ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
50%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
30%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
20%

Total votes: 10

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,387

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Season Discussion 

Post#1141 » by sunskerr » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:25 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:I just wrote down our original draft on our google sheet in the draft tab, when I find some spare time I'll add more years that are missing betweeen 16-17 and 20-21

EDIT: Also added the 19-20 draft (not the keepers tho, I think it was the season we did a redraft between 2 teams also)

Massive. Didn't know we had that stuff recorded. I think we already have 19-20, as I somehow remember drafting Coby White. But I could just be getting years mixed up.

Is there any league page on yahoo (or wherever the league was hosted) in 16-17? That was the first year of the league but I can't go back that far in previous years on yahoo.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#1142 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:28 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:I just wrote down our original draft on our google sheet in the draft tab, when I find some spare time I'll add more years that are missing betweeen 16-17 and 20-21

EDIT: Also added the 19-20 draft (not the keepers tho, I think it was the season we did a redraft between 2 teams also)

Massive. Didn't know we had that stuff recorded. I think we already have 19-20, as I somehow remember drafting Coby White. But I could just be getting years mixed up.

Is there any league page on yahoo (or wherever the league was hosted) in 16-17? That was the first year of the league but I can't go back that far in previous years on yahoo.

We had the 20-21 and onwards drafts, the 19-20 I added it today. No idea on the yahoo thing, I'm searching for old topics to find the drafts.

EDIT: 18-19 also in the books 8-)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#1143 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:09 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hold up. Toppin went #1, and we discussing *these* trades?

Yeah I actually got antman @5

I took Killian Hayes 3rd....so I am guilty too...but a lot of people expected a lot of him, and PGs are valuable. I did trade him for Brook Lopez though, before he really vaulted up the fantasy rankings, just because I desperately needed blocks. I almost took Wiseman...was expecting Wiseman to go 2 and me to get LaMelo 3 after Toppin went first (originally though Lamelo and Wiseman would go 1/2).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1144 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:12 pm

sunskerr wrote:

The league started on espn.

I remember I got Westbrook 8th, which everyone thought was a steal at the time. And I got Middleton fairly late because he was injured (but he's been injured a lot since). Seems like I got Brogdon at a good spot too.

All the original drafts should be in threads here though...just would need to search dynasty.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#1145 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

The league started on espn.

I remember I got Westbrook 8th, which everyone thought was a steal at the time. And I got Middleton fairly late because he was injured (but he's been injured a lot since). Seems like I got Brogdon at a good spot too.

All the original drafts should be in threads here though...just would need to search dynasty.

I think the league started Brogdon rookie season and I picked him off the waiver wire. I only remember that because I was pumped to pick up a young useful bucks player. But that was a long time ago so maybe I'm confusing it with the yearly leagues.

I took Anthony Davis high the first draft and then snagged Embiid in the middle rounds because it was before he broke out.

That was back when my team was good, I even won a championship. Now I'm reduced to being pleasantly surprised my team isn't last considering how raw my roster is lol

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1146 » by sunskerr » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:31 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hold up. Toppin went #1, and we discussing *these* trades?

Yeah I actually got antman @5

I took Killian Hayes 3rd....so I am guilty too...but a lot of people expected a lot of him, and PGs are valuable. I did trade him for Brook Lopez though, before he really vaulted up the fantasy rankings, just because I desperately needed blocks. I almost took Wiseman...was expecting Wiseman to go 2 and me to get LaMelo 3 after Toppin went first (originally though Lamelo and Wiseman would go 1/2).

Hey well Killian aint too bad right now :lol:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1147 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 8, 2023 7:30 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote: Yeah I actually got antman @5

Hey well Killian aint too bad right now
Oh yeah, he's reaping the benefit of Ivey apparently not being on Monty's good side.. which is bad since I really need Ivey to be a dude. On a positive note Ausar Thompson appears to have Monty's trust and he's a stat sheet filler. I wouldn't trade him for Scoot at this point.

I'm also optimistic about Cason Wallace, he hasn't put up big numbers but the fact he's solidily in the rotation already is a good sign.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#1148 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Nov 8, 2023 7:54 pm

So just finished inputting all our old drafts, finding the 17-18 one was a little bit harder than usual :lol:

If anyone wishes to input the keepers for those ancient years here are the links:

16-17: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1481978&hilit=fantasy

17-18: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1619444&start=40

18-19: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1619444

19-20: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1892433&start=40
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1149 » by sunskerr » Wed Nov 8, 2023 7:57 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:So just finished inputting all our old drafts, finding the 17-18 one was a little bit harder than usual :lol:

If anyone wishes to input the keepers for those ancient years here are the links:

16-17: https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1481978&hilit=fantasy

I can tackle some of it this weekend.

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Oh yeah, he's reaping the benefit of Ivey apparently not being on Monty's good side.. which is bad since I really need Ivey to be a dude. On a positive note Ausar Thompson appears to have Monty's trust and he's a stat sheet filler. I wouldn't trade him for Scoot at this point.

I'm also optimistic about Cason Wallace, he hasn't put up big numbers but the fact he's solidily in the rotation already is a good sign.

I like Cason for the Thunder long term more than Giddey tbh (of course Giddey is still worth a lot more). But we shall see. In any case its hard to see guys outside of SGA/Chet/Jalen/Giddey having too much consistent value for OKC. Maybe he can leapfrog (big if) Williams eventually but Chet is safe as a reliable producer because of his blocks/steals/3s production that aren't tied to usage.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#1150 » by Golanator » Wed Nov 8, 2023 8:26 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:So just finished inputting all our old drafts, finding the 17-18 one was a little bit harder than usual :lol:

Thanks. Generally happy with how I've flipped the roster, but obviously still have the Jokic disaster trade looming above my head.

But drafting Haliburton and Kessler as rookies, and then drafting Claxton and Herro as young vets were really nice moves.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1151 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 8, 2023 8:45 pm

sunskerr wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:So just finished inputting all our old drafts, finding the 17-18 one was a little bit harder than usual

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Oh yeah, he's reaping the benefit of Ivey apparently not being on Monty's good side.. which is bad since I really need Ivey to be a dude. On a positive note Ausar Thompson appears to have Monty's trust and he's a stat sheet filler. I wouldn't trade him for Scoot at this point.

I like Cason for the Thunder long term more than Giddey tbh (of course Giddey is still worth a lot more). But we shall see. In any case its hard to see guys outside of SGA/Chet/Jalen/Giddey having too much consistent value for OKC. Maybe he can leapfrog (big if) Williams eventually but Chet is safe as a reliable producer because of his blocks/steals/3s production that aren't tied to usage.
I think the Thunder eventually make a consolation trade. Maybe I'll get lucky and Cason is involved and then he's suddenly playing 40 mins a night for a bad team.

PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#1152 » by PerkinsFor3 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:24 pm

If you take a step back and consider what Cason showed before entering the league vs Scoot, and compare what their actual strengths are, its kind of weird for Cason to have dropped to where he was drafted. He is really a fine talent who can play well on both ends of the court.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#1153 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:32 pm

sunskerr wrote:

I kinda think that **IF** the Thunder make a move for a true superstar to pair with SGA then Giddey will be the one traded.

Not sure who they go after though. KAT maybe to make a Twin Towers with Chet? Of course they can also throw waves of picks at teams as well to be able to get someone too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1154 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:43 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote: Yeah I actually got antman @5

Hey well Killian aint too bad right now :lol:

Oh, I didn't even notice. I made the same mistake as the Suns...should have taken Haliburton. Be nice to have a top 5 guy instead of Lopez.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Post#1155 » by dmastro32 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 10:52 pm

Who would have thought this early 3 IL spots wouldn’t be enough in either league.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1156 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:54 am

dmastro32 wrote:Who would have thought this early 3 IL spots wouldn’t be enough in either league.

Happens every year.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Post#1157 » by dmastro32 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:
dmastro32 wrote:Who would have thought this early 3 IL spots wouldn’t be enough in either league.

Happens every year.

My issu is it’s all my damn guards
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,731

Post#1158 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:23 am

Cam Thomas and my 2024 1st for Jamal Murray and Vibe's 2024 3rd.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1159 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:06 am

Qwigglez wrote:Cam Thomas and my 2024 1st for Jamal Murray and Vibe's 2024 3rd.

After seeing that last deal, you had to get one of your own, huh? Perfect timing to sell high.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,731

Post#1160 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Cam Thomas and my 2024 1st for Jamal Murray and Vibe's 2024 3rd.

After seeing that last deal, you had to get one of your own, huh? Perfect timing to sell high.

I had to think about it for a while actually. Cam Thomas might have a Lauri Markkanen type season, especially since the Nets desperately need a No 1 option since Bridges just doesn't look aggressive enough out there. Cam Johnson and Nic Claxton are both out, so it is likely that Cam Thomas starts to regress a bit, however he could also get more efficient shots and now have other players he can dump the ball to.

Of course, after I heard he rolled his ankle, I didn't want to risk it and decided to pull the trigger on the deal. :lol:
Jamal Murray is out for a month as well, but I got a lot of guys on my bench that I feel can help me while Murray is out. Though it doesn't help that Booker has only played two games as well.

Additionally, it worked for me last year, where I traded my 1st round pick so I figured I could roll the dice again. Also... I needed better keepers, and as my roster sits I know I'll likely keep Kyrie, Book, Lauri, Embiid, and now Murray. My last two keepers is where things get dicey.

Return to Phoenix Suns