ImageImageImage

Game 7: Suns vs Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Re: Game 7: Suns vs Lakers 

Post#441 » by Crooked-I » Mon Nov 7, 2016 6:17 am

Good game fellas. I was disappointed that Chriss and Bender didn't play, but maybe next time. Booker and TJ are studs. Booker improved his defense since last year, good to see. See you guys 2020 conference finals lol.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Lakersteve20
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#442 » by Lakersteve20 » Mon Nov 7, 2016 6:19 am

You guys have a good one in Booker but he's playing too many minutes. As for your team a PF that can rebound and shoot like Kevin Love is what you guys desperately need right now.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,890

Post#443 » by TeamTragic » Mon Nov 7, 2016 6:20 am

Crooked-I wrote:Good game fellas. I was disappointed that Chriss and Bender didn't play, but maybe next time. Booker and TJ are studs. Booker improved his defense since last year, good to see. See you guys 2020 conference finals lol.

Apparently we are chasing wins and therefore playing our vets :roll:
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#444 » by OnceUponADime » Mon Nov 7, 2016 6:39 am

Lakersteve20 wrote:You guys have a good one in Booker but he's playing too many minutes. As for your team a PF that can rebound and shoot like Kevin Love is what you guys desperately need right now.

We drafted two but our HC won't play them. You know what that's like don't ya when the HC is stuck with playing vets and won't play the young guns 'cept Book/Warren?
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#445 » by darealjuice » Mon Nov 7, 2016 6:41 am

Lakersteve20 wrote:
ATTL wrote:Bright side: Lakers pick may be late lotto so knight trade may not look awful once the pick is conveyed.

We're the 7th seed right now and beat 3 playoff teams already.

It's really early in the season to be talking about seeding and playoff teams already. Not that you guys haven't looked pretty good, but the season is young.
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#446 » by OnceUponADime » Mon Nov 7, 2016 7:01 am

wafer88 wrote:Hey guys, great game today. Hopefully we have many more battles like this in the future, hopefully in the playoffs. Booker is so legit man....he's probably my favorite non-Laker young guy in the league right now. Dude has so much talent, so glad I drafted him in my fantasy team this year.

Not in a braggy type of way, but the Luke signing is exactly proof of the importance coaching makes. Not sure if I just caught a bad game, but I don't know wtf Earl Watson is doing....why are Bender, Chriss, and Ulis not getting minutes?

Anyways, best of luck in the rest of the season fellas!

Because he's the new Byron Scott.

...just kidding, I hope not.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#447 » by gaspar » Mon Nov 7, 2016 7:32 am

OnceUponADime wrote:
Lakersteve20 wrote:You guys have a good one in Booker but he's playing too many minutes. As for your team a PF that can rebound and shoot like Kevin Love is what you guys desperately need right now.

We drafted two but our HC won't play them. You know what that's like don't ya when the HC is stuck with playing vets and won't play the young guns 'cept Book/Warren?

And why do you care? You aren't even a Suns fan. You don't need to worry about our rookies playing time. Once the losses start to pile up, they will get every minute they can handle. It's not like Watson has some agenda against giving minutes to young players considering Warren and Booker are both in the top-10 in the league in minutes per game right now.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#448 » by LukasBMW » Mon Nov 7, 2016 8:03 am

gaspar wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:

And why do you care? You aren't even a Suns fan. You don't need to worry about our rookies playing time. Once the losses start to pile up, they will get every minute they can handle. It's not like Watson has some agenda against giving minutes to young players considering Warren and Booker are both in the top-10 in the league in minutes per game right now.

He's right.

We don't want to overplay Booker and break him like Derrick Rose.

We also are totally weak at the "power" forward spot. I love Dudley, but he's not a star. Tucker is Tucker. Bender and Chriss are 18 and 19.

We could maybe win now if we got a decent PF.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#449 » by Zelaznyrules » Mon Nov 7, 2016 8:30 am

LukasBMW wrote:
gaspar wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:We drafted two but our HC won't play them. You know what that's like don't ya when the HC is stuck with playing vets and won't play the young guns 'cept Book/Warren?

He's right.

We don't want to overplay Booker and break him like Derrick Rose.

We also are totally weak at the "power" forward spot. I love Dudley, but he's not a star. Tucker is Tucker. Bender and Chriss are 18 and 19.

We could maybe win now if we got a decent PF.

No, we don't but even with the OT games, Devin is only averaging 35 minutes per game.

And I agree, we're a solid power forward away from playoff contention. I'm not sure I'd want to go that route though as it would all fall apart if Chandler went down, as he often does. And we need to know what we have in Chriss and Bender. I still have high hopes for Bender but I have serious doubts about Chriss ever mastering the mental side of the game. But they need court time to develop and to prove out, one way or the other.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#450 » by LukasBMW » Mon Nov 7, 2016 8:32 am

CHRIS BOSH
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#451 » by DRK » Mon Nov 7, 2016 8:58 am

asudevil wrote:I'm giving my trust to Watson till January. IMO, we will slowly see Chris/Bender/Ulis take minutes from the vets. And i seriously hope that by that time Len takes over from Chandler as the starter.

I certainly hope not. Chandler has been one of our best and most consistent players, while Len has been playing terribly except for one game against the Trailblazers.

Benching Chandler for Len does not preach a concept of accountability to the team in any shape or form.... Nor does continuing to play Knight and Tucker over Ulis and Bender, but I digress
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,890

Post#452 » by TeamTragic » Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:12 am

LukasBMW wrote:CHRIS BOSH

NO
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#453 » by asudevil » Mon Nov 7, 2016 11:08 am

DRK wrote:
asudevil wrote:I'm giving my trust to Watson till January. IMO, we will slowly see Chris/Bender/Ulis take minutes from the vets. And i seriously hope that by that time Len takes over from Chandler as the starter.

I certainly hope not. Chandler has been one of our best and most consistent players, while Len has been playing terribly except for one game against the Trailblazers.

Benching Chandler for Len does not preach a concept of accountability to the team in any shape or form.... Nor does continuing to play Knight and Tucker over Ulis and Bender, but I digress

For Len/Chandler i wasnt hoping for a youth vs. vet benching, i am honestly hoping that Len will progress enough so that he would surpass Chandler for the starting role.

Likewise with Chriss/Bender/Ulis. I dont Watson JUST to play them because they are young. My hope is that they progress enough to DESERVE minutes over Tucker/Knight/Barbosa and Dudley for that matter.

Accountability is Watson's motto....and for the success of the team, i hope that the youth earns their role by January.
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#454 » by asudevil » Mon Nov 7, 2016 11:11 am

wafer88 wrote:Hey guys, great game today. Hopefully we have many more battles like this in the future, hopefully in the playoffs. Booker is so legit man....he's probably my favorite non-Laker young guy in the league right now. Dude has so much talent, so glad I drafted him in my fantasy team this year.

Not in a braggy type of way, but the Luke signing is exactly proof of the importance coaching makes. Not sure if I just caught a bad game, but I don't know wtf Earl Watson is doing....why are Bender, Chriss, and Ulis not getting minutes?

Anyways, best of luck in the rest of the season fellas!

IMO Walton had inherited a team in which the youth already has earned themselves significant roles. Bender/Chriss/Ulis, havent quite yet.....only because of veteran preference. In time, the young guys will find themselves earning more significant playing time. I'm curious to see the Dec 9th game between the two teams.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,695

Post#455 » by Qwigglez » Mon Nov 7, 2016 12:15 pm

So this happened at least...

Read on Twitter
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#456 » by OnceUponADime » Mon Nov 7, 2016 3:06 pm

The Phoenix Suns will spend an extra day in Southern California for a beach yoga session on Monday. Last season, Suns Coach Earl Watson, who played at UCLA, began mandatory yoga sessions once a week. He says it builds mindfulness in his players, and a connection that helped them beat the New Orleans Pelicans in overtime recently. “That backdoor play that we beat New Orleans with, that’s straight mindfulness,” Watson said.

- Los Angeles Times

Interesting.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#457 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Nov 7, 2016 3:26 pm

What in the world is "mindfulness"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LacosteM
Suns Forum Rookie of the Year
And1: 366

Post#458 » by LacosteM » Mon Nov 7, 2016 3:27 pm

asudevil wrote:
DRK wrote:

For Len/Chandler i wasnt hoping for a youth vs. vet benching, i am honestly hoping that Len will progress enough so that he would surpass Chandler for the starting role.

Likewise with Chriss/Bender/Ulis. I dont Watson JUST to play them because they are young. My hope is that they progress enough to DESERVE minutes over Tucker/Knight/Barbosa and Dudley for that matter.

Accountability is Watson's motto....and for the success of the team, i hope that the youth earns their role by January.

Accountability is a great method to use, as long as it's not selective.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#459 » by kennydorglas » Mon Nov 7, 2016 3:31 pm

OnceUponADime wrote:
The Phoenix Suns will spend an extra day in Southern California for a beach yoga session on Monday. Last season, Suns Coach Earl Watson, who played at UCLA, began mandatory yoga sessions once a week. He says it builds mindfulness in his players, and a connection that helped them beat the New Orleans Pelicans in overtime recently. “That backdoor play that we beat New Orleans with, that’s straight mindfulness,” Watson said.

- Los Angeles Times

Interesting.

Preacher Watson strikes again.
I wonder how much time they'll get bored with all this shenaningans.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#460 » by darealjuice » Mon Nov 7, 2016 3:34 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:What in the world is "mindfulness"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mind·ful·ness
ˈmīn(d)f(ə)lnəs/
noun

the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.

a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.

He has them doing yoga to work on their focus and awareness. I get everyone is all mad at Watson for not playing rookies much yet and that he can be a bit abstruse at times, but I don't know why anyone would be upset about him saying our players need to work on their awareness and focus when we were making sloppy play after sloppy play last night.

Return to Phoenix Suns