Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#841 » by Saberestar » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:31 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
In this one KD was clutch and we got the W. Jokic

Or you could say he was awful in the clutch (the whole 4th). JUSSSST hit that last 3 and then he had a second clutch opportunity which he took and was amazing.

It was a weird game.

Clutch time is not the entire 4th quarter on any game.

Clutch time is defined as the final five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime when the score is within five points.

Soooo... KD was great in the clucth time and Jokic was a non factor at all.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#842 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:02 am

KD has played already 56 games this season for the Suns. Those are more than what he ever played in a season for the Nets.

4th leading scorer while being only 24th in usage.

And he is dunking much more than in his last few years. 59 dunks so far...best dunk numbers since 2018/19 with GSW.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#843 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:00 pm

Saberestar wrote:KD has played already 56 games this season for the Suns. Those are more than what he ever played in a season for the Nets.

And he is dunking much more than in his last few years. 59 dunks so far...best dunk numbers since 2018/19 with GSW.

He's carried us all season with how much Beal and Book has been in and out of the lineup. I really hope we're able to give him some time off in the next month, weve put a hell of a load on KDs body this season.

Dunk numbers speak to our spacing, the Nets never had this amount of shooting, they always played at least 1 non shooter even before they traded for Ben Simmons
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#844 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:57 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Saberestar wrote:KD has played already 56 games this season for the Suns. Those are more than what he ever played in a season for the Nets.

He's carried us all season with how much Beal and Book has been in and out of the lineup. I really hope we're able to give him some time off in the next month, weve put a hell of a load on KDs body this season.

Dunk numbers speak to our spacing, the Nets never had this amount of shooting, they always played at least 1 non shooter even before they traded for Ben Simmons

I honestly don't think he wants time off. He's got the mentality that he wants to play 37+ mpg. He's averaged almost 37 for his whole career. I think if injuries are gonna happen, they are gonna happen. He has had a lot of time off to give his body rest over the last 5 years. And his endurance is great.

I really didn't expect him to stay healthy and expected him to start to decline (maybe not year, but within a couple years), but it's been great he's been healthy and his shooting #s have been great as well as his defense.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#845 » by Saberestar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:14 am

45 points,10 rebounds and 6 assists while shooting 18/26 from the floor against the best team in the league.

Kevin Durant joins Larry Bird, LeBron James and Michael Jordan as the only players in NBA history with a 45/10/5 game at age 35 or older.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#846 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:46 pm

Yeah it's almost like Durant isn't the problem.

We'd likely be one of the worst teams in the league if it wasn't for KD
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#847 » by Fifii » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:19 pm

I don’t really know why KD is still missing in MVP Vote.

He missing only 7 games until now , he playing for Beal and sometimes Booker. If we didn’t have him , probably we fight for Play - In spot or even worse
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,201

Post#848 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:27 pm

Fifii wrote:I don’t really know why KD is still missing in MVP Vote.

He missing only 7 games until now , he playing for Beal and sometimes Booker. If we didn’t have him , probably we fight for Play - In spot or even worse
We are literally a play-in team rn
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#849 » by Fifii » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 pm

All right. I calmed down after last match so I writing very interesting post ( I think so ). Jones gave a lot of assets to gain him. We can’t trade him after this season because we don’t getting back this asset, maybe we can reclaim 3/4 , but we know Jones so very possible options is that we getting back half of these assets. My conclusion is that we are addictive from crabby KD. If we looked at his previous team, none of them fans doesn’t like him as ex player ( for example we like Mikal and Mikal like us). I know that Ayton doesn’t like us ( and we don’t like him ) , but you know. Body language KD was very bad in previous game. If he was exhausted , he can ask about substitute ( I know Vogel play him very heavy min and he isn’t a robot) , but I don’t think so that was it. His body try say “f u c k this” and he very fast go to the locker room. Something is wrong in team and he isn’t happy with this team. I have a hope that is because we lose and lose again and he don’t want quit and put trade request
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#850 » by Revived » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#851 » by NYG » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 am

Outsider here... Is there any validity locally to KD being unhappy?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,201

Post#852 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 am

NYG wrote:Outsider here... Is there any validity locally to KD being unhappy?
That's just his personality.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#853 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:12 am

NYG wrote:Outsider here... Is there any validity locally to KD being unhappy?

I don't think he's necessarily unhappy to be in Phx and wants out. I do think he's frustrated we are not better.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#854 » by sunsbg » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:30 am

It's somewhat hilarious Suns ended with a more overpaid player than DA in Beal and based also on that Nets fan opinion quitter in KD. Of course a lot of the people who bash Ayton will not admit it.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#855 » by Saberestar » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:43 am

sunsbg wrote:It's somewhat hilarious Suns ended with a more overpaid player than DA in Beal and based also on that Nets fan opinion quitter in KD. Of course a lot of the people who bash Ayton will not admit it.

One opinion means nothing. He was always great on the court for the Nets.

We don't know why he has played bad in the last couple of games. It could be as simple as being tired but we need to wait and see how he plays from now. That will give us the answer.

In a interview he said that he doesn't care about his points/shots and they won against Charlotte and they scored 129 against the Bucks...they had more than enough offense but they lost on defense.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#856 » by garrick » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:10 am

sunsbg wrote:It's somewhat hilarious Suns ended with a more overpaid player than DA in Beal and based also on that Nets fan opinion quitter in KD. Of course a lot of the people who bash Ayton will not admit it.

The Phoenix Suns may ultimately send Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks in a deal, but they reportedly don't want Grayson Allen back in return.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst discussed the situation on his podcast (41:30) and noted the salaries match up for a Crowder-Allen swap, but the Suns "don't particularly like" the idea of landing the Duke product and "prefer something else."

Imagine if JJ weren't so stupid last season and made the trade for Grayson, that then opens up a lot of opportunities this season as instead of doing the Nurkic, Little and Grayson trade maybe instead of Grayson there's one more player we could have added to the roster via the DA trade or possibly an entirely different trade altogether.

Since it seems like the "steal" of the trade was Grayson it is really regrettable that he could have been had last season yet due to the shortsightedness of our stupid and lazy GM it was another self inflicted blow.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#857 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 pm

garrick wrote:

The Phoenix Suns may ultimately send Jae Crowder to the Milwaukee Bucks in a deal, but they reportedly don't want Grayson Allen back in return.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst discussed the situation on his podcast (41:30) and noted the salaries match up for a Crowder-Allen swap, but the Suns "don't particularly like" the idea of landing the Duke product and "prefer something else."

Imagine if JJ weren't so stupid last season and made the trade for Grayson, that then opens up a lot of opportunities this season as instead of doing the Nurkic, Little and Grayson trade maybe instead of Grayson there's one more player we could have added to the roster via the DA trade or possibly an entirely different trade altogether.

Since it seems like the "steal" of the trade was Grayson it is really regrettable that he could have been had last season yet due to the shortsightedness of our stupid and lazy GM it was another self inflicted blow.

Yeah, that would have been a great move. I wonder who we could have gotten for Ayton otherwise? Jonas Valuncias and Larry Nance Jr? Capela? Capela would give us much better D and just as good of rebounding, plus he is a great finisher inside. Crowder for Allen and one of those deals would be nice. I don't think we could have gotten the first one and I didn't give it a ton of thought. Maybe another piece with Capela though.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,996

Post#858 » by garrick » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:

Yeah, that would have been a great move. I wonder who we could have gotten for Ayton otherwise? Jonas Valuncias and Larry Nance Jr? Capela? Capela would give us much better D and just as good of rebounding, plus he is a great finisher inside. Crowder for Allen and one of those deals would be nice. I don't think we could have gotten the first one and I didn't give it a ton of thought. Maybe another piece with Capela though.

That's the story of JJ's career as GM here.

Sits on his assets and doesn't make any moves until his hand is forced so to speak. One reason we are also so limited in the kind of trades we can make is that the roster is filled with minimum contract guys that can't be moved for equal value when it comes to trades.

Now it's absolutely essential that the Suns lock up Grayson and Royce for the sole fact that we do need players making around 10-15 million if we want to make some trades that bring back any meaningful value.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#859 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:56 pm

Give the man some rest, he didn't come here for this bullshat, he's as old as **** with a torn achilles for fks sake

Booker and Beal are prime age and paid the max, they should be the guys carrying this team, it really irks me that Beal is playing like such an afterthought when he should be the guy carrying KD during the reg season at least.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#860 » by spanishninja » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:10 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Give the man some rest, he didn't come here for this bullshat, he's as old as **** with a torn achilles for fks sake

Booker and Beal are prime age and paid the max, they should be the guys carrying this team, it really irks me that Beal is playing like such an afterthought when he should be the guy carrying KD during the reg season at least.

Beal has been improving lately after recovering from his latest injury. When it plays, he's really the only one consistently driving to the hoop

Return to Phoenix Suns