plus, I fell in love with the NBA in the early 90's - you would have been run out of BOTH LAC and DAL had you pulled this ****. Too many people are apologists these days....

Your cynical opinion seems tied to Cuban's wealth which is, itself, narrow-minded. "Oh, he's worth a ton of money so it's okay he gets screwed over...."

This whole class warfare thing is getting old. The reality is that Cuban has done more for more people throughout his career than probably half of the NBA starters combined. And I'm not even a Mavericks fan.

This is beyond the scope of BBall but whatever. Anyways I agree that what the Clips did was classless and DJ reneging on his verbal agreement was weak but it was not binding in principle and Cuban should have known that before he publicly gloated about it resulting in a tampering fine. Realistically the moratorium period can't be signficicantly shortened unless the auditors are given a headstart in projecting seasonal revenues, setting the salary cap level and determining the luxury tax threshold before disclosing it to the teams. Only way to do this is to move up the end of the fiscal NBA year to an earlier date in June right after the Finals. But seeing an egotistical douche like Cuban getting clowned was pure schadenfreude.
Jonestown Suicide Squad

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#192 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:14 pm

I thought Cuban's response was pretty funny.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#193 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:26 am

Why are employees and business owners in Dallas more important than in LA?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#194 » by Frank Lee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Why is there a moratorium ? Should be just like deer season. Boom Boom

Miller to Minny... nice pick up. Rubio/Miller/Martin/Garnett/Pekovich.... solid group of vets to go with Wiggins, Dieng, Towns, Bennett, Lavine, Shabaz, Payne, TyJones.... There has to be a nice buzz in Minneapolis about that group.

And scrapper Chuck Hayes goes back to Houston. Solid group of young PFs to tutor.... DMo, TJones, Cappella, Harrell.

Wonder where nutsacker Reggie Evans will end up ?
What ? Me Worry ?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#195 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 am

Frank Lee wrote:Why is there a moratorium ? Should be just like deer season. Boom Boom

Miller to Minny... nice pick up. Rubio/Miller/Martin/Garnett/Pekovich.... solid group of vets to go with Wiggins, Dieng, Towns, Bennett, Lavine, Shabaz, Payne, TyJones.... There has to be a nice buzz in Minneapolis about that group.

And scrapper Chuck Hayes goes back to Houston. Solid group of young PFs to tutor.... DMo, TJones, Cappella, Harrell.

Is that a request to our FO, Frank? :lol:
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#196 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

I still don't get it. DeAndre got the hard sell, and his agent was complicit. He then had second thoughts. He ought to be able to go where he wants to go. The Clippers would have had no chance at all if DeAndre really wanted to be in Dallas.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#197 » by saintEscaton » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:02 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Why is there a moratorium ? Should be just like deer season. Boom Boom

Is that a request to our FO, Frank? :lol:

You mean Kimbo Slice's doppelganger?
Jonestown Suicide Squad

Return to Phoenix Suns