The Trade Thread: All Eyes Toward The Offseason

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

OGBAH
Senior
And1: 312

Re: The Trade Thread: All Eyes Toward The Offseason 

Post#1961 » by OGBAH » Sat May 28, 2016 5:09 am

Ok I'm down to get Jah if the price is right
I think we'll have the upper hand if it comes down to the Celts and Suns as best trade partners... Is settling for Murray(4th pick) worth trading Jah in conference just to get Dunn with that 3rd pick is my question.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,474

Post#1962 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:08 am

OGBAH wrote:Ok I'm down to get Jah if the price is right
I think we'll have the upper hand if it comes down to the Celts and Suns as best trade partners... Is settling for Murray(4th pick) worth trading Jah in conference just to get Dunn with that 3rd pick is my question.

I don't think they will be too concerned about who they are trading him to if they trade him.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#1963 » by AtheJ415 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:36 am

1UPZ wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Rondo isnt garbage dude.

People loving Dunn.. For being a play maker... Well Rondo is one of the league's best play makers and reliable defender.

Far from garbage... On the right team, he is a legit contributor as proven by his production throughout the years.

He was really good with 3 hall of famers to set up. Since then, not so much.

It's funny, sometimes I think if people could orchestrate a lineup for the Suns including guys like Rondo, Gay and Cousins we could make the second round of the playoffs. Yet how many wins does Sac get with those guys? Seriously, how good are those guys, as bad as the west was this year, after the top 4 teams, if they couldn't even come CLOSE to making the playoffs?

His only weakness is he cant shoot the 3.

He is really good in everything else.

Put him on a team with a Klay thompson and another shooter and he will be just fine...

Jason Kidd couldnt shoot the 3pter very well either but he still hit enough of them to make a difference.

His weaknesses are everything team or locker room-oriented, and his shooting weakness is basically all non-layups--it's not just the 3. Dude is a PG sporting a career 60% ft shooting rate. You can't play him on offense in close games b/c you can hack him just like Dwight.

His VORP hasn't been good at all since 2012, and his overall offensive winshares do to how much he kills spacing has been negative in 3 of the past 4 years. His D rating was a 107 last year and the year before. He used to be at 98-100, which shows a substantial decline in defense. He hasn't been a good defender in years, and he can't seem to get along with hall of fame teammates and coaches.

Kidd didn't add a 3 ball until late in his career, but he wasn't a bad shooter. He was an elite FT shooter for most of his career, and could hit 2s. You couldn't not guard him. Rondo you can help off of constantly and foul intentionally whenever you please. It's a different scenario entirely.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#1964 » by AtheJ415 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:41 am

I don't think Okafor or Noel are the right fit for us, but I'd trade a player for them, but not the 4th pick. I'd rather draft a PF who is a good fit or a guard. If they want a guard, perhaps they'd want Knight, who is young enough for their core and has experience, which they may actually value. Either way, pick 4 shouldn't be on the table because we already have a promising C who fits our system much better.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#1965 » by DRK » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 am

Brandon Knight and #13
for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1966 » by thamadkant » Sat May 28, 2016 8:39 am

AtheJ415 wrote:I don't think Okafor or Noel are the right fit for us, but I'd trade a player for them, but not the 4th pick. I'd rather draft a PF who is a good fit or a guard. If they want a guard, perhaps they'd want Knight, who is young enough for their core and has experience, which they may actually value. Either way, pick 4 shouldn't be on the table because we already have a promising C who fits our system much better.

Suns have a promising center...

But fits the suns system better??

Didnt know the suns have a system...

Hornacek tried the 2 PG even 3 PG systen but that went terrible.

Watson's system consists of playing Booker 40 minutes...

There is no system....
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#1967 » by RaisingArizona » Sat May 28, 2016 3:44 pm

DRK wrote:Brandon Knight and #13
for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?

Not bad but isn't quite the blockbuster deal I'd want to see.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#1968 » by rsavaj » Sat May 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Gorilla Warfare wrote:I'd offer Knight and #34 for Okafor. Nothing better. There are solid players that can be had at 4, 13, and 28.

Bender/Murray/Brown at 4, Labissiere/Johnson/Valentine at 13, Maker at 28.

If we can get Bender, Labissiere, and Maker in the draft while also bringing in Bogdan and Horford and somehow get rid of Knight and Chandler that would be one hell of an offseason.

That offer would be laughed off the phone.

There are some potentially solid players available with those picks. That's the key word. The majority of draft picks do not work out. Dave King said it best in his bright side article today...in a 30 pick first round, there are usually ~10 starters produced, with another 10-15 role players at BEST. Most draft picks are whiffs.

I'd much rather translate that "potential" into a known quantity who happens to be only 20 years old.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#1969 » by rsavaj » Sat May 28, 2016 4:04 pm

for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?

yes and yes

does Ujiri do it?
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1970 » by darealjuice » Sat May 28, 2016 4:21 pm

rsavaj wrote:
for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?

yes and yes

does Ujiri do it?

I doubt it. They don't really need Brandon Knight, especially if DeRozan comes back and Norman Powell keeps improving. Delon Wright also has looked pretty good when given the opportunity.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1971 » by jcsunsfan » Sat May 28, 2016 5:08 pm

1UPZ wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:I don't think Okafor or Noel are the right fit for us, but I'd trade a player for them, but not the 4th pick. I'd rather draft a PF who is a good fit or a guard. If they want a guard, perhaps they'd want Knight, who is young enough for their core and has experience, which they may actually value. Either way, pick 4 shouldn't be on the table because we already have a promising C who fits our system much better.

There is no system....

I have often wondered why the NBA seems to be stuck in traditional roles (pf, sg, sf, pf, c). Would not the future of the NBA dictate something like pg, 2 wings, and 2 bigs. The line between sg and sf should blur as well as the line between pf and center. Zone defenses and the 3 point line make this almost an essential future strategy. I think the problem with the Suns for the last few years is that they have been trying to blur the lines between the wrong positions. PG is still a very specific role. The line between pg and sg, should not be blurred.

The problem with this is that it leaves small sg's out in the cold. If you are 6-2 and cannot play the point, you are also going to have a hard time playing a wing position. So, you would need a pg who can distribute. He can be small and speedy or bigger. Then you need two wings who are probably 6-5 to 6-9 (even 6-10 in some cases like Ingram) who can run, dive to the rim, and shoot from three. They also need to be able to play D on the perimeter. Then you play two C/F's. They both should be able to play interior D, protect the rim and rebound. If they can stretch the floor, it would really help. You probably are looking for one to stretch the floor and one who can post up. It doesn't matter who is faster or slower because they can switch up on D.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

The Trade Thread: All Eyes Toward The Offseason 

Post#1972 » by DRK » Sat May 28, 2016 5:59 pm

darealjuice wrote:
rsavaj wrote:
for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?

yes and yes

does Ujiri do it?

I doubt it. They don't really need Brandon Knight, especially if DeRozan comes back and Norman Powell keeps improving. Delon Wright also has looked pretty good when given the opportunity.

Do they max DeRozan at 26mill a year, or bring in Knight for half the price to play in a rotation of Knight, Lowry and Norman Powell.

Flip Terrence Ross to another team for a PF and youve avoided albatross contract of Derozan.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#1973 » by Kerrsed » Sat May 28, 2016 6:24 pm

I dont see Toronto moving anyone from their core. When you spend as much time as they have trying to make the playoffs and trying to get out of the 1st round, you dont degrade your team once you make the conference finals, thats when you look to improve on it.

Taking away guys like DeRozan or Carrol away kills their momentum. Not only are they good player, but fan favorites.

DeRozan will get his max money. Teams have ungodly amounts to spend with the cap rising so damn much over the offseason. Just like in years past, you will see guys get more money than they deserve, but this year it will seem like a crazy lot more.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,892

Post#1974 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 28, 2016 6:53 pm

for
DeMarre Carroll and #9?

I would say Toronto is 50/50 on that deal. Doesn't sound bad for either team.

1UPZ wrote:

There is no system....

We don't have a system. That is why this draft will be difficult. How do you draft the right fit when the team doesn't have an identity? I guess McD doesn't care and we go for the BPA.
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#1975 » by Gorilla Warfare » Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

rsavaj wrote:
Gorilla Warfare wrote:I'd offer Knight and #34 for Okafor. Nothing better. There are solid players that can be had at 4, 13, and 28.

Bender/Murray/Brown at 4, Labissiere/Johnson/Valentine at 13, Maker at 28.

If we can get Bender, Labissiere, and Maker in the draft while also bringing in Bogdan and Horford and somehow get rid of Knight and Chandler that would be one hell of an offseason.

That offer would be laughed off the phone.

There are some potentially solid players available with those picks. That's the key word. The majority of draft picks do not work out. Dave King said it best in his bright side article today...in a 30 pick first round, there are usually ~10 starters produced, with another 10-15 role players at BEST. Most draft picks are whiffs.

I'd much rather translate that "potential" into a known quantity who happens to be only 20 years old.

I'm not saying Sixers take that deal. They would be stupid to. That's just all I would offer. I'm not too high on Okafor with his character issues. He also can't play defense or rebound all that well, you know, things you would like to see out of a Center.
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#1976 » by Gorilla Warfare » Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 pm

dremill24 wrote:Why does everyone want Skal and Maker so Much? Basketball games are not won on YouTube

It's all potential with them, much like every player in this draft. Thon Maker is VERY raw but being the type of coach Earl Watson is he could mould Maker into quite the player, especially with Chandler if he remains on the roster.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#1977 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 28, 2016 7:35 pm

So given the choice, do you take Okafor or Noel ? Who ever drafts Dunn, should have that choice.
What ? Me Worry ?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,696

Post#1978 » by Qwigglez » Sat May 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Frank Lee wrote:So given the choice, do you take Okafor or Noel ? Who ever drafts Dunn, should have that choice.

Okafor easily. Noel will be going into his contract year as well as Len. Do we really want to give both guys a contract extension? Okafor on his rookie deal please.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#1979 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Frank Lee wrote:So given the choice, do you take Okafor or Noel ? Who ever drafts Dunn, should have that choice.

OK4
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#1980 » by saintEscaton » Sat May 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Gorilla Warfare wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Why does everyone want Skal and Maker so Much? Basketball games are not won on YouTube

It's all potential with them, much like every player in this draft. Thon Maker is VERY raw but being the type of coach Earl Watson is he could mould Maker into quite the player, especially with Chandler if he remains on the roster.

And what type of coach is that? What track record does he have developing young bigs?
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Return to Phoenix Suns