KD to the Suns

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

KD to the Suns 

Post#1 » by Spin Move » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:21 am

The Nets are trading Kevin Durant to the Phoenix Suns for a package including Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, four first-round picks and additional draft compensation, league sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium

Jae Crowder is also going to the nets

I like it, I am in the minority that thought that Mikal Bridges was over paid, the team will have defensive issues on the wing in the playoffs but a core of Durant Booker Ayton and the ghost of christ paul certainly has a punchers chance at a title. 4 picks and a swap is a lot for an ageing playier like Durant but if they win a ring it will be worth it.

A ton of Capital but gives the suns a punchers chance to win now
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#2 » by denial » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:25 am

I heard we are also getting TJ Warren back
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,726

Post#3 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:27 am

denial wrote:I heard we are also getting TJ Warren back
:sleep2:
Flex is now your father.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by sunsbg » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:35 am

This looks like a lot bigger gamble than Mavs with Kyrie.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#5 » by Phystic » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:39 am

Really hate losing bridges and cam Johnson. Absolutely love both players.

But we have seen that stars are what matters in the playoffs. We just need a service wing who can defend and hit open threes. The other 4 starters will do the rest
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#6 » by phx#7 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:45 am

Phystic wrote:Really hate losing bridges and cam Johnson. Absolutely love both players.

But we have seen that stars are what matters in the playoffs. We just need a service wing who can defend and hit open threes. The other 4 starters will do the rest

Cam may have been hard to keep this summer so that takes a bit of the sting off. Losing Bridges will hurt me the most if we don't bring in a title.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#7 » by Phystic » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:48 am

phx#7 wrote:
Phystic wrote:Really hate losing bridges and cam Johnson. Absolutely love both players.

Cam may have been hard to keep this summer so that takes a bit of the sting off. Losing Bridges will hurt me the most if we don't bring in a title.

Ya as much as I've loved Cam since Day 1, resigning him would have locked this team into low speed playoff team. I don't see Cam developing much more than what he is now.

Bridges is an amazing role player, and both of their personalities will be badly missed. But stars are important
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#8 » by Moochthemonkey » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:56 am

yikes...seems potentially catastrophic as the Lakers AD trade (except I think 2020 AD > 2023 KD)...meaning the Suns -could- win the championship this year and be mediocreish for the rest of the 20s with limited draft picks...needless to say would be worth it. But I don't like the idea of even trading Bridges for KD straight up. I don't think this makes the Suns the favorites in the West, and now they've lost the anchor in their defense for two injury prone players. Is the trio of Paul-Booker-Durant really that better than Kyrie-Harden-Durant?
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,008

Post#9 » by Young gun 6 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:01 am

Moochthemonkey wrote:yikes...seems potentially catastrophic as the Lakers AD trade (except I think 2020 AD > 2023 KD)...meaning the Suns -could- win the championship this year and be mediocreish for the rest of the 20s with limited draft picks...needless to say would be worth it. But I don't like the idea of even trading Bridges for KD straight up. I don't think this makes the Suns the favorites in the West, and now they've lost the anchor in their defense for two injury prone players. Is the trio of Paul-Booker-Durant really that better than Kyrie-Harden-Durant?

Way less problematic and they were potentially a shoe lace off a title anyway.

Bridges defense also been average this season. Living off the hype of the last 2 years but KD’s been a better defender than Bridges.

Bridges and Cam are also both 26 turning 27.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,208

Post#10 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:04 am

Well, I'm pissed.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,513

Post#11 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:05 am

Gave up way too much for a 2-3 years for KD given his latest injury history. Losing Mikal will hurt us defensively. But we’ll see what happens moving forward and if we don’t win a chip this year this trade will hurt tremendously.
Phnxsports
Senior
And1: 476

Post#12 » by Phnxsports » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:08 am

**** ridiculous! So angry right now!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#13 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:08 am

It's a star driven league and KD is one of the all time greats. Going to be fun watching him. You need the best player on the floor to win a championship. This is the ultimate championship or bust move. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#14 » by suns12345 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:43 am

I think back to the CP3 trade (obviously we didn't give up anywhere near as much), which people hated. And it turned out well. Hopefully this similar moves gets us over the hump.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#15 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:51 am

suns12345 wrote:I think back to the CP3 trade (obviously we didn't give up anywhere near as much), which people hated. And it turned out well. Hopefully this similar moves gets us over the hump.

When I think of CP3, this is what I think of

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#16 » by m1chal » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:59 am

I hate this trade
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#17 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:00 am

I'm happy for KD he finally is with a stable organisation and hopefully competent ownership.

How will the lineup look after this

Ayton
KD
Wainwright?
Booker
CP3

I think more moves need to follow, Suns should be all in on the buyout market
Tatum43
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#18 » by Tatum43 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:18 am

Can’t believe some of y’all hate this trade. It’s Kevin Durant :o
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#19 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:26 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Gave up way too much for a 2-3 years for KD given his latest injury history. Losing Mikal will hurt us defensively. But we’ll see what happens moving forward and if we don’t win a chip this year this trade will hurt tremendously.

It won't. KD is better than Mikal at defending

Is he going to give the night in night out effort like Mikal? Or course not but when he does he's better.

Mikal got abused by Luka whereas KD clamps him. Luka could barely get a shot off. 6'8 ain't 7 foot unicorn!
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,090

Post#20 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:36 am

We got warren back so is he going to start?

CP3
Booker
Warren
Durant
Ayton

I mean thats a solid starting five IF healthy...

I wish we didnt do this trade...I love Mikal and Cam and wanted to watch them for a very long time...But since we did were all in i guess...Lets win this thing.

Im feeling ill let hindsight decide how i feel about this.

If we win a chip with KD its hoooooooray!

If we dont this trade will be a LARGE thorn in my side and ima be pissed for the longest time....

Im scared.

Return to Phoenix Suns