Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#201 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:11 pm

Almost means nothing when Vogel say an injury isn't serious....
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#202 » by kennydorglas » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:23 pm

Hopefully he'll fix his nose now
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,508

Post#203 » by Stix » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:44 pm

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#204 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:40 am

Frank Vogel said the plan is for Bradley Beal to have that procedure done on his nose over the break that had previously been reported as a possibility. Vogel said it shouldn’t interfere with the plan for Beal’s hamstring. Nose procedure will only keep him out a few days.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#205 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Almost means nothing when Vogel say an injury isn't serious....

Seeing how Hardens hamstring issues ended up causing the implosion of the Nets big 3, I'd say KD would be telling Beal to take his sweet time
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,490

Post#206 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:47 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Almost means nothing when Vogel say an injury isn't serious....

Seeing how Hardens hamstring issues ended up causing the implosion of the Nets big 3, I'd say KD would be telling Beal to take his sweet time

Book hurts his hamstring a lot and is usually only out 1-2 weeks. Doesn't seem like it should be more than a couple weeks which would mean he should only miss 1-3 games after the break. Since we have a b2b to start, if he's ready he probably only will play 1 of those, but with 3 days off between Houston and LA, maybe they give him the extra time which would be over 2 weeks.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#207 » by Revived » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:08 pm

I wonder what the Sixers offered for Beal and if Suns will regret not taking that deal.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#208 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:34 pm

Revived wrote:I wonder what the Sixers offered for Beal and if Suns will regret not taking that deal.
Probably a moot point due to Beals non trade clause. That no-trade clause is a bummer but without it he's likely not a suns player right now.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,726

Post#209 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:24 pm

Those headlines sounded like click bait to me.
Flex is now your father.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#210 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm

sunsbum wrote:Those headlines sounded like click bait to me.
Yeah any 'team x inquired about player x' type reporting is worthless. Like yeah GMs talk and ask about players all the time, thats like literally their job and not news.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#211 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:58 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Revived wrote:I wonder what the Sixers offered for Beal and if Suns will regret not taking that deal.
Probably a moot point due to Beals non trade clause. That no-trade clause is a bummer but without it he's likely not a suns player right now.

Aside from that, what do they have to offer? We're both trying to contend so what do they have that would make us better? On salary alone, you'll need you'll likely need to include someone like Harris who I have no desire for
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#212 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbum wrote:Those headlines sounded like click bait to me.
Yeah any 'team x inquired about player x' type reporting is worthless. Like yeah GMs talk and ask about players all the time, thats like literally their job and not news.

It's literally no different from when I used to play 2K and going through every team with a superstar and packaging up 3-4 salaries and hit "trade" to see if it goes through, if not then next team.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#213 » by Revived » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Aside from that, what do they have to offer? We're both trying to contend so what do they have that would make us better? On salary alone, you'll need you'll likely need to include someone like Harris who I have no desire for

Tobias Harris overall has more value than Bradley Beal right now though.

Beal has the worst contract in the NBA at the moment.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#214 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:20 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Probably a moot point due to Beals non trade clause. That no-trade clause is a bummer but without it he's likely not a suns player right now.

We trying to win the best value team title ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#215 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Aside from that, what do they have to offer? We're both trying to contend so what do they have that would make us better? On salary alone, you'll need you'll likely need to include someone like Harris who I have no desire for

Id also argue it's simply not true. There are several players making $15m+ who are unplayable and out of rotations. Those are the truly bad contacts. Guys who can actually play but are overpaid are definitely ahead of them in the bad contact deal.

Hell Poole who was another option and is a way way worse contact. He's been dismal with Washington.

Id rather have Beals contact than Aytons.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#216 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:22 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Revived wrote:Tobias Harris overall has more value than Bradley Beal right now though.

Id also argue it's simply not true. There are several players making $15m+ who are unplayable and out of rotations. Those are the truly bad contacts. Guys who can actually play but are overpaid are definitely ahead of them in the bad contact deal.

Hell Poole who was another option and is a way way worse contact. He's been dismal with Washington.

Id rather have Beals contact than Aytons.

I don't read into at all. It's just hyperbole

When it's to do with the Suns, everything is always the worst. You see it all the time. We get the worst whistle, we have the worst home crowd, we have the worst contract, we have the worst bench, we have the worst Big 3, we have the worst franchise player, we have the worst owner, we have the worst coach, we have the worst GM, we have the worst half time show, we have the worst MC's, we have the worst....arena name, we have the worst whatever whatever whatever

When you're not happy with your team or some aspect of the team, everything is always the WORST.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Post#217 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:09 am

Bradley Beal has had procedure done on broken nose, sources inform @azcentral.

As for the left hamstring, sources inform @azcentral Bradley Beal is on track to return Thursday at Dallas barring any setbacks.

Let's go!!
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#218 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:42 pm

I don't get the hate for Beals contract. You can criticise his availability for the past few seasons but as a player he was a legitimate all-NBA level player and elite at what he does (score). When you're that level of player how much can you even be overpaid?

Reminds me of when Gobert was the flavor of the month in terms of being called overpaid and NBA groupthink went along with it.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#219 » by Stix » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:15 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:I don't get the hate for Beals contract. You can criticise his availability for the past few seasons but as a player he was a legitimate all-NBA level player and elite at what he does (score). When you're that level of player how much can you even be overpaid?

Reminds me of when Gobert was the flavor of the month in terms of being called overpaid and NBA groupthink went along with it.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Also the same for games played. He's worthless if he is always wearing street clothes. His bad 3pt shooting in games outside of the Lakers/Washington is embarrassing. I don't know the exact stat off the top of my head but its somewhere around 20%.

He is the 6th highest player in the NBA, only Curry/Durant/Joker/LBJ/Embiid make more. All the names mentioned are legit MVP candidates. Can we say the same for Beal? He's also missed more games this year than the guy we traded for him (CP3) who is 39 years old in an expiring contract. I would argue that Beal is not even in the top 25 of NBA players. Definitely does not justify his contract. He was on a bad team for a decade, never got them anywhere in the playoffs when they did make it.

Please bro, look into your facts before you start being a Beal stan. That is currently the worst contract in the NBA. On top of that, you need to get his say-so if you even want to think about trading him. Ridiculous.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Stix » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:17 pm

Players that make less than Brad Beal:
Giannis, Kawhi, PG13, Dame, Butler, AD, Doncic, Towns, Booker, Harden, Ja....

Return to Phoenix Suns