ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
50%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
30%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
20%

Total votes: 10

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,206

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Season Discussion 

Post#1161 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:39 am

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Cam Thomas and my 2024 1st for Jamal Murray and Vibe's 2024 3rd.

After seeing that last deal, you had to get one of your own, huh? Perfect timing to sell high.

I had to think about it for a while actually. Cam Thomas might have a Lauri Markkanen type season, especially since the Nets desperately need a No 1 option since Bridges just doesn't look aggressive enough out there. Cam Johnson and Nic Claxton are both out, so it is likely that Cam Thomas starts to regress a bit, however he could also get more efficient shots and now have other players he can dump the ball to.

Of course, after I heard he rolled his ankle, I didn't want to risk it and decided to pull the trigger on the deal. :lol:
Jamal Murray is out for a month as well, but I got a lot of guys on my bench that I feel can help me while Murray is out. Though it doesn't help that Booker has only played two games as well.

Additionally, it worked for me last year, where I traded my 1st round pick so I figured I could roll the dice again. Also... I needed better keepers, and as my roster sits I know I'll likely keep Kyrie, Book, Lauri, Embiid, and now Murray. My last two keepers is where things get dicey.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273621/Jamal-Murray-Out-3-4-Weeks-With-Right-Hamstring-Strain
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,732

Post#1162 » by Qwigglez » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:46 am

What about it?

Also... why did you not have Nurkic in your starting lineup tonight!?!?
MrMiyagi

Post#1163 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:28 pm

Qwigglez wrote:

What about it?

Same reason I posted the link, I can't read.

Also, Yahoo's start active players makes the worst decisions ever....
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Terovibe
Sophomore
And1: 54

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Draft Complete, check rosters on yahoo 

Post#1164 » by Terovibe » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:32 pm

Slim Charless wrote:As to the trades btw. Maybe Terovibe wanted youth that can buy low on. I mean he is getting 2 players in this trade that are full of potential. Gradey Dick can burn out the Sun with his shooting back in college and the Hendricks can be a lesser version of J³ I think as well.

Different players want different things.

Well, thats exactly what this trade was all about. Capela and Klay are not such good assets for a rebuilding team. I bet on these two rookies, if they shine, iam winning that trade, if they dont, i just lose 2 non keepers.
Lets not forget that the utah rookie was 9th pick, dick can become a good asset for a rebuilding toronto team and Jalen smith, with a bit of luck, could replace turner (maybe after a trade or an injury) and become the main C for indiana.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#1165 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 9, 2023 2:57 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

What about it?

Same reason I posted the link, I can't read.

Also, Yahoo's start active players makes the worst decisions ever....
It would be cool if Yahoo had a lock option where you could designate certain guys to never sub out when you auto set all active players.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Post#1166 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:46 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Cam Thomas and my 2024 1st for Jamal Murray and Vibe's 2024 3rd.

After seeing that last deal, you had to get one of your own, huh? Perfect timing to sell high.

I had to think about it for a while actually. Cam Thomas might have a Lauri Markkanen type season, especially since the Nets desperately need a No 1 option since Bridges just doesn't look aggressive enough out there. Cam Johnson and Nic Claxton are both out, so it is likely that Cam Thomas starts to regress a bit, however he could also get more efficient shots and now have other players he can dump the ball to.

Of course, after I heard he rolled his ankle, I didn't want to risk it and decided to pull the trigger on the deal. :lol:
Jamal Murray is out for a month as well, but I got a lot of guys on my bench that I feel can help me while Murray is out. Though it doesn't help that Booker has only played two games as well.

Additionally, it worked for me last year, where I traded my 1st round pick so I figured I could roll the dice again. Also... I needed better keepers, and as my roster sits I know I'll likely keep Kyrie, Book, Lauri, Embiid, and now Murray. My last two keepers is where things get dicey.

The main thing for me is, Cam Thomas is basically just a scorer. I have Jerami Grant in a league who is killing it scoring, but he is ranked like 120 and one of my lowest starters in my whole lineup, in a deep league..

Also Cam Thomas kind of had a flash in the pan stretch last season where he scored 40+ for about a week and then didn't do much after that.

However, he is now starting and is their primary scorer, and is young, so maybe that continues. It seems like Murray contributes in a lot more categories. But I did notice Cam also averages a steal so far. So that is one thing that helps.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Draft Complete, check rosters on yahoo 

Post#1167 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:48 pm

Terovibe wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:As to the trades btw. Maybe Terovibe wanted youth that can buy low on. I mean he is getting 2 players in this trade that are full of potential. Gradey Dick can burn out the Sun with his shooting back in college and the Hendricks can be a lesser version of J³ I think as well.

Different players want different things.

Well, thats exactly what this trade was all about. Capela and Klay are not such good assets for a rebuilding team. I bet on these two rookies, if they shine, iam winning that trade, if they dont, i just lose 2 non keepers.
Lets not forget that the utah rookie was 9th pick, dick can become a good asset for a rebuilding toronto team and Jalen smith, with a bit of luck, could replace turner (maybe after a trade or an injury) and become the main C for indiana.

I like Smith the best out of your return. Look at his #s last night. Impressive and he contributes in a lot of categories. It seems Dick might only be good for 3s and if he's good at defense, hopefully for your sake, steals or something. Possibly he gets a few assists and hits a few FTs a game at high %s.

Hopefully the trade doesn't

Spoiler:

for you.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,389

Post#1168 » by sunskerr » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:41 pm

They just seem like guys you couldve picked up off the waiver wire...Like Jalen Smith. Good fantasy guy sure, not actually a good NBA player if we consider his last few years in the NBA as he wasn't getting minutes last year. Maybe he's good this year, who knows, and I know we overvalue our Suns/former Suns here in the league, but it wouldn't be a decision I could make and say there was a sort of consistent framework behind why I wanted Jalen Smith.

The rookies though, yeah, totally unknowns. Hope they work out.

bwgood77 wrote:However, he is now starting and is their primary scorer, and is young, so maybe that continues. It seems like Murray contributes in a lot more categories. But I did notice Cam also averages a steal so far. So that is one thing that helps.

You might be surprised to hear this but Jamal Murray is pretty normal as a fantasy player. Doesn't kill your %s, ok assists, good points, some 3s. And that's it. Good IRL player but his fantasy output will always be capped in the regular season by Jokic.

Definitely a play it safe move by Qwigglez. Hard to disagree with it.

I did offer Simons for Murray but apparently it wasn't enough.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1169 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 11:09 pm

sunskerr wrote:They just seem like guys you couldve picked up off the waiver wire...Like Jalen Smith. Good fantasy guy sure, not actually a good NBA player if we consider his last few years in the NBA as he wasn't getting minutes last year. Maybe he's good this year, who knows, and I know we overvalue our Suns/former Suns here in the league, but it wouldn't be a decision I could make and say there was a sort of consistent framework behind why I wanted Jalen Smith.

The rookies though, yeah, totally unknowns. Hope they work out.

bwgood77 wrote:However, he is now starting and is their primary scorer, and is young, so maybe that continues. It seems like Murray contributes in a lot more categories. But I did notice Cam also averages a steal so far. So that is one thing that helps.

You might be surprised to hear this but Jamal Murray is pretty normal as a fantasy player. Doesn't kill your %s, ok assists, good points, some 3s. And that's it. Good IRL player but his fantasy output will always be capped in the regular season by Jokic.

Definitely a play it safe move by Qwigglez. Hard to disagree with it.

I did offer Simons for Murray but apparently it wasn't enough.

I agree Murray isn't great, but a player like Dick seems like he may be a KCP guy at most. Jalen's Smith's #s right now would look really good if he was a rookie. I wasn't just mentioning his #s because he was an ex Sun. He has mostly sucked since the trade, but his #s are a lot better this year.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1170 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:05 am

Do I just have to start Isaac now? Guy is insanity but only plays less than 20 mpg. Probably still have to start though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1171 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:08 am

sunskerr wrote:Do I just have to start Isaac now? Guy is insanity but only plays less than 20 mpg. Probably still have to start though.

Yes, he is averaging very nice stats the last couple days. You should set him in as a keeper for the next 10 years.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,732

Post#1172 » by Qwigglez » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:51 am

sunskerr wrote:Do I just have to start Isaac now? Guy is insanity but only plays less than 20 mpg. Probably still have to start though.

Picking up Kenrich Williams from OKC I see... I assume this has nothing to do with the allegations against Josh Giddey and is only because you think Kenrich Williams is going to perform well the rest of the season?
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1173 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:21 am

Qwigglez wrote:

Picking up Kenrich Williams from OKC I see... I assume this has nothing to do with the allegations against Josh Giddey and is only because you think Kenrich Williams is going to perform well the rest of the season?

:lol: honestly if Jalen Williams didn't hurt his hip on top of the Giddey allegations I would not have grabbed him. But yeah with that and the Giddey situation maybe there's a little window for Kenrich to get a starting spot and hopefully stick since he's a bigger body than Cason and Joe. Not expecting anything though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1174 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:18 am

I knew I should have started Cole Anthony over Dejounte Murray today. Sheesh.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1175 » by sunskerr » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I knew I should have started Cole Anthony over Dejounte Murray today. Sheesh.

I think Anthony is better than Fultz tbh...
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#1176 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:17 am

Hi guys, since some of my trade offers are expiring now, is there a better way to reach out to managers than yahoo or here?
MrMiyagi

Post#1177 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hi guys, since some of my trade offers are expiring now, is there a better way to reach out to managers than yahoo or here?
In person with cash
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#1178 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Did that once with a Nigerian prince when I wanted to buy an airport in Lagos.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#1179 » by sunskerr » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:45 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hi guys, since some of my trade offers are expiring now, is there a better way to reach out to managers than yahoo or here?

You can get me interested in a trade by offering me LaMelo ball for free

or get back Trae Young for me. Every time I look at my team I regret trading him for a 3rd place finish last year :banghead:

I think most offers I've sent out have been responded to pretty quickly (i.e. declined :lol: ). I dont know if anyone wants another means of contact. Or we could see if people are open to emailing/discord/etc. I think part of the problem is that the trading block on yahoo is not on the first page which means people are just less likely to click on the trading block. And on the app, the available players only seen by scrolling down in the awful trade hub section.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#1180 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:48 pm

Agreed, the app is really horrible. The worst part there, is that if people reject trades and add a comment (which usually is valuable info),its not included in the rejection email sent out.

Return to Phoenix Suns