Around the NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#441 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:27 pm

I wonder how D'Antoni will do in Houston. I also wonder how he will impact Harden's stats. He will basically be using Harden in the same way he used Nash, and has the perfect floor spreaders in Gordon, Ariza and Anderson. Dekker too if he can get in there.

Defense will be atrocious but if healthy, they could have a pretty elite offense. Rebounding could be a problem as well so they will need Capela, Hilario and Harrell to really be rebounding machines when they play. I guess they don't have a real good inside finisher. Kind of a weird team suddenly. They used to have so much depth and it seems like they suddenly don't have much.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#442 » by LukasBMW » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:38 pm

I think Houston will play out like the Knicks. Injuries and no defense. Unless they acquire some more talent, I don't expect them to finish higher then 6th or 7th. I really think they could miss the playoffs again.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#443 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 pm

LukasBMW wrote:I think Houston will play out like the Knicks. Injuries and no defense. Unless they acquire some more talent, I don't expect them to finish higher then 6th or 7th. I really think they could miss the playoffs again.

Yes I think the top 4 is probably a clear tier ahead and maybe Utah and possibly Portland too. I'm just more curious about style and if there will be the real kind of ball movement D'Antoni wants or if Harden will continue with astronomical usage rates and tons of dribbling.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#444 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm

John Wall recently said he and Bradley Beal “have a tendency to dislike each other,” which is a strange thing to publicly admit. The Wizards’ chemistry issues are apparent, and it’s not like Wall said they actually hate each other, but an inclination to get agitated is not out of his character. Wall is known to keep a close eye on what other players are making, and the paper tossed around this summer has reportedly irked him. One league source familiar with Wall’s state of mind simply put it this way: “Wall’s got jealousy issues. He’s always upset with someone who makes more money than him.”

https://theringer.com/washington-wizards-john-wall-bradley-beal-6124b39352a1#.jua5qqqb0

I'm sure Markieff will take care of the issue. He certainly can't be happy about how much HE is making in relation to these guys.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#445 » by Damkac » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:15 pm

It's incredible someone can make over 15 000 000 $ a year and be jealous about money. Even "underpaid" Markieff earn in one year more than 99% of people on the Earth will earn in their whole life.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#446 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 4, 2016 3:13 pm

Read on Twitter
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#447 » by batsmasher » Mon Sep 5, 2016 12:36 am

Damkac wrote:It's incredible someone can make over 15 000 000 $ a year and be jealous about money. Even "underpaid" Markieff earn in one year more than 99% of people on the Earth will earn in their whole life.

It's off season so I can do this:
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#448 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:54 am

This is interesting.... viewtopic.php?p=49184390#p49184390
LukasBMW

Post#449 » by LukasBMW » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:This is interesting.... viewtopic.php?p=49184390#p49184390

That's really cool. It's pretty obvious IT loves basketball. It's also obvious that he appreciates the fans. I mean, he had no way of knowing the kid would put this on Instagram and it would get so much media attention. He didn't do this for marketing or attention, he did this because he wanted to shoot hoops.

Respect IT.
Damkac
Analyst

Post#450 » by Damkac » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:15 pm

He got too much hate here when he was on the team.
LukasBMW

Post#451 » by LukasBMW » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Damkac wrote:He got too much hate here when he was on the team.

I love IT for his fire and his heart, but he obviously was not happy here AND as much as talented as he is, he may never be able to lead a team through the playoffs (where defense is crucial) due to his height.

I wish him well and I hope he kicks ass in the eastern conference, but I'm glad we now have a more traditional (and proper sized) Bledsoe/Booker backcourt. Our new 5"9" point guard will have no problems being a backup/6th man.
Damkac
Analyst

Post#452 » by Damkac » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 am

Breaking news!
Two of former Suns stars change teams!
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243405/Bucks-Acquire-Michael-Beasley-From-Rockets-For-Tyler-Ennis
Didn't even know Beasley was on Rockets :lol:
Damkac
Analyst

Post#453 » by Damkac » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:50 am

Kobe, Duncan, Garnett retiring. There is a big hole to fill.

Watched some hightlights of Towns, Davis, Porzingis yesterday and was wondering if any of them will be that great. I also enjoyed video of that Booker guy :P
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#454 » by Saberestar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Read on Twitter
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#455 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's odd. Undefined ankle pain and he is out for the season?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#456 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Nerlens Noel feels disrespected.

The 76ers center wants clarity about his future. He loves Philadelphia and his Sixers teammates. But after three years of watching his team tank, after years of wondering how he fits in, Noel said Sunday he needs for his current situation to change.

"I think it's just silly . . . this situation that we are in now with three starting centers," Noel said on the eve of the Sixers' media day. "With the departure of [former general manager and president] Sam Hinkie, I would have figured that management would be able to get something done this summer."

The Sixers declined to comment on the matter.

"I think something needs to happen," Noel said.

So is he demanding to be traded?

Noel will most likely become a reserve center to Joel Embiid, who the Sixers think will be a force in this league if he stays healthy. Noel said that he's not asking to be traded or demanding that the Sixers trade someone else. He just wants them to hurry up and do the inevitable.

"I feel like it definitely needs to be figured out," he said. "I think at the end of the day, again, you have three starting-caliber centers. And it's just not going to work to anybody's advantage having that on the same team. That's how I'm looking at it. I'm not opposed to anything, but things need to be situated."

Noel said he wasn't speaking negatively about the team's other starting-caliber centers, Embiid and Jahlil Okafor. Nor was he speaking for them.

"Don't get me wrong. We all get along great on the court and off the court," Noel said. "But at the end of the day, it's like having three starting quarterbacks. It doesn't make any sense."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#457 » by DirtyDez » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:05 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

The 76ers center wants clarity about his future. He loves Philadelphia and his Sixers teammates. But after three years of watching his team tank, after years of wondering how he fits in, Noel said Sunday he needs for his current situation to change.

"I think it's just silly . . . this situation that we are in now with three starting centers," Noel said on the eve of the Sixers' media day. "With the departure of [former general manager and president] Sam Hinkie, I would have figured that management would be able to get something done this summer."

Noel will most likely become a reserve center to Joel Embiid, who the Sixers think will be a force in this league if he stays healthy. Noel said that he's not asking to be traded or demanding that the Sixers trade someone else. He just wants them to hurry up and do the inevitable.

"I feel like it definitely needs to be figured out," he said. "I think at the end of the day, again, you have three starting-caliber centers. And it's just not going to work to anybody's advantage having that on the same team. That's how I'm looking at it. I'm not opposed to anything, but things need to be situated."

Noel said he wasn't speaking negatively about the team's other starting-caliber centers, Embiid and Jahlil Okafor. Nor was he speaking for them.

"Don't get me wrong. We all get along great on the court and off the court," Noel said. "But at the end of the day, it's like having three starting quarterbacks. It doesn't make any sense."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html

The 76ers have three starting quarterbacks in the same sense as the Cleveland Browns have three starting quarterbacks. None of them are franchise players and nobody willing to trade anything substantial for any of them.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#458 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:10 pm

DirtyDez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The 76ers have three starting quarterbacks in the same sense as the Cleveland Browns have three starting quarterbacks. None of them are franchise players and nobody willing to trade anything substantial for any of them.

I think they all have potential, and Embiid is unknown. The former two are definitely not franchise players, and likely not Embiid either, but I won't write him off until I see him.
Damkac
Analyst

Post#459 » by Damkac » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 pm

One center who don't play offense.
One center who don't play defence.
One center who don't play at all.
Two point forwards who didn't play any minute yet.
For few years of hardcore tanking that's not great result.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#460 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 pm

Curious on people's thoughts here... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1480388

Return to Phoenix Suns