No votes

Total votes: 76

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

2016 Draft Thread Part 4 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:42 pm

McD's car broke down outside my house. Him and Chriss came to my door and asked if Chriss could use my bathroom. While he was in there i asked McD if Chriss was going #1 or #2, and he told me he is going #4. True story.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Re: 2016 Draft Thread Part 3 

Post#2 » by Saberestar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:43 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
darealjuice wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/743921879258390528[/tweet]

McD out to lunch with Chriss right now apparently, picture is in link lol

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevefoote12/status/743923195435069440[/tweet]

The guy claims he heard him tell Chriss that he's the guy at 4 :o

If that's true that are HORRIBLE NEWS in my opinion.
My last favorite player BY A MILE, I wouldn't pick him even at #13. Like Oubre in last year's draft, this guy doesn't have a clue about playing team basketball, not feel for the game AT ALL.

Another athletic player ala Gerald Green..... AT #4!!!! :banghead:

Hopefully this guy on twitter doesn't know exactly what was happening and he didn't heard anything.

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock into some random guy on twitter. We may very well take him at 4 if he's available but what does this guy know?

He doesn't look like the best of sources for info. https://twitter.com/stevefoote12

Yeah, I know....I was a bit overreacting :D .

But I think this guy is our pick at #4. After knowing that Chriss has travelled to Phoenix for a "secret" lunch with McDonough and he is a freshman PF....he is gonna be our guy. :nonono:
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,172

Post#3 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Kerrsed wrote:McD's car broke down outside my house. Him and Chriss came to my door and asked if Chriss could use my bathroom. While he was in there i asked McD if Chriss was going #1 or #2, and he told me he is going #4. True story.

Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#4 » by darealjuice » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:47 pm

If Bender is off the board at 3, then whatever take a flier on Chriss. He's got the highest ceiling of anyone out of the top 2, if we feel that we can make him reach that then I won't be mad. If Bender is still on the board, I might be a little upset.

It's weird to me that this guy didn't recognize Chriss if he's into the draft though. I just don't get the point of lying about it, but I guess a lot dumber things have been said and made up on Twitter.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#5 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Kerrsed wrote:McD's car broke down outside my house. Him and Chriss came to my door and asked if Chriss could use my bathroom. While he was in there i asked McD if Chriss was going #1 or #2, and he told me he is going #4. True story.

haha what would be #4?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:00 pm

darealjuice wrote:If Bender is off the board at 3, then whatever take a flier on Chriss. He's got the highest ceiling of anyone out of the top 2, if we feel that we can make him reach that then I won't be mad. If Bender is still on the board, I might be a little upset.

Have you seen a full game of Washington? When seeing a full game (no highlights) you can really appreciate that this guy is LOST half of the time on defense and offense. Bad at making rotations on defense, watching the ball a ton of times, not interesting at all about boxing out, wasting time offensively because he didn't know where he needed to be on a set, dumb fouls.......

Yeah, he is a terrific athlete and he can make amazing dunks/blocks here and there and his shooting (without dribbling ) is decent...but that is all IMO.

Well...we will see if he is our choice. If he is a Sun next week I will cheer for him not matter what.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#7 » by Kerrsed » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:02 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevefoote12/status/743938262301974529[/tweet]
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#8 » by Frank Lee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:04 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:

haha what would be #4?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two #2s ?

Bad Mexican food for lunch ?
What ? Me Worry ?
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#9 » by bhawk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 pm

What the.... relevant to the Dunn lovers...

NBADraft.net ‏@nbadraftnet 4m4 minutes ago
Another PHX rumor: Rich Paul will push to have Eric Bledsoe moved this offseason putting Kris Dunn in play at 4 as well.

https://twitter.com/nbadraftnet?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#10 » by letsgosuns » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Gambo gave a ton of information on Chriss today. Sounds like he is ultimately going to be the Suns pick if he is available. Gambo said he has it from a prominent NBA source that the Suns absolutely want Chriss. Said the Suns scouts think he is the biggest risk/reward player in the draft and will either be like Amare or Tyrus Thomas. He then went on to say another team told him that Chriss is more like McDyess and not Amare. I would not be surprised if it was Ainge that told him that. One other team told him they think Chriss has a good shot and is like a Marion type jumper.

Gambo also mentioned that he does not think the Suns will pick Dunn or Bender even if they are available and instead are focused on Jamal Murray, Hield, and Chriss. Starts at the 32:10 mark if anyone wants to listen. http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=322608
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Re: Re: Re: 2016 Draft Thread Part 3 

Post#11 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:12 pm

letsgosuns wrote:Gambo gave a ton of information on Chriss today. Sounds like he is ultimately going to be the Suns pick if he is available. Gambo said he has it from a prominent NBA source that the Suns absolutely want Chriss. Said the Suns scouts think he is the biggest risk/reward player in the draft and will either be like Amare or Tyrus Thomas. He then went on to say another team told him that Chriss is more like McDyess and not Amare. I would not be surprised if it was Ainge that told him that. One other team told him they think Chriss has a good shot and is like a Marion type jumper.

Gambo also mentioned that he does not think the Suns will pick Dunn or Bender even if they are available and instead are focused on Jamal Murray, Hield, and Chriss. Starts at the 32:10 mark if anyone wants to listen. http://arizonasports.com/player/?a=322608

Jesus if the suns pass on bender for chriss, buddy, or Murray I'm not going to be happy.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#12 » by Saberestar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 pm

bhawk wrote:What the.... relevant to the Dunn lovers...

Another PHX rumor: Rich Paul will push to have Eric Bledsoe moved this offseason putting Kris Dunn in play at 4 as well.

:o
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#13 » by darealjuice » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Saberestar wrote:
darealjuice wrote:If Bender is off the board at 3, then whatever take a flier on Chriss. He's got the highest ceiling of anyone out of the top 2, if we feel that we can make him reach that then I won't be mad. If Bender is still on the board, I might be a little upset.

Have you seen a full game of Washington? When seeing a full game (no highlights) you can really appreciate that this guy is LOST half of the time on defense and offense. Bad at making rotations on defense, watching the ball a ton of times, not interesting at all about boxing out, wasting time offensively because he didn't know where he needed to be on a set, dumb fouls.......

Yeah, he is a terrific athlete and he can make amazing dunks/blocks here and there and his shooting (without dribbling ) is decent...but that is all IMO.

Well...we will see if he is our choice. If he is a Sun next week I will cheer for him not matter what.

I have seen him play in person once and watched all of their PAC 12 tournament and NIT games, and some during conference play. He definitely looked lost at times but he's also relatively new to the game, so there's a lot of blank space to fill for him. His rebounding sucked on defense, but if he can do it on offense then I'm sure NBA coaches can figure out how to transfer it to the other end. It's about who's going to be the best prospect in their career, not their rookie year, and if they feel his floor is high enough to swing for the fences on the fourth pick then I can't say I don't understand. I definitely am afraid of him busting, but he's got all the tools to be very good. I agree though, regardless of who we pick I'll be a fan.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#14 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Interesting.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:24 pm

letsgosuns wrote:Gambo gave a ton of information on Chriss today. Sounds like he is ultimately going to be the Suns pick if he is available. Gambo said he has it from a prominent NBA source that the Suns absolutely want Chriss. Said the Suns scouts think he is the biggest risk/reward player in the draft and will either be like Amare or Tyrus Thomas. He then went on to say another team told him that Chriss is more like McDyess and not Amare. I would not be surprised if it was Ainge that told him that. One other team told him they think Chriss has a good shot and is like a Marion type jumper.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Post#16 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Man I want to be optimistic but I get this sinking feeling once the dust settles from the draft and free agency there's a pretty good chance I'm going to be very frustrated with the moves the suns have made.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#17 » by RaisingArizona » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:25 pm

Good news for me.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#18 » by batsmasher » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 pm

Lol. Best thing about draft night is being disappointed and subsequently being delighted when I yet again realise McD is smarter than me and we've drafted a stud.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
andguy22
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#19 » by andguy22 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#20 » by TeamTragic » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 pm

Return to Phoenix Suns