ImageImageImage

Rank the top 3 Suns POTENTIAL problem children.

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Rank the top 3 Suns POTENTIAL problem children. 

Post#1 » by LukasBMW » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Title says it all. Even though the Morris twins are now long gone and we have pastor Watson passing our warm fuzzzies for good behavior, I'm sure there are still some potential problem children on this team. List em!

Suns players most likely to cause problems: 2016-2017

1. Brandon Knight
It's make or break time for the streaky ballhog. Does he improve his consistency, embrace a 6th man role, and actually pass the ball? Or will he sulk over coming off the bench, pound the ball into the hardwood while the shotclock runs down, and jack up low percentage shots? Time will tell. He is my run away choice for #1.

2. Archie Goodwin
Of all the Suns, he seems the most prone to be a problem in the lockeroom. It's unfortunate that it seems Archie has picked up some bad traits from the Morris twins. Archie sure has made some questionable comments and tweets in the past year. This year he again finds himself in a stacked backcourt and will probably struggle to get playing time. The only reason Archie is not #1 is because if he acts up, we don't have to trade him. We can just buy him out and let him walk.

3. TIE - Bledsoe /Chandler

Chandler - There were rumors that Chandler was not happy being on a rebuilding team and had signed to compete. Even though Tyson is known for his positive attitude and leadership, if the Suns look like they will be missing the playoffs and start to tank - I mean "develop" the youth - Does Tyson request a trade?

Bledsoe - Bledsoe seems motivated to make the playoffs this year and has embraced a role as a leader. The thing is, he started last year in a very positive way, but quickly started to sulk when it was obvious the team was headed for the cellar. Will the new and improved positive cheerleader Bledsoe stick around through adversity, or will he again sulk and dog it if the team looks like it will miss the playoffs.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Rank the top 3 Suns POTENTIAL problem children. 

Post#2 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Archie, Knight, Bledsoe
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#3 » by NTB » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Knight - Chandler.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#4 » by Saberestar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Archie Goodwin and Marquese Chriss.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#5 » by Moochthemonkey » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:45 am

I saw it in 2014/2015 but I didn't see Bledsoe sulking at all last season. The team was only clearly headed for the cellar AFTER Bledsoe was injured and Brandon Knight starting at enough games at PG gave enough evidence that the rest of the season was going to be a disaster.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:17 am

Saberestar wrote:Archie Goodwin and Marquese Chriss.

Why Chriss? Other than the fact that Bender going at 4 instead of him first cost him what, $5 million over his rookie contract? Oh, that's peanuts for a rookie. Seems like he has a great attitude in his SLAM interviews. I was a little concerned when he got sick and went home.

I like that Bender and Chriss might have a little competition to prove who should be the starter, but hopefully we can play them together a lot in the future.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,638

Post#7 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:14 am

I think Chandler is going to be a potential issue if we're not competitive. He'll say all the right things at the beginning of the season but as time goes by and as the losses stack up, I think he's going to be more negatively vocal.

We may see some discontent from Archie if he isn't given solid playing time.

Knight is still a young guy and he's been a consummate professional every year he's been an player so I don't see him acting out even if his role changes.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#8 » by Saberestar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Archie Goodwin and Marquese Chriss.

Why Chriss? Other than the fact that Bender going at 4 instead of him first cost him what, $5 million over his rookie contract? Oh, that's peanuts for a rookie. Seems like he has a great attitude in his SLAM interviews. I was a little concerned when he got sick and went home.

I like that Bender and Chriss might have a little competition to prove who should be the starter, but hopefully we can play them together a lot in the future.

Because his behaviour on the court in college.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#9 » by Damkac » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:18 am

Goodwin
Chandler
Knight
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#10 » by batsmasher » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:36 am

Archie Chandler-Chriss.

Archie because he is the only guy still associated with the Morrii.

Chandler cos he's old and dgaf... will speak out if he's not happy with situation.

Marquese because he's raw and likely a bit immature. At least based on court antics.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Marquese turns out to be standup role model at the Suns, he seems to be well grounded with family.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me

Return to Phoenix Suns