ImageImageImage

Suns Sign Teletovic

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

drewsprocket
Junior
And1: 100

Suns Sign Teletovic 

Post#1 » by drewsprocket » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:43 am

1 yr deal @ $5.5 mill. I'm stoked. Horny is going to really make use of this guy off the bench. He's stretch 4 and great shooter and character. Brooklyn was such a mess. He'll be baller next season and easily our top 3 point shooter. Hopefully no more blood clots.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95B8ZFOHy4[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AtmoNX_r3Y[/youtube]
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,698

Re: Suns Sign Teletovic 

Post#2 » by Qwigglez » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:03 am

This is absolutely a steal of a signing IF he can stay healthy. Dude's game reminds me of Peja kind of, in the sense that he can knock down threes even with a hand in his face, or with that small step back. I was advocating trading for him during the season, because we really needed a stretch four and he provides all that.
I actually watched a lot of Brookyln games last year mostly because I had Brook Lopez and Mirza on my fantasy squad. Lights out shooter, solid rebounder, and hustler. I could very well see him starting over Kieff simply because his game fits better when other creates for him. Kieff can create on his own shot. And Mirza would spread the floor out for Knight/Bledsoe to penetrate.
I'm really excited for this season.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#3 » by SideSwipe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:25 am

And boom!! Somebody called this earlier today...will have to go through the FA thread... Looks interesting.
drewsprocket
Junior
And1: 100

Post#4 » by drewsprocket » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:42 am

Qwigglez wrote:This is absolutely a steal of a signing IF he can stay healthy. Dude's game reminds me of Peja kind of, in the sense that he can knock down threes even with a hand in his face, or with that small step back. I was advocating trading for him during the season, because we really needed a stretch four and he provides all that.
I actually watched a lot of Brookyln games last year mostly because I had Brook Lopez and Mirza on my fantasy squad. Lights out shooter, solid rebounder, and hustler. I could very well see him starting over Kieff simply because his game fits better when other creates for him. Kieff can create on his own shot. And Mirza would spread the floor out for Knight/Bledsoe to penetrate.
I'm really excited for this season.

I could see that too. He's about as versatile as Marcus is, I wouldn't doubt it if Tucker were moved he could see minutes at the 3 too.
It really depends what they're doing with Kieff...I'm not sure. We don't hear any Horny interviews that they're not looking to trade him away. I just hope they don't give him away because I'd rather force his ass to be a professional.
I am unsure how a Tucker, Kieff, and Tyson frontline works. I think there's enough fire there to do well but it may get ugly on offense often. You need space there.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#5 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:06 am

I look at this signing as bolstering our front court. I like it. He's a welcome backup for Kieff.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SkinnyOMiller
Junior
And1: 417

Post#6 » by SkinnyOMiller » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:12 am

When this guy gets hot, watch out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvVlgopcKjw
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#7 » by TASTIC » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 am

Stoked.

I wanted this guy since his rookie season and said it 3-4 times in the FA thread haha - Nets won't match will they, cos he's a restricted.

Perfect guy off the bench playing alongside Len and as others have said, immediately becomes our best 3pt shooter.

Our medical guys must have checked him out and cleared him, great to see he's over that injury scare.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#8 » by Moochthemonkey » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:06 am

Not bad...if we kept Dragic(s) and brought over Bogdanovic we would of had a complete Eastern Bloc Bump mob.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#9 » by nevetsov » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:43 am

TASTIC wrote:Stoked.

I wanted this guy since his rookie season and said it 3-4 times in the FA thread haha - Nets won't match will they, cos he's a restricted.

Perfect guy off the bench playing alongside Len and as others have said, immediately becomes our best 3pt shooter.

Our medical guys must have checked him out and cleared him, great to see he's over that injury scare.

Nets rescinded, so he's unrestricted :)
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#10 » by TASTIC » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:08 am

nevetsov wrote:

Yeah saw that just after posting.

Really solid pickup, hopefully he's healthy and we can re-sign end of year.

Ryan Anderson-lite for half the price and no assets moved to get him, can't complain. I'm sure we'll moan when he goes 2-10 from deep but there will be stretches where he leads the team in scoring multiple times a week.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#11 » by RunDogGun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:47 am

TASTIC wrote:
nevetsov wrote:

Yeah saw that just after posting.

Really solid pickup, hopefully he's healthy and we can re-sign end of year.

Ryan Anderson-lite for half the price and no assets moved to get him, can't complain. I'm sure we'll moan when he goes 2-10 from deep but there will be stretches where he leads the team in scoring multiple times a week.

I didn't really see it as a possibility, but it seemed within minutes of finding out the QO was rescinded, we pounced. Brilliant move by McD.

We have a solid group with pups to grow.

Anyway that what Ray Ray heard around the water cooler about JJ, was really us trying to find out about Tele, but used JJ as a starter convo?
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#12 » by Lindecision » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:48 am

Love Mirza's game. Nets rescinding might be a red flag, or they're just being dumb I have no idea. Blood clot iirc. Too bad he didn't enter the NBA 5 years younger. He could've been devastating with some development. But then again he should age well.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#13 » by DRK » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:27 am

Love this guy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhW3fz_xpcI[/youtube]
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,791

Post#14 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:36 am

SkinnyOMiller wrote:When this guy gets hot, watch out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvVlgopcKjw

This guy used to kill my favorite Euroleague/FIBA teams back in the day. Always shows up against my favorites, buried 9 threes against Zalgiris once, making the most ridiculous shots.

Lithuania played Bosnia in 2013, (I am Lithuanian fan by the way) and before the game, my dad was like - eh, Bosnia, piece of cake. My response was - If I know Teletovic, he will start hitting nonsenses from 3 point land, just you watch. And I called it, Guy murdered Lithuania with his nonsensical 35 footers with the hand in his face. When this guy is on fire, he is ridiculous.
aewyatt7
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#15 » by aewyatt7 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Just a heads up on kieff. McDonald's said he doesn't plan on moving kieff. Said marcus was hurting his production. That kieff might not realize that now but will later
STEV13
Suns Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 853

Post#16 » by STEV13 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVu4dXakV8[/youtube]

Saw this gem over at Reddit. Goddamn that wide range and a nice looking form too. :D
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#17 » by Bogyo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 pm

STEV13 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVu4dXakV8[/youtube]

Saw this gem over at Reddit. Goddamn that wide range and a nice looking form too. :D

Daaaamn thats sick. :o :o :o
Do it in the playoffs against SA and we are BFF 8-)
Grots
Sophomore
And1: 154

Post#18 » by Grots » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Only downside to this is it's a one year deal. I wish it was two or three with a team option.

Always been a fan of Teletovic.
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Re: 

Post#19 » by phrazbit » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Lindecision wrote:Love Mirza's game. Nets rescinding might be a red flag, or they're just being dumb I have no idea. Blood clot iirc. Too bad he didn't enter the NBA 5 years younger. He could've been devastating with some development. But then again he should age well.

Well, they're unquestionably dumb, Billy King is probably the stupidest exec in the league. But even idiots are right sometimes. Lets hope this is one of the many times they're idiots.
plonden
Junior
And1: 124

Post#20 » by plonden » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:25 pm

I don't think it's necessarily an indictment of Teletovic's game or health. The Nets have to cut a lot of salary to avoid paying the draconian repeater tax.

Return to Phoenix Suns