ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
43%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
36%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
21%

Total votes: 14

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,406

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Season Discussion 

Post#1241 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
I can't really just give up Lopez if he providing so much value if I am competing. I may not be at the top but I'm not at the bottom either and I'm not going to completely tear it down. So for a guy like that I likely need an overpay since it could easily push someone over the top. Especially for both of them. Lopez is a guy I'd likely protect if he was possibly an 8th because I can't see getting his production in the first round. I mean a crapshoot rookie could be great or a bust but hard to know and usually nothing good fast in the late first.

I mean I can give you a tear it down package for Jokic...

edit: awards and trophies have been handed out going back to the 2017-18 season on the dynasty spreadsheet. Some people may be surprised with what they've got.

I guess I might consider something like SGA, Sengun and Jalen or JJJ for Jokic.

On another note, did you mention JJJ earlier? I would give you Middleton and Lopez for him.

My friend you would have to add something (small) to Jokic to get SGA who is 4 years younger and comparable per game value. Adding Sengun and Jalen of course you'd consider that, that's an entire rebuilding cycle on a platter to get 1 full superstar and 2 borderline all stars under 25 :lol: JJJ is not on the block for 36 year old Lopez and Middleton's corpse.

Of course I am always aggressively looking for the guy to pair with SGA. Just a matter of time. But one of the guys I have now could easily take that step.

But you could get like Sengun + young guy + Harden (flip for another pick) + both my 1sts for Jokic (then we work out the details on the pick swaps) which imo you probably couldn't get a better blow it up package. But you don't want to blow it up and your team is good so you shouldn't be anyway. You should be like top 4 next year.

bwgood77 wrote:Also to win you usually need to get the #1 pick in a generational player type year (or player thought of as generational), make another great pick that turns into a superstar and maybe already have a star.

Look at bigfoot. He got a team with Curry than got the #1 pick and Zion and was able to trade him for KD and more I think...getting a far more valuable player...so Curry and KD together...then he got a great pick in Ball....which he got a great package for.

Or just have a stacked team. I think someone who won recently had a really stacked team through some lopsided trades or I can't remember how it happened...maybe "this team is rated PG?"

The thing is, my team has some top players and is relatively young with a 3x MVP. If it was old..it would be ok. I got Bane in drafts...kind of late in the 4th round and then got Lopez by not giving much up in trade in Killian Hayes.

Yeah you have to be kind of stacked to win now with how much talent the top teams in the league are. Only non-stacked teams that won I saw when I looked through the league history was Kerrsed in 2018 and myself in 2021. In 17-18 though the league wasn't as polarized in terms of talent accrued in the top few teams as it is nowadays. But in 20-21 whilst the winning roster wasn't stacked in terms of superstar talent, it was just full of solid players. I sort of knew that roster wouldn't have the same success though which is kind of why I pivoted to a rebuild the next season despite being probably the youngest championship team so far.

2022-23 season was the most stacked and polarized in terms of talent and league standings. Top 3 teams finished within 3 points of each other, all over 111 points. And the rosters for those teams were ridiculous. Next year though we could see 5-6 teams though competing with lots of talent, based on what I saw this year.

Thankfully terovibe is still in phase 1 of his rebuild. It should be a couple of years before he can fill out his team around Wembanyama, who was absolutely ridiculous and is by far the most valuable player in dynasty formats. If he puts a team around Wembanyama though we're all doomed and I don't think I'm exaggerating that much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,554

Post#1242 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
I mean I can give you a tear it down package for Jokic...

edit: awards and trophies have been handed out going back to the 2017-18 season on the dynasty spreadsheet. Some people may be surprised with what they've got.

I guess I might consider something like SGA, Sengun and Jalen or JJJ for Jokic.

On another note, did you mention JJJ earlier? I would give you Middleton and Lopez for him.

My friend you would have to add something (small) to Jokic to get SGA who is 4 years younger and comparable per game value. Adding Sengun and Jalen of course you'd consider that, that's an entire rebuilding cycle on a platter to get 1 full superstar and 2 borderline all stars under 25 :lol: JJJ is not on the block for 36 year old Lopez and Middleton's corpse.

Of course I am always aggressively looking for the guy to pair with SGA. Just a matter of time. But one of the guys I have now could easily take that step.

But you could get like Sengun + young guy + Harden (flip for another pick) + both my 1sts for Jokic (then we work out the details on the pick swaps) which imo you probably couldn't get a better blow it up package. But you don't want to blow it up and your team is good so you shouldn't be anyway. You should be like top 4 next year.

bwgood77 wrote:Also to win you usually need to get the #1 pick in a generational player type year (or player thought of as generational), make another great pick that turns into a superstar and maybe already have a star.

Look at bigfoot. He got a team with Curry than got the #1 pick and Zion and was able to trade him for KD and more I think...getting a far more valuable player...so Curry and KD together...then he got a great pick in Ball....which he got a great package for.

Or just have a stacked team. I think someone who won recently had a really stacked team through some lopsided trades or I can't remember how it happened...maybe "this team is rated PG?"

The thing is, my team has some top players and is relatively young with a 3x MVP. If it was old..it would be ok. I got Bane in drafts...kind of late in the 4th round and then got Lopez by not giving much up in trade in Killian Hayes.

Yeah you have to be kind of stacked to win now with how much talent the top teams in the league are. Only non-stacked teams that won I saw when I looked through the league history was Kerrsed in 2018 and myself in 2021. In 17-18 though the league wasn't as polarized in terms of talent accrued in the top few teams as it is nowadays. But in 20-21 whilst the winning roster wasn't stacked in terms of superstar talent, it was just full of solid players. I sort of knew that roster wouldn't have the same success though which is kind of why I pivoted to a rebuild the next season despite being probably the youngest championship team so far.

2022-23 season was the most stacked and polarized in terms of talent and league standings. Top 3 teams finished within 3 points of each other, all over 111 points. And the rosters for those teams were ridiculous. Next year though we could see 5-6 teams though competing with lots of talent, based on what I saw this year.

Thankfully terovibe is still in phase 1 of his rebuild. It should be a couple of years before he can fill out his team around Wembanyama, who was absolutely ridiculous and is by far the most valuable player in dynasty formats. If he puts a team around Wembanyama though we're all doomed and I don't think I'm exaggerating that much.

I know I was joking about the SGA deal because I knew how much you like him. I think one thing about our league is that a good number of teams want to go on a hopeful rebuild which is very hard to do and could take a very long time even if you make good picks, and they have given up top tier players for packages you would never see in the real NBA. So you have a few super stacked teams instead of a really competitive say, top 12 with like 4 rebuilding teams. So a team like me will be treadmilling unless I can somehow make a great pick or something where an unexpected guy ends up like to 15 or something.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1243 » by sunskerr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I know I was joking about the SGA deal because I knew how much you like him. I think one thing about our league is that a good number of teams want to go on a hopeful rebuild which is very hard to do and could take a very long time even if you make good picks, and they have given up top tier players for packages you would never see in the real NBA. So you have a few super stacked teams instead of a really competitive say, top 12 with like 4 rebuilding teams. So a team like me will be treadmilling unless I can somehow make a great pick or something where an unexpected guy ends up like to 15 or something.

1000% I agree a lot of teams have been too eager to pawn off their "old" 30+ guys for first round picks. I was kind of upset none of those offers ever came my way :lol: With our system now, it's also only a 25% chance at the number one pick if you finish bottom 4. I don't think we can ever have like 12 teams competing though. I expect it to be about 5ish being the max. Maybe 6. Then middle of the pack teams, and then bottom teams.

But I think trading off guys is pretty natural if you feel there is no future with your core. So the flip side is that in our league here we don't have to deal with the human side of trading players, or a league office stepping in and axing a trade, SELLING TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE (a massive factor), etc.. We can just say, ok, let's reset, and it's done.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1244 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I know I was joking about the SGA deal because I knew how much you like him. I think one thing about our league is that a good number of teams want to go on a hopeful rebuild which is very hard to do and could take a very long time even if you make good picks, and they have given up top tier players for packages you would never see in the real NBA. So you have a few super stacked teams instead of a really competitive say, top 12 with like 4 rebuilding teams. So a team like me will be treadmilling unless I can somehow make a great pick or something where an unexpected guy ends up like to 15 or something.

1000% I agree a lot of teams have been too eager to pawn off their "old" 30+ guys for first round picks. I was kind of upset none of those offers ever came my way :lol: With our system now, it's also only a 25% chance at the number one pick if you finish bottom 4. I don't think we can ever have like 12 teams competing though. I expect it to be about 5ish being the max. Maybe 6. Then middle of the pack teams, and then bottom teams.

But I think trading off guys is pretty natural if you feel there is no future with your core. So the flip side is that in our league here we don't have to deal with the human side of trading players, or a league office stepping in and axing a trade, SELLING TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE (a massive factor), etc.. We can just say, ok, let's reset, and it's done.

Well, when we started pretty much everyone was competing obviously and then over time we had a couple of rebuilding, but it grows every year. It seems it used to be far more competitive and the stars were a lot more spread out. Seems over time some teams got unreasonably stacked.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Re: 2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12) 

Post#1245 » by Qwigglez » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

It doesn't take much to get your team from middle of the pack to top 3 IMO. Just have to make a couple of solid picks and perhaps get lucky on free agents. Herb Jones was very impactful and I took him in the 3rd round. I grabbed Cam Thomas and I should have kept Alex Caruso from free agency. I did drop Kelly Oubre, and I probably should have kept him too but I needed other stats at the time.

But even in the 2nd round, 3rd round, and 4th you can grab some quality players if you are trying to compete now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1246 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm

Qwigglez wrote:It doesn't take much to get your team from middle of the pack to top 3 IMO. Just have to make a couple of solid picks and perhaps get lucky on free agents. Herb Jones was very impactful and I took him in the 3rd round. I grabbed Cam Thomas and I should have kept Alex Caruso from free agency. I did drop Kelly Oubre, and I probably should have kept him too but I needed other stats at the time.

But even in the 2nd round, 3rd round, and 4th you can grab some quality players if you are trying to compete now.

Probably have to also luck out that one of the really stacked teams has some key injuries too.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#1247 » by Qwigglez » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:It doesn't take much to get your team from middle of the pack to top 3 IMO. Just have to make a couple of solid picks and perhaps get lucky on free agents. Herb Jones was very impactful and I took him in the 3rd round. I grabbed Cam Thomas and I should have kept Alex Caruso from free agency. I did drop Kelly Oubre, and I probably should have kept him too but I needed other stats at the time.

Probably have to also luck out that one of the really stacked teams has some key injuries too.

I think injuries are a part of the long season though. If Bigfoot's team had their usual games played, I think I could have possibly won, but some reason AD, Steph, KD all played over 70 games, along with MPJ missing only 2 games. You don't see that kind of durability usually. I think part of what makes teams successful in the ROTO leagues is definitely nabbing waiver wire pickups. Personally, I don't feel like you do enough of that BDub.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1248 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think injuries are a part of the long season though. If Bigfoot's team had their usual games played, I think I could have possibly won, but some reason AD, Steph, KD all played over 70 games, along with MPJ missing only 2 games. You don't see that kind of durability usually. I think part of what makes teams successful in the ROTO leagues is definitely nabbing waiver wire pickups. Personally, I don't feel like you do enough of that BDub.

I think it's good that the NBA made it to where you had to play 65 games to be eligible for awards and All NBA teams. That should help.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#1249 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 2, 2024 3:02 am

Hey guys I started a new job and it's great but eating all my time. If someone wants to take over my team I'll pass it on. If not I'll hopefully be a little less buried by the draft.

Oh and this suns team was such a god damn bummer. I was optimistic but I was wrong, went out like cry baby bitches. The negative Nancy's were right and I imagine they've been all over this board. Probably a good thing I barely had time to watch and no time to check in here.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 836

Post#1250 » by Desertfox » Thu May 2, 2024 4:08 am

Now in the right thread...

I had a good run, with a Title and a very close 2nd place, so its time to retire and let someone else have a ago at it. I just wasn't able to dedicate the time the team required this year. So its unfortunately time to let someone else take the reigns.The roster is solid but aging and needs some fresh blood.

Also still can't believe I accidentally traded SGA. I'm somehow worse than JJ and still lucked into a championship.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1251 » by sunskerr » Thu May 2, 2024 5:02 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Hey guys I started a new job and it's great but eating all my time. If someone wants to take over my team I'll pass it on. If not I'll hopefully be a little less buried by the draft.

Oh and this suns team was such a god damn bummer. I was optimistic but I was wrong, went out like cry baby bitches. The negative Nancy's were right and I imagine they've been all over this board. Probably a good thing I barely had time to watch and no time to check in here.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Desertfox wrote:Now in the right thread...

I had a good run, with a Title and a very close 2nd place, so its time to retire and let someone else have a ago at it. I just wasn't able to dedicate the time the team required this year. So its unfortunately time to let someone else take the reigns.The roster is solid but aging and needs some fresh blood.

Also still can't believe I accidentally traded SGA. I'm somehow worse than JJ and still lucked into a championship.

Both of you please vote in the polls!

Weekapaug I'd prefer if you were able to stay, especially since you've been around for so long. Maybe we'll see how you're doing around September and if it's still looking busy for you we will get a new manager. That gives both of us plenty of time. And yeah you didn't miss anything with the Suns...we were unwatchable. I only watched a few minutes of the playoffs series lol.

Desertfox sad to see you go since we came in at the same year and we also both won championships. Wish you'd stay for the rebuild, that's where the most fun is at imo. SGA is in good hands though you're not the only one who traded him :lol:

You can be damn sure I'll be aggressive in trying to trade for some of the players you have if the new manager wants a reset.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect

Post#1252 » by Desertfox » Thu May 2, 2024 5:05 am

I'd love to stay, I just don't think I can do the team justice.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1253 » by sunskerr » Thu May 2, 2024 5:13 am

Desertfox wrote:I'd love to stay, I just don't think I can do the team justice.

Well if you'd love to stay then just stay :lol: nah I get it though if you don't have to time to meet the standard of preparedness you set for yourself it's tough.

Though in all honesty your teams got another year left before you absolutely must rebuild. One good draft where you pick up a key guy and then if you find a waiver guy then you're probably top 3 again adding another piece of hardware to your trophy case.

Then the following year you can just rebuild around Tatum.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1254 » by sunskerr » Yesterday 12:14 am

welcome durden_tyler, taking over DesertFox's team.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect

Post#1255 » by Desertfox » Yesterday 12:46 am

Looking forward to what you do with the team! Don't pull an Ishbia... like I did!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1256 » by SunsRback4Good » Yesterday 11:15 am

Desertfox wrote:I'd love to stay, I just don't think I can do the team justice.

Please stay we need you badly. I don’t think I can live without your posts. I might start crying later tonight.

Return to Phoenix Suns