ImageImageImage

Depressed

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

silverstyne
Ballboy
And1: 29

Re: Depressed 

Post#41 » by silverstyne » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:09 pm

LOL Tastic, love your banner... :lol: at least something Suns related made me laugh today
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 pm

silverstyne wrote:
rsavaj wrote:You're gonna feel that way until you push the Suns way down on your list of priorities. I was like you 3 or 4 years ago, but then you realize, "eh, it's just sports." You step outside, you realize it's a beautiful sunny day, and everything's okay again.

If you don't enjoy watching the team play, then why literally waste your time watching them? No, really. I'm not saying this in a condescending/patronizing way. Some people may say that I'm encouraging people to become fairweather fans, but screw it. Spend your time doing what you enjoy; if this Suns team isn't enjoyable anymore, then do something else with your time :)!

I don't catch nearly as many games as I used to, because until our fortunes change, spending 2.5-3 hours watching a mediocre squad isn't really high on my itinerary. Doesn't mean I don't love the team. It just means I'm not wasting my time.

Great post! I guess its the diehard fans that get hurt the most! So to all zealous suns fans out there.. lets all step back and take a deep breath.. theres nothing more we can do about the team. Good thing the AZ Cardinals is there to pick up the pieces of my broken heart just in time :)

Yes, this is the first time I have started to feel apathy for the Suns. And I'm also a SD Chargers fan and this past year was the first time I felt apathy about them. Luckily the Chargers have the 3rd pick in the draft and hopefully the Suns end up with a top 3 pick as well.

But yes, great thing I love the NFL and the Cards are still in it and that I have AZ Wildcat basketball in the spring, or sports would get pretty bad for me for awhile. AFC/NFC Championships, Super Bowl, March Madness, NFL Draft, NBA playoffs (AND LOTTERY RESULTS) and then get us to the NBA draft and free agency, and hopes will be high again.

And it would be nice to see some trades made in the next few weeks.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#43 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 pm

I have been a Suns fan since 1976. I have found ways to get through the dark times. I will always be a Suns fan. Its my first sports team. It just cannot change. In previous years, I held on because I always believed in Colangelo. Thats what the JC stands for in my screen name. I am a natural optimist so I had high hopes for Sarver, but it is getting hard. Here are some things that I do to cope.

1. Enjoy the positives. Every win, every move, the rookies who are developing. I try to focus on the bright spots. Like this team now. I watch to watch Booker and TJ. I enjoy the individual performance.
2. I try to stay off the message boards after losses. There is nothing that make you depressed more than reading nonsensical extreme rants. I know that for some, getting on a message board and ripping the team, coach, owner, dancers, fans and gorilla is a cathartic experience, but I find no satisfaction in it whatsoever. I have a hunch alcohol has alot to do with those rants anyway. If necessary, block negative posters.
3. Enjoy playing virtual GM and imagining ways to improve the team. Its amazing how different the moves are that you would make if your goal is improvement rather than just angry reactionism.
4. I believe things will get better. Good grief, this is where most fans said they wanted to go anyway. We have 3 good prospects under 22 years old in Booker, TJ, and Len. We have a really good asset in Brandon Knight, even though he will never be able to measure up to the love folks have had for that Laker pick. That has to be the most beloved pick in the history of the organization. Both Knight and Bledsoe could be valuable in a trade. We also have a vet center FA who could probably get us a little something in the right trade situation. We have some likable role players in Leuer and Tele. Yes, PJ is done (and untradeable I think), and the rest are not worth anything. But our best players are very young and we have two first round picks (one a high lottery pick) to work with.

Oh yeah. And then there is Markieff.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#44 » by NavLDO » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
silverstyne wrote:
rsavaj wrote:You're gonna feel that way until you push the Suns way down on your list of priorities. I was like you 3 or 4 years ago, but then you realize, "eh, it's just sports." You step outside, you realize it's a beautiful sunny day, and everything's okay again.

If you don't enjoy watching the team play, then why literally waste your time watching them? No, really. I'm not saying this in a condescending/patronizing way. Some people may say that I'm encouraging people to become fairweather fans, but screw it. Spend your time doing what you enjoy; if this Suns team isn't enjoyable anymore, then do something else with your time :)!

I don't catch nearly as many games as I used to, because until our fortunes change, spending 2.5-3 hours watching a mediocre squad isn't really high on my itinerary. Doesn't mean I don't love the team. It just means I'm not wasting my time.

Great post! I guess its the diehard fans that get hurt the most! So to all zealous suns fans out there.. lets all step back and take a deep breath.. theres nothing more we can do about the team. Good thing the AZ Cardinals is there to pick up the pieces of my broken heart just in time :)

Yes, this is the first time I have started to feel apathy for the Suns. And I'm also a SD Chargers fan and this past year was the first time I felt apathy about them. Luckily the Chargers have the 3rd pick in the draft and hopefully the Suns end up with a top 3 pick as well.

But yes, great thing I love the NFL and the Cards are still in it and that I have AZ Wildcat basketball in the spring, or sports would get pretty bad for me for awhile. AFC/NFC Championships, Super Bowl, March Madness, NFL Draft, NBA playoffs (AND LOTTERY RESULTS) and then get us to the NBA draft and free agency, and hopes will be high again.

And it would be nice to see some trades made in the next few weeks.

Yeah, at this point, they need to look to he future and dump the vets--Markieff, Chandler, Tucker, and Knight--just take what you can get, so long as they are young and/or picks. I'd say keep Teletovic to at least have some Vet leadership, along with Bledsoe.

But we need to offload that albatross of a contract for Chandler in any way possible. Boy, was I wrong in thinking he'd be a good Vet to have around. He's done nothing positive, from what I can see.

Anyway, just roll with Price/Goodwin at PG, Booker at the 2, Warren at the 3, Leuer/Tele at the 4, and Len/Leuer at the 5, and sprinkle in Weems and whoever else we get back in trade, on occasion.

I know, easier said than done, but Kieff, Tucker, and Knight should all hold at least some minimal positive value, with Chandler being the only negative value I see right now.

One thing is for sure, though, is that we cannot roll into next season with anything close to this roster; it's a mess. I'm usually positive in my outlook, but there is little to be positive about--Warren, Booker, Leuer, and Teletovic, and that's it. Len has regressed, Bledsoe is injury prone, Goodwin is likely not developing any more than he has, and Tucker, Price and Weems are simply, meh, and Kieff has checked out. This season is full tank-mode.

One thing Hornacek needs to do though, if he's kept on board, is to ensure these young guys do not get discouraged. He needs to explain that they are being put in a very difficult position right now, but any team results, or any individual failures in going up against seasoned pros are to be expected, but 'we' are going to ask them to go out an perform their best and develop them to the best of their ability, given the circumstances.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#45 » by bigfoot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:18 pm

How bad have the Suns been over the last ten games. The absolute worst in the league by a wide, wide margin.

http://www.dougstats.com/15-16TendexLF.html
silverstyne
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#46 » by silverstyne » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:29 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:I have been a Suns fan since 1976. I have found ways to get through the dark times. I will always be a Suns fan. Its my first sports team. It just cannot change. In previous years, I held on because I always believed in Colangelo. Thats what the JC stands for in my screen name. I am a natural optimist so I had high hopes for Sarver, but it is getting hard. Here are some things that I do to cope.

1. Enjoy the positives. Every win, every move, the rookies who are developing. I try to focus on the bright spots. Like this team now. I watch to watch Booker and TJ. I enjoy the individual performance.
2. I try to stay off the message boards after losses. There is nothing that make you depressed more than reading nonsensical extreme rants. I know that for some, getting on a message board and ripping the team, coach, owner, dancers, fans and gorilla is a cathartic experience, but I find no satisfaction in it whatsoever. I have a hunch alcohol has alot to do with those rants anyway. If necessary, block negative posters.
3. Enjoy playing virtual GM and imagining ways to improve the team. Its amazing how different the moves are that you would make if your goal is improvement rather than just angry reactionism.
4. I believe things will get better. Good grief, this is where most fans said they wanted to go anyway. We have 3 good prospects under 22 years old in Booker, TJ, and Len. We have a really good asset in Brandon Knight, even though he will never be able to measure up to the love folks have had for that Laker pick. That has to be the most beloved pick in the history of the organization. Both Knight and Bledsoe could be valuable in a trade. We also have a vet center FA who could probably get us a little something in the right trade situation. We have some likable role players in Leuer and Tele. Yes, PJ is done (and untradeable I think), and the rest are not worth anything. But our best players are very young and we have two first round picks (one a high lottery pick) to work with.

Oh yeah. And then there is Markieff.

Like you.. im a long time Suns fans since 1980s and i positively love JC. No matter how bad it gets, i knew JC will do whatever it takes to improve the team.. sigh.. So sad that he sold the suns.. and he is now connected with the 76ers.. couldnt sarver just have hired JC in any nominal capacity? Im sure he couldve given some sound advice about running the suns. Yes only the young ones - booker & warren are keeping the spark within me alive. May they carry us through these sad times..
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#47 » by Damkac » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

bigfoot wrote:How bad have the Suns been over the last ten games. The absolute worst in the league by a wide, wide margin.

http://www.dougstats.com/15-16TendexLF.html

But but but... only 6 games behind from playoffs!!!!
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#48 » by bigfoot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 pm

And here is Stein's ranking of the Suns ... not unexpected

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#49 » by TASTIC » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 am

WOW 30th...don't think I've ever seen that before.

Send that to McD and Sarver and then we'll see if they think the playoffs are in reach.

Utah is being ravaged by injuries but once they get Burks and Favors back they'll roll in the second half.

The Rockets will make a move or two and they'll romp home too.

Then there's other mediocre teams circling the bowl like the Blazers and Pelicans, AND THEY HAVE THEIR STARS whereas we have none...We're done, we need to accept it and bottom out - nearly every team does it at some point or another, but we just can't accept it.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#50 » by NavLDO » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:56 pm

TASTIC wrote:WOW 30th...don't think I've ever seen that before.

Send that to McD and Sarver and then we'll see if they think the playoffs are in reach.

Utah is being ravaged by injuries but once they get Burks and Favors back they'll roll in the second half.

The Rockets will make a move or two and they'll romp home too.

Then there's other mediocre teams circling the bowl like the Blazers and Pelicans, AND THEY HAVE THEIR STARS whereas we have none...We're done, we need to accept it and bottom out - nearly every team does it at some point or another, but we just can't accept it.

It was a valiant effort to 're-tool' vice 're-build', but at some point, you have to face the sheet of music that's in front of you. The GM nor HC will, because it's a direct reflection of their leadership; sorry, 'dem are the facts. But as fans, we all need to lay those rose-colored glasses aside, as Frank did months ago, and support the team, of course, but face reality. And hope the Warren/Len/Booker/Bogdan/'16 1st Rd pick era can pull us out in a couple of years.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#51 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Suns’ Jeff Hornacek: ‘Nobody is a quitter on this team’

http://arizonasports.com/story/525272/suns-jeff-hornacek-nobody-is-a-quitter-on-this-team/

Welcome to Fantasyland.

:banghead: Depression.....here we go!
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#52 » by DickGrayson » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 am

DickGrayson wrote:as a Knicks fan I have to say depression is a very common emotion.

I think you guys have hope however.

Devin Booker seems like a special kind of talent who will blossom similar to how Klay Thompson blossomed.

Suns always been a respectable franchise and will come back to the West as competitor agains. I was a fan of the Leandro Barbosa/Marcus Banks days....secretly a Marbury fan before he became a Knick. But whatever, keep your head up guys. Devin Booker will develop into something amazing.

what I said?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#53 » by ATTL » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 am

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Add Jackson or one of the point guards and we will cause stress in the playoffs in two years.
BrianFitz11
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#54 » by BrianFitz11 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:28 am

ATTL wrote:I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Add Jackson or one of the point guards and we will cause stress in the playoffs in two years.

I agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#55 » by Damkac » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Jackson + trade Bled for Ntilikina :nod:

Return to Phoenix Suns