Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,641

Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas and Discussion 

Post#1461 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:31 pm

1UPZ wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
1UPZ wrote:

I rather for it to go to improving the stadium audience experience better.... upgrade the courts, maybe a digitized hard floor that lights up spots and can also be used for advertising. Return some of the money back to the fans...

A player earning 15 million dollars a year... getting an additional 2 million dollars is not really life changing, rather use that extra money to what I mentioned prior.

That would mean money in the owner's pockets since they are the ones in charge of those things you've listed. Lowering the prices of tickets and more freebies would be nice for the fans though.

The way I see it, it sucks players are so grossly overpaid these days but fundamentally, they SHOULD be the ones getting paid because they are the product. They are the ones putting in hours after games, giving it their all in games and they are the ones with the target on their backs when the team isn't performing at a high level. That's how it is generally anyway.

To me... The game of basketball between the two teams is the product. The players are the tools.

Its like movies... Its perfectly fine to pay a great actor lots of money.. But it doesnt necessarily mean a good movie. But spending more money on the movie script and extending lead time to ensure the movie isnt rushed would ultimately benefit the audience.

The players getting more money doesnt benefit the fans.

The players getting more money also doesnt mean the match between the two teams become better... It can be a factor... But its not critical.

I agree with you and money, no matter who it goes to, doesn't necessarily make the product better. You've made the movie analogy and I'll add onto that with 9-figure budget films which turn out to be complete flops despite the crazy investment. Similarly, a player can only play so hard. Paying Brandon Knight $50m a year wouldn't make him Jordan. But if money is being made, I'd rather it go to the players than into the owners' pockets because I'd say a vast majority of them do not make significant reinvestments back into their product (players, arena, fan nights, training facilities etc). We've seen Sarver make millions yet he's still out there pinching pennies when it comes to signings which could make a better product.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
PackSuns
Senior
And1: 251

Post#1462 » by PackSuns » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
PackSuns wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I do wonder why Noel's trade value is so low. If it's just his play, his character, his impending RFA, he medical issues, or a combination of some of those.

There seem to be some things Noel is clearly better at, but in many areas they come out close. or Len has an advantage, and it seems like Len has FAR less risk.

I just can't see McD trading for a RFA C and going into a Summer with two guys who could get huge offers. But that Kentucky thing has to be enticing.

The Phoenix/Kentucky pipeline is interesting. If Watson doesn't pan out we could hire Calimari. That would be fun. I'm not sold on Noel. He is a great athlete but is he a great basketball player? I agree Len has far less risk. Noels health issues make me nervous.

Don't think he will leave the best college program for one of the worst pro ones, while making a fraction of the price. I'm sure he enjoys having the top shelf talent year after year. I can't recall any premier program college coaches making good or great pro coaches. Sure Larry Brown took over a team after Carlisle had molded a bunch of prior role players into a super competitive team (Billups, Rip, Prince and Ben Wallace) and got a star in a lopsided trade in Sheed and won, but that's it.

Calipari had his nba chance one and failed. So did Pitino. And for those ready to respond with (but KAT, AD, etc will all join our team, doubtful and that's a very long ways off anyway). If we wanted him soon for Boogie or something, it would likely require an enormous buyout of contract.

I agree. The hypothetical is fun to think about though. Calipari is a God in Kentucky. No way he leaves unless he gets bored and needs a challenge.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1463 » by DirtyDez » Wed Dec 7, 2016 11:09 pm

John Calipari, in college, is making three times what Watson is right now. In fact he's makes more than 28 other NBA head coaches. Unless they start letting HS kids go straight to the NBA again I don't see him leaving Lexington.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#1464 » by Christine-In-AZ » Thu Dec 8, 2016 2:08 am

sunsbum wrote:Sell high on Bledsoe. His knees are a ticking timebomb. He seems like a good dude but hes just a better version of hero ball.

Yep
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#1465 » by m1chal » Thu Dec 8, 2016 8:51 am

Just to remind you, Kings have passed on Chriss in the draft and his play probably hasn't made them regret their decision. I really doubt they'd be interested now.

I'd be interested in approaching Magic with a trade centered around Bledsoe. They have picks (theirs, LAL '19), Hezonja and maybe Payton available.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#1466 » by Ryu » Thu Dec 8, 2016 9:31 am

m1chal wrote:Just to remind you, Kings have passed on Chriss in the draft and his play probably hasn't made them regret their decision. I really doubt they'd be interested now.

I'd be interested in approaching Magic with a trade centered around Bledsoe. They have picks (theirs, LAL '19), Hezonja and maybe Payton available.

We don`t need Hezonja with Booker and Warren on the wings and Payton is just awful.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#1467 » by Damkac » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:09 am

What do you think of Valanciunas? Looks like he is available. Is his defense as bad? He is just 24 and signed for 3 seasons (+ player option but he won't use it likely).
Would you do Bledsoe + Chandler for Val, Patterson and "Brazilian Durant"?
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1468 » by gaspar » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:18 am

Ryu wrote:
m1chal wrote:Just to remind you, Kings have passed on Chriss in the draft and his play probably hasn't made them regret their decision. I really doubt they'd be interested now.

We don`t need Hezonja with Booker and Warren on the wings and Payton is just awful.

Yeah, Orlando's assets aren't all that valuable. Hezonja and Peyton are mediocre at best, their pick this year could easily be in late teens and LAL's 1st could turn into 2 future 2nd rounders. Heck, even Gordon doesn't look that great (he's playing out of position tho). Right now he looks like a hyperthletic PJ Tucker with a worse jumper. Obviously he's still very young, but his offensive game is very limited.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Re: RE: Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas and Discussion 

Post#1469 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I do wonder why Noel's trade value is so low. If it's just his play, his character, his impending RFA, his medical issues, or a combination of some of those.

I would say all of the above and add in thats hes a little light to bang with the big centers in the league. To me noel is a super risky guy to give a huge contact.

With that said if all it took was knight and if acquiring noel meant they were going to move Chandler sign me up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#1470 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:31 pm

AllHype3 wrote:How about Philly keeps Noel.

Suns get Holmes and Stauskas
Sixers get Knight and Suns 2nd this year.

I'd take it. Then we don't have two RFA C's that could both get big deals. Holmes would be a fairly solid reserve to have.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1471 » by thamadkant » Thu Dec 8, 2016 6:00 pm

Ryu wrote:

1. Payton's hair is awful
2. His outside shot is awful

But his defense, IQ, play making and facilitating is better than any of Suns guards.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#1472 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:18 pm

I like Payton a lot actually.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Re: RE: Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas and Discussion 

Post#1473 » by carey » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:30 pm

1UPZ wrote:
But his defense, IQ, play making and facilitating is better than any of Suns guards.

Been watching him since his last year at ULL. This isn't true. At least not yet. Bledsoe is still a bit better.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Post#1474 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:31 pm

Payton is somewhat intriguing but like all pgs who cant shoot it really handcuffs on how the rest of your lineup needs to look. They only really work if you have good outside shooting at all of the 2, 3, and 4 playing with them or teams simply crowd the paint and dare you to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1475 » by gaspar » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:42 pm

Payton is in his 3rd year and just lost the starting job to DJ frickin Augustin. This is all you really need to know about him.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#1476 » by Zelaznyrules » Thu Dec 8, 2016 8:49 pm

gaspar wrote:Payton is in his 3rd year and just lost the starting job to DJ frickin Augustin. This is all you really need to know about him.

So, Knight plus Len and an unprotected first ought to get it done for us?
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#1477 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Dec 8, 2016 8:57 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:I like Payton a lot actually.

You know who I like? Tyler Ulis.

I bet if Tyler got all of Bledsoe's minutes, we'd have a better record. The kid just knows how to move the ball. And what you lose on defense with Tyler, you make up for with Tyler's awesome defense. 8-)
Villalobos
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,266

Post#1478 » by Villalobos » Thu Dec 8, 2016 9:56 pm

Stanley Johnson with another DNP. Kid needs a change of scenery away from Ron Jeremy.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#1479 » by Zelaznyrules » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:05 pm

cosmofizzo wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:I like Payton a lot actually.

You know who I like? Tyler Ulis.

I bet if Tyler got all of Bledsoe's minutes, we'd have a better record. The kid just knows how to move the ball. And what you lose on defense with Tyler, you make up for with Tyler's awesome defense. 8-)

I don't really know if we'd have a better record, Tyler is still very young and makes his fair share of rookie mistakes. But, whether we win or lose, I'm pretty sure our future would look a little brighter if he'd been logging 30 minutes a game since opening night.
Scutt
Senior
And1: 552

Post#1480 » by Scutt » Thu Dec 8, 2016 10:33 pm

^ I agree, not to mention the fact that the offense would be so much easier on the eyes. Even when Bledsoe is fully healthy and playing well, like he is now, he just doesn't make his teammates better. A rebuilding team needs a point guard willing to consistently set up easy buckets for the young guys, and not just play for his own stats.

Return to Phoenix Suns