ImageImageImage

2024 Dynasty - MOTY Voting (do not vote for yourself, ends May 12)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who is the manager of the year? Do not vote for yourself (If you are not in the league do not vote)

Bigfoot(Bigfoot ballers) - 1st place finish, Divincenzo and Vince Williams Jr. off the waiver, drafting Draymond and Conley in FA
50%
Qwigglez - 2nd place finish, missed Joel Embiid for over half the year
30%
Dmastro32 (dbookinurmouth) - 3rd place finish, Grayson Allen off waivers, drafting Deni Avdija in FA.
20%

Total votes: 10

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Draft Complete, check rosters on yahoo 

Post#1121 » by bigfoot » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:09 pm

bigfoot wrote:Any chance I can get a flyer on Hayward as a SG? He is spending half his time in that position.

Same thing with Curry. He is spending more time at SG with CP3 on the court. His assists are down with 40% of his time at SG.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,491

Post#1122 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:27 pm

Looks like a nice trade for Chetcade. Two useful players for a bunch of non keepers. Terovibe needs to be asking for picks in a trade like that. Looks almost as lopsided as bigfoots trades.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,393

Post#1123 » by sunskerr » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:17 pm

bigfoot wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Any chance I can get a flyer on Hayward as a SG? He is spending half his time in that position.

Same thing with Curry. He is spending more time at SG with CP3 on the court. His assists are down with 40% of his time at SG.

Yahoo will definitely update Curry + a bunch of other dudes probably soon enough. A lot of people have been requesting Curry - SG for a while. Dont know about Hayward - won't trust any bball reference tracking/positional stats - they're more or less made up.

bwgood77 wrote:Looks like a nice trade for Chetcade. Two useful players for a bunch of non keepers. Terovibe needs to be asking for picks in a trade like that. Looks almost as lopsided as bigfoots trades.

yeah uh, I'm certainly not a fan of this. If managers really don't like it they can always vote against it. We don't do commish veto though. I thought he should have gotten more coming back - picks as you said.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#1124 » by Golanator » Tue Nov 7, 2023 9:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Looks like a nice trade for Chetcade. Two useful players for a bunch of non keepers. Terovibe needs to be asking for picks in a trade like that. Looks almost as lopsided as bigfoots trades.

Chetcade killed that trade.

The other deal, Trae Young for OG, FVV and WCJ is a lot more fair.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1125 » by bigfoot » Tue Nov 7, 2023 9:50 pm

Wait ... I've given up plenty for my trades. Zion, LaMelo, Huerter, Zubiac, plus draft picks. All young guys for old guys that have a couple years left. Zion was in his rookie year and LaMelo was just 22. I've paid the price too with Durant and Hayward being injured for a significant amount of time since I acquired them. Also, in order to keep the big name players I was unable to keep rookies Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson who ended up being star players in their own right.

But if anybody is interested in young guys like Sasser or MPJ just let me know.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,393

Post#1126 » by sunskerr » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:31 pm

bigfoot wrote:

Wait ... I've given up plenty for my trades. Zion, LaMelo, Huerter, Zubiac, plus draft picks. All young guys for old guys that have a couple years left. Zion was in his rookie year and LaMelo was just 22. I've paid the price too with Durant and Hayward being injured for a significant amount of time since I acquired them. Also, in order to keep the big name players I was unable to keep rookies Tyler Herro and Keldon Johnson who ended up being star players in their own right.

Yeah I feel like LaMelo was huge...I have him maybe top 5 as a fantasy asset. Thought it was a pretty even trade.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1127 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:39 pm

bigfoot wrote:

Zion and LaMelo are not the most reliable of players. You got KD and Hayward for one and AD and Siakam for the other. That's quite the haul. LaMelo could be a nice fantasy guy if he could stay healthy. Zion, while he could score a lot and have a nice FG%, he doesn't excel in a lot of fantasy areas...when he plays. You've done well though...your injuries came at the right time to get you a decent pick last year to include in that trade for AD and Siakam. That was still incredibly lopsided.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,178

Post#1128 » by Slim Charless » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:00 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Zion and LaMelo are not the most reliable of players. You got KD and Hayward for one and AD and Siakam for the other. That's quite the haul. LaMelo could be a nice fantasy guy if he could stay healthy. Zion, while he could score a lot and have a nice FG%, he doesn't excel in a lot of fantasy areas...when he plays. You've done well though...your injuries came at the right time to get you a decent pick last year to include in that trade for AD and Siakam. That was still incredibly lopsided.

Zion doesn't get enough credit around here. If healthy he can easily average 27/9 with like 5 assists if they run Point Zion. BTW they might need to with CJ going out for who knows how long.

This is why when he was injured I always posted about us buying low on him. If he's right then he's an MVP candidate. Honestly, we should've shipped Mikal and CamJo to the Pels for him.

He's better than Booker when healthy imo. Bold statement, I know. True nonetheless.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1129 » by Slim Charless » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:06 pm

As to the trades btw. Maybe Terovibe wanted youth that can buy low on. I mean he is getting 2 players in this trade that are full of potential. Gradey Dick can burn out the Sun with his shooting back in college and the Hendricks can be a lesser version of J³ I think as well.

Different players want different things.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1130 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:09 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Zion doesn't get enough credit around here. If healthy he can easily average 27/9 with like 5 assists if they run Point Zion. BTW they might need to with CJ going out for who knows how long.

This is why when he was injured I always posted about us buying low on him. If he's right then he's an MVP candidate. Honestly, we should've shipped Mikal and CamJo to the Pels for him.

He's better than Booker when healthy imo. Bold statement, I know. True nonetheless.

Even if he's always healthy and hit those #s (though his career rebounding avg is 7), he doesn't really get blocks, steals, hit 3s and is not a good FT shooter.

So he wouldn't be anywhere near a top tier fantasy roto player, even though he could maybe be considered a top tier nba player.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1131 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:12 pm

Slim Charless wrote:As to the trades btw. Maybe Terovibe wanted youth that can buy low on. I mean he is getting 2 players in this trade that are full of potential. Gradey Dick can burn out the Sun with his shooting back in college and the Hendricks can be a lesser version of J³ I think as well.

SGs are not worth much in fantasy unless they do other things like get assists, steals, have a really high FG% and/or FT% ,or score tons of points with tons of 3s.

Jalen has the most potential of any of those guys probably since he is a big that can rebound and block shots but also can hit 3s.

But they are all buys I might take in the last pick of a draft to take a flyer on...so to get Klay and Capela for him is pretty crazy...the rankings are a bit skewed..

Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1132 » by Slim Charless » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:22 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:As to the trades btw. Maybe Terovibe wanted youth that can buy low on. I mean he is getting 2 players in this trade that are full of potential. Gradey Dick can burn out the Sun with his shooting back in college and the Hendricks can be a lesser version of J³ I think as well.

SGs are not worth much in fantasy unless they do other things like get assists, steals, have a really high FG% and/or FT% ,or score tons of points with tons of 3s.

Jalen has the most potential of any of those guys probably since he is a big that can rebound and block shots but also can hit 3s.

But they are all buys I might take in the last pick of a draft to take a flyer on...so to get Klay and Capela for him is pretty crazy...the rankings are a bit skewed..

That's fair. Part of it is Hendricks is in the g league. Not good, but in his defense Utah has a stacked frontcourt. They'll probably move Collins at some point this season and that will open mins up. I still have faith in him.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,738

Post#1133 » by Qwigglez » Tue Nov 7, 2023 11:52 pm

Wait... Bdub, you got Zach Lavine AND Miles Bridges for Cam Johnson and a 2nd round pick. That one was super lopsided :lol: Cam Johnson is only a year younger than Lavine.

I thought BigFoot's trade was somewhat reasonable since he traded Lamelo who I put as a top 10 dynasty league player at this point in his career and the No 7 pick. AD while healthy is great, but he is over 30, and Siakam is close to 30. Siakam hasn't performed very well so far this season, and AD is already dealing with some minor injuries that could make him miss some time. The Zion trade was at the time, a bit lopsided in favor of BigFoot again, but Zion was still a potential top 5 dynasty asset (at the time).

Terovibe and Chetcade trade I don't like very much. Mostly because I don't have Grady Dick that high at this point in his career and he likely wouldn't have been a part of Chetcade's keepers and perhaps even dropped as the season goes on. However, maybe Terovibe just really wanted him.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1134 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 8, 2023 1:40 am

Qwigglez wrote:Wait... Bdub, you got Zach Lavine AND Miles Bridges for Cam Johnson and a 2nd round pick. That one was super lopsided :lol: Cam Johnson is only a year younger than Lavine.

I thought BigFoot's trade was somewhat reasonable since he traded Lamelo who I put as a top 10 dynasty league player at this point in his career and the No 7 pick. AD while healthy is great, but he is over 30, and Siakam is close to 30. Siakam hasn't performed very well so far this season, and AD is already dealing with some minor injuries that could make him miss some time. The Zion trade was at the time, a bit lopsided in favor of BigFoot again, but Zion was still a potential top 5 dynasty asset (at the time).

Terovibe and Chetcade trade I don't like very much. Mostly because I don't have Grady Dick that high at this point in his career and he likely wouldn't have been a part of Chetcade's keepers and perhaps even dropped as the season goes on. However, maybe Terovibe just really wanted him.

I personally thought that Perkins won that LaMelo trade since he got both Melo and the #7 pick. That's just me perhaps.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1135 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:40 am

Qwigglez wrote:Wait... Bdub, you got Zach Lavine AND Miles Bridges for Cam Johnson and a 2nd round pick. That one was super lopsided :lol: Cam Johnson is only a year younger than Lavine.

Yeah, I do admit I felt the Cam Johnson trade was lopsided in my favor which is why I made it, but not nearly to the extent of those others, but Zach did have a bad year last year. I also had to take Miles Bridges who he was stuck with as a keeper. AD though when healthy has the ability to be close to the #1 overall fantasy player great in every single category (and KD not terribly far off)...and then add Siakam on top of that. LaMelo is a pretty solid guy, and ranked high for the future, so I do get it, but I still think that is pretty good. I do not view picks that are not a position where you can get an obvious star like Wemby as great...I still find it kind of a crapshoot.

But bigfoot had a lot of luck getting #1 in the Zion draft and #2 pick in the LaMelo draft and even luckily got #7 this year despite having Curry, KD, etc, because KD was out quite a bit which helped him end up getting AD/Sikaam, and of course those years Zion was a no brainer pick and LaMelo dropped to 2 because Toppin went #1.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Re: 2024 Dynasty Discussion - Season Discussion 

Post#1136 » by PerkinsFor3 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:46 am

It doesnt make much sense to try and say who won deals in dynasty settings so soon after the trades have happened.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#1137 » by PerkinsFor3 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:53 am

Hold up. Toppin went #1, and we discussing *these* trades?
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#1138 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:28 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hold up. Toppin went #1, and we discussing *these* trades?

Yeah I actually got antman @5
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,738

Post#1139 » by Qwigglez » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:42 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hold up. Toppin went #1, and we discussing *these* trades?

Well drafting is different, you decide the fate or your team. But yeah… I took Lou Williams 8th :lol: that year not really looking at rookies (passed up on Hali). Then I sucked and the following year had the 3rd pick and took Evan Mobley.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#1140 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:51 am

I just wrote down our original draft on our google sheet in the draft tab, when I find some spare time I'll add more years that are missing betweeen 16-17 and 20-21

EDIT: Also added the 19-20 draft (not the keepers tho, I think it was the season we did a redraft between 2 teams also)

Return to Phoenix Suns