ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
50%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
30%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
20%

Total votes: 10

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Season Discussion 

Post#1221 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:17 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Image

Youve had an amazing season start to finish man congratulations.

Not trying to bias anyones voting here when we do manager of the year but DDV and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver for big contributions, and getting life out of Draymond and Conley is gonna be tough to beat.

Dmastro32 went from 12th to 3rd potentially though, so that's pretty huge. Qwigglez missed Joel Embiid for like half the year and is still #2 now.

Other solid manager moments included
-Perkinsfor3 getting Jalen Johnson in the 2nd round of the draft who finished 47th overall (4th rounder equivalent for 12 team leagues) and 8th round in total games. A surefire keeper, could very well be a star in the making.
-Myself I got Coby White with the 4th to last pick who finished 8th round per game value and 5th round in total games value. Possible keeper level player.
-Wordsenuff picked up Hartenstein off waivers who finished 8th round per game and 6th round in total games.

Apologies if I missed anyone (probably did), give yourself a shout.

Jokic is like 99.9% winning MVP. 1st in BBM 8-cat per game (ignoring Embiid), 1st in total games value, 1st in our yahoo rankings. Shai (BBM #2 in per game, total games, and #2 yahoo) lead basically the whole year but had injury troubles to finish so he fell off. Luka is finishing very strong but cannot catch Jokic.

I think bwgood is gonna have his trophy case full of Jokic MVPs when I go back and award some things for past years :lol:

Wembanyama is ROTY that's all there is to it. No discussion to be had.

Again I had tons of injuries. I tried to keep subbing in enough to have a lot of games left, but haven't checked in a while. I am a bit in no man's land, but I am not a guy that would go full rebuild in fantasy, especially when most of my solid players are young, in their 20s. Jokic has a game that can go to his late 30s...then Murray, Bane, etc. I have a young team hitting their prime and a relatively young 3x MVP. If LaVine comes back or Miles Bridges...or both and play well, it could help a lot. If anything wants to trade anything for Middleton this offseason, I might be game. He puts up solid all around stats but it would have to be an older team.

Then possibly Lopez, but he's super valuable given he gets tons of 3s and blocks...and I need blocks. I somehow would need a young C.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,775

Post#1222 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:16 pm

Yeah Embiid only playing 38 games was extremely difficult to navigate. I did pick up Paul Reed, but he is obviously no Embiid. Murray has only played 57 games, Markkanen with 55 games, Booker with 66 games, Kyrie with 58 games.
Then I blundered that trade of Poole and D'Lo for Tobias Harris, I definitely could have used the assists from D'Lo, but I wanted to get rid of Poole so bad after such a horrid season. I honestly though Poole was going to average way better numbers his FG% tanked my numbers overall, before trading him I had him benched for a handful of games.

Herb Jones, I believe I drafted, and Naz Reid off the waiver wire were solid contributions to my team, I shouldn't have dropped Alex Caruso because he could have helped in steals and blocks for sure.
Vucevic has been solid the last two years, with 75 games played this season.

While I also think trading De'Aaron Fox could have been a mistake, I think his FT% would have dropped my %s overall, plus I like Lauri long-term.

I'm not sure if I can do another 1st round pick for another player next season. :lol: And I'm likely going to be in a tough position on who my 7th keeper is.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1223 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 pm

Also Sunskerr, I just looked at overall games played by my top 8 players vs your top 8 players. And I think because of Embiid, my top 8 missed more games. I could have miscounted though. :lol:

Games played:

Sunskerr
Spoiler:
SGA - 73
Coby White - 77
Jalen Williams - 69
James Harden - 71
Brandon Ingram - 63
Anfernee Simons - 46
Alperen Sengun - 63
Jaren Jackson Jr - 66

Total: 528

Qwigglez
Spoiler:
Joel Embiid - 38
Devin Booker - 66
Jamal Murray - 57
Kyrie Irving - 58
Lauri Markkanen - 55
Nikola Vucevic - 73
Herb Jones - 74
Tobias Harris - 68

Total: 489

BigFoot
Spoiler:
Anthony Davis: 74
Kevin Durant: 73
Steph Curry: 73
Pascal Siakam: 78
Michael Porter Jr: 79
KCP: 74
Mike Conley: 74
Donte Divincenzo: 79

Total: 604

I'm actually surprised on how many games BigFoot's team played. AD, KD, and Steph with over 70 games...
AD hasn't played in over 70 games since the 2017-18 season when he was 24 years old playing for the Pelicans. KD hasn't played in 70 games since the 2018-19 season. Steph played 69 games in the 2018-19 season. MPJ only missing one game so far this season I didn't have on my Bingo card.

That's a huge amount of games by top tier talent.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,397

Post#1224 » by sunskerr » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:32 am

Qwigglez wrote:Also Sunskerr, I just looked at overall games played by my top 8 players vs your top 8 players. And I think because of Embiid, my top 8 missed more games. I could have miscounted though. :lol:

Games played:

Sunskerr
Spoiler:
SGA - 73
Coby White - 77
Jalen Williams - 69
James Harden - 71
Brandon Ingram - 63
Anfernee Simons - 46
Alperen Sengun - 63
Jaren Jackson Jr - 66

Total: 528

Qwigglez
Spoiler:
Joel Embiid - 38
Devin Booker - 66
Jamal Murray - 57
Kyrie Irving - 58
Lauri Markkanen - 55
Nikola Vucevic - 73
Herb Jones - 74
Tobias Harris - 68

Total: 489

BigFoot
Spoiler:
Anthony Davis: 74
Kevin Durant: 73
Steph Curry: 73
Pascal Siakam: 78
Michael Porter Jr: 79
KCP: 74
Mike Conley: 74
Donte Divincenzo: 79

Total: 604

I'm actually surprised on how many games BigFoot's team played. AD, KD, and Steph with over 70 games...
AD hasn't played in over 70 games since the 2017-18 season when he was 24 years old playing for the Pelicans. KD hasn't played in 70 games since the 2018-19 season. Steph played 69 games in the 2018-19 season. MPJ only missing one game so far this season I didn't have on my Bingo card.

That's a huge amount of games by top tier talent.

You probably would win if Embiid played the entire year but it is what it is.

I also lost all my guys at the same time at the end of the year, and the guys I picked up to replace them also kept getting injured, so it was a perfect storm where everything happened at the same time at the worst time (the last month).

This is why I cannot get all my games played despite 60+ transactions, and lost more points than you did in a shorter amount of time. So it's not really just about games played, which is still important, but not the entire story.

And as I mentioned earlier SGA has been playing injured for like a month so his stats were not that good and couldn't buffer me when other guys were getting injured.

Imo this is probably the most frustrating end I've ever had to a season. looking at top 3 finish with SGA getting an MVP and within a few weeks it's all over.I think I still have the youngest top team, maybe dmastros is younger. Anyway, the future is bright. But I'd like to get a win before Wembanyama goes really crazy.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1225 » by bigfoot » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:44 am

sunskerr wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Image

Youve had an amazing season start to finish man congratulations.

Not trying to bias anyones voting here when we do manager of the year but DDV and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver for big contributions, and getting life out of Draymond and Conley is gonna be tough to beat.

Dmastro32 went from 12th to 3rd potentially though, so that's pretty huge. Qwigglez missed Joel Embiid for like half the year and is still #2 now.

Other solid manager moments included
-Perkinsfor3 getting Jalen Johnson in the 2nd round of the draft who finished 47th overall (4th rounder equivalent for 12 team leagues) and 8th round in total games. A surefire keeper, could very well be a star in the making.
-Myself I got Coby White with the 4th to last pick who finished 8th round per game value and 5th round in total games value. Possible keeper level player.
-Wordsenuff picked up Hartenstein off waivers who finished 8th round per game and 6th round in total games.

Apologies if I missed anyone (probably did), give yourself a shout.

Jokic is like 99.9% winning MVP. 1st in BBM 8-cat per game (ignoring Embiid), 1st in total games value, 1st in our yahoo rankings. Shai (BBM #2 in per game, total games, and #2 yahoo) lead basically the whole year but had injury troubles to finish so he fell off. Luka is finishing very strong but cannot catch Jokic.

I think bwgood is gonna have his trophy case full of Jokic MVPs when I go back and award some things for past years :lol:

Wembanyama is ROTY that's all there is to it. No discussion to be had.

DVV, Vince, and Dosunmu all really helped me along when Conley, Hayward, and Green missed time. Hayward was insane at the beginning of the season until he got injured and traded. Green was just plain infuriating because he is an across the board stat-filler except when he does stupid stuff getting ejected in the 1st quarter a few times and suspended a ton. But yeah a mostly healthy Durant, Curry, and Davis were key. Still a couple days left and clinging to such a small lead.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#1226 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:50 am

What a horrible season. Loads of injuriesz but also had to get used to the early trade deadline, keepers format vs full dynasty, and the no TO cat. Still, did way worse than I hoped for.

Bigfoot, congrats!
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1227 » by wheezy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:42 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:What a horrible season. Loads of injuriesz but also had to get used to the early trade deadline, keepers format vs full dynasty, and the no TO cat. Still, did way worse than I hoped for.

Bigfoot, congrats!

I wouldn't be opposed to adding TO in either league.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1228 » by bigfoot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:02 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:What a horrible season. Loads of injuriesz but also had to get used to the early trade deadline, keepers format vs full dynasty, and the no TO cat. Still, did way worse than I hoped for.

Bigfoot, congrats!

TY
sunskerr
General Manager

Re: 2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (ends May 12) 

Post#1229 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 pm

Congrats to Bigfoot! Qwigglez another great season getting some silver hardware and congrats to Dmastro on his first top 3 appearance since joining in 2018! Both our teams are pretty young so we might have some close battles in the future.

Sad to miss out on top 3, and Shai will not be getting MVP, and I did everything I could but some things are out of your control. 4th is still pretty great so I'm getting a nice run of high placings strung together since rebuilding after 2021.

My two first round picks, Brandon Ingram, Anfernee Simons, James Harden, and Coby White are all on the table for trade. Sengun and JJJ if there is an elite star are available too.

Our draft lotto is on May 12, same as the NBA draft lottery, and the voting for MOTY will close then too. Feel free to change your votes if need be but you cannot vote for yourself. MVP and ROTY will be awarded then too, but it's no secret who those are.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Post#1230 » by dmastro32 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:08 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Yeah Embiid only playing 38 games was extremely difficult to navigate. I did pick up Paul Reed, but he is obviously no Embiid. Murray has only played 57 games, Markkanen with 55 games, Booker with 66 games, Kyrie with 58 games.
Then I blundered that trade of Poole and D'Lo for Tobias Harris, I definitely could have used the assists from D'Lo, but I wanted to get rid of Poole so bad after such a horrid season. I honestly though Poole was going to average way better numbers his FG% tanked my numbers overall, before trading him I had him benched for a handful of games.

Herb Jones, I believe I drafted, and Naz Reid off the waiver wire were solid contributions to my team, I shouldn't have dropped Alex Caruso because he could have helped in steals and blocks for sure.

While I also think trading De'Aaron Fox could have been a mistake, I think his FT% would have dropped my %s overall, plus I like Lauri long-term.

I'm not sure if I can do another 1st round pick for another player next season. :lol: And I'm likely going to be in a tough position on who my 7th keeper is.

I definitely enjoyed D’lo and Jordan Poole was instantly flipped for Jalen smith. The Fox trade I think worked for both of us, especially if you get more than 55 games out of Lauri.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1231 » by Qwigglez » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 am

dmastro32 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah Embiid only playing 38 games was extremely difficult to navigate. I did pick up Paul Reed, but he is obviously no Embiid. Murray has only played 57 games, Markkanen with 55 games, Booker with 66 games, Kyrie with 58 games.

I definitely enjoyed D’lo and Jordan Poole was instantly flipped for Jalen smith. The Fox trade I think worked for both of us, especially if you get more than 55 games out of Lauri.

Yeah I think I win if I kept D'Lo. But my logic was... I had Kyrie, Murray, Booker, and Embiid all averaging over 5 assists per game. I only had Lauri as a keeper at my forward spot. Though I could have just moved Booker to the SF spot, however I don't feel he actually plays that position almost ever, so probably Yahoo should take that away. :lol: Regardless, it was short-sighted and I thought D'Lo was going to get traded and was going to start playing sub-optimally, but instead he started crushing it even harder. I also needed the extra rebounds which is why I thought getting Harris would have helped, plus a slight bump in FG%. I honestly was surprised you accepted the deal considering you had Fox, Luka, Derrick White at the guard position.

I'm definitely okay with Lauri for Fox, even though Fox played in 70+ games again. His FT% is just so bad especially for a PG. Last year I had to sit him a handful of games just to bump my FT% back up.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1232 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:Again I had tons of injuries. I tried to keep subbing in enough to have a lot of games left, but haven't checked in a while. I am a bit in no man's land, but I am not a guy that would go full rebuild in fantasy, especially when most of my solid players are young, in their 20s. Jokic has a game that can go to his late 30s...then Murray, Bane, etc. I have a young team hitting their prime and a relatively young 3x MVP. If LaVine comes back or Miles Bridges...or both and play well, it could help a lot. If anything wants to trade anything for Middleton this offseason, I might be game. He puts up solid all around stats but it would have to be an older team.

Then possibly Lopez, but he's super valuable given he gets tons of 3s and blocks...and I need blocks. I somehow would need a young C.

I'll give you a 3rd rounder and some dryer lint for the 36 year old Lopez and Khris Middleton's empty husk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1233 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Again I had tons of injuries. I tried to keep subbing in enough to have a lot of games left, but haven't checked in a while. I am a bit in no man's land, but I am not a guy that would go full rebuild in fantasy, especially when most of my solid players are young, in their 20s. Jokic has a game that can go to his late 30s...then Murray, Bane, etc. I have a young team hitting their prime and a relatively young 3x MVP. If LaVine comes back or Miles Bridges...or both and play well, it could help a lot. If anything wants to trade anything for Middleton this offseason, I might be game. He puts up solid all around stats but it would have to be an older team.

I'll give you a 3rd rounder and some dryer lint for the 36 year old Lopez and Khris Middleton's empty husk

I can't really just give up Lopez if he providing so much value if I am competing. I may not be at the top but I'm not at the bottom either and I'm not going to completely tear it down. So for a guy like that I likely need an overpay since it could easily push someone over the top. Especially for both of them. Lopez is a guy I'd likely protect if he was possibly an 8th because I can't see getting his production in the first round. I mean a crapshoot rookie could be great or a bust but hard to know and usually nothing good fast in the late first.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1234 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I can't really just give up Lopez if he providing so much value if I am competing. I may not be at the top but I'm not at the bottom either and I'm not going to completely tear it down. So for a guy like that I likely need an overpay since it could easily push someone over the top. Especially for both of them. Lopez is a guy I'd likely protect if he was possibly an 8th because I can't see getting his production in the first round. I mean a crapshoot rookie could be great or a bust but hard to know and usually nothing good fast in the late first.

I mean I can give you a tear it down package for Jokic...

edit: awards and trophies have been handed out going back to the 2017-18 season on the dynasty spreadsheet. Some people may be surprised with what they've got.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,194

Post#1235 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I'll make you an offer for Bane if you're going bare bones. Ja Morant misses his buddy.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Re: 2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12) 

Post#1236 » by Qwigglez » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 am

Bdub's team isn't bad at all, he just got a bunch of players that were hurt, or were on teams that were tanking so his players didn't play.

I anticipated Lavine eventually declining because his game relies heavily on his athleticism which is why I traded him last season, but I didn't expect him to be injured after playing a high amount of games the last few seasons.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1237 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 am

Awarding the 2021 ROY was crazy

------------total games-per game-yahoo-sum
edwards -------1-----------3---------3------7
haliburton -----2-----------2---------2------6
ball--------------3-----------1---------1------5

after doing bbm total games and per game rankings, there was a 3 way tie as you can see, and lamelo ball wins using the arbitrary yahoo rankings tie. had to triple check everything and I had first given it to edwards, then gave it to haliburton, then realized la melo might be it, checked everything in a table, and then it came down to yahoo rankings to just settle the issue.

hopefully nobody gets too mad about this. but this is how I awarded the MVPs as well. admittedly, i don't know what secret sorcery yahoo uses to come up with their rankings, but I assume it's a combination of their calculations for total games and per games. Before the year ended, I was looking at Shai's ranking, and there was some lag time, a few games worth, from when Jokic overtook him in bbm per game value, and when Jokic overtook him in total games value.

anyway, too much detail but yeah nuts and bolts.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,194

Post#1238 » by Slim Charless » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 am

Qwigglez wrote:Bdub's team isn't bad at all, he just got a bunch of players that were hurt, or were on teams that were tanking so his players didn't play.

I anticipated Lavine eventually declining because his game relies heavily on his athleticism which is why I traded him last season, but I didn't expect him to be injured after playing a high amount of games the last few seasons.

I'm not sure who had the worst contract extension (and dumbest) between Washington signing our guy Beal or Chicago with Lavine. Both teams were going nowhere and obviously needed to move their guys before the time came to them an awful supermax.

We benefited from Washington's mistake. Remains to be seen what happens with Zach. Wouldn't be shocked to see them take pennies on the dollar for him this summer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1239 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I mean I can give you a tear it down package for Jokic...

edit: awards and trophies have been handed out going back to the 2017-18 season on the dynasty spreadsheet. Some people may be surprised with what they've got.

I guess I might consider something like SGA, Sengun and Jalen or JJJ for Jokic.

On another note, did you mention JJJ earlier? I would give you Middleton and Lopez for him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1240 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:33 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Bdub's team isn't bad at all, he just got a bunch of players that were hurt, or were on teams that were tanking so his players didn't play.

I'm not sure who had the worst contract extension (and dumbest) between Washington signing our guy Beal or Chicago with Lavine. Both teams were going nowhere and obviously needed to move their guys before the time came to them an awful supermax.

We benefited from Washington's mistake. Remains to be seen what happens with Zach. Wouldn't be shocked to see them take pennies on the dollar for him this summer.

It really depends. I would say LaVine. But they both had very similar #s to Book in recent years. Each were better in years..both hit the 3 better. Book just elevated his game a bit with Paul and was on a great team with him and now a team with the most feared offensive scorer in the NBA in KD while LaVine faced injuries and a not great team and Beal really had rebuilding or poor teammates, kind of like the early Book years. Though even with not very good players him and Westbrook made it even though they both missed a number of games.

It's just you sometimes have to overpay guys or lose them for nothing in FA. It's just those turn into negative contracts if the guys face serious injury. Both did, and with Beal it impacted his play a bit...all this after making all nba and being the scoring leader at over 32 ppg one season.

As for how good my team was this season. I was 8th but 6th most of the season with injuries to really key players in LaVine, Bane, Middleton, Bridges, Smart.....LaVine missing pretty much the whole season and Bane half of it. Then Smart I think over half of it.

Also to win you usually need to get the #1 pick in a generational player type year (or player thought of as generational), make another great pick that turns into a superstar and maybe already have a star.

Look at bigfoot. He got a team with Curry than got the #1 pick and Zion and was able to trade him for KD and more I think...getting a far more valuable player...so Curry and KD together...then he got a great pick in Ball....which he got a great package for.

Or just have a stacked team. I think someone who won recently had a really stacked team through some lopsided trades or I can't remember how it happened...maybe "this team is rated PG?"

The thing is, my team has some top players and is relatively young with a 3x MVP. If it was old..it would be ok. I got Bane in drafts...kind of late in the 4th round and then got Lopez by not giving much up in trade in Killian Hayes.

Return to Phoenix Suns