And1: 14,830

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#801 » by Saberestar » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:02 am

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#802 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:02 pm

Love me some Bridges but he's really came back to earth this season especially in advanced stats. I'm happy to have KDs alien ass.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#803 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:30 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Love me some Bridges but he's really came back to earth this season especially in advanced stats. I'm happy to have KDs alien ass.

Mikal is a good piece to have around KD, not in place of him.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#804 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:54 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Love me some Bridges but he's really came back to earth this season especially in advanced stats. I'm happy to have KDs alien ass.

Mikal is an awesome piece to have on any team. The whole franchise player to build around stuff from last year was probably a little much. He's a great 3rd or 4th best player on a contender.

I don't always trust advanced defensive stats but Mikals have really suffered since being a top offensive option. Like he's somehow a negative defensive BPM guy this year.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#805 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Mikal is an awesome piece to have on any team. The whole franchise player to build around stuff from last year was probably a little much. He's a great 3rd or 4th best player on a contender.

I don't always trust advanced defensive stats but Mikals have really suffered since being a top offensive option. Like he's somehow a negative defensive BPM guy this year.

Something's not right in Brooklyn, they're somehow one of the worst defenses in the league despite being a team of defensive players.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#806 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Something's not right in Brooklyn, they're somehow one of the worst defenses in the league despite being a team of defensive players.
I worry they might deal Mikal to a Western contender. They will deny listening to offers on Mikal but if some of the packages rumored to be offered last season are on the table I could see them be tempted to cash out.

spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#807 » by spanishninja » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:07 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Mikal is an awesome piece to have on any team. The whole franchise player to build around stuff from last year was probably a little much. He's a great 3rd or 4th best player on a contender.

I worry they might deal Mikal to a Western contender. They will deny listening to offers on Mikal but if some of the packages rumored to be offered last season are on the table I could see them be tempted to cash out.

I hope they keep his chipotle loving ass in the East. Wonder if Philly makes a move for him to put them over the top? they got plenty of salaries to match for him if Brooklyn wants to blow it up.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#808 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Mikal is an awesome piece to have on any team. The whole franchise player to build around stuff from last year was probably a little much. He's a great 3rd or 4th best player on a contender.

I think the Nets are more likely to be buyers than sellers at the deadline since they don't own their own pick for the foreseeable future because of the Harden trade.

I'm sure they're shopping the likes of Finney Smith and O'Neal but I wouldn't expect them to trade Mikal unless if they get an offer they can't refuse, he's their best player on a good contract and a good community guy, he's not a number 1 option but he's a guy you can build around.

I don't see any contending team in the West being able to trade for him anyway except maybe the Warriors. OKC, Pels and Kings have the picks to get a deal done but no real need for a wing. Wolves got no picks to trade, same with Clippers and Denver, the Lakers and Mavs have 1 which won't get it done and everyone else is a tanking team.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#809 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm

spanishninja wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I hope they keep his chipotle loving ass in the East. Wonder if Philly makes a move for him to put them over the top? they got plenty of salaries to match for him if Brooklyn wants to blow it up.
Very logical destination although I'm not sure those franchises are super friendly with each other. But you're right that it's very easy for Philly to structure a deal money wise.

sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#810 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:18 pm

spanishninja wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I doubt the Nets would be interested, Sixers picks are not worth much when their core is going to be Embiid, Maxey and Mikal. That's likely a mid-late 20s pick every time

Also would you want to deal with Morey again after he sold you damaged goods in Ben Simmons ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#811 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I think the Nets are more likely to be buyers than sellers at the deadline since they don't own their own pick for the foreseeable future because of the Harden trade.

I'm sure they're shopping the likes of Finney Smith and O'Neal but I wouldn't expect them to trade Mikal unless if they get an offer they can't refuse, he's their best player on a good contract and a good community guy, he's not a number 1 option but he's a guy you can build around.

I don't see any contending team in the West being able to trade for him anyway except maybe the Warriors. OKC, Pels and Kings have the picks to get a deal done but no real need for a wing. Wolves got no picks to trade, same with Clippers and Denver, the Lakers and Mavs have 1 which won't get it done and everyone else is a tanking team.
For some reason I thought this years Brooklyn pick to Houston was a pick swap but nope they straight up owe that one to Houston. That's brutal.

They do have their pick in 25 so if they were ever going to reset it would be now.

I agree they won't actively shop Mikal but I highly doubt the Nets are going to be good the next couple years and then in 26 they will have Mikal as a UFA likely looking for max type money and about to turn 30. It's reasonable they could cash out if they get offered like 3 1sts or something.

sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#812 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:29 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I worry they might deal Mikal to a Western contender. They will deny listening to offers on Mikal but if some of the packages rumored to be offered last season are on the table I could see them be tempted to cash out.

For some reason I thought this years Brooklyn pick to Houston was a pick swap but nope they straight up owe that one to Houston. That's brutal.

They do have their pick in 25 so if they were ever going to reset it would be now.

I agree they won't actively shop Mikal but I highly doubt the Nets are going to be good the next couple years and then in 26 they will have Mikal as a UFA likely looking for max type money and about to turn 30. It's reasonable they could cash out if they get offered like 3 1sts or something.

No protections on any of those picks, just like our ones owed to the Nets 8-) . I guess when you have a big 3 headed up by KD on your team protections aren't something you're concerned about.

Life in the NBA comes at you fast..
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#813 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:27 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

No protections on any of those picks, just like our ones owed to the Nets 8-) . I guess when you have a big 3 headed up by KD on your team protections aren't something you're concerned about.

Life in the NBA comes at you fast..

The Brooklyn Nets are now 4-16 since this tweet:
Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#814 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:37 am

Kellan Olson
KD made this

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#815 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:36 pm

Best defenders on 400+ DFGA this season:

41.3% — Kevin Durant
41.7% — Jaylen Brown
41.8% — Alex Caruso
42.3% — Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
42.4% — Bam Adebayo
42.5% — Jaden McDaniels
42.9% — Luguentz Dort

What stands out?

Read on Twitter

KD deserves an All-Defense team this season.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#816 » by spanishninja » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Best defenders on 400+ DFGA this season:

41.3% — Kevin Durant
41.7% — Jaylen Brown
41.8% — Alex Caruso
42.3% — Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
42.4% — Bam Adebayo
42.5% — Jaden McDaniels
42.9% — Luguentz Dort

What stands out?

Read on Twitter

KD deserves an All-Defense team this season.

to be real, Jaylen Brown stands out the most. really stepped up his D.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,513

Post#817 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:39 pm

Saberestar wrote:Kellan Olson
KD made this

I know man I watched the game :o
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,383

Post#818 » by Golanator » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:14 am

All Star starter! And a nice bonus

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#819 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:39 am

KD on the dunk

In response to Nurk saying that’s the “(Oklahoma City) KD,” Durant said: “That’s the P-H-X KD.”

Read on Twitter

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#820 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:18 am

Anteto
I love playing against the best

Return to Phoenix Suns