General Manager
And1: 6,160

Re: KD to the Suns 

Post#781 » by spanishninja » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:10 pm

Saberestar wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

that's for all the games including the qualifiers?

Yeah.

ok yeah glad they didn't forget about us.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#782 » by Saberestar » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:21 pm

Kevin Durant is 67-134 (50.0%) from three point range in his Suns career.

That puts him atop the all-time Suns list:

1. Kevin Durant - 50.0%
2. Damion Lee - 44.5%
3. Steve Nash - 43.5%
4. Raja Bell - 42.2%
5. Wesley Person - 40,7%

Read on Twitter
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Post#783 » by Frank Lee » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:26 pm

What is his shooting %s in the 4th Q? Wonder where he ranks historically there for the Suns. Top 10 you would think?

I’d look but don’t know where

Anyone ….anyone… Bueller … Bueller
What ? Me Worry ?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#784 » by Saberestar » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:25 am

This was a beautiful dunk in clutch time. We were lucky enough to have Tom Leander in and we could hear his traditional "ELEVATES AND DETONATES".
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#785 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:21 am

Here's how forwards are performing with more offensive responsibility

⬆️Shooting better with shot making, quality, and creation taken into account

➡️More offensive responsibility

Read on Twitter
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,257

Post#786 » by enigmatics » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:03 pm

I just saw on the Suns reddit that KD is -73 in the 4th quarter this year? Is that accurate? Yikes.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,756

Post#787 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:11 am

enigmatics wrote:I just saw no the Suns reddit that KD is -73 in the 4th quarter this year? Is that accurate? Yikes.

The whole team is probably the same though, right? Suns are easy to defend in the 4th when the pressure is up and nobody can do anything except KD and Book. And KD had to play all by himself a lot.

Still, he wanted this :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#788 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 1, 2024 5:29 pm

KD with 32 assists and only 4 TOs in the last 3 wins.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#789 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:43 pm

KD is playing insane. His shooting #s are crazy.

53/48/87 and is cutting turnovers down.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#790 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:20 pm

After the Suns' loss to the LA Clippers on Monday night at Crypto.com Arena, Durant spoke exclusively with FOX Sports, hoping to set the record straight on exactly how he feels about his team.

"I don't want to get traded," Durant said. "I'm not frustrated because Brad was injured. I wasn't frustrated because of the role players on the team. That s--- really was ignorant to me, you know what I'm saying?"

"It's like, yeah, we lose a game – you think I'm supposed to be happy after we lose a game? You know what I'm saying? I'm not frustrated with the whole situation. I may be frustrated at the moment, at a bad play or a tough stretch. But nah, I enjoy the grind."

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nba/kevin-durant-refutes-reports-of-frustration-with-suns-i-dont-want-to-get-traded
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#791 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:25 am

From Kevin O'Connor

Kevin Durant in Phoenix's 22-point 4th quarter comeback vs. the Kings:

- Forced a Domantas Sabonis turnover
- Blocked a De'Aaron Fox 3
- Blocked a Malik Monk floater
- Hit two clutch 3s
- Made 4 clutch free throws

One of the best stretches I've seen from any player this season. Pure dominance leading that unbelievable Suns comeback after Frank Vogel put him in a center. Dropped to contain multiple pick-and-rolls. Switched screens and contained both quick guards and battled a tough big. Defended across positions at an equally high level while doing what he did on offense (15 points, 1 assist in the 4th). A remarkable performance by KD that showed every dimension of his game.

I didn't see the game live but knew the results yet the comeback still didn't seem possible as it was happening watching it back. Down 22 with 8:10 to go. Still down 18 with 5:36 to go. Just unthinkable. KD took that game away, obviously with some help.

Josh Okogie was a dog on defense then Eric Gordon brought the same intensity once he came in. Grayson Allen was a monster. Devin Booker and Bradley Beal came through when needed - Beal brought great effort on defense too with the interception on a pass to Sabonis.

Phoenix won't always use KD at center but it's a weapon to turn to when needed like tonight, and Vogel definitely will more often in the playoffs as I fully expect them to. Tonight felt like a moment the Suns saw what they can become.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#792 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:39 am

Saberestar wrote:From Kevin O'Connor

- Hit two clutch 3s

One of the best stretches I've seen from any player this season. Pure dominance leading that unbelievable Suns comeback after Frank Vogel put him in a center. Dropped to contain multiple pick-and-rolls. Switched screens and contained both quick guards and battled a tough big. Defended across positions at an equally high level while doing what he did on offense (15 points, 1 assist in the 4th). A remarkable performance by KD that showed every dimension of his game.

I didn't see the game live but knew the results yet the comeback still didn't seem possible as it was happening watching it back. Down 22 with 8:10 to go. Still down 18 with 5:36 to go. Just unthinkable. KD took that game away, obviously with some help.

Josh Okogie was a dog on defense then Eric Gordon brought the same intensity once he came in. Grayson Allen was a monster. Devin Booker and Bradley Beal came through when needed - Beal brought great effort on defense too with the interception on a pass to Sabonis.

Phoenix won't always use KD at center but it's a weapon to turn to when needed like tonight, and Vogel definitely will more often in the playoffs as I fully expect them to. Tonight felt like a moment the Suns saw what they can become.

We can all say it's Books team, but this team goes as far as KD takes them. His 2 way ability can't be matched.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#793 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:16 am

sashaturiaf wrote:

- Hit two clutch 3s

We can all say it's Books team, but this team goes as far as KD takes them. His 2 way ability can't be matched.

There's no doubt in my mind that KD is the better player even at 35 years old.

Book needs to rely on KD more because he sometimes forces some plays and shots ignoring KD (and Beal).

Book needs to understand that he isn't playing next to Josh Jackson or Chriss anymore. He has some great players sharing the court with him now, he needs to be more efficient and reduce his usage.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#794 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:44 pm

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Q4 KD in the playoffs. In 82 game season it's hard for 35yo player to show consistency on both offense and defense. By that time hopefully everybody gets used a lot better to their roles, coaching improves, so we don't need KD magic to win a game.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#795 » by NapoleonII » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:06 pm

sunsbg wrote:I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Q4 KD in the playoffs. In 82 game season it's hard for 35yo player to show consistency on both offense and defense. By that time hopefully everybody gets used a lot better to their roles, coaching improves, so we don't need KD magic to win a game.

Agreed, you simply can't ask a 35 year old, 16th year vet to carry a team anymore for 80+ games.

But he definitely showed tonight that when push comes to shove, he can be a top 5 player. A guy you win a championship to.

At this stage, I sort of see his offense stamp as a 2016 Cavs Kyrie (minus the ball-handling....I mean just give him the ball and he can score) - he's a walking bucket, but he needs someone to control the flow. I think Book and Beal can collectively do that. If you do that, he's still the best SF in the game in late clock situations.

And then defensively, oddly enough, I think Durant can actually improve even more. Playing him at center is something Vogel might really like -- remember his Pacers defensive identity with Hibbert / a young Paul George? Durant is way faster than Hibbert, longer and taller than PG, and CAN effectively defend 3-5 in spurts.

And then there's Bol Bol.

I've been advocating this line-up for months:

Beal
Book
Allen
Bol Bol
KD
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#796 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:28 pm

NapoleonII wrote:
sunsbg wrote:I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Q4 KD in the playoffs. In 82 game season it's hard for 35yo player to show consistency on both offense and defense. By that time hopefully everybody gets used a lot better to their roles, coaching improves, so we don't need KD magic to win a game.

Agreed, you simply can't ask a 35 year old, 16th year vet to carry a team anymore for 80+ games.

But he definitely showed tonight that when push comes to shove, he can be a top 5 player. A guy you win a championship to.

At this stage, I sort of see his offense stamp as a 2016 Cavs Kyrie (minus the ball-handling....I mean just give him the ball and he can score) - he's a walking bucket, but he needs someone to control the flow. I think Book and Beal can collectively do that. If you do that, he's still the best SF in the game in late clock situations.

And then defensively, oddly enough, I think Durant can actually improve even more. Playing him at center is something Vogel might really like -- remember his Pacers defensive identity with Hibbert / a young Paul George? Durant is way faster than Hibbert, longer and taller than PG, and CAN effectively defend 3-5 in spurts.

And then there's Bol Bol.

I've been advocating this line-up for months:

Beal
Book
Allen
Bol Bol
KD

Ability is easily top 5 player, I'd say he's level with Jokic as the best player in the NBA when he's giving his all but we have to recognise KD's limitations at this stage

1. He's 35 and injury prone, so he needs to load manage during the regular season (a lot)
2. He's not a natural leader, he's not someone that can elevate the morale of his teammates when they're down and out since his instinct is to be deep within his own thoughts.

If we can afford him these luxuries and get a playoff spot then I fancy our chances against anyone when it counts, long as the health holds up.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#797 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Saberestar wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind that KD is the better player even at 35 years old.

Book needs to rely on KD more because he sometimes forces some plays and shots ignoring KD (and Beal).

Book needs to understand that he isn't playing next to Josh Jackson or Chriss anymore. He has some great players sharing the court with him now, he needs to be more efficient and reduce his usage.

Yeah, KD should be taking more shots than Book, unless Book is on fire. He's simply far more efficient. But as I've mentioned, more catch and shoots and not much ball handling because if we try that he turns it over too much.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#798 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 am

KD is the first Sun to score 40+ PTS with ZERO free throw attempts.

sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#799 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:13 am

Saberestar wrote:KD is the first Sun to score 40+ PTS with ZERO free throw attempts.

KD having 0 free throws in any game is ridiculous, let alone one where he shot enough to score 40, refs hang your head in shame.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#800 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:48 pm

Return to Phoenix Suns