Saben Lee news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Re: Saben Lee news and highlights 

Post#21 » by garrick » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:14 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Saben Lee's given us some pretty good minutes with Booker out. The 2nd unit looks more cohesive when he is running it. Didn't really expect that at all but I think he's earned himself a spot on the roster with his play in the past week

Dude just keeps the ball moving. Doesn't always make the right decision but he makes quick decisions, either making a move to the basket or passing it off. Dude is just energy.

Worth pointing out, over his last 8 games, he's had 17 assists to only 2 turnovers and those 2 are from the Detroit game. Basically he's had 7 games straight without a turnover. Also has a net rating of +1.4 over these last 8 games and as an end of bench 2way guy, that's really all you're asking for.

He's good at creating contact and getting to the rim but at some point he's going to be unplayable unless he's able to hit wide open 3's which the defense is happy to give him. If I were the Suns I would lock Saben in a gym every day and make him practice 3's all day. :D
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#22 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:13 am

garrick wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:Saben Lee's given us some pretty good minutes with Booker out. The 2nd unit looks more cohesive when he is running it. Didn't really expect that at all but I think he's earned himself a spot on the roster with his play in the past week

Dude just keeps the ball moving. Doesn't always make the right decision but he makes quick decisions, either making a move to the basket or passing it off. Dude is just energy.

Worth pointing out, over his last 8 games, he's had 17 assists to only 2 turnovers and those 2 are from the Detroit game. Basically he's had 7 games straight without a turnover. Also has a net rating of +1.4 over these last 8 games and as an end of bench 2way guy, that's really all you're asking for.

He's good at creating contact and getting to the rim but at some point he's going to be unplayable unless he's able to hit wide open 3's which the defense is happy to give him. If I were the Suns I would lock Saben in a gym every day and make him practice 3's all day. :D

If Saben can hit 3s at an average rate then suddenly he's a legit backup point guard and maybe one of the better ones
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#23 » by Saberestar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
garrick wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Dude just keeps the ball moving. Doesn't always make the right decision but he makes quick decisions, either making a move to the basket or passing it off. Dude is just energy.

If Saben can hit 3s at an average rate then suddenly he's a legit backup point guard and maybe one of the better ones

Yeah but that's not happening and that's why I would prefer to sign whoever is available for that 15th spot.

I have seen enough from Saben Lee and I think he wouldn't help us in the playoffs. It's a shame because I really like his personality and he plays with effort...but he's just not good enough.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#24 » by garrick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:33 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
garrick wrote:

Yeah but that's not happening and that's why I would prefer to sign whoever is available for that 15th spot.

I have seen enough from Saben Lee and I think he wouldn't help us in the playoffs. It's a shame because I really like his personality and he plays with effort...but he's just not good enough.

Yup he and JO are the same.

They can help you during the regular season but they can't hit a shot to save their lives in the post season.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#25 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:39 pm

Celtics dared him to shoot and he made them look like geniuses.

He needs to do something about his shot. Most of the middle age guys I play with in pickup has better form than him on his 3. Straight up ugly for an NBA player
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#26 » by Saberestar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:59 pm

garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Yup he and JO are the same.

They can help you during the regular season but they can't hit a shot to save their lives in the post season.

Josh Okogie is better because his impact on defense is for real.

Return to Phoenix Suns