ImageImageImage

Bradley Beal thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,830

Bradley Beal thread 

Post#1 » by Saberestar » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Beal’s agent Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports confirmed to ESPN that a framework is in place that’ll land Beal with Suns. “This was an extremely complicated process with so many different hurdles to get through and Ted Leonsis and Michael Winger were unbelievable partners in making this happen.”

Read on Twitter

Three-time All-Star in his prime. It's gonna be fun.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Re: Bradley Beal thread 

Post#2 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:43 pm

Holy cow, that's as all in as you can go. Don't know if it's gonna work out but to have an owner willing to go balls to the wall is a pleasant change of scenery.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#3 » by LiSTWithLani » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Does he fit next to KD and Booker? Not in my opinion...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using RealGM mobile app
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#4 » by kennydorglas » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:47 pm

WOW
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#5 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:50 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:Holy cow, that's as all in as you can go. Don't know if it's gonna work out but to have an owner willing to go balls to the wall is a pleasant change of scenery.
Yeah Ive never rooted for a franchise in any sport with an owner who's just straight up yolo and rich as ****. It's certainly entertaining and a stark contrast from Sarver. Wish Matt was around for the Nash era, probably have a banner hanging right now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:52 pm

LiSTWithLani wrote:Does he fit next to KD and Booker? Not in my opinion...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using RealGM mobile app

Beal fits well next to any type of player. He is great on and off the ball.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#7 » by m1chal » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:01 pm

Some Wiz fan posted this on their board. Kinda funny:

Bradley Beal has shown us who he is.
As a player on the court, he leaves much to be desired. But this action reveals his character in full.
What an act of grubby crassness. What a burning of bridges.
And what does it tell us about all those years of professing loyalty and love for the city? It tells us it was a fraud.
May the fans burn his Jersey as Cavs fans did Lebron’s.
May his number never hang in the rafters.
May his face be scrubbed immediately of all websites.
May he be booed lustily every time he touches the ball at Verizon Center.
May the Suns brazen act fail miserably, and end in dysfunction and implosion.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#8 » by Saberestar » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:01 pm

The only reason this trade worked is because Phoenix was the only place Beal wanted to come. Beal believed Phoenix was the right place for him and his family. And he wants to win a Championship with Booker and Durant.

Read on Twitter
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#9 » by sunsbg » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:05 pm

At least Beal is on the right side of 30...for a few more days. :lol:

Going from Saver, who as mentioned cost this team titles, to a big spender like Ishbia is crazy.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,056

Post#10 » by sunsbg » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:24 pm

This should be in CP3 appreciation thread, but the guy led the Suns to a finals appearance, best regular season record in franchise history and now was a key piece in a trade for star replacement. Not bad at all.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#11 » by JKiddy » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:38 pm

Guys I come in peace. But, many others will not as this will be seen as a bush league move.

The trade is heavily lopsided (the NBA might have to look into it further). Beal's agent and the PHX CEO are father and son. I think it will still go through. But, I would be very careful thinking a title will be coming automatically.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,391

Post#12 » by sunskerr » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:48 pm

JKiddy wrote:Guys I come in peace. But, many others will not as this will be seen as a bush league move.

The trade is heavily lopsided (the NBA might have to look into it further). Beal's agent and the PHX CEO are father and son. I think it will still go through. But, I would be very careful thinking a title will be coming automatically.

It's not lopsided. They are getting out of a player who hasn't been at his peak for 2ish seasons on a long contract where the final year is $57m! Bradley Beal did not average ~30 ppg last year but only 23.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,208

Post#13 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 pm

Time to go get Dame too
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#14 » by Saberestar » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:57 pm

JKiddy wrote:Guys I come in peace. But, many others will not as this will be seen as a bush league move.

Other teams that I have spoken too are just floored that the Suns got Beal for salary dump - one said it was Insane what the Wizards just did. They can't understand why Washington did not do what Brooklyn did with KD and just wait it out for a better deal.

Read on Twitter

They didn’t get a single 1st rd pick??

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,488

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:35 pm

Wow I'm shocked we got him for that. Gives me extended hope for the post KD era too. I would have loved this deal even without the KD deal to have those two guys, Bridges, Cam and even Ayton (or anyone at C). Of course either way this might be the best most unexpected deal I remember us making. We basically gave up nothing, though GoK REALLY is going to have slim pickins on even 2nd rounders now.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#16 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:50 pm

Ishibia is a god.

Tall about making a splash. We basically gave up nothing for Beal since Shamet has negative value.

Our top 4 is absolutely ridiculous. I don't worry about roster spots 5-10 with a full offseason to come. Those roster spots will sort themselves out, one dimensional guys, scrubby athletic defenders and ring chasers are everywhere and will jump on a min deal from a contender
MrMiyagi

Post#17 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Wow I'm shocked we got him for that. Gives me extended hope for the post KD era too. I would have loved this deal even without the KD deal to have those two guys, Bridges, Cam and even Ayton (or anyone at C). Of course either way this might be the best most unexpected deal I remember us making. We basically gave up nothing, though GoK REALLY is going to have slim pickins on even 2nd rounders now.
I would feel great is we still had Mikal/Cam and some of our 1sts.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
MrMiyagi

Post#18 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:51 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Ishibia is a god.

Tall about making a splash. We basically gave up nothing for Beal since Shamet has negative value.

Our top 4 is absolutely ridiculous. I don't worry about roster spots 5-10 with a full offseason to come. Those roster spots will sort themselves out, one dimensional guys, scrubby athletic defenders and ring chasers are everywhere and will jump on a min deal from a contender
Said the Nets and the Clippers.
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#19 » by SSOL » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:57 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Nets were historically great. It was the offcourt that spoiled the on.
MrMiyagi

Post#20 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:59 pm

SSOL wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Nets were historically great. It was the offcourt that spoiled the on.
Made history by playing 15 games together

Return to Phoenix Suns