I don't like it
9%

Total votes: 68

GMATCallahan
Suns Forum History Expert
And1: 749

Re: Coro/Woj: Suns sign Jared Dudley for 3 years, $30 million 

Post#61 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 3:26 am

DRK wrote:Great deal. Even better numbers. 3/30 is awesome considering some of the contracts getting thrown around. Jerryd Bayleas got 3/27, Evan Turner got 4/70.

Welcome home JYD!

Well, Turner possesses way more offensive game than Dudley, even though the latter is a much better perimeter shooter. I actually feel that Turner's contract is a bargain compared to the money thrown at Nicolas Batum and Chandler Parsons.

That said, I concur that the Dudley contract is efficient. He can defend at three positions while also constituting a legitimate three-point shooter, which basically makes him a more useful version of P.J. Tucker, who provides the defense yet not the reliable shooting.
GMATCallahan

Post#62 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 3:59 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Would've loved to sign both but I really think it would only make sense to sign one or the other. My preference as already stated is Leuer. I fully recognise the contribution Dudley is likely to make, I just think as a player and as an asset (value wise) Leuer would've been the better pick of the two.

What matters really come down to is that one would usually rather have a guy from ages twenty-seven to thirty than from thirty-one to thirty-three ...

I do agree with bwgood that Dudley's greater positional versatility at least gives the Suns more options in terms of who to trade and how to construct the roster moving forward.
GMATCallahan

Post#63 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:05 am

Wormwood74 wrote:I don't like it simply because they have committed to playing him exclusively as a PF, where he is out of position. He's going to spend night after night just getting obliterated in the paint (and so are we). Playing guys so much bigger takes a physical toll, so I expect him to sustain injuries as a result.

Regardless of what anyone says in July, Dudley could certainly see minutes at small forward and even shooting guard. And, really, Phoenix features a lot of interchangeable players and guys may be switching or cross-matching constantly. The whole "position" thing is just a media contour as much as anything.

In today's NBA, hardly anyone posts up on a consistent basis, and even fewer players actually possess good post-up games. Although opponents could take advantage of Dudley here and there, what looms larger nowadays is whether a front-court player can switch onto a guard in pick-and-roll situations or coming off down screens and defend beyond the three-point arc.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#64 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:41 am

GMATCallahan wrote:
Wormwood74 wrote:I don't like it simply because they have committed to playing him exclusively as a PF, where he is out of position. He's going to spend night after night just getting obliterated in the paint (and so are we). Playing guys so much bigger takes a physical toll, so I expect him to sustain injuries as a result.

Regardless of what anyone says in July, Dudley could certainly see minutes at small forward and even shooting guard. And, really, Phoenix features a lot of interchangeable players and guys may be switching or cross-matching constantly. The whole "position" thing is just a media contour as much as anything.

In today's NBA, hardly anyone posts up on a consistent basis, and even fewer players actually possess good post-up games. Although opponents could take advantage of Dudley here and there, what looms larger nowadays is whether a front-court player can switch onto a guard in pick-and-roll situations or coming off down screens and defend beyond the three-point arc.

Yes, Dudley may have said something about playing PF that people are hanging on, but I'm guessing Tucker will be the guy to guard the bigger PFs if he is here....on offense, defining people by position other than center and PG is kind of pointless, at least if you are trying to play the way many teams are trying to do...2-4 stand on the perimeter on offense and guard who they best are capable of on defense.
GetYourPHX
Pro Prospect
And1: 789

Post#65 » by GetYourPHX » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
GetYourPHX wrote:Image

Honestly a blah signing. I'm a Dudley fan like the rest of you, but what is he bringing to this team right now? I mean, did we just spend a ninth of our cap on veteran leadership?

What is the other option? We needed a stretch 4 that could play defense. Dudley is much more well rounded than either Telly or Leuer. Much better passer ... more steals ... higher three point percentage ... higher true shooting percentage ... doesn't take as many shots ... much better leadership ... higher bbiq ... shorter and cheaper contract ... played majority of time at PF last year for Washington

Here is a comparison of the three http://bkref.com/tiny/xhb4p

He is actually one of the best options to work with two young PFs that are going to get playing time this year.

I agree for leadership and possibly trading Tucker mostly...though Tucker should play PF not him...if you looked at how he played at PF (and someone posted the actual minutes and he played mostly at SF and was certainly more effective at PF)...he lost BIG time on the other end playing PF.

But your link doesn't do too much for me. Firstly, Dudley rarely shot...he played far more minutes than both of them and still had fewer shots...if you look sat per 36 he had WAY lower shot rate. I don't think he holds up that 3 pt % on as many shots..perhaps, but it is unknown, and my guess is he would finish 3rd of those guys.

Also, comparing their PER's is ugly for Dudley.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with signing Dudley for the next three years. His deal won't make or break this roster anytime soon. I actually like the player, I just don't think he brings anything to the Suns in 2016-2017.

I just don't want to give McD props for this or pretend it's some sort of coup. It's a "blah" signing.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#66 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:54 am

GMATCallahan wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Would've loved to sign both but I really think it would only make sense to sign one or the other. My preference as already stated is Leuer. I fully recognise the contribution Dudley is likely to make, I just think as a player and as an asset (value wise) Leuer would've been the better pick of the two.

What matters really come down to is that one would usually rather have a guy from ages twenty-seven to thirty than from thirty-one to thirty-three ...

I do agree with bwgood that Dudley's greater positional versatility at least gives the Suns more options in terms of who to trade and how to construct the roster moving forward.

Totally see the contribution and fit from Dudley's end. Just wondering whether we let go of young up and coming talent for a need right now.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
GMATCallahan

Post#67 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:56 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:[url]Here is a comparison of the three http://bkref.com/tiny/xhb4p[/url]

I agree for leadership and possibly trading Tucker mostly...though Tucker should play PF not him...if you looked at how he played at PF (and someone posted the actual minutes and he played mostly at SF and was certainly more effective at PF)...he lost BIG time on the other end playing PF.

But your link doesn't do too much for me. Firstly, Dudley rarely shot...he played far more minutes than both of them and still had fewer shots...if you look sat per 36 he had WAY lower shot rate. I don't think he holds up that 3 pt % on as many shots..perhaps, but it is unknown, and my guess is he would finish 3rd of those guys.

Dudley did attempt more total field goals than Leuer; he averaged fewer field goals than Leuer despite averaging more minutes, which is what you must have meant. Regardless, Dudley's three-point volume was still significant (2.9 per game), and he attempted over twice as many total threes as Leuer (238 to 110). The difference was that Teletovic and Leuer averaged more two-point attempts, which makes sense given their greater size.

The difference in PER just seems to reflect the difference in rebounding. Leuer and Teletovic will give you more rebounds given their greater size, but Dudley should compensate to some extent with greater defensive versatility, which PER does not measure. (As I have indicated, PER is a slipshod metric at best—at best.) Dudley's .420 three-point field goal percentage last season is not that much higher than the .400 that he shot on threes over his previous seven seasons. Dudley is yet another player, much like Channing Frye, James Jones, Raja Bell, Eddie House, and others, who people fallaciously believed was "made" by Steve Nash yet turned out to be an effective and efficient—even elite—shooter irrespective of Nash.

The big statistical difference, as I see it, is that Dudley's assists and assists-to-turnover ratio are much better than those of Leuer and Teletovic. One point that I have made is that with lead guards who are 'challenged' as playmakers in Bledsoe and Knight (and even Goodwin), the Suns need to compensate with better front-court passers, and Dudley should help in that regard. Obviously, he is nothing extraordinary as a passer, but his assists-to-turnover ratio in recent years (2.0:1.0 over the last four seasons) is very good for a forward or swingman and suggests that Dudley moves the ball, makes good decisions, and is more accurate than most non-point guards. Combined with his three-point accuracy (not to mention his defensive tenacity), Dudley is reminiscent of Mario Elie. As you can see from the following link, Elie—while a role player and not a high-volume guy at all—ranked among the twenty most efficient offensive players in the NBA in '96-'97 according to the offensive efficiency metric Floor Percentage (created by Dean Oliver). Although not a perfect metric, its big-picture results make sense. (For instance, John Stockton and Kevin Johnson were by far the most efficient offensive point guards in the NBA, Jeff Hornacek was the second-most efficient offensive shooting guard after Michael Jordan, the most efficient high-volume offensive players were Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, Kevin Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, and Grant Hill, and so forth and so on.)

http://www.rawbw.com/~deano/stats97/blflpldrs.htm

If that metric were being tabulated today, Dudley is the kind of guy—with his .601 True Shooting Percentage and 2.1:1.0 assists-to-turnover ratio last season—who, like Elie back then, might make the top-twenty leader board. Elie could do more off the dribble than Dudley, including running pick-and-rolls, and he was more athletic, but their total value may be similar.

The kinds of players listed at that link were the types who media members and fans either valued correctly or severely underrated. The big names who did not make that list were often overrated, at least offensively. What the guys on that list all had in common was that they were intelligent and/or selfless players who understood how to play within their limitations (or how not to force matters) in order to eliminate 'bad plays' that would cost their team's offense. Indeed, Dudley is exactly that kind of player.

Of course, we are rather splitting hairs here. Dudley is the sort of player who can make a contending club, such as the '09-'10 Suns, better, much as Elie did in Houston and San Antonio (and, to a lesser degree, maybe even Phoenix in his final season in '00-'01). But like Elie, Dudley is not the kind of player who will make a bad team notably better—hence the '12-'13 Suns. The question is how bad Phoenix will be next year. I am not sure, but the Suns still seem like a gigantic construction zone to me. Bender and Chriss are extremely young and inexperienced, and Phoenix almost has the look of a college team in places. I do not sense that enough of the current players really complement each other, and the Suns are still missing what they need the most, which is a guy who can make the game easier for everyone around him, creating continuity and cogency. Of course, those players are fairly rare by definition, but you need at least one or two of them to become a serious threat. There may be some intriguing diamonds in the rough on this roster, but I have the feeling that Phoenix will need to make at least one or two more big trades down the road in order to create some coherence.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#68 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 5:15 am

GetYourPHX wrote:Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with signing Dudley for the next three years. His deal won't make or break this roster anytime soon. I actually like the player, I just don't think he brings anything to the Suns in 2016-2017.

I just don't want to give McD props for this or pretend it's some sort of coup. It's a "blah" signing.

Oh, believe me, I'm not sitting back and saying "killer signing by McD". I mean Dudley probably wanted to come back. It was probably an easy slam dunk one, but I do think his personality will ease up the locker room a bit after the Morris twin stuff and the rest of our roster not seemingly having much. I think he will help in that regard. I'm not particularly concerned about wins this year as much as development and having a better atmosphere makes it much easier to people to enjoy a season even if losing.
GMATCallahan

Post#69 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 5:33 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Totally see the contribution and fit from Dudley's end. Just wondering whether we let go of young up and coming talent for a need right now.

I am not sure that Leuer really amounts to "young up-and-coming talent," namely because he was already twenty-six last season and I am not certain how much better he could be. That said, I do share your concern in the sense that Leuer's best years could be right ahead of him, whereas at Dudley's age, the Suns could end up paying more for his past. As you indicated earlier, the worry is not about his skills eroding or his athleticism declining per se (since his game was never rooted in athleticism). However, with age, there is a greater chance of physical breakdown, although the Suns' training staff alleviates that concern to some extent.

I guess that the Suns felt that in body type, Leuer was too similar to Bender and Chriss. Conversely, even if Phoenix presently claims that Dudley will serve as a power forward, the reality is that he can play with Bender and Chriss more easily and more often than could have been the case with Leuer. (Leuer theoretically could have served as a center in smaller lineups, but the presence of both Chandler and Len on the roster limits those possibilities.) After all, Dudley served not only as a small forward for the Suns in the past, but also as a shooting guard—he was the Suns' starting shooting guard for over two seasons, with Grant Hill, Michael Beasley, or P.J. Tucker starting at small forward. Additionally, management may have been leery of giving a four-year guarantee to a guy, in Leuer, who is not that established, whereas Dudley has proven himself on a perennial basis.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#70 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 6:02 am

GMATCallahan wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Totally see the contribution and fit from Dudley's end. Just wondering whether we let go of young up and coming talent for a need right now.

I am not sure that Leuer really amounts to "young up-and-coming talent," namely because he was already twenty-six last season and I am not certain how much better he could be. That said, I do share your concern in the sense that Leuer's best years could be right ahead of him, whereas at Dudley's age, the Suns could end up paying more for his past. As you indicated earlier, the worry is not about his skills eroding or his athleticism declining per se (since his game was never rooted in athleticism). However, with age, there is a greater chance of physical breakdown, although the Suns' training staff alleviates that concern to some extent.

I guess that the Suns felt that in body type, Leuer was too similar to Bender and Chriss. Conversely, even if Phoenix presently claims that Dudley will serve as a power forward, the reality is that he can play with Bender and Chriss more easily and more often than could have been the case with Leuer. (Leuer theoretically could have served as a center in smaller lineups, but the presence of both Chandler and Len on the roster limits those possibilities.) After all, Dudley served not only as a small forward for the Suns in the past, but also as a shooting guard—he was the Suns' starting shooting guard for over two seasons, with Grant Hill, Michael Beasley, or P.J. Tucker starting at small forward. Additionally, management may have been leery of giving a four-year guarantee to a guy, in Leuer, who is not that established, whereas Dudley has proven himself on a perennial basis.

I will admit, I wanted us to keep Leuer, and even signed him in an entire mock offseason they did on these forums..but only 2/16 and my only other signing was Ish Smith at 2/8 and then I made two trades...Tucker and Chandler for Kanter and Knight for Ariza and Harrell.

Anyway, back to the Leuer point. I would have rather signed him, but I am a glass half full guy and looking at the Dudley signing I think helps not as much from an on court perspective, but a locker room, chemistry leading to a better on court result in the future.

We haven't really ever had to go through a true rebuild. I think we thought we were going to a few years ago and then Hornacek overachieves and everyone seemed to expect this team to make noise in the playoffs and between that, roster shuffling, the Morris situation, it just took too much of a toll, and the team went into the tank.

Even though I personally liked Hornacek, I think the way that played out will end up working better for us in the long run as far as roster construction and timeline of competing is concerned. Of course all of us have an assumption that our rookies will pan out and they could all easily bust, so that would not be good, but Bender seems to be the real deal...multiple people from europe have said he was more impressive at his age than anyone they have ever seen. Chriss is a HUGE wildcard, but I think he is in a good place. Ulis is a player regardless. He will be a guy fans love I am guessing.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#71 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 6:44 am

GMATCallahan wrote:

If we include Chriss and Bender in the conversation then I totally understand favouring Dudley over Leuer. I know Leuer is already 27 but I thought last year was sort of his version of a break out year. He got good (but sometimes inconsistent) minutes and I thought he delivered more often than not. He's far from an Anthony Davis but I thought he played well and his best days are likely ahead of him as we know bigs tend to hit their stride much later in their careers than guards.

Again, this is likely a good move as it shows our new draftees that we believe in them and that this is their team to own oneday rather than have them battle Leuer for minutes who damn well isn't going to let a second of playing time go to them if he has any say in it.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
GMATCallahan

Post#72 » by GMATCallahan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 8:52 am

lilfishi22 wrote:If we include Chriss and Bender in the conversation then I totally understand favouring Dudley over Leuer. I know Leuer is already 27 but I thought last year was sort of his version of a break out year. He got good (but sometimes inconsistent) minutes and I thought he delivered more often than not. He's far from an Anthony Davis but I thought he played well and his best days are likely ahead of him as we know bigs tend to hit their stride much later in their careers than guards.

Again, this is likely a good move as it shows our new draftees that we believe in them and that this is their team to own oneday rather than have them battle Leuer for minutes who damn well isn't going to let a second of playing time go to them if he has any say in it.

Competing for playing time with Leuer, and learning from a guy who has had to earn everything to make his way this far, would not have been the worst experience for Bender and Chriss. That said, Dudley's versatility and mid-sized nature just creates a more balanced and flexible roster and avoids the overload that could have prevented the Suns from fully learning what Bender or Chriss had to offer.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#73 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
GetYourPHX wrote:Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with signing Dudley for the next three years. His deal won't make or break this roster anytime soon. I actually like the player, I just don't think he brings anything to the Suns in 2016-2017.

Oh, believe me, I'm not sitting back and saying "killer signing by McD". I mean Dudley probably wanted to come back. It was probably an easy slam dunk one, but I do think his personality will ease up the locker room a bit after the Morris twin stuff and the rest of our roster not seemingly having much. I think he will help in that regard. I'm not particularly concerned about wins this year as much as development and having a better atmosphere makes it much easier to people to enjoy a season even if losing.

Sometimes the signing isn't "killer" on its own, but the entire approach to free agency is. What is "killer" is what McD has NOt done--overload this roster with a bunch of vets would feel entitled to big minutes. Dudley is a team guy who will cheer Bender, Chriss, or TJ if they start producing and getting big minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#74 » by batsmasher » Wed Jul 6, 2016 7:28 pm

Don't underestimate the value of a vet cheerleader (particularly one who has a great rep with the city).

I say cheerleader because I think guys like Len, Chriss and Bender probably need some more confidence in themselves.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#75 » by aIvin adams » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:08 pm

batsmasher wrote:Don't underestimate the value of a vet cheerleader (particularly one who has a great rep with the city).

I say cheerleader because I think guys like Len, Chriss and Bender probably need some more confidence in themselves.

yah guys like dudley and barbosa are the kind of guys you don't mind getting onto a bus with after a loss. the kind of guys who don't spread bad feelings by criticizing teammates/coaches behind their backs. the kind of guys who slap you on the back of the shoulder and remind you that it's OK and you gotta work through it.

i would have preferred if Dudley were on a two year contract but it is what it is.

at least one more good lotto pick next year hopefully
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#76 » by King4Day » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I was thinking that Chandler has to appreciate this signing too. It gives him another vet to relate with.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#77 » by NTB » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:33 pm

carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#78 » by King4Day » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:35 pm

NTB wrote:http://www.basketballinsiders.com/video-jared-dudley-on-joining-the-phoenix-suns/

Good to watch. I really can't wait for the preseason to come.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#79 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:29 pm

If nothing else, the Suns have really moved up on the "likability" scale this year.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#80 » by aIvin adams » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 am

GMATCallahan wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:[url]Here is a comparison of the three http://bkref.com/tiny/xhb4p[/url]

Dudley did attempt more total field goals than Leuer; he averaged fewer field goals than Leuer despite averaging more minutes, which is what you must have meant. Regardless, Dudley's three-point volume was still significant (2.9 per game), and he attempted over twice as many total threes as Leuer (238 to 110). The difference was that Teletovic and Leuer averaged more two-point attempts, which makes sense given their greater size.

The difference in PER just seems to reflect the difference in rebounding. Leuer and Teletovic will give you more rebounds given their greater size, but Dudley should compensate to some extent with greater defensive versatility, which PER does not measure. (As I have indicated, PER is a slipshod metric at best—at best.) Dudley's .420 three-point field goal percentage last season is not that much higher than the .400 that he shot on threes over his previous seven seasons. Dudley is yet another player, much like Channing Frye, James Jones, Raja Bell, Eddie House, and others, who people fallaciously believed was "made" by Steve Nash yet turned out to be an effective and efficient—even elite—shooter irrespective of Nash.

The big statistical difference, as I see it, is that Dudley's assists and assists-to-turnover ratio are much better than those of Leuer and Teletovic. One point that I have made is that with lead guards who are 'challenged' as playmakers in Bledsoe and Knight (and even Goodwin), the Suns need to compensate with better front-court passers, and Dudley should help in that regard. Obviously, he is nothing extraordinary as a passer, but his assists-to-turnover ratio in recent years (2.0:1.0 over the last four seasons) is very good for a forward or swingman and suggests that Dudley moves the ball, makes good decisions, and is more accurate than most non-point guards. Combined with his three-point accuracy (not to mention his defensive tenacity), Dudley is reminiscent of Mario Elie. As you can see from the following link, Elie—while a role player and not a high-volume guy at all—ranked among the twenty most efficient offensive players in the NBA in '96-'97 according to the offensive efficiency metric Floor Percentage (created by Dean Oliver). Although not a perfect metric, its big-picture results make sense. (For instance, John Stockton and Kevin Johnson were by far the most efficient offensive point guards in the NBA, Jeff Hornacek was the second-most efficient offensive shooting guard after Michael Jordan, the most efficient high-volume offensive players were Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, Kevin Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, and Grant Hill, and so forth and so on.)

http://www.rawbw.com/~deano/stats97/blflpldrs.htm

If that metric were being tabulated today, Dudley is the kind of guy—with his .601 True Shooting Percentage and 2.1:1.0 assists-to-turnover ratio last season—who, like Elie back then, might make the top-twenty leader board. Elie could do more off the dribble than Dudley, including running pick-and-rolls, and he was more athletic, but their total value may be similar.

The kinds of players listed at that link were the types who media members and fans either valued correctly or severely underrated. The big names who did not make that list were often overrated, at least offensively. What the guys on that list all had in common was that they were intelligent and/or selfless players who understood how to play within their limitations (or how not to force matters) in order to eliminate 'bad plays' that would cost their team's offense. Indeed, Dudley is exactly that kind of player.

Of course, we are rather splitting hairs here. Dudley is the sort of player who can make a contending club, such as the '09-'10 Suns, better, much as Elie did in Houston and San Antonio (and, to a lesser degree, maybe even Phoenix in his final season in '00-'01). But like Elie, Dudley is not the kind of player who will make a bad team notably better—hence the '12-'13 Suns. The question is how bad Phoenix will be next year. I am not sure, but the Suns still seem like a gigantic construction zone to me. Bender and Chriss are extremely young and inexperienced, and Phoenix almost has the look of a college team in places. I do not sense that enough of the current players really complement each other, and the Suns are still missing what they need the most, which is a guy who can make the game easier for everyone around him, creating continuity and cogency. Of course, those players are fairly rare by definition, but you need at least one or two of them to become a serious threat. There may be some intriguing diamonds in the rough on this roster, but I have the feeling that Phoenix will need to make at least one or two more big trades down the road in order to create some coherence.

Came to this thread just to say that I noticed Dudley's AST ratio was better than lebron james' last year. But your post is more informative overall so I am quoting it.

Dudley>LBJ? Only time will tell.

Return to Phoenix Suns