ImageImageImage

What do you think our team would have looked like this year and beyond had we signed LMA?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

What do you think our team would have looked like this year and beyond had we signed LMA? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Tue May 3, 2016 4:06 am

He is on fire in the playoffs. I don't know if he would have been as successful here, at least yet, but it would have made us significantly better, but not sure we would have made the playoffs this year anyway.

Next year would have been key, but would you rather us be here with a potential high pick or have him? Since it is a bad draft, I'd rather have him (of course if we end up with Simmons or Ingram, I'll take that). But if healthy with Bledsoe, Booker, Tucker/Warren, LMA and Chandler I think we definitely make the playoffs, and young guys get a taste, and maybe humiliated to some extent, which only makes them work harder in the off season.

Obviously the vast majority would have rather signed him at the time, but in hindsight with Bledsoe's injury and seeing how good we really were (though not having a legit PF, much less an elite all star one) hurt us tremendously.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,639

Re: What do you think our team would have looked like this year and beyond had we signed LMA? 

Post#2 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 3, 2016 4:38 am

It's funny you started this thread because I was asking myself the exact same question after Game 1. I don't think he'll be as successful here in Phoenix but I think we would've been a much better team. Losing Bledsoe hurt because we lost a decent amount of offense, offense which LMA could've carried. LMA is also one of those guys who as he got better as an individual player, the players around him got better too because he was a legit offensive presence drawing double teams.

I think I would still preferred to have signed LMA than not and end up with a top 5 pick. We would've been a dangerous team with good young players coming off the bench.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Re: What do you think our team would have looked like this year and beyond had we signed LMA? 

Post#3 » by DRK » Tue May 3, 2016 4:46 am

We would have been a top seed in the playoffs if everyone bought into the system and if we built the offence around LMA, and not Bled and Knight.

Having LMA as our go to option, and surrounding him with PJ, TJ, Booker and Knight as three point threats would have been pretty awesome to watch.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#4 » by darealjuice » Tue May 3, 2016 4:53 am

I still have nightmares about this sometimes. Going into next year with Bledsoe/Booker/Tucker/LMA/Chandler with Knight, TJ, Len, and Mirza off the bench... :banghead:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Tue May 3, 2016 5:04 am

DRK wrote:We would have been a top seed in the playoffs if everyone bought into the system and if we built the offence around LMA, and not Bled and Knight.

Having LMA as our go to option, and surrounding him with PJ, TJ, Booker and Knight as three point threats would have been pretty awesome to watch.

Well I don't think we crack top 3 and probably not top 4, especially with Bledsoe out, but had we gotten to that five seed, with Griffin and Paul going down, we would probably have advanced to play GS, which, even if we got blown out, would have been some nice progression and extra motivation for the team.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#6 » by saintEscaton » Tue May 3, 2016 5:50 am

Still a sub .500 40 win team at best even with a healthy Bledsoe. That might have bee enough to edge out Utah/Houston for the eight seed. Would have been a lazy shortcut that forestalled the rebuild, glad we hit rock bottom. It was a necessary wake up call that hopefully doesn't fall on deaf ears
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,696

Post#7 » by Qwigglez » Tue May 3, 2016 7:31 am

We would have been legit. Most likely traded Kieff to the Wizards for their pick with top 15 protection instead of whatever protection they have on it right now. I feel like we were in such disarray the beginning of the season just because of the chemistry issues, yet Bledsoe/Knight were playing like fire. I really enjoyed watching Booker play, and I doubt that would have happened had LMA signed with us, but I would have preferred watching a team actually win some games.
We definitely would have been a much deeper team and I imagine we'd be a top 4 team unless Bledsoe still gets injured.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#8 » by LukasBMW » Thu May 5, 2016 7:03 am

To make both LMA and Tyson fit under the cap, one of the signings would have had to be a sign in trade. I think we figured out that either Keef or Tucker would be sent packing.

Let's for the sake of chemistry assume it was Keef and let's assume he wound up in Dallas (we signed LMA outright and Cuban came out ahead getting Keef in exchange for Chandler)

Bledsoe/Price
Knight/Booker
PJ/TJ/Mirza
LMA/Leur
Chandler/Len

Assuming better chemistry and no Bledsoe injury, I think we compete for the 4th or 5th seed. I really do! We have a really deep team at that point.

Too bad. Too bad. :(
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#10 » by Gorilla Warfare » Sat May 7, 2016 3:58 am

We would have been the 7th seed and lost in the first round, or 6th seed.

Return to Phoenix Suns